Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

So does the revolution really work best with high quality oils and waxes like the omicron/persei family or can it handle things like bubble hash, keif or bud without clogging the ceramic?

Is the question 'does it work better with better quality concentrates?'? Well, yes.....

It does work with bubble (fairly well), kif (not as well) but not really with bud (although I never really tried). If you can't melt it into the ceramic (like you can't with these guys) you're reduced to conduction on the surface only. So to do it I have to get the load warm and gooey (stir it with a toothpick between hits) and mash it down on the bottom again. You need to provide fresh material to the hot part, like you do with MFLB. If its all you can get, it will work. Since I can get better concentrates at the same dispensary for a few dollars more (still very cheap considering 400 hits...) I go that way and save the bubble and kif for the HA ('best bang for the buck' THC deal I can find) or the occasion when I want to play with the Revolution and bubble.

So far, it's been easy enough to clean up the ceramic with ISO, boiling and a burn in cycle a time or two.

OF

OF,

VAPORIZER22

How well does the rev handle full melts?

Depends on the quality of the "full melt". The less plant matter it has the better it will work. Most full melts I have come across are not true full melts. They will work, but how well they will work will depend on the quality.

VAPORIZER22,

2clicker

Observer
Actually I think Stu sorted it out. It came down to no real hardware issues, it was caught up in the randomness of the testing and natural distribution of performance in the learning curve part of the process. How'd you like that load? Bottom line is no real problem any more.

As to the wisdom of having a Rev LV cart on standby for use with your DA, makes sense to me and I've never even seen a DA....but I've worked with a few LVs (of various versions) and can recommend them highly for Omicron owners (with adapter of course). Given good concentrates and controlled carefully (like you would do for MFLB, and others, each with their own technique of course) I can get hits thicker than I have the courage to face. Literally. I'll cut off some of the more productive hits even though that's exactly what I started out looking for.....well maybe not quite that much. I've no illusions that there are a lot of guys that dab far more but I seriously question them being disappointed here. Not that you want to do that a lot (I don't at least) but it's a nice trick to have on standby.

OF

thanks OF. i did read further to see that Stu had it working. im pretty sure the problem im having with the one Omi cart is due to my oil and not the cart. however, i like the looks of the Rev better. and im especially excited about the unibody version.

ive read in this thread that some have loaded 1g into a Rev...? is that possible? how much can safely be loaded before any crazy leakage occurs?

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
I was reading the trouble people are have with the window leaking air in and been messy in general.
Never had much chance to play yet but do have a bad unit here which is going to be shipped back but though I'd make a photo star out of it first.
Was thinking about it and with the short experience I did have I think this is a good platform to start some playing. You will find I try to keep the method as cheap as possible. Just like me.
I'm calling this the Penthouse View Mod. Used a cheap ecig external tank from HERE.

Filed out the holes a bit to let the REV fit through in place of the supplied cart.
Cut the plastic tube length down a bit. And viola, a proto type just aching for testing.
The tank is air tight thus the window can be left open.
P1030600.jpg

Pipes, check out the tanks/tubes with rubber caps. could be easier to make work with Rev as you may not need to do any filing at all.

https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=510DCTT

i may have to try this when i get my Rev

2clicker,

OF

ive read in this thread that some have loaded 1g into a Rev...? is that possible? how much can safely be loaded before any crazy leakage occurs?

Yes, I recall that. Fellow is handy with his 'erl torch' as I recall as well. Tim at TV also posted he's experimented with loading more but not that much. I don't find leaks as such, none out the bottom, but it does plug up on me and get hard to pull on. And the puddle of melted concentrated above the ceramic makes it 'gurgle' on me when it does draw, neither of which I care for. It also slows down for a cold start hit since you have to heat all that much more mass up to temperature first (not like Omicron where the bulk is separate from the bit being vaporized) which makes me wait and burns up the battery faster (two more things I try to avoid). I continue to load 50 or a little more mg at a time. 5 drops of oil was the max load suggested to me by TV when I picked my Revolution up. That's what I use, 5 to start (when new or after cleaning), 3 to top up.

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
TV, im trying to purchase a Rev right now, but your CC payment does not seem to be working...?

ive used 2 dif cards, both of which have funds readily available and i keep getting this error:

"Error from gateway:
This transaction has been declined"

whats the deal?

2clicker,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
TV, im trying to purchase a Rev right now, but your CC payment does not seem to be working...?

ive used 2 dif cards, both of which have funds readily available and i keep getting this error:

"Error from gateway:
This transaction has been declined"

whats the deal?
I've hit that in the past Zclicker. Are you sure your billing address matches the cc info? I usually ship to a different address and the billing address and shipping address need be different. Just a thought.

Pipes,

2clicker

Observer
I've hit that in the past Zclicker. Are you sure your billing address matches the cc info? I usually ship to a different address and the billing address and shipping address need be different. Just a thought.

they need to be different...? my info was def correct.

i really dont feel comfortable shipping it anywhere but my place. i suppose i could have it shipped to a different address than my CC billing info, but i dont see why i should have to.

thanks for the heads up, but i think ill wait until i hear back from TV. i would really prefer to ship it to my place.

2clicker,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector

i really dont feel comfortable shipping it anywhere but my place. i suppose i could have it shipped to a different address than my CC billing info, but i dont see why i should have to.

thanks for the heads up, but i think ill wait until i hear back from TV. i would really prefer to ship it to my place.
The TV store is down for maintenance until monday

SF Giant,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker

No no, I mean if you were having it delivered somewhere other then your home.
But if the store is down, that;s it.

Cheers,

Pipes,

Dj Bass

tried to order the whole kit 2 days ago from the site too, 2clicker, got the exact same error with perfect card adresses verified and everything. I was so anctious I ended up getting it from puff it up. Still wanna get that pureflow, but they are the only ones who sell it, and the site is down :(

Dj Bass,

sneaky101

When I ordered mine, I was having issues with their website at checkout. I emailed them and before I knew it, they had called me and I placed my order over the phone. Really nice, got to ask questions and everything. Couldn't ask for better service.

On a side note, I think that metallic taste is starting to go away. I can still taste it every few hits, but it isn't as pronounced. I took my rev to a friends house last weekend and shared with three other people. Glad I opted for 4 extra batteries! Needless to sa, they all LOVED this thing. I had to load it several times, but everyone got nice and medicated and I think will be waiting for me to come back.

sneaky101,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
A site issue for sure. I also tried to order a T1 yesterday, same decline error. Crazy fast response to email on a SUNDAY confirmed. Customer service kudos!

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Yes, I recall that. Fellow is handy with his 'erl torch' as I recall as well. Tim at TV also posted he's experimented with loading more but not that much. I don't find leaks as such, none out the bottom, but it does plug up on me and get hard to pull on. And the puddle of melted concentrated above the ceramic makes it 'gurgle' on me when it does draw, neither of which I care for. It also slows down for a cold start hit since you have to heat all that much more mass up to temperature first (not like Omicron where the bulk is separate from the bit being vaporized) which makes me wait and burns up the battery faster (two more things I try to avoid). I continue to load 50 or a little more mg at a time. 5 drops of oil was the max load suggested to me by TV when I picked my Revolution up. That's what I use, 5 to start (when new or after cleaning), 3 to top up.

OF

This weekend i got a chance to use my Rev a bunch :science: and also got to use some "windowless/Top-loader" :ninja: prototypes. I experimented loading many different amounts from single dabs up to and beyond the limits. Ive found that the optimal mount is somewhere between 3-5 dabs, just enough to have both ceramics full but not so much that it cools off the coil.

A few times i would let the Rev get burned completely dry as it was being sampled by friends, so much where it wasn't really producing any vapor anymore. Immediately after putting in another 3-4 dabs it would produce the most intense vapor clouds! :whoa: I defiantly made some believers out of it. :borg:

As far as the "windowless" design, I think your all going to really like it! :rockon: I had it just thrown into my pocket most the time and never had anything stuck to it. Stay tuned! :popcorn:

Tim
:goat:

PS. I love messing with all these smileys! as you can tell :smug:

Friar

This weekend i got a chance to use my Rev a bunch :science: and also got to use some "windowless/Top-loader" :ninja: prototypes. I experimented loading many different amounts from single dabs up to and beyond the limits. Ive found that the optimal mount is somewhere between 3-5 dabs, just enough to have both ceramics full but not so much that it cools off the coil.

A few times i would let the Rev get burned completely dry as it was being sampled by friends, so much where it wasn't really producing any vapor anymore. Immediately after putting in another 3-4 dabs it would produce the most intense vapor clouds! :whoa: I defiantly made some believers out of it. :borg:

As far as the "windowless" design, I think your all going to really like it! :rockon: I had it just thrown into my pocket most the time and never had anything stuck to it. Stay tuned! :popcorn:

Tim

PS. I love messing with all these smileys! as you can tell :smug:

How soon until a windowless design is available? Will there be an LV model also? As far as using the AVA LR atty to vape concentrates as some have reported doing, what would be the life expectancy if doing this? Is the atty cleanable like the Rev? And when you say 3-5 dabs thats kinda subjective, are we talking like 100mg size? Gonna place an order but I want to be fully informed before doing so. I use mostly waxes and budders out of convenience so I'm looking for the best option. Any help is awesome.

Friar,

kertong

*please delete me*
I've been keeping an eye on the LV TV Rev, for use with the universal adapter on my omicron. I am *this* close to pulling the trigger and ordering one online, but I just don't want to be disappointed if the LV version performs noticeably differently from the full voltage TV Rev.

Excuse me if I missed any posts but I've gone over this thread and haven't read much information about the LV model of the TV Revolution.

does anyone have any first hand experience, or even better, a youtube video of the vapor clouds that the omi + LVTVR produces, as well as a shot of the inside of the chamber to see how cleanly the LV model burns off the oils/concentrates?

kertong,

OF

if anyone has any first hand experience, or even better, a youtube video of the vapor clouds that the omi + LVTVR produces, as well as a shot of the inside of the chamber to see how cleanly the LV model burns off the oils/concentrates?

Sorry, I don't do videos, see Vitolo......

I do have the original 6 Volt Revolution as well as several different prototype LV versions (I was one of the testers). IMO there's not a lot of difference between any of the prototypes (not sure which was finally used) ant the original. What was there is masked by variables in concentrate, load volume, residual heat and so one. Not to mention the skill and concentration of your humble tester. Any of them will set you back if you treat it right, not to worry.

I wouldn't worry about fouling, it's controlled by what you put in, not how it works.

OF

OF,
Reactions: kertong

kertong

*please delete me*
Thanks OF. if you say you didn't notice too much difference between the LV / 6V versions that couldn't be accounted for by variables in concentrate and technique.. well that does it! Going to order my LV TVRev now :D

kertong,

B.

War Criminal
ur gonna love it. the omi is like a nice easy hit off a joint or a one hitter, the rev is like a fucking monster bong rip that will shake ur brain.

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
How soon until a windowless design is available? Will there be an LV model also? As far as using the AVA LR atty to vape concentrates as some have reported doing, what would be the life expectancy if doing this? Is the atty cleanable like the Rev? And when you say 3-5 dabs thats kinda subjective, are we talking like 100mg size? Gonna place an order but I want to be fully informed before doing so. I use mostly waxes and budders out of convenience so I'm looking for the best option. Any help is awesome.

Friar,
The Top-Loader will be available in both LV and regular voltage, they are nearly identical other than the coil itself.

The Attys and the Revs have a different heating core to specifically designed to deal with the challenges of vaporizing the different fluids :goon: . While it may work at first we strongly suggest you use the Revolution when vaporizing concentrates to maintain a long core life.:tup:

I would estimate that my "dabs" are anywhere from 5 to 15mg:tinfoil: , but you can try more or less if you want to experiment. The amount you put in wont make the core fail so you can go ahead and try a few different amount to see what you like.

Hope that helps you make a decision.

I've been keeping an eye on the LV TV Rev, for use with the universal adapter on my omicron. I am *this* close to pulling the trigger and ordering one online, but I just don't want to be disappointed if the LV version performs noticeably differently from the full voltage TV Rev.

Excuse me if I missed any posts but I've gone over this thread and haven't read much information about the LV model of the TV Revolution.

does anyone have any first hand experience, or even better, a youtube video of the vapor clouds that the omi + LVTVR produces, as well as a shot of the inside of the chamber to see how cleanly the LV model burns off the oils/concentrates?

Kertong,
The LV's perform just as well as the regular 6volt Rev:cheers: . I have exclusively been using the LV and havnt noticed any decrease in performance at all. I almost would say that the LVs work even better:worms: than the regular one, but i need to pull mine out to compare:chill: .

Tim

SameOldTim,

2clicker

Observer
A site issue for sure. I also tried to order a T1 yesterday, same decline error. Crazy fast response to email on a SUNDAY confirmed. Customer service kudos!

i never got a call or an email until today saying that "it should be up later and your card should process... thank you"

would love if mine would have been confirmed... :shrug:

2clicker,

OF

Friar,

I would estimate that my "dabs" are anywhere from 50 to 150mg:tinfoil: , but you can try more or less if you want to experiment. The amount you put in wont make the core fail so you can go ahead and try a few different amount to see what you like.

Wow. We're talking a third or maybe half a gram at a shot? Doesn't that slow it way down from a cold start and make it 'gurggle' a lot? Adding more than .1 grams at a time is something I avoid for those reasons. Also, the only leak into the switch area I ever had was when I'd put a lot in.

If you really put in half a gram, I guess I should give it a try? Right now 'load small and often' is my rule.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom