Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Ah! Good idea, then again what else should I expect from these guys. Thanks for the clarification, OF.

Those Stainless Steel Pins (Made in the USA) prevent the insulating sleeve from rotating when warm (as OF stated).

The receptacles that the pins fit into on the interface serve only the function of receiving the pins, they do not contribute to the performance of the interface with RES unit attached.

Adding the pins allowed us to keep the height of the interface, and by relation the height of the fully assembled unit shorter and more pocket friendly.

Plus we think it nice to know you have an interface you can build off of with tank systems if that is something that interests you, and that top threaded interface gives us a well tested platform to build off of for future accessories.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thank you! We think it looks pretty good too :D

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Thanks for the update TV!! And that is one good looking vaporizer! :brow: has kind of a H R Giger look to it.

IYvQt.jpg

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
Those Stainless Steel Pins (Made in the USA) prevent the insulating sleeve from rotating when warm (as OF stated).

The receptacles that the pins fit into on the interface serve only the function of receiving the pins, they do not contribute to the performance of the interface with RES unit attached.

Adding the pins allowed us to keep the height of the interface, and by relation the height of the fully assembled unit shorter and more pocket friendly.

Plus we think it nice to know you have an interface you can build off of with tank systems if that is something that interests you, and that top threaded interface gives us a well tested platform to build off of for future accessories.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

So is this a hint about a new tank system coming, hopefully for oils? Because, that would just be incredible.
You guys just never sleep over there, right?

QuantumTimeSpace,
Reactions: Bluntcrush
One quick question before i order my LV evo.... Could i use my protected 3.7v 18650 3100mAh batteries?

VaporBoxed,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
One quick question before i order my LV evo.... Could i use my protected 3.7v 18650 3100mAh batteries?
Right now the EvoLV only works with the 17670 battery, but there is talk of some kind of future upgrade so the 18650 batteries can be used, I hope sometime soon. Not sure if it will be an extension for the battery sleeve, or what, it's still a mystery at this point for us on this side of the curtain.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So... how does this look? Anyone have any corrections or changes? I thought it would be nice for some kind of how to step by step list that was relatively easy to follow that can be copy/pasted for people who are having trouble getting the Evo to work well for them, based on what we have been discussing for the past week or so. Please feel free to mention any other key points that I may have missed.

Easy step by step guide for using the Evo.
1. Load dry, med ground botanical, loosely fill heat chamber to the top.
2. Make sure O ring is on the last groove of the heat core just above the threaded portion.
3. Place cap on heat core, and be sure it is firmly pressed down as far as it will go, use a twisting motion when you push down to slide it over O ring to avoid rolling or moving the O ring.
4. Insert fresh charged batteries
5. Activate and hold switch for initial heat up.
count 10+ seconds for 6v
count 15+ seconds for 3.7v
6. Keep switch activated and slowly, gently inhale for 10-20+ seconds gradually increase the inhale as you get closer to the end. Release switch.
7. Blow out vapor cloud. (might be less vapor at the beginning)
8. To repeat after first warm up, give a 5-10+ second heat up between draws.
9. Always best to heat a few seconds longer than to inhale too soon and cool down the heat core before it gets up to vaping temperatures, which will heat the unit, but won't give you vapor.
10. When in doubt of heat up time, empty the bowl and watch the heat core, counting how long it takes to get fully activated and glowing it's brightest, then add a few more seconds for the heat to stabilize, and that is your warm up time to follow.
11. Change batteries to fresh charged between every couple of loads, for best performance, if possible.
12. Enjoy, smile, relax, reload, repeat.

Yes, I see the irony of this being 12 steps :lol:

This is meant to be a basic guide, and each person will fine tune their experience once they understand how to use it.

Here is a few shots of the new Insulated Interface:

DSC_0049-1.jpg

ThermoVapeparts_-139-1.jpg

With the Delrin Insulating Piece Removed the top threaded interface is visible. This interface allows for attachment of our RES liquid tank system and will be utilized in future tank systems.

We really hope you guys like having access to all the parts, components and accessories that we manufacture. Let us know what you think!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Is the new Insulated Interface 510 thread both sides... So basically an insulated 510 extender w/more future capabilities?
TIA
Edit: Looking further into it, I don't think it is, wish it was, but I think it threads to the TV body...wishfull thinking, maybe, maybe not?

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I think it replaces the rounded battery cap, w/ activator switch inside, so yes, it should connect directly to the body.

Just got through cruising the Thermovape website, things are looking good in there!! The only parts I couldn't find yet was the battery body parts/sleeves ect. There sure is a lot of stuff on there now, and it's nice to know I can get a single part, or add to what I already have. Thanks for the selection TV!! :tup:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush
Your right Jam, thanks.

TV will you make that as a 510 delrin insulated extender? Similar to the New Interface. Please, for us that don't own a TV power supply? And hey it might be big in the ecig market also.

havealight101,
Hey guys, I think i just ordered the evo for $15 less than normal price. I just bought the single pieces. Will this work? Are the only 2 pieces in the evolution are the $35 vape part and the $10 heatercover? I feel kinda douchy taking advantage of this but i just hope I will have a fully working vape with no missing pieces.

VaporBoxed,
Hey guys, I think i just ordered the evo for $15 less than normal price. I just bought the single pieces. Will this work? Are the only 2 pieces in the evolution are the $35 vape part and the $10 heatercover? I feel kinda douchy taking advantage of this but i just hope I will have a fully working vape with no missing pieces.
I think you'll be missing a mouth piece, that's it I think. Shhh

havealight101,
Reactions: VaporBoxed

jambandphan03

in flavor country

Also, you might not get the O ring that helps keep the cap in place.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: VaporBoxed

JoeKickass

Yeah the revolution & dart are $10 plus $35 if you buy them in pieces too. I never complained about the price, but to be told so blatantly that you were over-charged by 33.3%...

I don't even use the TV mouthpieces (and the o-ring is free)...

:disgust:

JoeKickass,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I won't complain about lower prices for parts. I saw this on the TV Facebook Page, it might explain why prices are getting lower now that they have more machines working for them.

At Thermo Essence Technologies we are always making improvements in the manufacturing of our devices. We have recently invested a great deal into the addition of a new 6-axis CNC lathe to improve our machining efficiency and speed.

With every new CNC machine, there is an initial learning period to get it to full operating speed. This period is now over and we have doubled production, we are passing the savings down to you!

OF

See, the issue is, I don't think I make extra money quick enough to keep up with all this goodness you all keep producing. Don't stop, I'm just sayin..... LOL:rofl:

Time to seriously think about a part time job for 'pin money' then isn't it? Fun idea, pin money, look it up some time.... I think it fits here.

Then again, got a kid old enough for a paper route yet?

Right now the EvoLV only works with the 17670 battery, but there is talk of some kind of future upgrade so the 18650 batteries can be used, I hope sometime soon. Not sure if it will be an extension for the battery sleeve, or what, it's still a mystery at this point for us on this side of the curtain.

It's also worth noting that there's more to it than physical size (18XXX won't fit the tubes) and capacity (not all batteries will provide the high current rates we need). I'd stick to approved types.

Yeah the revolution & dart are $10 plus $35 if you buy them in pieces too. I never complained about the price, but to be told so blatantly that you were over-charged by 33.3%...

I don't even use the TV mouthpieces (and the o-ring is free)...

:disgust:

Joe, I honestly think this is over the line. Nobody overcharged you for anything. You willingly bought what was offered at the agreed to price. This is first cousin to being happy with your pay until you find out someone else is being paid more. But more importantly TV has gone to extreme care to be as fair as possible to 'early adopters' and to infer you've been cheated by them is simply not right. I think you do them a great discredit.

OF

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
Time to seriously think about a part time job for 'pin money' then isn't it? Fun idea, pin money, look it up some time.... I think it fits here.

Then again, got a kid old enough for a paper route yet?

It's also worth noting that there's more to it than physical size (18XXX won't fit the tubes) and capacity (not all batteries will provide the high current rates we need). I'd stick to approved types.

Joe, I honestly think this is over the line. Nobody overcharged you for anything. You willingly bought what was offered at the agreed to price. This is first cousin to being happy with your pay until you find out someone else is being paid more. But more importantly TV has gone to extreme care to be as fair as possible to 'early adopters' and to infer you've been cheated by them is simply not right. I think you do them a great discredit.

OF

Hehe yea my daughter is just about old enough, and she has a bike. Looks like it's time ta put her to work!

Here is this, I'm no fanboi at all here, haven't touched my LV evo in 2 weeks. With that said, we can't complain about stuff getting cheaper, man I think its nice. Not to many companies will pass the savings on like that. It gave me the gull to order a Dart(minus mouthpiece). Now I won't say I wasn't disappointed when I saw the black one, being told it wouldn't be available early on, but hey, its only $10 bucks for the shell. Thanks TV, I guess your starting to grow on me.

havealight101,

JoeKickass

This is first cousin to being happy with your pay until you find out someone else is being paid more.

I know I said I wouldn't complain but I guess my feelings shone through...

And that's exactly how it feels, except they hired the brand new guy for 33% more than they pay me.

If they really did "lower their prices" why are the assembled devices (which most first-time consumers are likely to buy) still 33.3% more than the new, sneaky way of buying them?

JoeKickass,
Joe, my thought is that they always said they want an economical way to replace your core after warranty period, and they acted upon it. Not everyone has mouthpieces floating around, so I think full units will still sell, but not to me.
I still don't see where complaining about a price drop is gonna get us(I do see, but don't like), if I remember correctly, another manufacturer is going to up the price of their smaller unit, to make it not capped at 3.7v. My 2 pennies.

havealight101,

JoeKickass

Joe, my thought is that they always said they want an economical way to replace your core after warranty period, and they acted upon it. Not everyone has mouthpieces floating around, so I think full units will still sell, but not to me.
I still don't see where complaining about a price drop is gonna get us(I do see, but don't like), if I remember correctly, another manufacturer is going to up the price of their smaller unit, to make it not capped at 3.7v. My 2 pennies.

Ok well I don't mind that I paid what I paid, that was a decision at the time.

What I'm saying is that if they can really afford to sell the unit at that price in bits, why not change the price of the assembled unit to $45 to reflect this new technology upgrade?

I already have an evo and a revolution so this wouldn't even affect me, I just can't imagine someone who just bought a $60 device not caring that he paid $15 more than he needed to...

JoeKickass,
Top Bottom