Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

JoeKickass

I'd like to know how these perform... IIRC, AW IMR's 18650 have a 10a "continuous discharge rating", where as those Panasonic ones have a 10a "max discharge rate". Could be the "new thing", or could be to good to be true... I don't know...

I tend to believe it when it comes from a big company like panasonic, they say the technology is a hybrid between li-ion and imr. So you get high current discharges and decent capacity too.

But imr are very safe and li-ion can be dangerous if over-discharged... I wonder how delicate they are?

JoeKickass,

Letrab

Deep Sea Lurking
One e-mail sent and in under 24hours I have confirmation that my replacement Revolution will be shipped to me free of charge.

As always top quality service!

Funny you say that. Two emails sent, 72 hours, no contact. What's your secret?

Letrab,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
ThermoVape Testimonial Round-up

At ThermoVape we are always interested in hearing how you feel about our products - We care so much that EVERYONE who submits a video or written testimonial about one of our Vaporizers will receive a one time use discount code to be used on their next order.

Rules:
  • We ask that written testimonials be a minimum of 400 words to receive a 15% off coupon
  • We ask that your videos are a minimum of 5 minutes, to receive a 25% off coupon
  • No illicit or illegal drugs may be shown or discussed in videos or written testimonials
  • For official entries, please submit all testimonials to info@thermovape.com with the title as “(Your First and Last Name)’s Testimonial”
We also have some other contests going now, the ThermoVape Video Review Contests and the ThermoVape Photo Contests

Cheers,

ThermoVape

SameOldTim,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Funny you say that. Two emails sent, 72 hours, no contact. What's your secret?

Hey Letrab, ThermoCoreTim just posted this over in the Evo thread...

Ohh, Btw we are working hard trying to get all the e-mails answered for the last few days. Its been very busy around these parts with all our new products. Sorry for the delay we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience

Cheers,

Tim

Peloton,
Reactions: Letrab

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
ThermoVape Testimonial Round-up

• No illicit or illegal drugs may be shown or discussed in videos or written testimonials
What about legal Medical Marijuana patients shown taking their medicine using your products?

Sinclue,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
What about legal Medical Marijuana patients shown taking their medicine using your products?

While each state may have its own laws we must abide by the federal laws regarding the subject.

SameOldTim,

Sinclue

While each state may have its own laws we must abide by the federal laws regarding the subject.

Understandable given the repressive climate these days.

Just thought that I remembered reading or hearing someplace that you designed your products for MM patients and even had them beta tested by MM patients. Must have been a different company what with all the vapes coming on the market these days.

In any case, keep up the good work.

Sinclue,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Understandable given the repressive climate these days.

Just thought that I remembered reading or hearing someplace that you designed your products for MM patients and even had them beta tested by MM patients. Must have been a different company what with all the vapes coming on the market these days.

In any case, keep up the good work.

Nope, that is us. We do support the community as much as we can. However, we have to take some consideration in our efforts t keep the credit card processing god's satisfied, as well as the insurance agency.

Bureaucracy aside. We are committed in our support of the community and developing products specifically for the community. Our support, testing, and continued work supporting the community directly and indirectly will continue. Full speed ahead.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

greenbean

I'd like to know how these perform... IIRC, AW IMR's 18650 have a 10a "continuous discharge rating", where as those Panasonic ones have a 10a "max discharge rate". Could be the "new thing", or could be to good to be true... I don't know...

First, I should state the minor caveat that when I say I get 3x greater battery life I'm comparing my new Panasonics to the life of my brother's 10 month old AW IMRs (about 150 cycles).

These two comments have charts for the CGR18650CH, the latter is a direct comparison with the 1600 mAh AW IMR:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/2581#comment-60662
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/2581?page=1#comment-65639

And this is a slightly insane person failure testing the two:

Synopsis: The (new) AW IMR outputs higher voltage during the 10A drain test but is bested by the (in service) Panny at lower current drains. The CGR18650CH reaches a temperature of around 185 F when shorted and the AW IMR reaches a temperature of ~235 F. Seems safer and has better performance where it matters.

I didn't link it but Mitro initially tested a 1+ year old AW IMR that fell flat on its face at higher currents. I wouldn't take too much from that but the charts don't look pretty.

greenbean,

NewSchoolExplorer

ill be making a video this thursday or friday but will our FIRST NAME LASTNAME'S TESTIMONIAL title be public because I would like to not have my name associated with the video as I want my MMJ use to remain private due to the industry I am affiliated with. Thanks for the opportunity. :D

NewSchoolExplorer,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
ill be making a video this thursday or friday but will our FIRST NAME LASTNAME'S TESTIMONIAL title be public because I would like to not have my name associated with the video as I want my MMJ use to remain private due to the industry I am affiliated with. Thanks for the opportunity. :D

The testimonial published will only be a first name (or your forum name if that's what you prefer), your information will only remain with us.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

Sinclue

Tim,

In the picture of your devices what are numbers 5,6, & 7 (numbering left to right)? I recognize the other configurations, but not those three.

Sinclue,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Tim,

In the picture of your devices what are numbers 5,6, & 7 (numbering left to right)? I recognize the other configurations, but not those three.

Those are our Apex UntraMax Reservoir e-cig kits.

Tim

SameOldTim,

Friar

A couple more weeks with my DART LV and I can say I'm definetely happy with the purchase. I picked up a 510 extension for my Ego-t batt and it keeps the switch cool to the touch. It seems like the Dart is functioning much better with the extension also. I kinda feel like the dart is the nail cart that everyone is waiting for from D9, only made in America. Could be wrong, time will tell. This thing is a beast though that's for sure. Gonna post a vid soon.

Friar,

JoeKickass

I picked up a 510 extension for my Ego-t batt and it keeps the switch cool to the touch. It seems like the Dart is functioning much better with the extension also.

I really feel a 510 extension should be standard kit with TV products. Both the revolution and the evolution.

I love the high quality metals (brass base means it holds lots of heat) but they also transfer heat a bit too well. When I use my revolution on my Apex Ultra I notice the top of the ultra heats up faster than the revolution body itself. I also find the Ultra turns into a red hot blob of magma when you try to use the evolution on it. It works, but only if you can endure the painful burn that comes with your hit.

In comes the 510 extension. I would prefer an adapter made specifically for temperature insulation, but failing that a large 510 extension makes a world of difference. Not only does it keep your hands below the pain threshhold, it helps the device perform better.

Since the revolution or evolution doesn't waste energy heating up the body, more of the energy goes directly into heating the part that is supposed to be hot. This means it will heat up faster and extend your battery life.

I really wish TV would come out with their own insulating adapter...

JoeKickass,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I really wish TV would come out with their own insulating adapter...

I agree with this idea too, I made my own extender using 2 adapters that fit together making a "510 extension" so I could try using the Evo-LV on my lil'chuck battery. It seems there should be some way to heat sink the top so the body doesn't take on so much of the heat. Have you tried contacting TV through email about this idea, those guys are pretty open to this kind of feedback. It would be great if they could come up with something that you can add on.

jambandphan03,

2clicker

Observer
I kinda feel like the dart is the nail cart that everyone is waiting for from D9, only made in America.

as of now i concur.

it rips. works amazing attached to glass.

its extremely functional, USA made, built to last, and is just plain fucking cool.

you can do giant dabs and get HUGE hits very easily, or just load small amounts and be efficient very easily. i love this thing and am looking to get an LV version also.

2clicker,

JoeKickass

as of now i concur.

it rips. works amazing attached to glass.

its extremely functional, USA made, built to last, and is just plain fucking cool.

you can do giant dabs and get HUGE hits very easily, or just load small amounts and be efficient very easily. i love this thing and am looking to get an LV version also.

How often do you have to clean yours? I've gone through less than a gram of oil and my ceramic is already black and coated with crap...

It's some 70-80% oil but it certainly could have stuff in it...

JoeKickass,

2clicker

Observer
How often do you have to clean yours? I've gone through less than a gram of oil and my ceramic is already black and coated with crap...

It's some 70-80% oil but it certainly could have stuff in it...

im right there with ya. less than a g through it. porous ceramic is pretty dirty, but it just keep ripping. im not too worried about it being dirty if it continues work this well. im going to keep running it until it clogs or stops hitting so well.

i have yet to clean it since using it. i did clean it before i ever fired it up however.

2clicker,

JoeKickass

the ceramic discolors almost instantly, it will remain stained even after cleaning. That is normal.
im right there with ya. less than a g through it. porous ceramic is pretty dirty, but it just keep ripping. im not too worried about it being dirty if it continues work this well.

I wouldn't be worried but mine has never really hit that well tbh. Not as thick as an omicron cart for sure and I'm pretty sure people consider the revolution to run a bit hotter...

Mine reads 1.6-1.7 ohm is this normal? By my math that puts mine around 8-9 watts not 10... But still, I find I just can't get anything more than a thin blue vapor even after heating for over a minute. I can add more oil but it just means I get slightly more thin blue vapor...

I hit very slowly, anything more than an imperceptible suction and all vapor vanishes...

Unfortunately I had similar performance when it was brand new, I thought I just hadn't added enough oil... but now that it is clearly at the end of a use cycle and is ready for cleaning I'm debating even cleaning it. Should I keep adding oil into something I will eventually just clean out of frustration?

JoeKickass,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I wouldn't be worried but mine has never really hit that well tbh. Not as thick as an omicron cart for sure and I'm pretty sure people consider the revolution to run a bit hotter...

Mine reads 1.6-1.7 ohm is this normal? By my math that puts mine around 8-9 watts not 10... But still, I find I just can't get anything more than a thin blue vapor even after heating for over a minute. I can add more oil but it just means I get slightly more thin blue vapor...

I hit very slowly, anything more than an imperceptible suction and all vapor vanishes...

Unfortunately I had similar performance when it was brand new, I thought I just hadn't added enough oil... but now that it is clearly at the end of a use cycle and is ready for cleaning I'm debating even cleaning it. Should I keep adding oil into something I will eventually just clean out of frustration?
i have a dart and come from omi territory and have no probs with either. am assuming u have the lv, which battery are you using again? i find a 5-10 sec prime helps a lot, like w/ the original omi carts. also omi carts kinda get to a certain temp and starts thinning out, the dart seems to just get thicker and thicker the longer i hold it. you might just be due for a cleaning. all very novice advice.

Bob Loblaw,

JoeKickass

i have a dart and come from omi territory and have no probs with either. am assuming u have the lv, which battery are you using again? i find a 5-10 sec prime helps a lot, like w/ the original omi carts. also omi carts kinda get to a certain temp and starts thinning out, the dart seems to just get thicker and thicker the longer i hold it. you might just be due for a cleaning. all very novice advice.

Do you find the thickness of vapor to be comparable or favor one or the other?

I'm using the lv revolution on an ultra body which has an aw imr so it's getting all the power it wants to take... I was just expecting it to perform like your theroy:

If you let it heat up, it will make more vapor.

Mine just kind of peters out and plateaus... but maybe a cleaning will help (I'll also try a 510 extension when I buy one). I just don't know what to feed it if oil is going to keep degrading the performance so quickly...

But for me right now disposable >> cleanable... even though that's wasteful en masse and I could very much use a cleanable system for heavy use...

JoeKickass,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Do you find the thickness of vapor to be comparable or favor one or the other?

I'm using the lv revolution on an ultra body which has an aw imr so it's getting all the power it wants to take... I was just expecting it to perform like your theroy:

If you let it heat up, it will make more vapor.

Mine just kind of peters out and plateaus... but maybe a cleaning will help (I'll also try a 510 extension when I buy one). I just don't know what to feed it if oil is going to keep degrading the performance so quickly...

But for me right now disposable >> cleanable... even though that's wasteful en masse and I could very much use a cleanable system for heavy use...
it's made for clean oil and mine is homemade and not always specially filtered, althought i have kept to using only light honey for these. also i have the dart which, iirc has less leaking. the rev supposedly leaks thru the window cutting down on good vapor. this may be the diff. i find the dart to hit very clean and smooth, but it never has a lot of oil heating and cooling, heating and cooling, like the omi and definitely can't take the quantity needed for serious excursions. also i hit darker oils in my omi, no sweat. that said, when hitting my dart hard it works great and gives good thickness. have used the lv on omi v2 ( the weakest of my lv batteries) and gotten great rips. better airflow(doesn't ever really clog) w/ thick vapor. it just can't carry the weight.

Bob Loblaw,

bruno13

insomniac

Have you tried weighting it. Mine only hits well when the lower part weighs under 4.75g. If I put too much in it bairly hits. Once it gets below 4.75 it starts hitting again. When clean it weighs 4.56g, after use about 4.67g when empty. So I get about .1 lost or coated in there somewhere. When it is between 4.67g and 4.75g mine works well. I also try to empty it out as much as possible before adding more.

Top Bottom