Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

OF

I know I said I wouldn't complain but I guess my feelings shone through...

And that's exactly how it feels, except they hired the brand new guy for 33% more than they pay me.

If they really did "lower their prices" why are the assembled devices (which most first-time consumers are likely to buy) still 33.3% more than the new, sneaky way of buying them?

Works for me Joe. Every guy should have his opinion have weight in my book. My opinion simply differs from yours a mite. We draw lines in different places is all, we don't draw blood or ill will so I see such exchanges to be most healthy, really. I think under such conditions the other fellow's thoughts get more consideration than they normally do in life, most guys are already working on mental arguments to the first part of a sentence from the other fellow before getting to the period.

Thanks for keeping it real.

OF

OF,
I understand, and no a mouthpiece isn't worth 10-15 bucks to me or many people. That is fair. But I see a lot more good than bad out of these parts being available individually. Let's put it this way, if I were to replace my $1000 wet saw with a $4000 wet saw that makes we work faster, I sure sh-t am not going to lower my pricing. So I think its pretty sweet that they did.
Alright, I'm done defending a company that I don't use their products(yet)... Were all allowed our own opinions, and I respect yours Joe, even if I don't fully understand it.

havealight101,

JoeKickass

Well I have a feeling they might lower it eventually, I just thought by bringing it to their attention they might catch it sooner and save people some $.

But lord knows I've wasted more money on less product countless times before. Their products would be worth it from a cost/benefit point of view even if they cost twice as much.:tup:

I just assumed(making an ass ya ya ya...) that they lowered their costs enough to make that price economical for them, and assumed(look at that...) their website guy was still playing catch up.

:doh:
or
:smug:
?

JoeKickass,
I think under such conditions the other fellow's thoughts get more consideration than they normally do in life, most guys are already working on mental arguments to the first part of a sentence from the other fellow before getting to the period.

OF
Directed @ me? Or am I misunderstanding?

havealight101,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I certainly hope it doesn't make them raise the prices... because there were a few unhappy people. I have seen this happen time and time again, where a new release cost so much, then some time later, when sales are up, and production cost goes down, the price goes down too. This is true for almost anything that is for sale these days. Milk, bread, gas, electronics, etc... those prices fluctuate all over the place, one day I can buy bread for $2.00 another week it's over $4, so not saying you don't have the right to feel the way you do, I just don't think this is a bad thing, that if I want to buy more TV products or parts later, it won't cost as much as it did previously. I remember spending almost $100 for a VHS movie that has become obsolete, and now you can download for a few dollars... or free

**beautiful day here in Eugene, I have been helping catch local "stray" cats to be treated, fixed, and re-released back to the area, so they don't breed or spread some diseases. We've been working with one of the cats, and I was happy to find free vet help for him since that is another expensive :worms: I don't want to open for a street cat.

JoeKickass

I certainly hope it doesn't make them raise the prices... because there were a few unhappy people. I have seen this happen time and time again, where a new release cost so much, then some time later, when sales are up, and production cost goes down, the price goes down too. This is true for almost anything that is for sale these days. Milk, bread, gas, electronics, etc... those prices fluctuate all over the place, one day I can buy bread for $2.00 another week it's over $4, so not saying you don't have the right to feel the way you do, I just don't think this is a bad thing, that if I want to buy more TV products or parts later, it won't cost as much as it did previously. I remember spending almost $100 for a VHS movie that has become obsolete, and now you can download for a few dollars... or free

You kinda missed my point...

I certainly don't want everything to go up to $60 a unit.

I was saying if they can afford to sell the unit in bits for $45, they should probably update their website and lower the price of the whole assembled unit to $45 as well to save needy patients some $, I was just trying to speed that process up by bringing it to their attention. (Actually someone else noticed it first)

Like you said, prices drop.

OF

You kinda missed my point...

I certainly don't want everything to go up to $60 a unit.

I was saying if they can afford to sell the unit in bits for $45, they should probably update their website and lower the price of the whole assembled unit to $45 as well to save needy patients some $, I was just trying to speed that process up by bringing it to their attention. (Actually someone else noticed it first)

I don't think many folks missed the point. I think they have general reason to fear this causing a 'price adjustment' the other way, say adding $15 or more dollars to the cost of the core? If, at this point, they now lower the assembly price how much anger and anguish do you think that would trigger? I'm betting a lot. As I recall we had a similar 'deal' crop up with another vape not too long back, with the net result of the 'sweet deal' being backed off instead. It's no doubt the more common outcome; however I think TV will handle the issue in their typical pro customer style.

Like I said, send ten happy guys into the men's room on payday and have them compare paychecks and I'll give you odds on 8/10 coming out very upset that some other guy (who of course doesn't work half as hard) is making more money. People are like that.

I don't believe that just because their costs go down they should lower their price. That's really none of our business. They have to build cost recovery into their business model somehow. As a customer I think I'd like service parts to be low cost at the expense of higher purchase in lots of cases. One thing I definitely don't want to have happen is for them to figure OK, let's drop the price and try to recover on the next product. That discourages the risk taking (for which they get the profit reward) so they go for more conservative new stuff, or none at all.

In the end, I've put way more than $15 in herb though mine. Way more. With even more to come. I know each guy's money is dear to him and all, but I see this as far less than the sales tax on that herb??

Great spring day here, time to get back to the garden..... Best wishes to all.

OF

B.

War Criminal
I certainly hope it doesn't make them raise the prices... because there were a few unhappy people. I have seen this happen time and time again, where a new release cost so much, then some time later, when sales are up, and production cost goes down, the price goes down too. This is true for almost anything that is for sale these days. Milk, bread, gas, electronics, etc... those prices fluctuate all over the place, one day I can buy bread for $2.00 another week it's over $4, so not saying you don't have the right to feel the way you do, I just don't think this is a bad thing, that if I want to buy more TV products or parts later, it won't cost as much as it did previously. I remember spending almost $100 for a VHS movie that has become obsolete, and now you can download for a few dollars... or

Slight derail...what movie?

**beautiful day here in Eugene, I have been helping catch local "stray" cats to be treated, fixed, and re-released back to the area, so they don't breed or spread some diseases. We've been working with one of the cats, and I was happy to find free vet help for him since that is another expensive :worms: I don't want to open for a street cat.

B.,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The $45 does not include a mouth piece or o-rings (as far as I know). Buy the mouth piece for $8.97 and the oring package for $2.97 and you end up saving around $3-$4 is how I see it.

Yep, that's the deal. No Mouthpiece, nor mouthpiece O-ring. Plus the tube we ship the cores in is smaller and a little less expensive. There is not that big of discrepancy. We have the pricing were it should be.

If we produce more units over time our cost decrease, we pass this savings on. If materials cost change drastically one way or another, that too would be reflected in our pricing. Fortunately we order our Aluminum well in advance to optimize cost.

The message we hope is clear, is that we our working very, very hard to deliver the highest quality products we can at absolutely the lowest prices we can.

If you like what we we do, spread the word, keep us making vaporizers. We will do everything we can to make the best possible vaporizers we can manufacture, out of the best materials, right here in the USA.

We want to make our products as affordable as possible, our margin is razor thin. If we wanted to get rich we would have everything made in China and quadruple our margin. We want our products to be accessible and affordable. We work daily towards improving our products to meet that goal.

If you enjoy having access to all of our parts, let us know. If you don't, let us know. If three is anything we can do better, products you would like changed, or new products or accessories you would like to see us make, let us know. We are listening.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Your right Jam, thanks.

TV will you make that as a 510 delrin insulated extender? Similar to the New Interface. Please, for us that don't own a TV power supply? And hey it might be big in the ecig market also.
I like them available in parts. Also, did you see this one? ...."If you build it, they will come"

havealight101,

OF

If three is anything we can do better, products you would like changed, or new products or accessories you would like to see us make, let us know. We are listening.

Great offer, thanks. How about making a toaster that doesn't burn the bread? It's been a long time coming, you know......

OF

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Your right Jam, thanks.

TV will you make that as a 510 delrin insulated extender? Similar to the New Interface. Please, for us that don't own a TV power supply? And hey it might be big in the ecig market also.

I must of been a little delirious last night, I did not catch what this request was for. What we are working on is an adapter/interface that takes any thermovape interface and gives it a male 510 thread, so it could then be used on e-cig 510 power platforms.

It is firmly on the "To Do" list.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

jambandphan03

in flavor country
TV Team, y'all have definitely raised the bar on this size portable device. After using so many low quality "made in china" batteries and mods, the quality of the TV product shines through, and I love how malleable the company is with customer feedback and requests.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Peloton

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Great offer, thanks. How about making a toaster that doesn't burn the bread? It's been a long time coming, you know......

OF

We could, we have the right wire to do it ;).

For you we could probably build you one for not a penny over $5,000. For that will could make you a "toast vaporizer", or a toaster made by a vaporizer company, or alternatively a toaster that makes toast that looks like a vaporizer... your choice. Let's talk about it more.

TV Team, y'all have definitely raised the bar on this size portable device. After using so many low quality "made in china" batteries and mods, the quality of the TV product shines through, and I love how malleable the company is with customer feedback and requests.

Thank you! your support is much appreciated. We will keep doing our best to meet the needs of our customers and develop the products you guys want. Best part of the job for sure.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

jambandphan03

in flavor country
They're looking for a thermally insulating, electrically conducting, M/F standoff to space the Evolution up high enough to clear the PB switch on top of some supplies. Also, to limit heat transfer down into the supply.

Or so I think.

OF
Basically, an insulated 510-510 adapter. :D

A wheat home brew, Evo and a sunny afternoon on the back deck makes for a nice Sunday!:cheers:

They're looking for a thermally insulating, electrically conducting, M/F standoff to space the Evolution up high enough to clear the PB switch on top of some supplies. Also, to limit heat transfer down into the supply.

Or so I think.

OF
Basically, an insulated 510-510 adapter. :D

A wheat home brew, Evo and a sunny afternoon on the back deck makes for a nice Sunday!:cheers:

Well put, that is what I was trying to say.

havealight101,

mlo4sho

That black Evo looks ridiculously good! I would like to convert my white evo to a black evo, in time. Approximately how much would this cost? I see the black high temperature insulating body and interface but what about the sleeve that's going to cover the body area? Perhaps not everything is all set with the website yet, but I was just curious as to how much it is going to cost to convert our white evos to a black evo, since this option wasn't available at launch. Cheers

mlo4sho,
Top Bottom