Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

NoName

Everyone,

This Mothers Day show your mom (sister, daughter or whatever the case may be) how much you love her with a ThermoVape!

Till Sunday night at midnight use Promo Code 'ILOVEMOM" and get 25% off your order!!!

Cheers,

Thanks ThermoVape-I imagine there will be many 'MOMSLOVETIM' when word gets around (LOL). I'm sure that I'll be visiting the 'store' but (boo-hoo) no AW17670 batts left.

Tim

NoName,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
If you like large clouds but are having trouble getting them with your evo check out this little experiment.

This was the second time I tried this. I am sure I can do better. ... I tried it a couple more times and one time I went to long and it tasted close to smokey.

Nice experiment, Bruno! For shits and giggles I tried this with a PD stem. It didn't work very well as the PD stem is a smaller diameter and lets too much air in. I'll try it later with a zap stem.

Warning: if you do try this, please be careful as the Evo gets very hot and without the protective cover it will give you an owie if you touch it when hot.

:2c:

Stu,

OF

My adapter from e cigz got a try out today and to my dismay:bang: it does not let air in to the omi cart. It has a center hole. Can someone explain how to mod it and what tools I will need ? Thanks

Sure, it's easy enough to do. I use a small file to file a pair of notches in the top rim. If you look at the photos JKA posted just after your post you'll see there are four notches on the top edge of the TV adapter and also the Persei socket. This is how air normally gets into the cart. It's just easier to file two slightly deeper slots than four more shallow ones. The first one I did I did with the corner of a larger file so the notches are vee shaped. It's brass with chrome plate, it files real easy. A fingernail file would probably do it. You could also make a very shallow cut with a hacksaw. I threaded the adapter into the power supply first so I'd have a handle.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was wondering about the AW lifepo4 3v batteries. Do those charge on the Tenergy charger? Are they any better than the Tenergy? I have 12 Tenergy batteries now, but wouldn't mind getting a few of the AW brand if they are noticeably better, and work with the same charger.

jambandphan03,
Ugh.

I'm not particularly enjoying my evo LV so far. I'm having a hard time getting vapor. I've looked, and seen that it takes around 22 secs to get the brightest orange. So, I do a warm up of 25-30 secs, start pulling slowly for around 20 secs and blow out a tiny whisp. I keep the switch engaged and have done everything from a huge-ass haul, to an MFLB type draw and get the same faint vapor.

I've done the "hold the switch from start to last vape" method, and the draw, let off, charge up 10 secs and hold while drawing method" and I get the same, very faint vapor that I can't feel entering my lungs.

I get 5-6 draws per fill and the ABV is very light brown. Crumbly to dust, but light light brown.

Am I missing something?

Cheers.

Reverend Irreverent,

Polmol

I'm really tempted by this little machine, especially with that sweet discount.

I'm not sure if it's suited for me though. I don't vaporize a lot, maybe 1 or 2 hits before going to bed except on weekends where I hit all night. I have a gn0me which I love, but my main reason for getting the evolution would be stealth, like for a concert or something. I'd look pretty stupid with my butane torch at the Leonard Cohen concert, for instance.

I got a couple of questions:

Is the cart built for long-term use or does it have a lifespan? If it does have a lifespan, then why? What would explain the need to change it?

For my fellow gn0mers who own an Evolution: is the taste as magnificent with the Evo as it is with the Gn0me?

thanks buds

Polmol,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Polmol, i am not 100% sure but i don't think the EVO uses a cart, neither does the T1.

The taste should be similar, but the gn0me will most likely win. :D

vorrange,
Reactions: Polmol

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Is the cart built for long-term use or does it have a lifespan? If it does have a lifespan, then why? What would explain the need to change it?

It's built to last IMO. No need to change it.

For my fellow gn0mers who own an Evolution: is the taste as magnificent with the Evo as it is with the Gn0me?

The taste is good, but nothing like the blast of freshly vaped fog sliding through the glass gn0me and slamming into your tastebuds. :cool:

:peace:

Stu,

Polmol

Polmol, i am not 100% sure but i don't think the EVO uses a cart, neither does the T1.

The taste should be similar, but the gn0me will most likely win. :D

yeah I'm kinda new with the vape terminology, so when I say cart I probably mean adapter ;)

Polmol,

PB88123

Vaporist
I'm really tempted by this little machine, especially with that sweet discount.

I'm not sure if it's suited for me though. I don't vaporize a lot, maybe 1 or 2 hits before going to bed except on weekends where I hit all night. I have a gn0me which I love, but my main reason for getting the evolution would be stealth, like for a concert or something. I'd look pretty stupid with my butane torch at the Leonard Cohen concert, for instance.

thanks buds

I believe this will be a good device for a small amount of hits. With the 6v you have a short warm up time and can easily take 2-4 hits in just a couple minutes while other devices will take a couple minutes just to get to the right temperature.

Re: Lifespan - it's made to last a long time. Here is what the makers said that could reduce the lifespan.

What will wear the core out is abuse more then use. So if you put anything other then flowers into the Thermovape or Evolution, (i.e. that is why there is a separate unit made for oils and concentrates) then that could leak down into the core and shorten functional life.

If you use harsh chemicals or solvents to clean the core (we recommend boiling) that could reduce functional life.

If you use other types of batteries that may/may not reduce functional life.

If you blow compressed air on to the coil while it is hot, that will reduce life.

If you pour/douse/submerge the core (while it is hot) with water then that will reduce the functional life.

If you just run the device flat out, without actually drawing air through it, over and over, this may reduce functional life (the air flow through the device cools the coils and reduces thermal stress on the core).

PB88123,

Polmol

I believe this will be a good device for a small amount of hits. With the 6v you have a short warm up time and can easily take 2-4 hits in just a couple minutes while other devices will take a couple minutes just to get to the right temperature.

Re: Lifespan - it's made to last a long time. Here is what the makers said that could reduce the lifespan.

What will wear the core out is abuse more then use. So if you put anything other then flowers into the Thermovape or Evolution, (i.e. that is why there is a separate unit made for oils and concentrates) then that could leak down into the core and shorten functional life.

If you use harsh chemicals or solvents to clean the core (we recommend boiling) that could reduce functional life.

If you use other types of batteries that may/may not reduce functional life.

If you blow compressed air on to the coil while it is hot, that will reduce life.

If you pour/douse/submerge the core (while it is hot) with water then that will reduce the functional life.

If you just run the device flat out, without actually drawing air through it, over and over, this may reduce functional life (the air flow through the device cools the coils and reduces thermal stress on the core).

very good to know, thanks!

okay, time to go play some musak :rockon:

Polmol,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I am considering an Evolution to replace my MFLB ( the gf will be taking care of the magic box. ). :)

If you had to choose between the 6V and the 3,7V which one would you take?

I am thinking the 6V would be nice because i could eventually get a T1, although i think most would not get a T1 if they had the EVO.

I also believe i read about the 3,7V lasting a little longer than the 6V, although not by much.

The last thing i am weighing in is Pipe's PA and the longevity of the bateries.

Which will be more expensive in the long run? The LifePo4 3.0V or the 3.7v?

vorrange,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I find the 3.7 works just as good as the 6v, and only needs one battery, so you don't have uneven discharge happening with the stacked batteries. Sometimes one of the 2 3.0 lifepo batteries will run out before the other does, I can see this when I put them on to charge. One will turn the light bright red instantly, the other will slowly fade on as if there was almost no juice left in the cell. There is the advantage of being able to use the T1 if you get the 6v version, but you can always get new batteries and the T1 top later if you chose to go with the 3.7v. It's a tough call, advantages to both.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: vorrange

mlo4sho

My Evolution doesn't seem to be hitting as hard as when I first got it. Does anyone know what could be wrong or if it's just me? Is it the batteries? I don't know... yesterday and today it just seems like I'm not getting as much vapor as I'm used to. I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it. Has anyone experienced this?

EDIT: Yeah I just tested it again. It's definitely not performing like it was. The bowl is done and roasted evenly but I feel like I never got a hit. All blue/wispy vapor even when the device is hot enough to burn me. It' s not a technique issue; I was blowing clouds on par with my DBV. I'm concerned and don't really have the money to fix this right now so I hope someone can help figure this out. Thanks for reading.

mlo4sho,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I find the 3.7 works just as good as the 6v, and only needs one battery, so you don't have uneven discharge happening with the stacked batteries. Sometimes one of the 2 3.0 lifepo batteries will run out before the other does, I can see this when I put them on to charge. One will turn the light bright red instantly, the other will slowly fade on as if there was almost no juice left in the cell. There is the advantage of being able to use the T1 if you get the 6v version, but you can always get new batteries and the T1 top later if you chose to go with the 3.7v. It's a tough call, advantages to both.

Uneven discharging is a bitch. :D Part of my concern about the batteries is because i am yet to find a suitable place to buy them in the EU. I don't want to ship batteries from the US, each time i need more or if they get lost or fail on me.

vorrange,

PB88123

Vaporist
Ugh.

I'm not particularly enjoying my evo LV so far. I'm having a hard time getting vapor. I've looked, and seen that it takes around 22 secs to get the brightest orange. So, I do a warm up of 25-30 secs, start pulling slowly for around 20 secs and blow out a tiny whisp. I keep the switch engaged and have done everything from a huge-ass haul, to an MFLB type draw and get the same faint vapor.

I've done the "hold the switch from start to last vape" method, and the draw, let off, charge up 10 secs and hold while drawing method" and I get the same, very faint vapor that I can't feel entering my lungs.

I get 5-6 draws per fill and the ABV is very light brown. Crumbly to dust, but light light brown.

Am I missing something?

Cheers.

You might be pulling too slowly / not hard enough. You need to pull air into the core and up through the herb and into your mouth. You want a constant strong / steady pull but not too fast. Sounds like you are heating it up long enough. Make sure you are filling it to the top and not packing it down.

My Evolution doesn't seem to be hitting as hard as when I first got it. Does anyone know what could be wrong or if it's just me? Is it the batteries? I don't know... yesterday and today it just seems like I'm not getting as much vapor as I'm used to. I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it. Has anyone experienced this?

EDIT: Yeah I just tested it again. It's definitely not performing like it was. The bowl is done and roasted evenly but I feel like I never got a hit. All blue/wispy vapor even when the device is hot enough to burn me. It' s not a technique issue; I was blowing clouds on par with my DBV. I'm concerned and don't really have the money to fix this right now so I hope someone can help figure this out. Thanks for reading.

I would turn the EVO on while empty in a dark room and look to make sure the core is getting really orange. From that you'll know if the batteries are giving enough juice to get it hot enough.

I would also make sure everything is screwed in tight. The EVO cover should be fully seated. So check that too. I don't have the EVO but hopefully this might help you find the problem.

PB88123,

mlo4sho

which voltage are you using?
6v

You might be pulling too slowly / not hard enough. You need to pull air into the core and up through the herb and into your mouth. You want a constant strong / steady pull but not too fast. Sounds like you are heating it up long enough. Make sure you are filling it to the top and not packing it down.

I would turn the EVO on while empty in a dark room and look to make sure the core is getting really orange. From that you'll know if the batteries are giving enough juice to get it hot enough.

I would also make sure everything is screwed in tight. I read that the EVO cover shouldn't be pushed all the way down. So check that too. I don't have the EVO but hopefully this might help you find the problem.

I'll try heating up in a dark room. The rest is fine as far as I can tell.

mlo4sho,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Top couple of problems that ma be causing performance reduction:

Make sure the insulating body in seated. Meaning pushed down. It is meant to firmly engage with the Evolution Chamber. Otherwise you may have a air gap, making your vapor wispy.

Try a different set of batteries. One bad/weak battery can drop performance remarkable.

Have you changed strains? Different strains seem to perform differently in terms of vapor production.

Hopefully maybe one of those will help.

You will not have to spend money to fix a ThermoVape product. We warranty the device. It either performs correctly or we will get one in your hands that does.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,
Reactions: Sinclue

OF

Ugh.

Am I missing something?

Cheers.

You're not getting hot enough, at least that's what it seems like. 22 seconds is too long I think. What are you running it on? I've no idea about the other methods you talk about but it sounds like you're doing things close enough to right that you should be there.....except you're not. So I'm thinking that the core is basically cooled off by the time it comes to hit. You're just not producing enough heat in the 30 seconds or so lead up to replace the heat you're using.

So, I'm back to that time. It seems too long to me. What are you using to drive it and how confident are you the battery is charged correcty?

TIA

OF

OF,

mlo4sho

Thanks for the replies Tim & folks. I think it may be a bad/weak set of batteries. Just had a decent bowl with my other set of batteries and I want to say the session went well. I'm still using the same strain as before so nothing has changed. I think I may need some new batteries but is it normal for them to have such a short life? I've only used them for like 2-3 weeks. Anyways, thanks for the help. I will continue to keep an eye on things until all is well.

mlo4sho,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was wondering about the AW lifepo4 3v batteries. Do those charge on the Tenergy charger? Are they any better than the Tenergy? I have 12 Tenergy batteries now, but wouldn't mind getting a few of the AW brand if they are noticeably better, and work with the same charger.
Just bumping this down, since the topic of bad batteries came up...

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom