Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Just got my thermovape today, ultralite charger is not flashing any color when I plug in with the battery. Am I doing something wrong? In the mean time, can I use regular 1.5v energizer AAA batteries? Any help would appreciated.

If you are talking about the Alpha Ultra should show green lights just plugged in and red when battery is in for charging (until charged, then green again). Other chargers are different, but in my experience something should light up on your charger without a battery being in it. Check your plug and the direction your battery is in the charger(obvious answers).

Best of all: call Thermovape (or email). They are very responsive and extremely helpful.

Sinclue,

zmurder

Just got my thermovape today, ultralite charger is not flashing any color when I plug in with the battery. Am I doing something wrong? In the mean time, can I use regular 1.5v energizer AAA batteries? Any help would appreciated.

I think you mean UltraFire charger (confusing b/c the device is the UltraLite). As Sinclue says, it should show Green when plugged in without any batteries. It should flash Red if you have a battery in there that is charging. I had some trouble with my charger at first. It turns out that only one of the slots on mine works (the left one).

zmurder,

Mr. Waks

yes sorry. my device is the ultralite. The ultrafire charger is not working. When plugged in, there are no lights at all.

Mr. Waks,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So does anyone think the revolution is worth the trouble of buying bubble bag equipment and a revolution and making my own hash? Or is it simply a LOT of money for very little and I should just stick with my TV and flowers? I can't decide if it is going to cost me a ton to make very little hash or not. I have next to no experience with hash other than combustion days and adding a bit to my TV which doesn't work nearly as well as the revolution.

I'm quite jealous of the medical states where someone doesn't need to do all this.

darkrom,

Dj Bass

So does anyone think the revolution is worth the trouble of buying bubble bag equipment and a revolution and making my own hash? Or is it simply a LOT of money for very little and I should just stick with my TV and flowers?.

Bubble does NOT work well in my experience with the rev or dart. It'll sit there on that ceramic, heatin up, but vapor production off the bubble is not that great. HOWEVER, bubble goes well in the T1 in my experience as long as you surround it with screens, and put it in a good envelope of flowers. Just melts into the flowers and you get a THICK cloud of vapor, and can def taste the extract.

But yeah, you really need a pretty liquidy full melt extract like wax, or shatter glass, or oil, or BHO, or whatever people like to call these solvent extracts. If you're only going to be making bubble, keep the T1, and if you want stuff to use in the Rev or DART, make BHO.

My 2cents and all.

B.

War Criminal
Bubble does NOT work well in my experience with the rev or dart. It'll sit there on that ceramic, heatin up, but vapor production off the bubble is not that great. HOWEVER, bubble goes well in the T1 in my experience as long as you surround it with screens, and put it in a good envelope of flowers. Just melts into the flowers and you get a THICK cloud of vapor, and can def taste the extract.

But yeah, you really need a pretty liquidy full melt extract like wax, or shatter glass, or oil, or BHO, or whatever people like to call these solvent extracts. If you're only going to be making bubble, keep the T1, and if you want stuff to use in the Rev or DART, make BHO.

My 2cents and all.

Ya, BHO is super easy to make, look up the Stainless Steel Turkey Baster method. The glass extractors make me nervous, I have one, but I rarely use it. There's a lot of pressure that can build up in there.

DO IT OUTSIDE!!!

Dry your flowers out very well first. I use very dry whole buds. And take the time to properly purge.

Watch some videos on youtube so you have an idea of what to expect.

It's soooooo worth it. BHO is on another level. My rev and omicron cart combo is a game changer for me. My LB, which used to come with me everywhere, has been sitting on the shelf since my rev came.

Take the leap, you can get a dart for ~$60, the materials to make the BHO(stainless steel baster, glass pie pan, coffee filter or fine screen, butane, will be roughly $20. My last run I put less than 10g in, and got enough BHO to fill an omicron cart to the brim and have a nice chunk left over, maybe .3 or .4, and I can still do another run of some less awesome oil, but still nice, and get at least another .1 or .2. I know it's tough in a non medical state to risk such a large amount on new process with a new device, it's quite a leap of faith. Take it man, this shit is the fucking coolest. I'm almost as excited for the rev/omi as I am for the cloud.

Each of my loads in the rev is about .05, so that last .4 will get me 8 loads, each of which will have me ripped for hours. Good times.

A gram in an omicron cart will last me weeks. I haven't touch my Ti nail since I got these things.

Mr. Waks

So would i be able to use regular 1.5v energizer AAA batteries in the mean time while i wait for my replacement charger? or will the ultralite not work with those?

Mr. Waks,

OF

So would i be able to use regular 1.5v energizer AAA batteries in the mean time while i wait for my replacement charger? or will the ultralite not work with those?

Not a chance. Don't waste your time. Energy density, internal resistance and terminal voltage are all wrong for use here. You need a 3.7 Volt battery (not 1.2 under load, look it up) that can deliver a dozen Watts (not two) or more on demand and has enough 'juice' for more than one hit. That particular type of battery (and no other) is the right call.

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
so, what would run hotter (at a safe temp for the device) the reg dart on 6v, or the LV on a variable voltage device? set at...say higher than 3.7 but nothing crazy. Could this DART cartridge setup essentially be like an "e-dabber" i mean the dart itself looks like your scooping a dab out and throwing it on there, or does it not completley touch the ceramic?

Xchadb,

mephisto

I am running the LV AVA on a Roughstack @3.7v w/ the purefilter. It cranks!!!!
I use the DA (4.2v) w/ the DART and it does a fine job as well. The cleaner your
extract, the more effective the delivery....I would say the LV AVA runs "hotter"
but that's just a physical observation of the atomizer body during use.

mephisto,

2clicker

Observer
so i got my 6V Dart earlier this week and let me tell you... this thing is amazing. it blows my Omicarts out of the water. not even close. i know they are 2 different animals. the Omicart being larger loading and longer lasting, but takes forever to "get there" and is always clogging. and i hate the restricted airflow. the Dart is blasting out giant clouds within just a few seconds of applying heat. there is VERY little learning curve IMO with the Dart. i feel much more confident when handing the Dart to someone new that they will get a good rip w/out needing instruction. this can not be said for the Omicarts.

you can really go through some oil just blasting the Dart. when i first got it i was so impressed with the clouds that i couldnt put it down. put a little dent in my oil supply quickly. however after more use i can adjust my button time and get very efficient with it as well. i can choose to sip on it or to pull huge clouds from it.

i love the idea of the Omicart and how you can load a 1g and just rip it whenever. but i hate having to pre-heat, and unclog, keep heating.. and then pull really slow. and then have to do this like 3 or 4 times to get a decent rip. can be a PITA IMO. so as of now the Dart is my go to cart for oil. probably going to be getting an LV version as well.

TV, one thing that i think could improve the Dart... what about a threaded version. so instead of the top of the Dart using o-rings to mate to the core, there could be some sort of thread instead. or some sort of locking device locking the top into place so it cannot be accidentally pulled out when not wanted. just a thought.

2clicker,

NewSchoolExplorer

My 2cents and all.

Agreed, also I find myself not picking up my T1 since I got my rev. :( Currently I feel that the rev is a lot more easier to get as medicated because of short heat up times and potent oil combo. Whereas a set of batteries are used up with only a chambers worth of flowers and than you still need to refill the chamber and change batteries and all that while dealing with the WARM unit itself. The rev or the DART simplifies all that.

2Clicker: I HAVE yet to try the omicron but you review was kind of opposite from what others have to say about the learning curve. I thought with the omi you just turn it on and inhale?

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

2clicker

Observer
2Clicker: I HAVE yet to try the omicron but you review was kind of opposite from what others have to say about the learning curve. I thought with the omi you just turn it on and inhale?

that sounds more like the Dart to me. with the Omicarts, depending on your oil consistency, i generally have to pre heat for 4-6 seconds to fix the clog. i believe some call this the "pop clog" because it makes a slight popping sound when cleared up. then after clearing the clog i usually have to pre heat again to get the cart warmed up. ill let it heat for 2-4 seconds and slowly pull until the 7 second timeout kicks in. usually ill have to do this 3 to 4 times to get a full rip. hitting an Omicart is like sucking on a milkshake. im running 2.4ohm Omicarts on a 3.7V DA on 4.2V setting mind you. i suppose if i was running 1.5ohm Omicarts on the same pen that i would get better performance...?

with the Dart i have to preheat 3-5 seconds tops and it is deploying thick vapor. its takes considerably less time to get medicated with the Dart than with my Omicarts. dont get me wrong hats off to Delta for bringing the community the first real working carts to use with oils. and work they do.

i will say that im comparing a cart on a 3.7V device to the Dart that is the 6V version, but from my understanding the LV and Reg Dart perform the same...? after using the Dart, i think i would prefer to use it everyday over my Omicarts. i do like the idea of loading more and just having it be ready, but the negatives weigh heavily IMO. it appears to me that companies like TV and Delta are working diligently every day to offer the latest and greatest in errl cart tech. im sure things are only going to get better.

Anyone know anything about this charger? it says its multi-voltage and for LiFePO cells. it should work for the Tenergy LiFePO cells right?

http://www.madvapes.com/HG-1412-W-4-Cell-Li-Ion-Charger_p_3313.html

2clicker,

JoeKickass

that sounds more like the Dart to me. with the Omicarts, depending on your oil consistency, i generally have to pre heat for 4-6 seconds to fix the clog. i believe some call this the "pop clog" because it makes a slight popping sound when cleared up. then after clearing the clog i usually have to pre heat again to get the cart warmed up. ill let it heat for 2-4 seconds and slowly pull until the 7 second timeout kicks in. usually ill have to do this 3 to 4 times to get a full rip. hitting an Omicart is like sucking on a milkshake. im running 2.4ohm Omicarts on a 3.7V DA on 4.2V setting mind you. i suppose if i was running 1.5ohm Omicarts on the same pen that i would get better performance...?

with the Dart i have to preheat 3-5 seconds tops and it is deploying thick vapor. its takes considerably less time to get medicated with the Dart than with my Omicarts. dont get me wrong hats off to Delta for bringing the community the first real working carts to use with oils. and work they do.

i will say that im comparing a cart on a 3.7V device to the Dart that is the 6V version, but from my understanding the LV and Reg Dart perform the same...? after using the Dart, i think i would prefer to use it everyday over my Omicarts. i do like the idea of loading more and just having it be ready, but the negatives weigh heavily IMO. it appears to me that companies like TV and Delta are working diligently every day to offer the latest and greatest in errl cart tech. im sure things are only going to get better.

2clicker had a falling out with THCsci, many people find their carts very easy to use. Draw fast, big clouds yada yada yada

But I'm still buying a Dart as soon as I have money :D
Both very good, just different approaches imo

JoeKickass,

bruno13

insomniac
How often do you clean your dart? After about 2g through my dart lv I noticed it not working as well as normal. I soaked in alcohol and boiled 20min. it works like new now. Also I notice the air holes in the dart tend to clog quickly and a lot oil tends to collect up inside that hole area. So how often do you need to clean yours?

bruno13,

2clicker

Observer
i havent even put 1g through mine yet. i really try to only use it on the go, but obviously with it being new ive been using it at home as well.

from my desired usage id say ill be cleaning monthly... or bi weekly at most.

2clicker,

OF

How often do you clean your dart? After about 2g through my dart lv I noticed it not working as well as normal. I soaked in alcohol and boiled 20min. it works like new now. Also I notice the air holes in the dart tend to clog quickly and a lot oil tends to collect up inside that hole area. So how often do you need to clean yours?

Like you I let it tell me. Some concentrates seem to do better than others. Two grams seems reasonable to me.

FWIW, while I was concerned about condensate and the vents at the top, I no longer am. If you check, nothing really goes past them (I assume it drains back if it does?) and generally only about half of them are open at any one time but that doesn't seem restrict it too much. In a fun sort of way it seals the top and keeps smell inside, yet the seal opens easily and stays open for the hit.

OF

OF,

OF

yeah unless your using the Dart upside down i dont see how any oil can get to the air holes.

The same way it gets up the walls and in the mouthpiece, vapor condenses there.

Think of it as the same as wand hash, only different.

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
i am only speaking from my experience. ive been keeping a close eye on it and im not getting any climbing or capillary action going on. havent used it long enough for condensed vapor to be an issue.

OF, im quite certain that the charger quoted here below will work, but can you comment on it?

Anyone know anything about this charger? it says its multi-voltage and for LiFePO cells. it should work for the 3.2V Tenergy LiFePO cells right?

http://www.madvapes.com/HG-1412-W-4-Cell-Li-Ion-Charger_p_3313.html

2clicker,

darkrom

Great Scott!
i am only speaking from my experience. ive been keeping a close eye on it and im not getting any climbing or capillary action going on. havent used it long enough for condensed vapor to be an issue.

OF, im quite certain that the charger quoted here below will work, but can you comment on it?

If that works they use the same batteries in the TV as the REV right? I really want to be able to charge more than 2 batts at once without running chargers all over the place.

darkrom,

OF

Keep using it and I'll kalg up like under the trench on MFLB. Not an issue, it's part of the design, the probe is there to drip it back into the pot.

That charger says it will do it, but I personally would give it a pass. Charging more than one cell in parallel is a problem sometimes which is why 'better units' have separate channels. It also has a couple of useless modes and can't do IMR series cells (the 'coming thing'). For a few bucks more you can get the WF-188, IMO a better idea.

As I see it, you're going to put a lot of dollars in batteries through that charger, this is not a good time to get too cheap?

OF

OF,

bruno13

insomniac

Keep using it and I'll kalg up like under the trench on MFLB. Not an issue, it's part of the design, the probe is there to drip it back into the pot.

OF

I get a lot of condensation up inside the air hole/dart area. It does not flow back down. The "probe" itself does however works as advertised. As a test, warm up the dart, take off the top part (the dart) and wipe it off. Then wrap a tissue around the air holes area and blow out through the mouthpeice, wipe off the oil and repeat. You will see how much oil is collecting up in there. Do all this after it is well used or you notice it starting to clog.

Edit: The air holes are drilled horizontally. If they were at an angle they might drain better.

bruno13,
Top Bottom