Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
QuantumTimeSpace said:
Does anyone know if there are plans for Revolution style electroless plated aluminum mouthpieces? I'd definitely pick up one of those for myself given the option.

There are a few different styles available and there is one to match the Revolution body.

Cheers,
Thermovape

ThermoVape,

OF

ThermoVape said:
Also when doing an ISO soak and boil make sure to remove the Revolution heating element from the Revolution interface so that the liquid can flow easily through the unit. After the boil while its still somewhat hot, run warm tap water through the Revolution to flush out whats left. Then proceed to do the 20/20//20 dry burn.

Woah! There's a new step in there (new to me at least) the "run warm tap water through the Revolution to flush out whats left" part. This sounds like a most useful idea to address what has been bothering me, how does the junk get out once it gets in.

So what's the drill? Stand it on end in some sort of clamp in the sink and let the water run into the mouthpiece end and out the two holes above the threads?

TIA for the details. This sounds like another cool cleaning tip to me.....

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Still wrestling this thing, I cabt belive something this simple is kickn my ass

Xchadb,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Xchadb said:
Still wrestling this thing, I cabt belive something this simple is kickn my ass
GREETINGS!

Im one of the lead Core engineers over at Thermo Essence, I assemble and R&D Cores for the T1, Revolution and AVA atomizers.

What kind of problems are you having exactly?

SameOldTim,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
*****EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT*****

so few hours later, i got this shit! turns out it was cause i boiled my switch along with everything, knowing how sticky thc resin is, i know it had to be fucking this little damn switch up, i put the switch in the upper 510 reciver, threw ISO down the hatch, actuated the switch back n fworth to stimulate the connections and clean it all, screwed the cart back on while flooded with iso to make sure everything got cleaned.

nothing changed puttting it back together. the switch seriously had the SLIGHTEST stickyness to it.... my advice dont boil the switch, just ISO that hoe, itl give you problems!

turns out the old cart IS DEAD, so thank god thermovape sent me my new one :)
me cleaning it didnt help figuring out the situation haha!

UPDATE

wonder how many times ill update before someone responds, lol im up late.

so ive been gettin this thing to hit, VERY finiky connections it seems like, i have the cart and upper adapter as one piece right now, thread on the rev adapter all the way tight, hold switch (no go) while still holding switch, very carefully unthreading, not too far over to the side but juuuust in the middle while keeping pressure on the threads, youll hear the cart come on and start sizzlin.

so, i can make a video explaining it, if nobody has any idea what im saying. my guess is, that switch is wiggly as hell, im guessing it just isnt workin out for me? i will gladly throw this in a box and ship it if thats what it takes, hell i cant even get a hit out of hit anymore...

Xchadb,

OF

Xchadb said:
UPDATE

wonder how many times ill update before someone responds, lol im up late.

so ive been gettin this thing to hit, VERY finiky connections it seems like, i have the cart and upper adapter as one piece right now, thread on the rev adapter all the way tight, hold switch (no go) while still holding switch, very carefully unthreading, not too far over to the side but juuuust in the middle while keeping pressure on the threads, youll hear the cart come on and start sizzlin.

so, i can make a video explaining it, if nobody has any idea what im saying. my guess is, that switch is wiggly as hell, im guessing it just isnt workin out for me? i will gladly throw this in a box and ship it if thats what it takes, hell i cant even get a hit out of hit anymore...

OK, I'll respond. This is actually making sense to me. It's looking more and more like a switch issue (which makes sense as that would cause the heater issues that seem to have been the start of troubles). Recall that excessive concentrate flooding the inner chamber, leaking out the air ports and fouling the switch was the warning on not overfilling from TV? To me this ties it all together as the possible root cause of this host of problems. I think your idea of returning the lot to the factory for strip down and analysis is spot on. I'm betting they'll fast track it when they get it (hoping to understand the failure as well as wishing to provide fast service) and we'll know the answer and you'll be back in business in short order.

I'd be sure to include both carts. That part of the puzzle too.

Anyway, sounds like the right call to me at this point. Best wishes.

OF

Edit: Typo

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
thanks for the response OF

i knew someone would be quick to jump at that, but like i stated, i had NO LEAKING EVER, not once have i ever had a leak issue (besides the window but i wipe that up right away) the switch wasnt physically sticky or dirty, didnt smell, in fact it was boiled for a while. the thing is loose as hell side to side, my guess is this switch is just fucked. this is obviously a matter of electricity connection, as i can hear the cart heater being thrown on and off with that distinctive bubble popping.

looks like i broke the toughest vape on here, whoops. Guess i just got a little too high :D

im sure ill sort all this shit out somehow, i never let it get the best of me i always solve these problems, im pretty close to tearin it all apart and breaking out the soldering iron. but thats just cause i wana tinker right now, think ill wait to see what thermovape has to say haha

btw they have done an awesome job by keeping in contact, im just up too late right now.

Xchadb,

OF

Xchadb said:
thanks for the response OF

i knew someone would be quick to jump at that, but like i stated, i had NO LEAKING EVER, not once have i ever had a leak issue (besides the window but i wipe that up right away) the switch wasnt physically sticky or dirty, didnt smell, in fact it was boiled for a while. the thing is loose as hell side to side, my guess is this switch is just fucked. this is obviously a matter of electricity connection, as i can hear the cart heater being thrown on and off with that distinctive bubble popping.

looks like i broke the toughest vape on here, whoops. Guess i just got a little too high :D

im sure ill sort all this shit out somehow, i never let it get the best of me i always solve these problems, im pretty close to tearin it all apart and breaking out the soldering iron. but thats just cause i wana tinker right now, think ill wait to see what thermovape has to say haha

btw they have done an awesome job by keeping in contact, im just up too late right now.

You're welcome. Hang in there, there's an answer in there somewhere.

I wouldn't expect a fouled switch to have oil dripping off it, or really feel any different at all. Rather, I think, vapors would deposit a film on the contacts first....leading to erratic action. BTW, yes the switch seems very loose, this is normal. Bottom line is it works well then it doesn't then it does. Failed heaters don't get better, but dicey switches do.

If it were me, I'd be contacting TV for a RMA (Returned Material Authorization) number and sending that puppy to the shop for a once over.

Good luck,

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Think thats what itl come to, you hit it right on the head, works when it does. Another iso wash, still no go :/

Xchadb,

OF

Xchadb said:
Think thats what itl come to, you hit it right on the head, works when it does. Another iso wash, still no go :/

Makes sense. Unless you can flush a lot of clean solvent through it, all you're likely to do is redistribute that same oil film inside the switch I'm thinking. Let the factory guys drive the demon out.

As we used to say back in the dark days when guys actually came to your house to fix TVs, "Sorry, lady, this one's gotta go to the shop".

OF

Edit: After thinking a bit more, I'm liking this switch contamination theory more and more. Another insight to switch contacts for you (it's actually a surprisingly complex issue) there's often a lot of energy available, like in our case. 15 Watts can all show up for an instant at a single tiny point of contact in the switch. We're talking about a very complex hydrocarbon with just the THC part of the 'wand hash' that might form almost anywhere down there if the vapors ended up there that could be at the heart of that tiny contact when that happens. It could easily burn a bit of that THC into something tiny but nasty at just the wrong place. A burned on bit of junk that laughs at ISO and won't wash away for love or money...... OF

OF,

msb241178

Most certainly a switch issue for me, i'm on my secondf heating core with ZERO sucess, by way of deduction the switch is the only mechanical piece left that it could be but aparantly ThermoVape says that they have had no issue at all with there switches. Just to clarify it wasnt a battery charger issue, the UltraFire charger i have is FINE for LifePo4 batteries but just to be safe i bought the recommended tenergy charger and a new set of batteries.

One of these days i'll actually be able to try try this unit out, seems like a bit of fading dream at the moment but hopefully by monday my replacements will be here.

msb241178,

OF

msb241178 said:
Most certainly a switch issue for me, i'm on my secondf heating core with ZERO sucess, by way of deduction the switch is the only mechanical piece left that it could be but aparantly ThermoVape says that they have had no issue at all with there switches. Just to clarify it wasnt a battery charger issue, the UltraFire charger i have is FINE for LifePo4 batteries but just to be safe i bought the recommended tenergy charger and a new set of batteries.

One of these days i'll actually be able to try try this unit out, seems like a bit of fading dream at the moment but hopefully by monday my replacements will be here.

Thanks for the update, I'm very happy to hear it wasn't a heater core. While good news for the rest of us, unfortunately that doesn't fix your problem.

I believe TV when they say the switch assembly has never been a problem. Remember, they've had many thousands of those very switches in hard service in 'e-cig vapes' for a long while now. They used a 'known reliable' unit once again for both these new products.

There are, however, a few new wrinkles in this application. Most importantly perhaps is this is the first time they've ever exposed the switch to the possibility of THC vapor (in T1 there's no path anywhere near the switch). This may be the root cause of Xchadb's troubles above? Sounds like he may have switch issue as well. Two out of thousands? They've got to be linked somehow you'd think. Also I think this is the first time they've used that adaptor (I think the e-cigs are smaller in diameter?). There could be a marginal dimensioning issue in play. As a test, have you tried removing the o-ring that retains the switch entirely? You can reassemble it carefully without the ring and it still works (I just tried it). This will allow the switch to move further forward for more positive contact with the cart should it wish to do so.

If your 'care package' includes a switch, I'm thinking you're about to get sorted out.

With a proper Quality Assurance model (which I think TV has) this will be eventually understood and resolved given enough time and inputs. Not a trivial task for sure, but part of 'the game'.

Best of luck, please let us know what happens? I'm sure more than a few folks are watching and waiting, not wanting to share your experiences.

OF

OF,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Xchadb said:

"ThermoVape says that they have had no issue at all with their switches"
There was a time when they also said they had no heater core issues...

You paid a high enough price to expect it to work out of the box.
Lifetime warranty they should have to figure out how to fix it or replace it.
=send it back.
They seem to be good people. They'll do right by you by all accounts.

Sinclue,

msb241178

OF said:
msb241178 said:

Thanks for the update, I'm very happy to hear it wasn't a heater core. While good news for the rest of us, unfortunately that doesn't fix your problem.

I believe TV when they say the switch assembly has never been a problem. Remember, they've had many thousands of those very switches in hard service in 'e-cig vapes' for a long while now. They used a 'known reliable' unit once again for both these new products.

There are, however, a few new wrinkles in this application. Most importantly perhaps is this is the first time they've ever exposed the switch to the possibility of THC vapor (in T1 there's no path anywhere near the switch). This may be the root cause of Xchadb's troubles above? Sounds like he may have switch issue as well. Two out of thousands? They've got to be linked somehow you'd think. Also I think this is the first time they've used that adaptor (I think the e-cigs are smaller in diameter?). There could be a marginal dimensioning issue in play. As a test, have you tried removing the o-ring that retains the switch entirely? You can reassemble it carefully without the ring and it still works (I just tried it). This will allow the switch to move further forward for more positive contact with the cart should it wish to do so.

If your 'care package' includes a switch, I'm thinking you're about to get sorted out.

With a proper Quality Assurance model (which I think TV has) this will be eventually understood and resolved given enough time and inputs. Not a trivial task for sure, but part of 'the game'.

Best of luck, please let us know what happens? I'm sure more than a few folks are watching and waiting, not wanting to share your experiences.

OF

Just tried removing the o-ring as suggested, no dice there i'm afraid. We came to the conclusion that it must be the switch, which thermovape were kind enough to send me. So fingers crossed, by monday, i should be joining the REVolution!!!. I will update all on monday. Thanks for your suggestions and help OF, it's very much appreciated.

msb241178,

OF

msb241178 said:
Just tried removing the o-ring as suggested, no dice there i'm afraid. We came to the conclusion that it must be the switch, which thermovape were kind enough to send me. So fingers crossed, by monday, i should be joining the REVolution!!!. I will update all on monday. Thanks for your suggestions and help OF, it's very much appreciated.

You're very welcome, sorry it didn't help. But hanks for trying, it was worth a shot as I see it. I think you're on to it with the switch, it'll be nice to nail it down and even better when the offending part is waterboarded......

Enjoy the weekend, spend some quality time with your oil stash. With any luck at all some of it won't be with you much longer. Hopefully this time next week you'll think of all the problems getting it working as "oh, so very worth it".

OF

OF,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
ThermoVape said:
QuantumTimeSpace said:
Does anyone know if there are plans for Revolution style electroless plated aluminum mouthpieces? I'd definitely pick up one of those for myself given the option.

There are a few different styles available and there is one to match the Revolution body.

Cheers,
Thermovape

Thanks, I have seen all the available mouthpieces on the website. I understand that the Rev mouthpieces are shaped differently, with a choke point that the normal T1 mouthpieces do not have? What I was asking about is weather there are plans to make an electroless plated aluminum one in the Revolution mouthpiece style. If not, how much different would the Revolution perform with a standard T1 tip? Does the choke provide noticeably better performance? Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Also, I don't know if it'd be that easy to make, but a high-powered LED flashlight attachment that screwed on where the heating cores go would be really slick. I know it has nothing to do with vaping, but since this thing is a big battery pack, why not get multiple uses out of it. Just a thought...

QuantumTimeSpace,

PB88123

Vaporist
QuantumTimeSpace said:
Edit: Also, I don't know if it'd be that easy to make, but a high-powered LED flashlight attachment that screwed on where the heating cores go would be really slick. I know it has nothing to do with vaping, but since this thing is a big battery pack, why not get multiple uses out of it. Just a thought...

Someone else mentioned the flashlight attachment and TV said this.

ThermoVape said:
Idea number 4: we are actually working on this, that way when you need to travel, from one mm state to another, by plane, train, or automobile, the thermovape could be transformed into a powerful, compact LED flashlight. Obviously we have other accessories that we are making first. But this will likely happen, that is the ultimate stealth vape.... Pocket convection Vaporizer to functional high end flashlight in 3 seconds.

PB88123,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I really dont think some vapors snuck in and ruined the switch, boiling the switch and cart together is what did it, ever seen thc float on water? Im guessing when I picked it outa the water it prob grabbed some.

Xchadb,

OF

Xchadb said:
I really dont think some vapors snuck in and ruined the switch, boiling the switch and cart together is what did it, ever seen thc float on water? Im guessing when I picked it outa the water it prob grabbed some.

Sounds possible. How it got there (assuming that's it, of course) will be interesting and useful to sort out I'm thinking. It may call for rethinking the boiling routine?

Time will tell. First order of business is to get you back on the air I'm thinking.

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i already have re boiled, and twice have done a iso soak.

so after a night of no sleep and constant tinkering i cant belive wtf its come down to, this mother fucking o-ring! ive taken it out, re seated it, made sure the switch was making contact with the cart before screwing it back on ect, everything! then ive tried this before, but i tried it again, threw the switch in there with no o-ring, this time, it fucking works!(80%) seems like i have to hold the batteries up real hard, and if it still dosent fire off, ill hold em up and spin em a quarter turn, then it seems to kick on, but hey! it works!

my guess is boiling it changed the shape of the o-ring against the hot as fuckn metal and switch surrounding the inside of it.

so what the fuck did i do? took the o-ring, pair of pliers, and fixed that shit with my errl's torch son! just torched the o-ring a tiny bit til it got melty, shoved it back over the switch, shoved it back in there, screwed it on and volia, the errl torch saves the fuckn day, AGAIN. its the solution to all my problems. :D

Don't worry Thermovape, ive got this shit! Thanks for the replacement cart too :)

Xchadb,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Glad you got it working, X.

I just connected a silicone whip attached to an EQ elbow and ran my rev through some vaporbonging excercises. It works! :ko:

:peace:

Stu,

OF

Xchadb, great to hear you're up and running again. No substitute for success.

So in the end the heater and switch were OK and things when bad in some cleaning mishap? Sounds like a step by step list might be in order.....

Thanks for the report.

OF

OF,

mtk

just got this and the t1 kit in... I'm new to concentrates so I first got some bubble hash, which did not work for me at all. after reading about user experiences I went out and found some quality budder. that made the world of difference! From a cold start I was getting clouds with in 20 seconds. First time taking concentrates ... boy I'm knocked on my ass right now :lol: Loving this and my t1! The battery life is much better on the revolution also.

mtk,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
At work, ill report back when home, still kickn strong, my oring deformed or swelled due to boiling, its workn great but I have to press pretty firm on the switch. Ill keep y'all posted

Xchadb,

lepstadder

---- --------

After my last boil, looked down the window and noticed

My ceramic has seamed to either lost a good portion of its mass, or it has become loose

either way it is rattling around and is not seated at all

Should i continue using it?

lepstadder,
Top Bottom