Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

Just bumping this down, since the topic of bad batteries came up...

I have a Nitecore I4 v2 charger and some more AW 17670 batts on order so I know I will be able to throw out that variable.

My MFLB is my entire vaporizing history, perhaps it's just an inherently different vape. I'm going to keep working at it.

Reverend Irreverent,

bruno13

insomniac
I was wondering about the AW lifepo4 3v batteries. Do those charge on the Tenergy charger? Are they any better than the Tenergy? I have 12 Tenergy batteries now, but wouldn't mind getting a few of the AW brand if they are noticeably better, and work with the same charger.

I can not say they are better, but I do think AW makes some of the highest quality batteries out there. They can be charged in the tenergy charger. Neither brand of batteries discharge rates are really rated high enough to run the evo. Tenergy rates them at 550mA, the AW are I think 2000mA. The evo draws more than 3000mA. That is one reason I want a 7.4v version. The AW IMR batteries have discharge rates of 8-10C, 5600mA or greater. The LiFePo4 work ok but it is hard on the batteries. They are safe though. Here is a graph comparing discharge rate and capacity for the LiFePo4. As you can see, above 2A the amphrs get hit hard.

ac32dfb3.jpg

bruno13,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
What is the main problem of the discharge rate of the EVO being 1000mA higher than the AW? Overall life of the battery significantly decreased?

vorrange,

OF

My MFLB is my entire vaporizing history, perhaps it's just an inherently different vape. I'm going to keep working at it.

Ah, so! A very different vape indeed. That explains a lot of what you're seeing with your 'MFLB like' technique. MFLB is a conduction vape, work is done by direct contact only. Available energy is fixed, drawing air in cools it off. Evolution is a convection vape, work is done by hot air, not physical contact. Drawing more air brings in more heat, things heat more (not less like in MFLB) once you reach temperature (provided the core is up to temperature of course). Very different beasts in the end, Evolution is really like Vapor Genie more than any other vape I can think of.

Try the 3 step technique once you've got the heating issue under control? You really do need to develop 'too much heat' to get it to work right. You just tap off as much as you need on demand rather than wait for it to build.

OF

OF,

mlo4sho

Ah, so! A very different vape indeed. That explains a lot of what you're seeing with your 'MFLB like' technique. MFLB is a conduction vape, work is done by direct contact only. Available energy is fixed, drawing air in cools it off. Evolution is a convection vape, work is done by hot air, not physical contact. Drawing more air brings in more heat, things heat more (not less like in MFLB) once you reach temperature (provided the core is up to temperature of course). Very different beasts in the end, Evolution is really like Vapor Genie more than any other vape I can think of.

Try the 3 step technique once you've got the heating issue under control? You really do need to develop 'too much heat' to get it to work right. You just tap off as much as you need on demand rather than wait for it to build.

OF

Interesting, OF. I've seen you speak of the 3 step technique a few times. It helps. I've found it quite useful. My question for you, though, is how far do you take it? How do you know when it's been too long? I've built up "too" much heat a couple of times and actually combusted. So should I be a bit more careful and actually count seconds or just practice my technique a bit more maybe ?

mlo4sho,

OF

Interesting, OF. I've seen you speak of the 3 step technique a few times. It helps. I've found it quite useful. My question for you, though, is how far do you take it? How do you know when it's been too long? I've built up "too" much heat a couple of times and actually combusted. So should I be a bit more careful and actually count seconds or just practice my technique a bit more maybe ?

Very interesting, I tried to combust without success. You must be more dedicated than I am? I've had trouble getting past step 2, however. I'll preheat enough (I think, I don't recall it happening inside where I have a clock to watch come to think of it), then pull a whole lung full trying to preheat to vaporization but not get a solid 'test puff' at the end of it. My solution is to reset, let it run for 20 seconds for another stage 1 then start the preheat pull for 2 all over. Several times step 3 has gotten away from me. I'll have it good and hot in the core and start to honk on it for a heavy hit (the one I've been working on for a while and figure I have coming) only to get carried away....and take way more than I intended. It happens fast, catching me by surprise....a pleasant surprise for sure, but one best sitting down and ready for.

Where along the line do you get combustion?

TIA

OF

OF,

niceone

Can someone confirm that this is the right extra battery for the evo LV: http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/7670-3-7v-1600mah-battery.

It looks like the one in the pic here and has the same numbers: http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-evolution-lv-low-voltage-kit-black

But, the battery page doesn't specifically state that it goes with the Evo LV convection unit, so I'm not 100% confident.

Last bit of info I need to make my order. I'm still sitting here combusting, guys... someone take pity on an arts grad and please help!

niceone,

NoName

Can someone confirm that this is the right extra battery for the evo LV: http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/7670-3-7v-1600mah-battery.

It looks like the one in the pic here and has the same numbers: http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-evolution-lv-low-voltage-kit-black

But, the battery page doesn't specifically state that it goes with the Evo LV convection unit, so I'm not 100% confident.

Good morning Niceone. The batt you need for the 3.7volt LV EVOLUTION is the AW17670's (one of these is included in the full kit). Here is the link:

http://thermovape.com/collections/batteries/products/7670-3-7v-1600mah-battery

Hope this helps the "arts"
NoName

Last bit of info I need to make my order. I'm still sitting here combusting, guys... someone take pity on an arts grad and please help!

NoName,

JoeKickass

NoName man you gotta learn how to type outside the quote...
:rofl:
Everyone,

This Mothers Day show your mom (sister, daughter or whatever the case may be) how much you love her with a ThermoVape!

Till Sunday night at midnight use Promo Code 'ILOVEMOM" and get 25% off your order!!!

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks ThermoVape-I imagine there will be many 'MOMSLOVETIM' when word gets around (LOL). I'm sure that I'll be visiting the 'store' but (boo-hoo) no AW17670 batts left.
Can someone confirm that this is the right extra battery for the evo LV:http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/7670-3-7v-1600mah-battery.

It looks like the one in the pic here and has the same numbers:http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-evolution-lv-low-voltage-kit-black

Good morning Niceone. The batt you need for the 3.7volt LV EVOLUTION is the AW17670's (one of these is included in the full kit). Here is the link:

http://thermovape.com/collections/batteries/products/7670-3-7v-1600mah-battery

Hope this helps the "arts"
NoName

JoeKickass,
Reactions: NoName

niceone

Thanks Joe, I am definitely hoping to find out what I need to know and make an order this weekend.

You FC guys are the fastest and clearest route to the info! It's like you all took a class I missed in high school.

niceone,

JoeKickass

Thanks NoName, much appreciated!

Unfortunately I came up with another question in the meantime:

Do these mouthpieces...

http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-mouthpiece-black

http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-mouthpiece-black-long-version

... fit the Evo? The webpages say they fit the Thermovape, but I don't know if that just means the original T1 (which I'm pretty sure is larger).

Yeah the evo seems to take any 510 or similar sized mouthpiece (m601 too ime)

All the mouthpieces on their site are interchangeable with all their devices

JoeKickass,

NoName

Thanks Joe (for bringing this to my attention. Damn, I really need to get a better handle on posting in these forums. Is there a'user's guide available for those of us with 'brain fog'?

NoName,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
it's easy, just go past the last (/quote) and then start typing. or if you want to type inside the quote, change the color of the text, the icon above the text box that has a giant A with a little gray box under it, click the arrow next to the A and a color chart will pop up, you can make your text stand out by making it green or blue etc...

jambandphan03,
Reactions: NoName

NoName

it's easy, just go past the last (/quote) and then start typing. or if you want to type inside the quote, change the color of the text, the icon above the text box that has a giant A with a little gray box under it, click the arrow next to the A and a color chart will pop up, you can make your text stand out by making it green or blue etc...
Thanks Jam. Great tips- I hope this post is successful.
NoName

Edit: WOOHOO!! I think I got it (LOL)

Cinnamonster

Salutations FC!

Have any of you tried an Evo LV on an Alpha Ultra? I know it's capable of running the Evo LV, but does it really get too hot to use?
I've also read the 17670's have enough energy for two "bowls", so a fully charged 14500 would only be good for one "bowl", right?

Oh and when compared to the MFLB, which produces better tasting vapor? :)

Thanks. Ah. Tom Hank's name -> T. Hanks haha.

Cinnamonster,

Polmol

No, 15 good inhalations would be the upper end of the range for the Evolution at 6V.

However the Evolution at 3.7V (assuming your are using our kit with a 1600mAh 17670) you could get 50+ good inhalations, not much more then that.

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

What would be the reason to get the 6V kit instead of the of the 3.7V, since both kits are the same price and the 3.7V has way more hits?

Polmol,
6v=Fatter hits
3.7= more hits that are less dense
I got the 6v and I like the faster heat up time. I think saw someone saw they had to hold the 3.7 volt button for upwards of 20 seconds for it to reach its brightest glow.

VaporBoxed,

Polmol

Fatter is better. thanks

When the battery is dead how long does it take to charge it approx.?

Polmol,

mlo4sho

Very interesting, I tried to combust without success. You must be more dedicated than I am? I've had trouble getting past step 2, however. I'll preheat enough (I think, I don't recall it happening inside where I have a clock to watch come to think of it), then pull a whole lung full trying to preheat to vaporization but not get a solid 'test puff' at the end of it. My solution is to reset, let it run for 20 seconds for another stage 1 then start the preheat pull for 2 all over. Several times step 3 has gotten away from me. I'll have it good and hot in the core and start to honk on it for a heavy hit (the one I've been working on for a while and figure I have coming) only to get carried away....and take way more than I intended. It happens fast, catching me by surprise....a pleasant surprise for sure, but one best sitting down and ready for.

Where along the line do you get combustion?

TIA

OF

Well, one time I was drawing on the Evo when it combusted. The other time I must have spaced out holding the switch because smoke started pouring out of the bowl once I removed the mouthpiece. I am not sure what caused this. I thought it might be because I let way too much heat build up and took too long of a draw. It's not something I worry about because it's only happened twice but it is sort of there when I take those long, lung-busting draws. My only other thought is that the ambient temperature could have potentially aided in the combustion. It's been a bit hotter in my "vaping room" than usual so I'm thinking that may have also affected the outcome. Anyways, I appreciate your reply and I am going to continue working on my technique until I have perfected it. Cheers!

mlo4sho,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have been using mine for about 4 sessions now. I have not been able to get much vapor. I think out of all my sessions I got one cloud of wispy vapor. The rest of my hits came with no visible vapor. To use it I find I have to hold the battery in the on position constantly. It causes it to get pretty hot.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried many different speeds of inhaling. I have also tried various grind density and packing density. Nothing seems to help me make visible vapor.

So far it seems pretty stealthy. I used it during intermission at a play. I used it on the sidewalk with all the other smokers. One guy who was rolling his own cigarette gave me a look. I figured he knew what I was doing. I even did it in the theater at my seat during intermission. No one seemed to notice.

Slightly Medicated,

OF

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried many different speeds of inhaling. I have also tried various grind density and packing density. Nothing seems to help me make visible vapor.

Sounds to me like you're not hitting it right. You're treating it like other vapes?

We've discussed this in some detail in the last few days (and before that), please go check out post 1053 and see if that helps?

Thanks.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sounds to me like they are not letting it fully heat initially, then possibly pulling too much air in, cooling it just enough to keep vapor production low, but allowing enough heat to make the unit hot. I did this a few times over and could not figure out what I was doing wrong. On a cold start, try holding it for 20 sec. then start a slow steady draw, then as you taste the vapor and feel the heat building up, increase the draw to pull more hot air through. I know it can be frustrating when it seems like it's getting hot but not producing. Now that I have my timing down, I get good solid hits every time, until the load is spent or the batteries get low.
Always try to start a fresh load with fresh batteries, until you get the hang of it.

jambandphan03,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
This is the only way I could get physical vapor. I hold it on for about 1-2 minutes till I feel it get warm in my hand. Then I do very slow/medium draws. I try to make the draws slow enough to hear the noise of the air flowing through the device. I hit it like that for about 10-30 seconds. Then I will speed up some once it has heated. The whole time I leave the device in the on position. I find if I turn it off at all then I will never get any visible vapor.

I tried your method as well just now. I did not get much of an improvement in the vapor, although there was some. I will keep working with that method to see if I can improve my results.

I think I just need to keep testing it out. Maybe I would do better with some higher voltage batteries. I was trying to look for some 6v AW batteries like others are discussing but I got lost and count not find a good link to them :( I will keep looking and if I find a pair I will link them here before I buy.

Slightly Medicated,
Top Bottom