Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
has anyone hotboxed thier car yet with this thing? i mean come on who has ever done that? just straight hotbox from BHO only :D interesting story, hotboxed my car...otherwise a mad revolution session, then i pounded a chocolate milk (high in fat) then after about 30-45 mins of being high, it hit me, like i ate an edible...but my mouth and gum lining and under my tounge felt all tingley...similar to when you eat hash candy. Super duper high, almost "too high" my tolerance is pretty high and i usually never reach that, especially at fuckn work lol. So what was it? the wax i vaped and its stuck to my teeth and inside of my mouth and the milk and fat absorbed it all up and then i digested it giving me a crazy high?

Xchadb,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
That sounded like a crazy time X. The milk thing sounds plausible, time to make some whole milk hot chocolate and try this out. :brow:

BudBuddy,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Xchadb said:
has anyone hotboxed thier car yet with this thing? i mean come on who has ever done that? just straight hotbox from BHO only :D interesting story, hotboxed my car...otherwise a mad revolution session, then i pounded a chocolate milk (high in fat) then after about 30-45 mins of being high, it hit me, like i ate an edible...but my mouth and gum lining and under my tounge felt all tingley...similar to when you eat hash candy. Super duper high, almost "too high" my tolerance is pretty high and i usually never reach that, especially at fuckn work lol. So what was it? the wax i vaped and its stuck to my teeth and inside of my mouth and the milk and fat absorbed it all up and then i digested it giving me a crazy high?

I'm pretty sure you are just overthinking a very strong hash high :lol:

darkrom,

hatfieldsmama

How well does this guy work in comparison to omicron/persei? i have the omicron and its hits arent the size im looking for.

hatfieldsmama,

Darb

ThermoVape said:
Thank you for the feedback Zorro! On the conservancy: stay tuned. We are beta testing our high yield/low consumption versions as we speak.

Less than month, more than a week.

Cheers!

The ThermoVape Team

Any news on this?

Darb,

OF

hatfieldsmama said:
How well does this guy work in comparison to omicron/persei? i have the omicron and its hits arent the size im looking for.

I've never tried a Persei, but I have both Omicron and Revolution and my experience is strong hits on Revolution are several times Omicron. The former giving about 10mg, the latter 2 or maybe 3mg. Revolution also has the advantage of no time out so you can get more with longer hits.

By the numbers Persei looks like it's about on par with Revolution at top voltage (about 14 Watts), a little less on six volts (about 12 Watts) against Omicron's six and Revolution's 15. Omicron (and therefore I assume Persei) uses some fraction of their power (half in the case of Omicron) to melt the bulk so they're actually using even less power in the vaporizer section (which is probably why Revolution does more than twice the capacity?).

However, Persei also has the option of a second cartridge in parallel which should put it at something closer to twice the output of Revolution. Cloud heads are likely to be happiest that way? For sure it avoids, '....I shoulda got the Persei instead....'.

HTH?

OF

OF,

ctweips

Finally made some qwiso for day three of having the Rev. Completely different than dry. Couldn't be happier! :D

ctweips,

sneaky101

Well, I just joined the Revolution. Just ordered my unit...and it is going to take 5-10 business days. Gonna be a long wait, but it gives me time to make more honey. So how much honey oil do you guys go through in a week in this thing? Can't remember if that was asked or not...took a few days to get through all 20 pages. That will be all I'm using in it, at least that's the plan.

Anyway, thanks to all of your posts. Gives me a good idea how to deal with any problems that may arise. Seems like the best advice I have gathered is make sure you clean it before the 3 month warranty expires for the cart (whatever that thing is called where you load it). At least that seems to be when the majority of problems arise....right?

Till next time....

sneaky101,

sneaky101

Could it be? Is it an error in the system? I ordered my rev yesterday and it was sent USPS priority and it is saying it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!!! I'm siked, can't wait.

sneaky101,

ctk2011

So I've had the rev for about 4 weeks now. I have used it as my sole vaporizer every day since then. I have also been using the same g of wax, it's been VERY efficient. I would say at my current rate I will get easily 1 month/Gram with the REV.

I've been using some high quality wax and have yet had to clean it, it just keep going and going.

I don't use the window to load though, and in fact wish it wasn't there.

I use Xchadb's method: I take off the top piece, get a small dab on a toothpick, and melt that into the ceramic and then put the top back on and puff away.

So far it's become one of my favorite units ...

ctk2011,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
I also wish the oil seepage window did not exist, such a pain in the ass not to mention wasteful to have to wipe oil off the face of the door for every load :/

SF Giant,

OF

SF Giant said:
I also wish the oil seepage window did not exist, such a pain in the ass not to mention wasteful to have to wipe oil off the face of the door for every load :/

I found if I pull straight up rather than twist it's not an issue, really.

OF

OF,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
OF said:
SF Giant said:

OF

Man-
I just tried this...it's a great tip!

Bluntcrush,

OF

Bluntcrush said:
OF said:

OF

Man-
I just tried this...it's a great tip!

jambandphan03 said:
I'll second that, I pull straight up , and no longer twist. Much cleaner

Cool. Glad to help when I can.

As long as we're on the subject of fun things to do on a rainy day with your Revolution, I find that I can avoid all that for routine stirs like when using bubble hash if I pull the mouthpiece and leave both lower parts alone. I then take a toothpick with a squared off end down the hole and gently stir stuff up (and scrape the walls down as needed) by feel. You don't want to scrape the ceramic, of course, but I find it easy to scoop up the goo from the bottom, mash it some against one side to mix it up, then gently press it back down onto the heated surface for vaping. A couple hits later, when it starts to get weak, I stir it up again. Keeping it soft by being warm enough is important. I usually have .1 to .2 grams in there when doing this, but only the fraction of that actually contacting the ceramic 'is working'.

OF

OF,

sneaky101

Awesome, just got my rev 20 minutes ago....just in time for 4:20 here! Thermovape said it would take 5-10 days to arrive, actually only took 2 days! Thanks TV.

I will have to do what OF said about pulling straight up, the window is my only complaint so far. Only loaded it 2x so far, and I gotta say, from reading this post.....thanks for figuring this thing out for me. It's like I've been using one for weeks. First load I was getting good vapor. Wasn't expecting too much out of the first few loads because of the break in period where the ceramic element needs to get soaked, but probably got 6-8 hits before both loads were exhausted. At least I think. Anyway, thanks to all of your past posts, I feel like I'm a pro at this already. Was already thinking about carrying those individual alcohol wipes with me, but hopefully just pulling up will make that unnecessary.

Happy vaping!

sneaky101,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
On the road, if its not hittin and needs a stir i just hit it with a bic lighter and it melts it down :)

Xchadb,

mestizo

Mine leaks air thru the window, once I found this out I just put a finger on it and pull thick clouds.
I don't care because I'm past the new ceramic taste and I can taste the concentrates full flavor.
I'm happy with it as is, too many pros to focus on this minor problem but I can see how the
window can be annoying to some.

mestizo,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
mestizo said:
Mine leaks air thru the window, once I found this out I just put a finger on it and pull thick clouds.
I don't care because I'm past the new ceramic taste and I can taste the concentrates full flavor.
I'm happy with it as is, too many pros to focus on this minor problem but I can see how the
window can be annoying to some.
Cause yours is brand new and it hasnt happened to you yet? Just wait til you get bho all over your clothes n shit

Xchadb,

igot5onit

Xchadb said:
of course if you think this idea sounds stupid, by all means go back to constantly twisting, opening, loading, wasting product, and getting sticky bho on the outer door and in your f'n pockets! :/

oh, i thought you were immune to the sticky door?

igot5onit,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
No, its happend to me before so i obviously found a solution, or like many others just pull up.

Xchadb,

OF

Xchadb said:
No, its happend to me before so i obviously found a solution, or like many others just pull up.

Before? Weren't you the guy putting a whole gram in at once and then torching the living S#!% out of it? If so, makes sense that the issue you report isn't more widespread........

Anyone else had their 'explode' on them?

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Yeah when i used to turn the window open and load piece by piece it would get everywhere... Why would i torch the living shit out of it when wax melts with the slightest hit of a torch? Lighters leave reside everwhere and a torch is faster. Melting it down is much cleaner and provides bigger hits with no leaking. I have no idea why everyone assumes this is bad when you boil this thing in water....so gentle heating with a torch isnt gonna do anything. Much easier than constant loading, getting sticky crap everywhere and wasting good product. If i never had a problem why would i have found a solution? what are you trying to get at?

Xchadb,

OF

Xchadb said:
Yeah when i used to turn the window open and load piece by piece it would get everywhere... Why would i torch the living shit out of it when wax melts with the slightest hit of a torch? Lighters leave reside everwhere and a torch is faster. Melting it down is much cleaner and provides bigger hits with no leaking. I have no idea why everyone assumes this is bad when you boil this thing in water....so gentle heating with a torch isnt gonna do anything. Much easier than constant loading, getting sticky crap everywhere and wasting good product. If i never had a problem why would i have found a solution? what are you trying to get at?

Yup, it was you then. OK you color outside the lines. A lot, maybe. I was just trying to figure out where along that line this problem you alone find so severe might have come up? That's all.

And I'd assumed the torch was to supply the relatively huge energy needed to get a gram of oil up to working temperature at one shot, not the few dozen mg the unit's designed for. I'm sure it takes more than a casual wave, and I'm also sure some guys could take your original description (not really like above.....) and go a bit too hot. Perhaps the reasons the maker doesn't recommend the practice? No horse on you for trying, of course, but it might taint the 'this could happen to me' aspect of your warning?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom