Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

zmurder

thank you! i dont see why they wouldnt replace it considering they even said its safe to run at 7.4V... :uhoh: im not using a persei though... im using a 7.4V Detonator.

that is the exact post i read that prompted me into buying the 6V Rev in the first place.

yeah I think you should be good clicker. TV only sez that more than 7.4 would be a problem. I'd thought of popping it on a 7.4 device as well....so good to know i shouldn't do that

zmurder,

2clicker

Observer
well ill be looking into getting some dif cells i suppose... :doh:

i have 4 of the trustfire 3.7V 1200mah cells still. i suppose i could get a regular Rough Stack and use them individually with that at 3.7V. then ill have to get an LV Dart of course.

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
I feel for clicker, but it was well documented that the Persei's 18350's are 4.2(x2=8.4)v fresh off the charger. Hopefully clicker's mistake will save some future people the hassle.
Are the heating elements the same for window style and dart style?

i am not using a Persei. i dont think i could bring myself to pay for one when you can get a comparable device for much cheaper.

check out a silver bullet. its pretty much the persei... with a double top also... available to e-cig users for some time now. i love Deltas product, but the prices are outrageous.

*EDIT* i just realized that you are talking about the cells... they arent from a Persei kit. i dont know what cells they are shipping with the Persei.

2clicker,

zmurder

I feel for clicker, but it was well documented that the Persei's 18350's are 4.2(x2=8.4)v fresh off the charger. Hopefully clicker's mistake will save some future people the hassle.
Are the heating elements the same for window style and dart style?

TV was responding to someone who asked directly about "7.4(8.4)"...

bruno13 said:
What is the resistance of the rev? Can it be used at 7.4(8.4) volts? Will it get too hot? How about a 10w, 5 v passthrough? Can the LV rev be used with a 5v passthrough and what is its resistance?
The Original Revolution runs at around 4 ohms. The original Revolution is the Revolution you want to use with a 5V passthrough. This is also the Revolution that will perform at 7.4 volt.

DO NOT us the Revolution - LV with any variable voltage device, pass through that operates at >3.7-4.2V.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

zmurder,
Yeah, I was aware of the SB, but I figured I'd probably get better service from G. Also its nice knowing that all future attachments will forshure be compatible. I have suggested the SB to buddies as an "economical alternative". I can't blame anyone that wants to save a buck. Same for anyone that wants to support ma and pops.

Edit: yeah, sorry, I wasnt aware of that, zmurder... my bad.

havealight101,

kertong

*please delete me*
Uh.. ok, I'm confused.

"The Original Revolution runs at around 4 ohms. The original Revolution is the Revolution you want to use with a 5V passthrough. This is also the Revolution that will perform at 7.4 volt."

2clicker has an original thermovape revolution that he ran on a 7.4V detonator (not an 8.4V persei), by everything I'm reading from thermovape's posts quoted here, 2clicker should be covered...?

kertong,

OF

i am not using a Persei. i dont think i could bring myself to pay for one when you can get a comparable device for much cheaper.

check out a silver bullet. its pretty much the persei... with a double top also... available to e-cig users for some time now. i love Deltas product, but the prices are outrageous.

*EDIT* i just realized that you are talking about the cells... they arent from a Persei kit. i dont know what cells they are shipping with the Persei.

Actually, that might be the reason you're the first to discover this? Now that I put this part together, your power supply uses a simple switch which can be made with very low internal resistance (although if it's the one I think I recognize that's not the case). Persei uses an electronic switch (most likely a FET) instead and has over current (short circuit) protection, both of which will add more losses (heat in the unit, not the cart). It likely comes down to tenths of a Volt and this power supply is going to deliver a bit more than the Persei or similar will under the same conditions.

You're in uncharted waters for sure.

Interesting.

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Everyone,

Regarding the previous post about the use of our Revolution in a 7.4 power supply;

A typical "3v" battery will peak at about 3.6-3.7 volts on a full charge, and while the true voltage is actually higher than 6.0 volts, we still refer to the Revolution as running on a 6 volt power supply (two RCR123AA or equivalent 3.0 volt batteries)

A 3.7 volt battery on a full charge will peak at about 4.2-4.3 volts, this when stacked in a power supply will make it a total of 8.4-8.6 volts. This high voltage will burn out a revolution as it was not designed to run on anything more than a 6 volt power supply (two "3.0" volt batteries)
*The standard "6 volt" Revolution is NOT designed to work on two 3.7 volt batteries*
*The standard "6 volt" Revolution operates on two "3.0 volt" batteries*
Ryan,​
We are sending you a new core for your troubles and because of the confusion, we are trying to revise our previous post to eliminate the confusion in the future.​
Cheers.​
ThermoVape​
t1​

ThermoVape,
Reactions: kertong

2clicker

Observer
Ryan,
We are sending you a new core for your troubles and because of the confusion, we are trying to revise our previous post to elevate the confusion in the future.​
Cheers.​
ThermoVape​
t1​

thats great! thank you for that... i will likely be ordering an LV Dart sometime soon. as well as some other accessories.

again thank you for the quick service! i cant wait to get it. now i need to order some batteries.

and just for clarification... regarding your LV Dart... did i read somewhere that it is NOT designed to work on a adjustable voltage 3.7V device...? or a passthrough 3.7V device...? i just wanna make sure i dont fugg up the LV version when i order it. thanks

2clicker,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Well, I received my replacement REV. Was checking it out to find LV stamped on the bottom. This means low voltage and was not what the original was. What a let down. :ugh:
I just can't win with this order. I have sent an email and will hope for the best.

:horse:

Pipes,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
no, you will fry it. sorry to hear about all the trouble. I'm sure TV will set you up proper someday :/

SF Giant,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Ordered mine on Sat. too. Got a notice of shipping some 20 minutes later and that's it. Tracking says they were notified electronically on March 31st(Sat) to expect the shipment, but nothing since. I live just across the Bay from TV and usually would get it by yesterday (virtually overnight).
With their usual level of service I would expect to have it already and be testing it out for tomorrow's DSO concert.

:mad:
Got an email response that my package was still sitting around the warehouse and now that I'd inquired they'd get around to shipping it today.. Some mumbling about parts not being in stock perhaps (products announced less than 24 hours earlier). Wonder how long it would have sat around if I hadn't asked?

They "assured" me that they'd send it out tonight. Much like they "assured" me last Saturday that "All of the items from order #**** have now been shipped"

Guess they're too busy helping people try to use their products with other manufacturers' equipment to properly take care of repeat customers.

Sinclue,
Reactions: zmurder
Sin, is be heated also, and agree 100%, except the end "other manufacturers equipment"... On their website site it says it works w/anything 510(match your volts correctly). So I think KT help was definitely very generous, it was definitely warranted. I'm not trying to attack at all, I would be pissed too, but the 2 incidents were definitely not co-related. In the end, people(companies) make mistakes, and good people(companies) do their best two make up for it.
In other news today, I've been looking at this dart today... And it looks sweet. Ordering an LV in a few mins, i want to find a retailer that sells 5" AquaVape and LV dart...Portable-Aqua-Vape-Pen sounds nice.
Nice vid KT, you inspired me.

havealight101,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
:mad:
Got an email response that my package was still sitting around the warehouse and now that I'd inquired they'd get around to shipping it today.. Some mumbling about parts not being in stock perhaps (products announced less than 24 hours earlier). Wonder how long it would have sat around if I hadn't asked?

They "assured" me that they'd send it out tonight. Much like they "assured" me last Saturday that "All of the items from order #**** have now been shipped"

Guess they're too busy helping people try to use their products with other manufacturers' equipment to properly take care of repeat customers.

I hate to say it, but I kind-of feel the same way. No offence to the few of you who have recently visited the shop (secretly I'm quite envious :D), but the thought "They have time to give tours to visiting costumers, but too busy to ship out an order to a customer making his 5th order" did cross my mind once or twice. I very much appreciate Team ThermoVape, and up till just recently they seemed to have stellar customer care. Hopefully they can iron out whatever hiccup they have in their shipping/sales departments and not stain such a wonderful rep.

QuantumTimeSpace,
Reactions: zmurder

Sinclue

I hate to say it, but I kind-of feel the same way. No offence to the few of you who have recently visited the shop (secretly I'm quite envious :D), but the thought "They have time to give tours to visiting costumers, but too busy to ship out an order to a customer making his 5th order" did cross my mind once or twice. I very much appreciate Team ThermoVape, and up till just recently they seemed to have stellar customer care. Hopefully they can iron out whatever hiccup they have in their shipping/sales departments and not stain such a wonderful rep.

I've raved about their products to others(I have a T1 & w/Rev cart and a separate Revolution) and a few have subsequently purchased their own units. I can accept delays, out of stock, etc. if told. The web page could indicate out of stock or not allow you to add it to your cart (all technologies I know to be available).

Just don't tell me that you have shipped my stuff when you haven't. People make plans around that kind of notification.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I've raved about their products to others(I have a T1 & w/Rev cart and a separate Revolution) and a few have subsequently purchased their own units. I can accept delays, out of stock, etc. if told. The web page could indicate out of stock or not allow you to add it to your cart (all technologies I know to be available).

Just don't tell me that you have shipped my stuff when you haven't. People make plans around that kind of notification.
i just bought mine this morn. do they not give you a tracking number as sop?

Bob Loblaw,

Sinclue

i just bought mine this morn. do they not give you a tracking number as sop?

I got a notice that my stuff had shipped and a tracking number less than 1/2 hour after placing order. Didn't surprise me since they work long hours and they'd just announced some new stuff so I figured they were ready to cover a bunch of orders like mine. Not.

Just seems disingenuous to notify you its has shipped when its going to sit around the warehouse for another 5 days or more before maybe actually being sent. Not what I would have expected from them.

Sinclue,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
I got a notice that my stuff had shipped and a tracking number less than 1/2 hour after placing order. Didn't surprise me since they work long hours and they'd just announced some new stuff so I figured they were ready to cover a bunch of orders like mine. Not.

Just seems disingenuous to notify you its has shipped when its going to sit around the warehouse for another 5 days or more before maybe actually being sent. Not what I would have expected from them.

Sinclue, check your tracking number, mine is finally showing that it's been accepted @ the post office.

QuantumTimeSpace,

NewSchoolExplorer

So I was looking at the dart and thinking.... so here's a thought. What if the top of the dart was a little longer and hollow so it could actually be an oil reservoir. You could have a window near the bottom of the tip that you could twist open or closed to drip a bit out onto the tip and then close and vape. You would then have a reusable and refillable cart with reservoir.

Cool Idea, I wish the bottom of the dart could have been slight funnel like to get oil to drip down to the center directly above the heating element. These ideas could all be combined into the ultimate DART. Also your idea can be easily produced by just replacing the top dabber portion.

@TV: Any news on the drop in DART for us early adopters of the side load Rev? Also I was thinking about your design for the battery housing and your modular design model and was wonder what you guys think of having a battery housing with multiple threads so you can extend or shorten the housing and thus insert numerous battery configurations for variable voltages?

NewSchoolExplorer,
Top Bottom