Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

NewSchoolExplorer

Similar but what I am saying is the entire battery housing is modular in that it can be removed to shorten the physical length (for concealability or stacked more so to have a big bat for serious session). If someone is running one RCR 3 or 3.7 volt it will have half the size of a double stacked 6v currently available.

Like a screw in piece

NewSchoolExplorer,

2clicker

Observer
Similar but what I am saying is the entire battery housing is modular in that it can be removed to shorten the physical length (for concealability or stacked more so to have a big bat for serious session). If someone is running one RCR 3 or 3.7 volt it will have half the size of a double stacked 6v currently available.

Like a screw in piece

there is an e-cig mod that is like what you describe. ill see if i can find it.

Mmm, I have an issue.

I was steaming along happily with my Omicron+LV Rev when suddenly the omicron started giving me a solid blue light for roughly 7 seconds. No more heat is being produced at all. The Omicron carts work fine, but I can't get the Rev and its adapter to work anymore. The omicron gives solid blue lighting when the adapter is on without the Rev and also gives the solid, non-operating blue when the Rev is added to the adapter. I noticed the threads on my Revolution are just a bit rough in one place but I don't think that'd do it. Any ideas? I know some people have talked about moving pins and issues along those lines but I have little e-cigarette experience.

charliedontsurf,

zmurder

:mad:
Got an email response that my package was still sitting around the warehouse and now that I'd inquired they'd get around to shipping it today.. Some mumbling about parts not being in stock perhaps (products announced less than 24 hours earlier). Wonder how long it would have sat around if I hadn't asked?

They "assured" me that they'd send it out tonight. Much like they "assured" me last Saturday that "All of the items from order #**** have now been shipped"

Guess they're too busy helping people try to use their products with other manufacturers' equipment to properly take care of repeat customers.

Sinclue I'm in the same boat -- ordered the Alpha Ultra and DART LV as soon as they announced it on here last week....but my tracking hasn't budged from "Electronic Shipping Info Received". My previous 3 orders from them got moving a bit more quickly.

zmurder,

OF

Boy, a lot of anger over delays in shipments. I can understand it, but think it might be misplaced and a bit out of perspective. I'm going to guess what happens is the order filling system notifies the customer automatically, if you look at order timing this seems to be becoming the norm. It assumes things will ship out on schedule. The problem at TV seems to me to be they need some way to notify folks there's been a problem in shipping, which would have to be a manual method near as I can tell? I think it should be done, however it needs to. But I don't think anyone is trying to lie or deceive, it's just that the system has a reporting problem brought on by the automated timing (most guys don't want to wait until the next day when the ship order closes to be notified ASAP).

I think guys ought to reflect that it's not personal, nor should a guys order history impact how they're treated. I don't think many think anyone should get 'special treatment' of service before others because of who they are? Each is taken in turn as resources allow. One thing sure, Tim helping KT with his problems (that involved TV equipment) did not in any realistic way impact shipments. He has nothing to do with that process near as I can tell. Other guys pack and ship the boxes....not him. I'm sure guys don't really mean to say 'nobody gets there's until I get mine', but that's how a guy might read it.

I agree, TV should find a way to notify folks a problem in shipment has come up. I assume they want ship inventory they have to customers who want it and need it as soon as they can. They have a significant history of that and have stated it's their policy. I see a problem in the system, but no dark intent. Nor do I think what seems like a stock issue should impacting other customers; if their requests are in stock or resources are available to service their problems they should get the same prompt service we would all like to get when possible.

I understand how guys get upset and all, and also realize I have the luxury of not having problems (yet) in getting what I order from them (or most vape providers for that matter) in a timely manner. I hope whatever the issue is has already been resolved (or soon will be) and that a procedure can be found to avoid this far from unique issue for others. Delays will happen, the two options are to deal with the problems in an effective way or to hold off all notifications until the matter is closed and accept the delays in notification for everyone. I'm glad I don't have to do that.

OF

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
Boy, a lot of anger over delays in shipments. I can understand it, but think it might be misplaced and a bit out of perspective. I'm going to guess what happens is the order filling system notifies the customer automatically, if you look at order timing this seems to be becoming the norm. It assumes things will ship out on schedule. The problem at TV seems to me to be they need some way to notify folks there's been a problem in shipping, which would have to be a manual method near as I can tell? I think it should be done, however it needs to. But I don't think anyone is trying to lie or deceive, it's just that the system has a reporting problem brought on by the automated timing (most guys don't want to wait until the next day when the ship order closes to be notified ASAP).

I think guys ought to reflect that it's not personal, nor should a guys order history impact how they're treated. I don't think many think anyone should get 'special treatment' of service before others because of who they are? Each is taken in turn as resources allow. One thing sure, Tim helping KT with his problems (that involved TV equipment) did not in any realistic way impact shipments. He has nothing to do with that process near as I can tell. Other guys pack and ship the boxes....not him. I'm sure guys don't really mean to say 'nobody gets there's until I get mine', but that's how a guy might read it.

I agree, TV should find a way to notify folks a problem in shipment has come up. I assume they want ship inventory they have to customers who want it and need it as soon as they can. They have a significant history of that and have stated it's their policy. I see a problem in the system, but no dark intent. Nor do I think what seems like a stock issue should impacting other customers; if their requests are in stock or resources are available to service their problems they should get the same prompt service we would all like to get when possible.

I understand how guys get upset and all, and also realize I have the luxury of not having problems (yet) in getting what I order from them (or most vape providers for that matter) in a timely manner. I hope whatever the issue is has already been resolved (or soon will be) and that a procedure can be found to avoid this far from unique issue for others. Delays will happen, the two options are to deal with the problems in an effective way or to hold off all notifications until the matter is closed and accept the delays in notification for everyone. I'm glad I don't have to do that.

OF

Well, I don't know about anger hehe, but the overall customer care I've had with this particular order has been far different than my previous dealings with TV, and it has irritated me a bit. I definitely was not suggesting anyone get any type of special treatment. I was simply stating, if packages are being forgotten about and just sitting around for days (which I was told mine was, boxed up and ready but going no-where), then someone's slacking somewhere, and that realization led to a feeling that maybe the people in charge should be sealing up weak spots instead of giving tours of the establishment. Again, it was merely a fleeting thought that I had while frustrated with the situation, and really shouldn't be read into anymore than that.

Also, all of this occurred after a halt in email responses while even trying to get the order placed, and having to kick-start things with phone calls. Then, after checking up on my missing order today, I received a rushed reply that my box was forgotten about, with not even an apology to accompany the info. I got no reply to my request that the situation get expedited. 6 1/2 hours later, I was simply told that it had shipped. I understand people get busy, and things get forgotten, but when errors need correcting I'd hope a company would put their best foot forward to try and remedy it, rather than giving the customer the cold shoulder. Also, seeing how another FC member has had identical issues at the exact same time, I would say a common denominator is being revealed. Team TV could take it as a cue to review their processes and assure their customers that all is being taken care of. Instead, ThermoVape has posted in this thread twice since, and not even glanced this way...

I said it before, and I'll repeat it. I love my ThermoVape Rev, I'm loving all the new innovations they keep developing. Heck, it was even me who asked TV directly if we'd ever see a windowless version, to which he said
Yes, we will make it..... Should be pretty sweet. We will get on it.

Anyway, I just hope if there is some "common denominator" that TV can iron out whatever it is and no-one else will have their packages forgotten by the wayside, and they can continue to build an excellent rep as a great vaporizer manufacturer.

QuantumTimeSpace,

OF

Thanks, QTS, I think we're talking about the same outfit. Good folks, I think, but serious 'growing pains' going on. In the past few months they've added a new CNC machine which doubled their capacity. It's busy too. I never asked, but I bet vapes are a major part of the game (against their e-cig line). For sure it's what I mostly saw folks working on most when I was there last. A couple more new guys too, and that often doesn't help keep problems like this shipping screw up from showing up.

I'm sure they know there's a problem, I'm sure they want it fixed, and I'm almost as sure they're smart enough to make that happen.

Doesn't make waiting a wit easier, though, does it?

Thanks again, and good luck on delivery. I should think we both expect it to be worth it in the end?

OF

OF,
So my Omicron + Adapter + LV Rev works as long as it's screwed in 95% of the way: once I screw it tight it gives me a solid light and refuses to heat.

Ideas?

charliedontsurf,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
I don't think it's meant to go all the way. Mine screws down most of the way, with some threading still exposed. It works fine. I don't try to force it.

GReYAReA,

bruno13

insomniac
I got my LV Dart yesterday and I love it. I had a 6v windowed rev and I hated it. Too messy and it got too hot. The LV Dart works great, no mess, great vapors, and easy to control the heat. I have used PG, CO2 oils, and reclaimed oil from omni carts, all were wounderful. No window is fantastic, the actual dart part is nice too and it does seem to work somewhat as a dabber/loader. I use my handy chopstick to clean the inside walls and then wipe it on the dabber where it can be melted down later.

bruno13,

OF

to hell with adapters. 510 thread FTW!

so in an effort to make sure my new Rev will work on my Detonator i have purchased these cells.

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-RCR12...QQ7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333642159&sr=8-1

they appear to be the exact same as the cells that come with the TV kits, but in a 900mah instead of 750mah... this should give me longer cell life no...?

Actually, no. The ones you bought are a different chemistry and don't support higher current levels as well. There's a solid reason why TV didn't use them. Revolution (being half the power) might do a little better than T1 might but IMO you'd have been better off with the same units. Then the 6 Volt Revolution will 'see the same source'. But for now, ironically, I think you're likely to have sub standard performance. In the last few days someone reported just that. Bought a bunch of 'the better ones' and a charger. The charger is useful......

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
Actually, no. The ones you bought are a different chemistry and don't support higher current levels as well. There's a solid reason why TV didn't use them. Revolution (being half the power) might do a little better than T1 might but IMO you'd have been better off with the same units. Then the 6 Volt Revolution will 'see the same source'. But for now, ironically, I think you're likely to have sub standard performance. In the last few days someone reported just that. Bought a bunch of 'the better ones' and a charger. The charger is useful......

OF

damn. thanks OF. i should have asked before i just purchased, but i can return them. im going to go with a 4pk of the same cells the TV ships with then.

$11.48 is not bad
http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-RCR12...R1OU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333642740&sr=8-4

this is the charger ive already got.
http://www.madvapes.com/TrustFire-TR-001-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger_p_2474.html

it will charge the tenergy rcr123a cells as well as the 3.7V 18350s ive already got. ive also still got the charger that came with my Detonator. its the same charger that comes with the persei. i would imagine it may charge the rcr123a's, but im not certain.

2clicker,

OF

damn. thanks OF. i should have asked before i just purchased, but i can return them. im going to go with a 4pk of the same cells the TV ships with then.

$11.48 is not bad
http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-RCR12...R1OU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333642740&sr=8-4

this is the charger ive already got.
http://www.madvapes.com/TrustFire-TR-001-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger_p_2474.html

it will charge the tenergy rcr123a cells as well as the 3.7V 18350s ive already got. ive also still got the charger that came with my Detonator. its the same charger that comes with the persei. i would imagine it may charge the rcr123a's, but im not certain.

Glad you caught it in time, yup, those are the guys you want. I don't think, however, that charger is good for them, you need one with a 3.2 Volt setting. If the other charger is the 188 you're fine there, set the switch on the right up, the left one is OK on 'full blast'. You can charge these guys really fast. You can also get 'the right' charger from Amazon for 11 more dollars and you get another pair of batteries so it's more like five bucks.

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
Glad you caught it in time, yup, those are the guys you want. I don't think, however, that charger is good for them, you need one with a 3.2 Volt setting. If the other charger is the 188 you're fine there, set the switch on the right up, the left one is OK on 'full blast'. You can charge these guys really fast. You can also get 'the right' charger from Amazon for 11 more dollars and you get another pair of batteries so it's more like five bucks.

OF

what do you mean by the "188"...? you mean this guy?
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Persei-Charger

that is the charger that came with my Detonator. your saying it will charge my Tenergy's 3.2Vs? id really like to not have to buy another charger, but if i need it then ill get it.

2clicker,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Look who it is! All sleepy eyed, I just saw the DART for the first time yesterday. I am really interested so here is the stupid question of the day:

Can I use the DART with my T1 or do I have to buy a new battery/slide/etc thing?

sessnet,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Look who it is! All sleepy eyed, I just saw the DART for the first time yesterday. I am really interested so here is the stupid question of the day:

Can I use the DART with my T1 or do I have to buy a new battery/slide/etc thing?
i believe that you need the adapter that comes with the rev (not the UA or universal adapter, that will let you use an omi or persei) and a dart. this one, i believe http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/adapter-interface

Bob Loblaw,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
thanks bob! will that guy charge my 18350s as well? sorry for the newb question...
yes, any 3v or 3.7v. switch on the side lets you choose. don't try to charge different types at the same time tho. i.e. long 3.7 and short 3.7

Bob Loblaw,

OF

No, you need to buy the upgrade (new switch section to replace the heat core/bowl assembly and Revolution cart), just be sure they send you the 6 Volt DART version, you'll be in business:
http://thermovape.com/collections/a...n-universal-concentrate-vaporizer-adapter-kit

For not a lot more you can get a battery case also and keep the T1 intact:
http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-revolution

Again, be sure to get the six Volt version if you want to use the same batteries.

OF

OF,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Thanks OF and Bob!

I do have the Revolution, and the interface...so I guess I just need the non-LV version? $55 and I'll be in business?

$55 seems steep... but I guess that beats a 5 pack of omicron carts :D

sessnet,
Top Bottom