Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Zipsort

OF said:
And I'm fairly sure that since the unit wasn't designed to have half a gram in it it's not going to do at all well this way. One thing sure, there's a lot of us feeding it the recommended load without such issues. In fact, AFAIK all the other customers?

Dude... I already tried it with .1 or less (didnt weigh it) and it didnt work. at all. no vapor. it just melted to the sides and would not produce vapor. We tried this with both oils twice.

And yea.. I take "fifth gram dabs" but thats not my fault, I need it to properly medicate. That doesnt mean my portable vape shouldnt produce visible clouds on small amounts of oil.

And yes, we tried two kinds. Homemade BHO (very sticky wax like) and amber glass (looks like honey jolly rancher, but can bend like taffy)

IMG_0967.jpg

Zipsort,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Maybe I should stop by and test that for you :brow:

EDIT: Seriously - have you contacted ThermoVape yet? Maybe they can walk you through it on the phone..or determine if it is faulty.

sessnet,

Zipsort

sessnet said:
Maybe I should stop by and test that for you :brow:

EDIT: Seriously - have you contacted ThermoVape yet? Maybe they can walk you through it on the phone..or determine if it is faulty.

Hah. I'd love to let you guys test it.

Yea, I sent them an email. I don't know how much I can say to them about me using bho, not sure how they respond to it.

I'm gonna try a different kind of concentrate tomorrow (alot harder) and clean the cart before hand and see if it helps any.

Zipsort,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Try as a thorough cleaning as possible, it was discussed over the past two pages on this thread. It only takes about 30 minutes, and you should be ready to go - almost like new!

I assume ThermoVape knows EXACTLY what people are using in this, since they have many medical patients testing it.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

-Pete

sessnet,

OF

Zipsort said:
Dude... I already tried it with .1 or less (didnt weigh it) and it didnt work. at all. no vapor. it just melted to the sides and would not produce vapor. We tried this with both oils twice.

And yea.. I take "fifth gram dabs" but thats not my fault, I need it to properly medicate. That doesnt mean my portable vape shouldnt produce visible clouds on small amounts of oil.

And yes, we tried two kinds. Homemade BHO (very sticky wax like) and amber glass (looks like honey jolly rancher, but can bend like taffy)

Yes, I got that you first tried a small load. But didn't melt it down? Got no good results and added more. Now you have half a gram in there, but still apparently not melted into the ceramic far enough to vape (or the heater isn't hot enough which seems unlikely). The missing step, at least I think it's missing, is the 'melt it into the sponge' part. It puddles up, shimmers a bit like a pool being disturbed by a big fish below then suddenly drains in like a small sink with a huge drain plug that's just been pulled....kind of 'flushes down' if you follow? The texture of the ceramic then shows through on top and vapor wisps form around the edges of the ceramic floor plate. That step.

I understand the need for the dose you use, and certainly attach no blame or anything similar to it. I'm sorry if you took it that way, it was meant objectively. I think it points to a second problem, separate from the first most likely. Even after we get your Revolution working as well as everyone else's (I'm confident it's a matter of bad hardware, concentrate or technique...perhaps in combination even) that will still remain. In the end it's probably not going to be useful if it's only going to give you a few percent of what you're looking for (as a rough guess I'd say 4% or so based on 6 solid hits from 50mg). I know I wouldn't be happy having to take 25 hits (and probably including a refill) to get what I want in one. Glad I don't face that issue, I'm not at all sure how to address it.

Please keep us posted? Interesting experiences for sure.

Zipsort said:
Hah. I'd love to let you guys test it.

Yea, I sent them an email. I don't know how much I can say to them about me using bho, not sure how they respond to it.

I'm gonna try a different kind of concentrate tomorrow (alot harder) and clean the cart before hand and see if it helps any.

Naw, you don't want me testing this, it's confusing enough now without me adding. Thanks for the offer, though. Let's save it for a last ditch effort?

I wouldn't worry about BHO, we specifically discussed it when I picked mine up and got 'the grand tour'. That's where I got the 'four, five drops tops' advice. From 'da Man'. Otherwise it can melt through the heater chamber (after the sponge soaks up all it can hold) then down the air passages, out the holes above the threads and down into the switch plugging up the works (which obviously hasn't happened to you). They won't freak at BHO, it's be extensively tested.

Good show on the fresh try with different material. A huge plus would be 'known good' concentrate (in this machine), but the chances of 3 in a row being problematic seems remote to me. Please do start with a small bit on the ceramic and see if you can get it to melt down and disappear? TIA

Good luck in your Holy Quest.

OF

OF

OF,

Zipsort

Yea I understand fully that this won't replace my nail and dome, that's not why I got it.

I got it so when I'm on the go and can't carry my bong, dome, pick, glass dish with oil and torch I have something to at least keep me going.

The YouTube videos and reviews I read on here (people saying it actually does replace their dome/pad).

I really wanna love this thing

I'll keep you both updated (or anyone else reading)

Thanks for the help you two

Zipsort,

OF

Zipsort said:
I really wanna love this thing

I'll keep you both updated (or anyone else reading)

Thanks for the help you two

Hang in there.

Maybe we should work out a schedule? Keep our (collective) fingers crossed in shifts? No sense all 3 of us having to type one handed, is there? Just a thought......

OF

Edit: Yet another typo...

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You just might have a dud, there have been a few. Have you contacted the Thermovape guys?

jambandphan03,

OF

jambandphan03 said:
You just might have a dud, there have been a few.

Really? Dud Revolutions? I recall a few problems with T1s that pointed that way (although I've never heard what the root cause of that was, although the 'smart money' was on the heat core?). And a few battery/charger issues perhaps. But I don't recall any 'won't vape for me' issues with Revolution before this one that were confirmed duds. Did I miss it? More than one? What were the problems?

TIA, I guess I'm not paying enough attention......

OF

Edit: Not that a dud couldn't happen, indeed it will eventually in theory, but I'm not sure about these other Revolution duds???

OF,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and a proud new owner of a Revolution, and so far am mostly satisfied with it. For those that can compare taking a dab off a skillet or nail, are you getting as thick or robust hits off the TV-R? In my limited experience with it so far (it just arrived yesterday) I'm getting decent rips, but not the thick milky toke I would from vaping a modest .03-5 off my Ti nail. I'm using roughly the same amount, priming it into the ceramic disk with a few on-off ticks, but getting 2-4 moderate hits instead of 1 nice thick one. Does this match up with everyone's experience?

QuantumTimeSpace,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You are right OF, I was thinking about the T1 having a few bad heating elements...crossing threads, sorry.

jambandphan03,

OF

QuantumTimeSpace said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and a proud new owner of a Revolution, and so far am mostly satisfied with it. For those that can compare taking a dab off a skillet or nail, are you getting as thick or robust hits off the TV-R? In my limited experience with it so far (it just arrived yesterday) I'm getting decent rips, but not the thick milky toke I would from vaping a modest .03-5 off my Ti nail. I'm using roughly the same amount, priming it into the ceramic disk with a few on-off ticks, but getting 2-4 moderate hits instead of 1 nice thick one. Does this match up with everyone's experience?

I'd say that's pretty typical. When I load 50mg of good wax I get maybe 6 solid hits. Given variables in guys and medicine, I think we're on the same page.

For sure expecting high volume is going to be a problem at some point. Unlike a nail you can't store heat up and dump it as needed. This means that vapor production is dependent on the heat available.....it's only gonna come so fast. Like a lot of other vapes I guess.

OF

OF,

ctk2011

Xchadb, post #294 had the only bunk unit that I can remember in this thread.

So I think it is possible there are a few Rev lemons out there ....

ctk2011,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
QuantumTimeSpace said:

Your experience seems pretty common. I can only get the really big milky hits when I have my tube attached, the visual feedback makes for a great experience. Still need to get myself a glass mouthpiece, plastic Vapir one isn't cutting it. Even then there seems to be a heating trick to it as I don't get it every time, running pretty hot and small puffs seem to bring them out best.

BudBuddy,
All I know is that mine is back full steam! Tastes amazing again. The fact that I was reparable is a testament to the durability of these.

Zorro420shouldbefree,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Zorro420shouldbefree said:
All I know is that mine is back full steam! Tastes amazing again. The fact that I was reparable is a testament to the durability of these.
What finally repaired your unit? I'm curious.

Glad you got it working! ;)

Stu,

Zipsort

Zorro420shouldbefree said:

Im interested to hear what you did as well

Mine taste like metallic ass, nothing like the sweet taste of oil I get from my dome & nail

Not to mention it doesnt produce much vapor lol

Gonna clean it out tonight and retry

Zipsort,

Zipsort

OF

What do you think of this post? By Xchadb

Id love to have a rev with no window....just sayin brow If u guys dont weld one up and sell it to me i might just have to get frankenstien and seal it up with solder or something.

Ive become quite fond of throwing a whole gram down the top chute and melting it down omicron style and lettin it rip for MANY days in the car smile No twisting window, no sticky mess, no BHO on my steering wheel and im happy. "well why not just, not open it" not good enough, we all know it wiggles a big when warm and bho can start creepin its way out if u hit this thing constantly like i do.

Zipsort,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
It didn't work for you, so maybe when you get it to work at all, you can then get crazy like Xchadb :brow:

I don't have the resources to put that much in there at once :/

sessnet,

OF

ctk2011 said:
Xchadb, post #294 had the only bunk unit that I can remember in this thread.

So I think it is possible there are a few Rev lemons out there ....

This is the fellow that was feeding a gram at a time to his (working at the time) unit? Later came up with what seems like a switch failure (perhaps because oil leaked down into it)? Last I knew he was getting a replacement unit but I never heard if that helped diagnose the issue nor specifically what the failure was.

Thanks for the reference, however, AFAIK it did work fine at one point...hardly a 'dud'.

Zipsort said:
OF

What do you think of this post? By Xchadb

Id love to have a rev with no window....just sayin brow If u guys dont weld one up and sell it to me i might just have to get frankenstien and seal it up with solder or something.

Ive become quite fond of throwing a whole gram down the top chute and melting it down omicron style and lettin it rip for MANY days in the car smile No twisting window, no sticky mess, no BHO on my steering wheel and im happy. "well why not just, not open it" not good enough, we all know it wiggles a big when warm and bho can start creepin its way out if u hit this thing constantly like i do.

Funny how these things turn out, isn't it? I just got through saying what I thought about it and here you go asking.....

I think two things, one is the unit died in service (stopped getting hot) after what is obviously long and heavy use (hardly a dud in most guys minds....). Second point is the unit died in service (OK, same words, different point), that is it worked well for a while and seems like it may have been killed by excess oil leaking into the switch (something TV discussed with me as a possible when I picked mine up).

I wouldn't recommend doing it, at least until the post mortum on Xchadb's dead unit confirms it was something other than oil fouling. And then I say 'you're on your own'?

OF

OF,

Zipsort

So. Let me see here

Thermovape doesn't work on anymore than 50mg of oil and is 150$

But the omicron does? For less money?

Why pay more for a vape that isn't able to rip as fat?

Zipsort,

zmurder

Zipsort said:
So. Let me see here

Some see being able to work with very small amounts (efficiency) as a plus.

zmurder,

OF

Zipsort said:
So. Let me see here

Two reasons come to mind. First, Revolution definitely 'rips fatter' or at least can than Omicron. Revolution hits are close to ten mg each as I do them, Omicron closer to one or a bit more. 400 hits to the gram is I think a typical number.

Secondly, Omicron has a fairly narrow 'window' of useful concentrates. Perhaps the 'leakproof' cart will improve this somewhat but there's a lot of folks out there that can only get kief or lower grades of hash. For them, this is really the only useful option.

For the rest of us, we should obviously own both.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom