Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i have the persei, 4 ohm, 5 ohm, and the omi v2 with the 1.5 carts. i know the specifics on the rev and the omi and i would say that 1.5 ohm on an omi is gonna give you much better hits than the original. all other complaints from the first version in terms of vape production kinda go out the window. it does compare (almost) to a persei. the persei has longer battery life (and i'm guessing cart life, but we will see) i don't have a rev (need to take a month off purchases) but in terms of delivery i'd guesstimate that 1 hit of the rev. equals to about 3 or 4 hits off the new delta9 configs. maybe 5-6. storage however is .05 grams vs. a gram per load (if i understand correctly). personally i didn't get the rev for that reason. if i want 6-7 dabs, i'll just take them off a rig. if i want long term portable..... this is all imho, of course. feel free to correct or disagree

sneaky101

Thanks OF about not boiling the switch...I didn't think you should, but it just looks like a grommet, spring, and the rest just metal. Doesn't look like anything except a contact switch for the batteries, so nothing to mess up. But better safe than sorry. Thx again!

sneaky101,

OF

Thanks OF about not boiling the switch...I didn't think you should, but it just looks like a grommet, spring, and the rest just metal. Doesn't look like anything except a contact switch for the batteries, so nothing to mess up. But better safe than sorry. Thx again!

Actually, if you check closely it's two metal contacts, the spring is between them. Each makes contact with some other part (upper one to the core, lower to the top of the battery pack) but the magic switching is done inside the assembly. Nickle over brass contacts which are usually 'self cleaning' with high voltages, but at low voltages (little sparking to burn stuff clear) they have issues some times. Check switch ratings, it's typical to have many times the rating at 120 VAC than 12 VDC for this reason. Surface contamination can cause resistance which brings local heat with current draw which can bring grief. Best plan is to keep it clean and that means not washing stuff into it. Knowing what I do about switches, I'd keep it with the batteries.....safe and dry.

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Fuck. I soaked and boiled mine. It's working ok so far, but will I be soon-to-be screwed?

Just make sure it is good and dry, and it should be fine. Let us now if you have any problems.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

NewSchoolExplorer

i have the persei, 4 ohm, 5 ohm, and the omi v2 with the 1.5 carts. i know the specifics on the rev and the omi and i would say that 1.5 ohm on an omi is gonna give you much better hits than the original. all other complaints from the first version in terms of vape production kinda go out the window. it does compare (almost) to a persei. the persei has longer battery life (and i'm guessing cart life, but we will see) i don't have a rev (need to take a month off purchases) but in terms of delivery i'd guesstimate that 1 hit of the rev. equals to about 3 or 4 hits off the new delta9 configs. maybe 5-6. storage however is .05 grams vs. a gram per load (if i understand correctly). personally i didn't get the rev for that reason. if i want 6-7 dabs, i'll just take them off a rig. if i want long term portable..... this is all imho, of course. feel free to correct or disagree

Thanks everyone for the wealth of information, I am probably going to buy some omi carts down the road as I have not even received my Rev and thinking about other purchases lol. I might be going with 4 ohm carts along with the rev. I like how you compared them Bob (& OF), I like the idea of having a bigger load with smaller hits so i do not go through the oils so fast with the option of quick hits on the go. At home I have both a swing & nail oil rigs.

Peace n Pot everyone

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
Just make sure it is good and dry, and it should be fine. Let us now if you have any problems.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Hey TV would you mind taking a look @ my question as well? I'll quote my post below, so you don't have to dig for it.

To ThermoVape: How likely is it that we'll ever see a heating core without the side window? It seems most people top-load, and find the window a sticky lint-attracting annoyance. I know it's my only complaint to this great device, and that if a windowless version were made available I would purchase one without hesitation and save my current one as a backup.

QuantumTimeSpace,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey TV would you mind taking a look @ my question as well? I'll quote my post below, so you don't have to dig for it.

Yes, we will make it. Imagine a Revolution without the top section, it would work best with the Pure-Flow Filter to cool it down and restrict the flow so the concentrates doesn't get pulled away from the element before it melts into the ceramic reservoir.

Should be pretty sweet. We will get on it.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
Yes, we will make it. Imagine a Revolution without the top section, it would work best with the Pure-Flow Filter to cool it down and restrict the flow so the concentrates doesn't get pulled away from the element before it melts into the ceramic reservoir.

Should be pretty sweet. We will get on it.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Excellent, I look forward to seeing the new version materialize.

QuantumTimeSpace,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Got the Pure-Flow and Glass adapter and so far, awesome.

The Pure-Flow fit is firm because of the o-ring but the base of the metal is looser fitting so it does rock a little if played with. You can hear the ceramic piece move a around a little if shaken. Hit without water in it on a fresh load and the vapor is definitely cooler, made it a little harder for me to feel how fast to draw, has a bit of a sweet spot because of the throttling that it does. Put a few drops of water into the ceramic (from the top it looks similar to how the inside of the REV looks) drew in and had a gurgling sound so I blew out and got any pooling excess out. Hits cool and smooooooth with the water, next step is to try flavorings :brow:.

Glass adapter is a nice solid piece of plastic. Fits well on my bubbler and even though I didn't get to use it on it, a test fit on my friends bong is nice too (though he needs to really clean it cause it got almost to firm a hold). They forgot to send me the extra mouth piece and tubing so I cant try out that to compare to my silicone whip yet (this more relates to the revolution tho).

Just like the base unit itself these new adapter have their own way of making you want to use them right and you'll know when you do cause the payoff is pretty nice. Nice for the price? Maybe, depends on your options. If you have glass then I think just the glass adapter would be all you need for home but you might still want the Pure-Flow when out and about so they have their own uses. These again are both really well built pieces of equipment as we expect from a company that makes their products in-house. I feel like I will own this set for the rest of my life, be able to pass it on down the line in my will lol.

The Adapters work pretty much the same on either the TV1 or REV so I just copied what I wrote in the TV1 thread above. Also works well on the Omicron, fits it and the REV the tightest because of all the oil build up.

BudBuddy,

boco420

Hey Thermovape,
Just received my Rev. in the mail today and was super stoked right away. It hit smoothly and worked like a charm, at first. Then for some reason the heating core stopped getting hot and would not turn red or even appear to be heating up at all. I have tried both sets of batteries with them both being fully charged and it does not produce any sort of vapor. I am just wondering if there is something wrong I am doing or if its some sort of malfunction.
Thanks

boco420,

B.

War Criminal
Just ordered the adapter and 4ohm omi carts...thanks to OF and all for the info. Now to get some flowers for a fresh bho run :)

B.,

NewSchoolExplorer

Just received my TV Revolution and I love it.
First few hits were terrible with a definite metallic taste to it but eventually it subsided and the flavors of my oil really started to come out. Thanks for the great product :D Also I am using a leather eye glasses case that contains my TV T1 & Rev + 2 extra batteries along with 2 installed, its a great small portable solution to taking the entire kit.

Side Note: Is it common for everyone that their oil comes out when twisting the loading chamber? How do I avoid or minimize it? Currently I use a cotton ball with a little bit of IPA to wipe it clean when I am take a little break haha, I do this while its slightly warm so the oil gets off quickly and the little alcohol left behind evaporates quicker but I am looking for a better solution.

NewSchoolExplorer,

sneaky101

Hey Thermovape,
Just received my Rev. in the mail today and was super stoked right away. It hit smoothly and worked like a charm, at first. Then for some reason the heating core stopped getting hot and would not turn red or even appear to be heating up at all. I have tried both sets of batteries with them both being fully charged and it does not produce any sort of vapor. I am just wondering if there is something wrong I am doing or if its some sort of malfunction.
Thanks

Hi boco, not sure as to what you are using, but when I started using solids, mine did the same thing. After I cleaned it per TV's instructions, it came crack on line and working well now. Before I cleaned it, I thought it messed up when I stuck the hash in there. I have 8 batteries myself, and after using 6 with no heat and no vapor, I thought I was screwed. Good luck with it.

TV...after cleaning the Rev, that metallic taste is still there...not quite as bad, but not gone yet. I will use it for another week before cleaning again and hope that a second cleaning will get rid of that taste. I soaked in IPAD for 20 minutes and boiled it for 20 minutes as well. And after the boiling was done I dried it by blowing air through the chamber and then using batteries to boil off the water that remained. After holding the switch in, about the end of the 2nd set of batteries, I could see the ceramic glowing again. Got about 3/4 of it to glow orange before I stopped and loaded it again. Thx TV for the help, now if that metallic taste will go away....

Just received my TV Revolution and I love it.
First few hits were terrible with a definite metallic taste to it but eventually it subsided and the flavors of my oil really started to come out. Thanks for the great product :D Also I am using a leather eye glasses case that contains my TV T1 & Rev + 2 extra batteries along with 2 installed, its a great small portable solution to taking the entire kit.

Side Note: Is it common for everyone that their oil comes out when twisting the loading chamber? How do I avoid or minimize it? Currently I use a cotton ball with a little bit of IPA to wipe it clean when I am take a little break haha, I do this while its slightly warm so the oil gets off quickly and the little alcohol left behind evaporates quicker but I am looking for a better solution.

I had to find me a case too NewSchool. I was looking for something that would contain the unit without getting oil everywhere. I was wanting something it could sit in without gunning up anything in the car. I was wanting one of those plastic tubes with the end caps on them that are used to put screws or nails in from the depot. But they were too short and too fat for my needs. I found exactly what I was looking for online, but didn't need 500 tubes, so when I was at hobby lobby, I found the Bill Of Rights rolled up in a tube so I bought it. Once the tube was cut down to size, it fit the rev perfectly. Now, this isn't something I stick in my pocket (although it would most definetly impress the ladies), but is nice to use when traveling just to keep things from getting sticky.

sneaky101,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
After falling in love with the T1 I figured it was only a matter of time before I went on and bought the Revolution. For my own personal use I like the idea of heavy hits and semi frequent loading; the interaction with my session is something I have come to appreciate. That being said, when I am on the road or out for a night, it may be more beneficial to have a 'sipping style' hit available.

I'll be honest, I have ZERO understanding of these OHM/Volt ratings being thrown around lately (vaporizing is getting increasingly more complicated in some ways:shrug: ). From some of the posts above I get the impression that it is possible to achieve these 'sipping style' hits with my Revolution by using an Omicron cart. HOW? Can someone just post the links for all necessary adapters / setup to make this work. Pictures would be VERY appreciated:bowdown:

Currently I have the T1 with my Revolution conversion kit in the mail. What else would I need to purchase? Also, would these carts still work with ISO?

THANKS

ioright,

sneaky101

Hey ioright, from my understanding...higher volts, lower ohms = thicker/bigger hits. That is why they are saying the 4 ohms are for beginners I think

sneaky101,

B.

War Criminal
I think it's more that carts burn out, and if you start with the lower ohms(higher heat) you will kill your carts faster. Bigger hits is no issue, the rev delivers wayyyy bigger hits that the omi carts do, so if you already have a rev you can handle big hits( if you can't load really small dabs :) )

B.,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
I don't think size of hits will be a problem for me. Same thing for breath control (having mastered a MFLB I feel I can take on anything). What I don't understand is where these carts fit or how to utilize them with my Revolution.

ioright,

OF

For my own personal use I like the idea of heavy hits and semi frequent loading; the interaction with my session is something I have come to appreciate. That being said, when I am on the road or out for a night, it may be more beneficial to have a 'sipping style' hit available.

Can someone just post the links for all necessary adapters / setup to make this work.

Currently I have the T1 with my Revolution conversion kit in the mail. What else would I need to purchase? Also, would these carts still work with ISO?

THANKS

I'll have a lash. First off, order the 510 to 601 (be sure you select that version....) from:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/510tom6ad.html

I have several of these, they all fit TV 510 bodies (Revolution) and take Omicron carts well on the other end. Fast shipping from them, BTW.

Then get some 4 ohm carts from D9V or PV. These are 'the correct size' for six volts like the Revolution is. Filling them requires either the fill adapter from either of those sources (kind of a fancy machined funnel) or (my favorite) is to use the number 10 cake decorating tip (a buck at the local Michael's store), an inch or so long funnel shape, and a round toothpick to plug the delivery tube in the center for loading. In either case, you need to put your concentrate in the top and carefully heat the cart top and loading funnel with a lighter on the outside to melt it down. Instructions are on both those sites I think (for sure on PVs), videos on UTube.

But that's what to buy (except concentrate of course). On the subject of that, I'd steer clear of ISO oils. Some guys seem to get OK service from them, but I think they foul the heater too quickly. Save 'em for Revolution where you can clean the sludge out again, once it goes into the Omicron cart its going to get burning on the heater or jam the works trying. Go with the higher end stuff, and the lighter the better it seems. Then again a gram of the good stuff is several hundred hits.....

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Thermovape,
Thanks

Shoot us an email at info@thermovape.com. We can either get on the phone and trouble shoot the problem, to get a replacement right out to you. Make sure to include your order number please.

Thank you, cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,
I'll have a lash. First off, order the 510 to 601 (be sure you select that version....) from:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/510tom6ad.html

I have several of these, they all fit TV 510 bodies (Revolution) and take Omicron carts well on the other end. Fast shipping from them, BTW.

Then get some 4 ohm carts from D9V or PV. These are 'the correct size' for six volts like the Revolution is. Filling them requires either the fill adapter from either of those sources (kind of a fancy machined funnel) or (my favorite) is to use the number 10 cake decorating tip (a buck at the local Michael's store), an inch or so long funnel shape, and a round toothpick to plug the delivery tube in the center for loading. In either case, you need to put your concentrate in the top and carefully heat the cart top and loading funnel with a lighter on the outside to melt it down. Instructions are on both those sites I think (for sure on PVs), videos on UTube.

But that's what to buy (except concentrate of course). On the subject of that, I'd steer clear of ISO oils. Some guys seem to get OK service from them, but I think they foul the heater too quickly. Save 'em for Revolution where you can clean the sludge out again, once it goes into the Omicron cart its going to get burning on the heater or jam the works trying. Go with the higher end stuff, and the lighter the better it seems. Then again a gram of the good stuff is several hundred hits.....

OF

Hey OF Do you have a link for 3.7v batteries that you recommend?

mflb_hustler,

NewSchoolExplorer

Use the same batteries that come stock giving you 6v which you need to match with the cart ohms, 4ohm for 6v.

You can insert different batteries for different volt but suggest you stay with the stock Tenergy PO4 LiFe and get a 4 ohm cart and funnel.

Btw thanks OF for continuously informing the uninformed. :D Also for some weird reason I see you posts in almost every single thread I am following, makes me wonders how much of your day you spend on the forums lol but non the less I would like to thank you.

NewSchoolExplorer,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
OHHHH I think I am starting to get it. Basically what is being suggested is to use the Omicron top on the T1 bottom. I thought that the carts were somehow being put inside the Revolution adapter:doh:. I ordered one cartridge and the fill tool from Planet Vape, as well as the adapter posted. Thanks for the help OF!

All I have access to is ISO at the moment. That being said, with the weather here heating up I could always try my hand at BHO (although I am bound to have a hundred more stupid questions).

I feel like I will use the Omicron cart when I am on the road and busy, the little sips can maintain my comfort level. When I am at home and want to fade away I can take bug rips with the Revolution top. Sounds about right?

ioright,
Top Bottom