Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

2clicker

Observer
Unibody Revolution in both Standard and LV Revolution are coming soon. I usually avoid announcing new products before we have them (mainly because I am inpatient and don't like waiting for something I want but is not amiable yet). The exception is when it is a direct request from the forum/medical community.

So once announced, it is an all push for full production. We had been running unibody Revolutions for months as we made a bunch for some patients with hand problems that made twisting the Revolution loading window open impractical. So we kno they work well. Now it is just cutting the production run, debarring, hand finishing, cleaning, electroless nickel plating, assembly, QC and testing, and getting the product on the website.

We are working on it as fast as we can, our turnaround is pretty fast. Measured in days, not weeks or months :D.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

sounds fantastic. thanks for the timely reply.

i may just get the current Rev now and the unibody Rev LV when they are available. ive got the itch.

2clicker,

mephisto

Hey CDS, I cleaned my rev top and lost the element somewhere on its way back to base....
I will set you up with some partial Rev. gear if/when I find the heater element. You can always
dress it as you like with the new unibody announcement... Thanks TV...

B.

War Criminal
Omicron cart on my rev battery setup with OF's adapter tip-Thanks!!

I like it, a very different experience than the rev. The omi cart is like sipping a beer, while the rev is like taking a shot or two. I actually had a pretty easy time filling the cart, I got a frosting tip, crimped the end a little so it fit right in the cart, applied heat, pow. done.

I see both having a place in my arsenal, thermorev and thermocron are both highly recommended.

OF-can you work your magic and estimate how many omicron rips the batteries should provide like you recently did with the rev? Thanks in advance.

OF

I like it, a very different experience than the rev. The omi cart is like sipping a beer, while the rev is like taking a shot or two.

I see both having a place in my arsenal, thermorev and thermocron are both highly recommended.

OF-can you work your magic and estimate how many omicron rips the batteries should provide like you recently did with the rev? Thanks in advance.

Absolutely. Lucky for us there's no real need to take one over the other, each has it's own uses. Having both at hand makes you the classic 'double threat man', never a bad position to play if you can.

Sorry, I got kinda lost here. You want to know how many rips on the TV 6 Volt battery using Omicron carts? Cool, what resistance and how long an on time do you want to use for each hit?

OF

OF,

B.

War Criminal
the cart is 4 ohm, lets call a hit ten seconds, but often times they're less.nothing wrong with a conservative estimate. Thanks!

B.,

OF

the cart is 4 ohm, lets call a hit ten seconds, but often times they're less.nothing wrong with a conservative estimate. Thanks!

OK, this one should be easy (he says, grabbing handy envelope and trusty pencil). Six Volts divided by four Ohms, 1.5 Amps. 1.5 Amps times a thousand, 1500 mA. 750 mAh (capacity of the battery) divided by 1500 mA (drawn by load) is .5 hours or 30 minutes of run time. At ten seconds a hit, we'll get six a minute times 30 minutes, 180 hits or so.

IIRC TV estimated 50 to 100 hits for the Revolution (?) which makes sense since while the power is more or less the same the hits are much longer in 'battery time'. This also fits in fairly well with what we'd expect from Omicron experience. There remember the voltage is lower, so the needed current is about 50% higher to compensate.

A lot of hits, I suspect you'll need two or three sets of charged batteries to vape a gram?

OF

OF,
Reactions: B.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ok, so I tried out my LV cart on my omicron today using the adapter. Something is wrong. Could be me, could be the Omicron, could be the adapter, or maybe something else altogether.

I'm getting very little vapor using it this way. At first I assumed that it needed some "fuel", so even though I could visibly see some product in the cart, I loaded a couple more bb-sized bits to top it off. Very wimpy and wispy hits ensued.

So I put the LV cart back on the DA pen (set to 3.7v) and it began working fine again. I tried the Omicron/adapter again and virtually nothing.... Back on the DA, works fine. :shrug:

Any ideas?? Anyone?

Stu,

OF

First thought is lame contact in the adapter (3rd party link???). Does the LV body get at least warm?

Does the Omicron work normally with an Omicron cart?

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The Omicron works fine with the Omi cart. Yes, the body gets warm, but I don't think it's getting warm enough.

The adapter was direct from TV.

Stu,

OF

The Omicron works fine with the Omi cart. Yes, the body gets warm, but I don't think it's getting warm enough.

The adapter was direct from TV.

Warm, but not hot.....I gotta think about that a bit.

OF

OF,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker

OF
Kinda sounds like the battery protection circuit kicking in on the LV but not the Omicron. Might be one of those odd mis-matches due to tolerances. If possible to actually measure the resistance I bet the LV resistance to be slightly lower then spec OR the battery protect slightly too sensitive or combination of both in the wrong directions. IMHO

Pipes,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Unibody Revolution in both Standard and LV Revolution are coming soon. I usually avoid announcing new products before we have them (mainly because I am inpatient and don't like waiting for something I want but is not amiable yet). The exception is when it is a direct request from the forum/medical community.

So once announced, it is an all push for full production. We had been running unibody Revolutions for months as we made a bunch for some patients with hand problems that made twisting the Revolution loading window open impractical. So we kno they work well. Now it is just cutting the production run, debarring, hand finishing, cleaning, electroless nickel plating, assembly, QC and testing, and getting the product on the website.

We are working on it as fast as we can, our turnaround is pretty fast. Measured in days, not weeks or months :D.

Cheers,

ThermoVape
TV, is the physical size of the Unibody REV going to be the same as the current atomizer?
And from my limited observations the REV looks like a very robust atomizer and if this is the case can they be used as for e-liquid via the RES set-up which loads via the bottom through the intake hole?

Asking as would be nice to use the same unit for mainly juice but run it dry for a lube session add the extender piece, effectively stopping the juice flow. Again once done run dry (maybe a quick clean) and back for ecig use.
Need a tester for this?
In my case the unit is mainly my ecig but when no one is watching (or even if they are) can switch over to a different tool.
:nod:

Pipes,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Update.

Both units are funcioning equaly after further testing. The difference in my initial tests can probably be attributed to the way the Rev sometimes gives inconsistent hits. I was swapping it like a mad man back and forth between the units to try and figure it out. Since my last post, the performance has decreased equally in both devices.

My guess is the BHO I'm using must not be the best. It seems to just melt away into the ceramic and magically disappear, while leaving loads hung up around the edge of the ceramic. I scrape/plop, and even loaded more and it's just not provided much vapor at all.

Interestingly enough, a similar thing happened when I got my Revolution. I used a shitty BHO, and it gave some nice hits when brand-spankin' new, but then quickly fell into a similar state that my LV is in now. I cleaned my Rev thoroughly with boiling and ISO and have only used super pure product in it ever since. It still works well to this day and I've yet to boil it since.

Could it be that shit BHO may work ok at first, but then somehow gum up the "system" to cause this type of failure?

:peace:

Stu,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

OF

mine gets hot but still no vapor from my kief. also note the fit of the adapter is not great. It doesn't thread all the way down into the omicron on mine.

STU:
Glad you figured it out.
does that BHO work in an omicron cart?

ru_frothi,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Update.

Both units are funcioning equaly after further testing. The difference in my initial tests can probably be attributed to the way the Rev sometimes gives inconsistent hits. I was swapping it like a mad man back and forth between the units to try and figure it out. Since my last post, the performance has decreased equally in both devices.

My guess is the BHO I'm using must not be the best. It seems to just melt away into the ceramic and magically disappear, while leaving loads hung up around the edge of the ceramic. I scrape/plop, and even loaded more and it's just not provided much vapor at all.

Interestingly enough, a similar thing happened when I got my Revolution. I used a shitty BHO, and it gave some nice hits when brand-spankin' new, but then quickly fell into a similar state that my LV is in now. I cleaned my Rev thoroughly with boiling and ISO and have only used super pure product in it ever since. It still works well to this day and I've yet to boil it since.

Could it be that shit BHO may work ok at first, but then somehow gum up the "system" to cause this type of failure?

This is axactly what happened to me. Used ISO oli and it too just magically dissapeared and gummed up. Did the cleaning and seemed to be coming back but then went tits up. Before it failed I had measured the resistance to be 5 ohms which is a little high. IMO the coil must have been weak at one of the connecting pints internally, thus failing and caused slightly higher then normal resistance. I was assuming this may have been why it just sucked the lube in without vaporizing it.
Now you have me a little concerned that some oils just might not work?
I have not read any problems like this and hope its isulated cases.
Anyone have any experience here?
:razz:

Pipes,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
mine gets hot but still no vapor from my kief. also note the fit of the adapter is not great. It doesn't thread all the way down into the omicron on mine.

STU:
Glad you figured it out.
does that BHO work in an omicron cart?

I just loaded the last of it into the LV, so we'll never know if it would've worked in the Omicron cart. I can say that this batch of BHO (Platinum Bubba) is not fresh. It's been in my fridge for the last 6 or 8 weeks. Could this degrade the quality of the product? I'm fairly new to BHO in general, so I don't know what the shelf life is in general. I can say that it was very nice fresh when I bought it, but I only dabbed it on a nail, so I don't know how it would've performed in a vaporizer. It all seems very strange to me, but I'm sure there is a logical explanation somewhere.

Stu,

OF

Update.

Both units are funcioning equaly after further testing. The difference in my initial tests can probably be attributed to the way the Rev sometimes gives inconsistent hits.

First off, glad your performance issue is sorted out.

I too have had this happen, in fact more than once. One time it also needed the '20 seconds on, 20 off, 20 times' drill before it pulled cleanly again. I tend to think that's exactly what's going on, some sort of contamination that doesn't vape cleanly away gums the works up. As a test, the last time it happened to me I heated a bit on foil and it left a deposit behind, unlike some of the other oils and waxes. I could be dead wrong, but based on that idea I too have fed over a gram of nice CO2 wax to one of mine without a single issue I can recall.

Kif is tough (I'm sure I said that lately?) but I've made it work. Harder than bubble. It takes a lot of heat (half a minute?) and some smashing down but vapor happened for me. I recall working it through the window while on for a while at first, perhaps that will help you?

Have you run other concentrates in it?

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
First off, glad your performance issue is sorted out.

I too have had this happen, in fact more than once. One time it also needed the '20 seconds on, 20 off, 20 times' drill before it pulled cleanly again. I tend to think that's exactly what's going on, some sort of contamination that doesn't vape cleanly away gums the works up. As a test, the last time it happened to me I heated a bit on foil and it left a deposit behind, unlike some of the other oils and waxes. I could be dead wrong, but based on that idea I too have fed over a gram of nice CO2 wax to one of mine without a single issue I can recall.

OF

OF, should I try that experiment? I can use a toothpick to get a little scraped out of the LV and cook it up methlab style.

I just looked inside and there is hardly any left, but there is some. The obvious question becomes "where did it go?". :shrug:

Stu,

OF

OF, should I try that experiment? I can use a toothpick to get a little scraped out of the LV and cook it up methlab style.

I just looked inside and there is hardly any left, but there is some. The obvious question becomes "where did it go?". :shrug:

If you can snag a bit, it might give you a useful clue. In my case it wasn't much, but I didn't use much. I figure I'd put a dozen or so drops in there, maybe more so there could be a lot of junk left behind even though it was pretty pure to start with.

I think if it all 'goes up in smoke' (evaporates off cleanly) we're Jake, but if not the concentration of junk goes up and up over time. Pretty soon the insides could end up looking like an old hot water heater with hard water deposits?

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Before...
2mea3dl.jpg

After...

2urxklh.jpg

What do you think?

Stu,

OF

Before...

After...

What do you think?

I think it looks like mine did, more or less. Mine didn't run much but left the same junk behind. I figure it's sort of like the scab on the Omicron element in that photo I posted? I figure it's that some sort of thing that plugged up the ceramic around the heater in my Revolution carts. I'm just glad catching it in time meant the ISO, ultrasonic sink, boiling and 'burn in' cycles together cleared it.

thanks OF!

You're very welcome, B. I'm not sure what I did, but am glad it helped you almost as much as I'm happy I don't have to clean it up....whatever it is this time.

Good vaping,

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
Ok, so I tried out my LV cart on my omicron today using the adapter. Something is wrong. Could be me, could be the Omicron, could be the adapter, or maybe something else altogether.

I'm getting very little vapor using it this way. At first I assumed that it needed some "fuel", so even though I could visibly see some product in the cart, I loaded a couple more bb-sized bits to top it off. Very wimpy and wispy hits ensued.

So I put the LV cart back on the DA pen (set to 3.7v) and it began working fine again. I tried the Omicron/adapter again and virtually nothing.... Back on the DA, works fine. :shrug:

Any ideas?? Anyone?

this makes me think that its the adapter. i say this because i have similar issues sometimes when adapting my Omi cart to my DA. then again this could be because of my dif oils viscosity aslo...

your post has sold me on getting a Rev LV to replace my Omi carts for my DA.

2clicker,

OF

this makes me think that its the adapter. i say this because i have similar issues sometimes when adapting my Omi cart to my DA. then again this could be because of my dif oils viscosity aslo...

your post has sold me on getting a Rev LV to replace my Omi carts for my DA.

Actually I think Stu sorted it out. It came down to no real hardware issues, it was caught up in the randomness of the testing and natural distribution of performance in the learning curve part of the process. How'd you like that load? Bottom line is no real problem any more.

As to the wisdom of having a Rev LV cart on standby for use with your DA, makes sense to me and I've never even seen a DA....but I've worked with a few LVs (of various versions) and can recommend them highly for Omicron owners (with adapter of course). Given good concentrates and controlled carefully (like you would do for MFLB, and others, each with their own technique of course) I can get hits thicker than I have the courage to face. Literally. I'll cut off some of the more productive hits even though that's exactly what I started out looking for.....well maybe not quite that much. I've no illusions that there are a lot of guys that dab far more but I seriously question them being disappointed here. Not that you want to do that a lot (I don't at least) but it's a nice trick to have on standby.

OF

JoeKickass

Actually I think Stu sorted it out. It came down to no real hardware issues, it was caught up in the randomness of the testing and natural distribution of performance in the learning curve part of the process. How'd you like that load? Bottom line is no real problem any more.

As to the wisdom of having a Rev LV cart on standby for use with your DA, makes sense to me and I've never even seen a DA....but I've worked with a few LVs (of various versions) and can recommend them highly for Omicron owners (with adapter of course). Given good concentrates and controlled carefully (like you would do for MFLB, and others, each with their own technique of course) I can get hits thicker than I have the courage to face. Literally. I'll cut off some of the more productive hits even though that's exactly what I started out looking for.....well maybe not quite that much. I've no illusions that there are a lot of guys that dab far more but I seriously question them being disappointed here. Not that you want to do that a lot (I don't at least) but it's a nice trick to have on standby.

OF

So does the revolution really work best with high quality oils and waxes like the omicron/persei family or can it handle things like bubble hash, keif or bud without clogging the ceramic?

JoeKickass,
Top Bottom