Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

jambandphan03

in flavor country
That does not sound good, if the ceramic is loose, I would not use it. contact Thermo Vape about it.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You should contact the Thermo Vape guys, they will probably fix you up quick, if your Rev is really broken, it is under warranty. Shoot them an email.

jambandphan03,

OF

lepstadder said:
---- --------

After my last boil, looked down the window and noticed

My ceramic has seamed to either lost a good portion of its mass, or it has become loose

either way it is rattling around and is not seated at all

Should i continue using it?

Mine's loose as well, I noticed it'd shifted after boiling it the first time. The stain was off center a bit and the top piece loose. With oil in it's basically glued in place I figure, didn't really bother me, still doesn't I guess.

I figure it's just smaller than the hole it's in after a few heat cycles if not before. I seriously doubt the ceramic is going anywhere, for sure there was no debris in the water pan or alcohol from the ultrasonic sink soaking adventure (I check for such stuff.....).

Short of cementing it in place, I don't know how you'd go about keeping a ceramic insert solid in a metal sort of a glass to metal seal interface....which opens up whole new cans of worms. Consider pans are loose on the stove top in the kitchen and yet get hot just fine.

OF

OF,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
FWIW my units top ceramic plate was already a little loose upon arrival, I poked at it with a toothpick before I even turned it on and it moved. The oil definitely puts it in its place, as I cannot move it a bit right now wether warm or cold.

Just got back from a trip cross state and the rev kept me happy the whole trip. Definitely not a medical state but I was acting like it was an ecig the whole time so no one knew what I was puffing on at any given time. There was a first demo when I had my RES and atomizer on it with some nice menthol loaded and everyone definitely thought it looked neat to say the least. Brought one powerpax plus a fresh charged pair already loaded and it was plenty of power to last me the three days I out using it 3-4 times a day with occasional ecig use as well. One M&M's minis tube held my bho at the bottom, interface with rev, toothpick, whip folded and mouthpiece. Very light packing if you ask me and everything is so durable as tank so no worries about anything fumbling in my bag. Was cold most the time so the oil stayed put in the cart and didn't leak anywhere.

Overall I am super satisfied with this devices ability to travel and be so fun and easy to use.

BudBuddy,

msb241178

Yay!!! New switch assembly just arrived and it fires up perfectly!. Time to test this bad boy out!!!

msb241178,

OF

msb241178 said:
Yay!!! New switch assembly just arrived and it fires up perfectly!. Time to test this bad boy out!!!

Great news! If I've been following this right, your the third (?) switch problem (although one of those my have had a brush with a torch). So far, AFAIK, no confirmed heat core failures?

I know it can be a huge hassle to get the dead parts sent home again, but are you sending the switch back to TV for post mortum? IMO it's important to quickly understand what's going on.

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear you're behind in testing......best get cracking.....

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
1 confirmed dead cart. my other free one is workin just fine :) but yeah to be honest that first one that died i used mine like a mofo, has seen that torch multiple times...but i never abused it, torched it (just gentle heat ups) honestly think i could of cleaned mine a bit more.... but i was using full melt.

to be honest i wish i had a new switch and o-ring assemb its still pretty janky, im running it without the o-ring, works much better for me.

Xchadb,

msb241178

OF said:
msb241178 said:

Great news! If I've been following this right, your the third (?) switch problem (although one of those my have had a brush with a torch). So far, AFAIK, no confirmed heat core failures?

I know it can be a huge hassle to get the dead parts sent home again, but are you sending the switch back to TV for post mortum? IMO it's important to quickly understand what's going on.

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear you're behind in testing......best get cracking.....

OF

Yeah, the second heating cartridge worked fine also with the new switch, fired straight up. And yes, i will most certainly be sending the switch back to thermovape for investigation, the way i figure it, it will help us all in the long run and maybe stop this from happening to anyone else.

msb241178,

OF

Xchadb said:
1 confirmed dead cart. my other free one is workin just fine :) but yeah to be honest that first one that died i used mine like a mofo, has seen that torch multiple times...but i never abused it, torched it (just gentle heat ups) honestly think i could of cleaned mine a bit more.... but i was using full melt.

to be honest i wish i had a new switch and o-ring assemb its still pretty janky, im running it without the o-ring, works much better for me.

Thanks for the update. Be great to have that first cart analyzed, I hope it's scheduled for such? I think you should also ask for a replacement switch and ring, I'm sure they'll agree best to not have a questionable one in service. Perhaps you can hold off and return the switch with the cart?

msb241178 said:
Yeah, the second heating cartridge worked fine also with the new switch, fired straight up. And yes, i will most certainly be sending the switch back to thermovape for investigation, the way i figure it, it will help us all in the long run and maybe stop this from happening to anyone else.

Outstanding. My thoughts exactly, the way the product gets better includes understanding where and how it fails.....often not at all easy to sort out.

OF

OF,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
Since it looks like it might be a while before Team ThermoVape gets back in the room, does anyone have experience using a T1 mouthpiece on the Rev? Does the choke in the Rev style make a big difference? I'd really like to pick up one of those metal ones, but don't want to sacrifice any performance if there is a significant difference between how the mouthpieces work.

Well this morning I feel I really got my draw technique down. I heat for about 7-10 second, then with each drag I start slow, then build pressure and finish the drag more quickly, repeating several times until my lungs are topped off. I think this gives time for the heating core to warm back up a little at the beginning of each draw, and I seem to be getting nice consistent hits this way. I've also tried this as a continuous pull, alternating from barely sipping on it then building more pressure and drawing quicker, then back to the slow sip again, till lungs are full.

QuantumTimeSpace,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
My ceramic piece is also loose after my first cleaning as others here have mentioned, not a huge problem as long as it stays where it is but unfortunately since the day i boiled mine and gave it an iso soak it seems to have a real problem producing vapor, my wax will get warm enough to melt down into the element but from there it produces some super weak and wispy vapor for a toke or 2 and then quits producing altogether. It is now to the point that it is basically clogged up internally with wax and I am unable to burn any of it off by hitting it, it will warm up and i can tell the wax is being melted by the increasing ease of draw but vapor production is near zero. I am pretty frustrated at this point as it was working like a boss before I cleaned it and it is now approaching totally useless.....i actually had to SMOKE a bowl when I was out and about yesterday and that was about my final straw, I don't know if i should try to precede with an RMA on my rev or what but nothing i have tried has seemed to help. :mad:

SF Giant,
I just got mine in the mail :D. Works great so far, all the batteries are charged and ready to go. Funny thing is I ordered a Revolution but they gave me a T1 body with the black case on it which is great because I think I actually prefer the black piece on there, good one Thermovape! The overall design is cool, only qualm I would say is that the Revolution piece below the atomizer is pretty scratched up when I just opened it. Take care of your parts a little better Thermovape! Other than that its worked great and I'm happy with my purchase so far.

I wonder if people might be having problems with the Tenergy batteries, I was looking to order more of them and found a few reviews saying they wouldn't hold a charge.

tokinsmokin,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
lepstadder said:
---- --------

After my last boil, looked down the window and noticed

My ceramic has seamed to either lost a good portion of its mass, or it has become loose

either way it is rattling around and is not seated at all

Should i continue using it?

Aslong as the ceramic is still laying flat and covering nearly all of the interior hole you can continue to use it without a problem. The element is very durable and can withstand alot of variation before failing.

QuantumTimeSpace said:
Since it looks like it might be a while before Team ThermoVape gets back in the room, does anyone have experience using a T1 mouthpiece on the Rev? Does the choke in the Rev style make a big difference? I'd really like to pick up one of those metal ones, but don't want to sacrifice any performance if there is a significant difference between how the mouthpieces work.

Well this morning I feel I really got my draw technique down. I heat for about 7-10 second, then with each drag I start slow, then build pressure and finish the drag more quickly, repeating several times until my lungs are topped off. I think this gives time for the heating core to warm back up a little at the beginning of each draw, and I seem to be getting nice consistent hits this way. I've also tried this as a continuous pull, alternating from barely sipping on it then building more pressure and drawing quicker, then back to the slow sip again, till lungs are full.

Sorry for the delay, been very busy trying to keep the orders filled.

Once you get a feel for the draw on the Rev there's really no reason you couldn't use any of the mouthpieces. I actually use the metal one in my own Revolution and the Teflon one in my T1.

Something to keep in mind is the rate in which your inhaling directly effects the temperature in the material chamber. I typically puff it until I see visible vapor, then long steady pull and gradually increase draw
SF Giant said:
My ceramic piece is also loose after my first cleaning as others here have mentioned, not a huge problem as long as it stays where it is but unfortunately since the day i boiled mine and gave it an iso soak it seems to have a real problem producing vapor, my wax will get warm enough to melt down into the element but from there it produces some super weak and wispy vapor for a toke or 2 and then quits producing altogether. It is now to the point that it is basically clogged up internally with wax and I am unable to burn any of it off by hitting it, it will warm up and i can tell the wax is being melted by the increasing ease of draw but vapor production is near zero. I am pretty frustrated at this point as it was working like a boss before I cleaned it and it is now approaching totally useless.....i actually had to SMOKE a bowl when I was out and about yesterday and that was about my final straw, I don't know if i should try to precede with an RMA on my rev or what but nothing i have tried has seemed to help. :mad:

Try giving it a long warmup (15sec +) then a slow long pull. Let most of the oil burn off till you can see a glow from the ceramic when its on.

SameOldTim,

aero18

vaporist
Got a new heating cartridge after the *FIRST* one failed. Seems that failing heating cartridges are somewhat common on this board.

The replacement cartridge has been working very, very well. I still recommend this vape to anyone who vapes oil.

aero18,

OF

aero18 said:
Got a new heating cartridge after the second one failed. Seems that failing heating cartridges are somewhat common on this board.

Two failed on you? Have you sent the dead ones back for analysis? I'm not at all sure failing heaters is all that common, I believe at least two such cases turned out to be switch issues?

It seems that they are at least fairly reliable (lots of folks with no problems yet), so the chances of any one guy getting two in a row are slim indeed.

OF

OF,
So I think I understand the metallic-burned taste syndrome now.
With a great amber glass, when it melts into the core, it leaves a ring around the outside of the ceramic. This seems to build and if you dont steer it with a toothpic, then it burns, it actually turns black. When that melts into your core, have fun, it will taste like shit until a thorough cleaning, (and promptly taste great again!).

So, if you are experiencing this (I was about every 4-5 days of extreme use), make sure and pull out the top part and stir up the goo a couple times a day. I will hold the button and steer it with a toothpick until I see it melting in. Then you are good.

There is no question, a REAL stoner will need 2 carts to alternate proper cleaning. Ill get one when I get paid.

Zorro420shouldbefree,

aero18

vaporist
OF said:
aero18 said:
Got a new heating cartridge after the second one failed. Seems that failing heating cartridges are somewhat common on this board.

Two failed on you? Have you sent the dead ones back for analysis? I'm not at all sure failing heaters is all that common, I believe at least two such cases turned out to be switch issues?

It seems that they are at least fairly reliable (lots of folks with no problems yet), so the chances of any one guy getting two in a row are slim indeed.

OF

Oops, I meant my *first* cartridge.

aero18,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Still no luck with mine, doesn't matter if I warm it for 5 seconds or 30, there is oil in the chamber without a doubt, when it is not warmed up it is nearly impossible to draw through, about 20 seconds into heating the oil will liquify and the draw will ease up but still very little or no vapor will be produced, i can draw fast, slow or not at all, doesn't matter. :(

SF Giant,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
That might be because it's not fully dried yet - I had the same(?) experience.

Did you wash (boil) it recently?

sessnet,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
have you tried the 20/20 dry burn yet?
20 seconds on, 20 seconds off for about 20 mins. I did that with mine, it cleared up a bunch of stuff. Also might want to try putting the threaded end into your mouth and blowing once you have burned out some of the stuff... make sure it is not hot when you try that.

jambandphan03,

OF

aero18 said:
Oops, I meant my *first* cartridge.

That's better (not as good as it would be if it had been no failures, of course). Glad you're back on track. Did you send the dead one back for the autopsy?

OF

OF,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
sessnet said:
That might be because it's not fully dried yet - I had the same(?) experience.

Did you wash (boil) it recently?
Yeah I boiled/soaked it last week, but i also dried it at 150 in the oven for like 30 minutes, didn't hear any crackling or anything when i fired it up so i figured i was good?

SF Giant,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Ahhh dam, that does sound weird. Sorry that you are having problems... :(
You might need to call the ThermoVape guys for some help!

sessnet,
Top Bottom