Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
SF Giant said:
sessnet said:
That might be because it's not fully dried yet - I had the same(?) experience.

Did you wash (boil) it recently?
Yeah I boiled/soaked it last week, but i also dried it at 150 in the oven for like 30 minutes, didn't hear any crackling or anything when i fired it up so i figured i was good?
SFG,
I had the same problem a while ago. I assume that some shitty "full melt" was fouling up my ceramic and the amber glass that I loaded in on top of it just made it worse and turned the Revolution into a useless paperweight. After an ISO/Boil/ISO/Boil/toaster dry cleaning, it is working again like new. I'm now very careful to not overload the chamber.

Good luck!

:peace:

Stu,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
jambandphan03 said:
have you tried the 20/20 dry burn yet?
20 seconds on, 20 seconds off for about 20 mins. I did that with mine, it cleared up a bunch of stuff. Also might want to try putting the threaded end into your mouth and blowing once you have burned out some of the stuff... make sure it is not hot when you try that.

I may have said for 20 min before but the correct method is to do it for 20 cycles.

SameOldTim,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I was doing some searching on battery safety, and ran across this page in the ECF forum...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html
The part that stood out to me was this:
High-quality Li-FePo4 can also be used - BUT DO NOT USE LOW-QUALITY CELLS SUCH AS TENERGY - these have a very low C rating of typically 1C. A 'real' Li-FePo4 cell has a rating of 5C to 10C.

So it made me wonder if we should be concerned with them considering Tenergy to be a low quality battery. My main concern is safety, since we are stacking batteries to get 6v.

jambandphan03,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
jambandphan03 said:
So I was doing some searching on battery safety, and ran across this page in the ECF forum...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html
The part that stood out to me was this:
High-quality Li-FePo4 can also be used - BUT DO NOT USE LOW-QUALITY CELLS SUCH AS TENERGY - these have a very low C rating of typically 1C. A 'real' Li-FePo4 cell has a rating of 5C to 10C.

So it made me wonder if we should be concerned with them considering Tenergy to be a low quality battery. My main concern is safety, since we are stacking batteries to get 6v.

There are a lot of mixed stories regarding this. There is another company that puts out the same type of battery and is supposed to be better, but when people get them they report that the output is unnoticeable so who knows. TV? Tim?

BudBuddy,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
still using mine without the o-ring, hits like a champ, no more switch issues.

Xchadb,

aero18

vaporist
Stu said:
SF Giant said:
sessnet said:
That might be because it's not fully dried yet - I had the same(?) experience.

Did you wash (boil) it recently?
Yeah I boiled/soaked it last week, but i also dried it at 150 in the oven for like 30 minutes, didn't hear any crackling or anything when i fired it up so i figured i was good?
SFG,
I had the same problem a while ago. I assume that some shitty "full melt" was fouling up my ceramic and the amber glass that I loaded in on top of it just made it worse and turned the Revolution into a useless paperweight. After an ISO/Boil/ISO/Boil/toaster dry cleaning, it is working again like new. I'm now very careful to not overload the chamber.

Good luck!

:peace:

I have a feeling my Rev is getting to that point. All I have now is shitty oil, and it keeps clogging up the ceramic to the point where it no longer produces vapor. I don't like cleaning it after every use, so I will just use my nail until I get better oil. :/

aero18,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I made a small round of bubble hash that I barely agitated the material to get as pure of an extract as possible early today, and just took a sample of the cleanest looking layer, still very sticky and not fully dry, stuck it in the Rev, and gave it a warm up to see how it melts. It started melting down, so I capped it. 3 rips and I am putting it down... fresh bubble that very sticky and melty, works well in a clean rev...not too much now.

** I have been putting a section of clear tube on my mouth piece and have figured out that it helps develop your draw when you can see the vapor coming up the tube. I can now get clouds of vapor where I was not getting them before. Good learning tool.

using *another brand device, but here is a video with a tube... longer than what I use now, I was just goofing around... :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFKpIPoYp7M&feature=youtu.be

jambandphan03,
So, I found a muuuuuuuuuuch better way to use this and avoid ALL BURNING.

When you load it, separate the top half, pull it all the way out, don't use the loading window. With a toothpick, just load a piece of glass and hold down the button... steer it until the whole thing melts down into the core. Then take a pipe cleaner and clean out the chamber nice. THEN, put the top half back on with mouthpiece, and hit away! Clean, no bullshit, no tapping it to get it to melt, done deal.

OH and get this!

It was tasting like ass again before I discovered this trick, and I found a quick clean technique!!

REAL CO2 oil (as in that fucking nasty toxic assed orange viscous oil - I say toxic from experience not knowledge, this shit is too strong and I DONT like how it feels). I have small jar of it that a friend gave me (from the 40k machine) and just use it for those 1am moments where you think you want to be higher but don't want to waste...

Anyway, I put a couple drops in and it just washed down the leftover burned residue and then vaped right out with its bizzare assed unnatural honey flavor. Now its hitting like it was clean. Cool!! Wonder if something like tetra labs oil would do the same...

What about another oil like lavendar or orange oil Thermo??? If oils can be used for a quick cleaning, why not?
mod note: Please edit to add. We don't like back to back posts.

Zorro420shouldbefree,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
26 days in, 3 grams of wax and haven't cleaned it at all, hitting like a champ still. Using an extra mouthpiece TV sent and it fits just fine as a mouthpiece on the whip.

Delivery guy came by yesterday and gave me demo of an Omicron with wax loaded and it was pretty nice vapor production, time restraint kills it for me though (can't wait to try an Omicron cart on the Rev with the RX adapter). He really wanted to try out my Rev with some Pure Gold, so I let him load a few drops in and he was definitely impressed. He was comparing it to a skillet given how much vapor we got. :ko:

BudBuddy,

Darb

BudBuddy said:
26 days in, 3 grams of wax and haven't cleaned it at all, hitting like a champ still. Using an extra mouthpiece TV sent and it fits just fine as a mouthpiece on the whip.

Delivery guy came by yesterday and gave me demo of an Omicron with wax loaded and it was pretty nice vapor production, time restraint kills it for me though (can't wait to try an Omicron cart on the Rev with the RX adapter). He really wanted to try out my Rev with some Pure Gold, so I let him load a few drops in and he was definitely impressed. He was comparing it to a skillet given how much vapor we got. :ko:

I must be still learning cause I find the omicron hits harder.
It's my first day with it. I assume there is just a learning curve as with any vape.
How much you loading in at once?

Darb,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
I've heard that the Omicron hits harder too but with the auto shut off I probably wasn't hitting it right, either way I will be trying them on my rev eventually.

He had it preloaded with something already as it was his daily user/ demo unit. Even the clouds he got were not as big as the ones he got with the Pure Gold in my Rev. It's always about the technique but I'm positive I will love the omicron carts once I am able to fully control it with no restraints.

BudBuddy,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Anyone use this thing with some ABV QWISO by any long shot lol? How did it go?

Took all my ABV recently (I don't do edibles, NO exceptions anymore) and the only good thing to do with it was QWISO. Still need to evap some more but this is my only source for concentrates...qwiso. Is it worth getting the revolution in a non medical state if all I'd be able to use it with is pressed keif or QWISO?

OF

Darb said:
I must be still learning cause I find the omicron hits harder.
It's my first day with it. I assume there is just a learning curve as with any vape.
How much you loading in at once?

For sure there's a lot to sort out to get the hits you want. It's really pretty flexible.

I suggest loading small and often. Try 50mg (1/20 gram) at a time or so (paper match head size). Melt it into the floor well before going for it. It takes some time to build heat in the core, pull slow and keep the power on. Under these conditions I expect 5 or 6 heavy hits before reloading. Those hits are roughly ten times the oil as a typical Omicron hit using the exact same 70% Sour Diesel oil, at least as I'm using them.

Don't overload the core, TV said '4, 5 drops tops'. With some in there, I think the magic number is less even. It's a small core, the whole thing is going to heat, you only need to heat a few dozen mg of oil to make a hit. Heating a couple hundred mg over and over and over again isn't smart IMO. It's not set up like Omicron inside.

OF

OF,

mephisto

Hey Dark, the abv qwiso works well in the Rev. It is the only extract that I will use.
This seems to be a good way to use it.....I don't do the BHO route anymore.

mephisto,
Reactions: iksworbeZ

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I used regular qwiso in mine with no problems other than needing a clean up once in a while, there is a bit more plant material in the qwiso so it leaves more residue.

I made a small batch of BHO to try out in the Omi and Rev and I also think I will stick to qwiso. I purged my BHO pretty well, vac and heat. I still get a slight headache and that chemical feel when I use it, though the taste is awesome. I wish we could find a happy medium. The water hashes don't melt very good, and the BHO has toxins, Iso is the middle ground, but I still wonder about it having something left over. I have been turning kief into qwiso so I can play with my toys.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: iksworbeZ

ReapsTwo

ReapsTwo said:
ThermoVape Just released a $175 kit to turn the revolution into a T1.

I like the look without the delrin top. This thing will keep with the sleekness of the Revolution.

DSC_0098.jpg

[Source]

Thought I'd quote myself here as well since this is relevant to both models.

ReapsTwo,

ReapsTwo

I was thinking the same.

Factor out the $80 for the heating core and thats still ~$90 for the top cap itself.

ReapsTwo,

PB88123

Vaporist
ReapsTwo said:
I was thinking the same.

Factor out the $80 for the heating core and thats still ~$90 for the top cap itself.

If you buy the T1 and then the Rev adapter it is $295. Buy the Rev package for $120 and then the T1 for $175 both come out to $295. So it seems expensive but works out the same.

PB88123,

OF

ReapsTwo said:
I was thinking the same.

Not to forget the Delrin sleeves, the two piece body that holds that heat core and the switch on the bottom of it all.

While I think Revolution is OK without the covers, T1 runs much hotter (twice the power) and really needs them.

As another poster said, their stated intent was that this should be a push. They wanted to 'protect' early adopters.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was just thinking the same thing, wondering how hot the Rev body would get with that T1 adapter and no sleeve.

jambandphan03,

OF

jambandphan03 said:
I was just thinking the same thing, wondering how hot the Rev body would get with that T1 adapter and no sleeve.

I tried it, actually. It was OK for a while, but it got awkward to hold onto and it stayed hot for a LONG time. I can't recommend it. OTOH, the sleeve is kind of nice on the Revolution sometimes.

No matter, I'm sure the kit includes the lower sleeve. It wouldn't be complete without it.

Not to worry.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Early adopters get protected enough with this vape by getting a quality product that has so far tuned out quite nice lol.

I'll wait until it goes on sale most likely. I can't really justify that just because of the non-medical state. If I was in a medical state with ready made concentrates, there would be no question in my mind that I'd have the rev adapter on rush delivery.

darkrom,
Top Bottom