Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Everyone,

For those of you worried about the top cap getting loose when hot, we have your solution!!!

2012-04-24_09-32-19_555.jpg

The o-ring will take up the gap when the unit gets hot, quick easy fix!

For those of you who want one please e-mail us at sales@thermovape.com and we will send you one free of cost. For anyone looking to pick up a Evolution, the O-ring is now a standard part of the core and will come with each one.

Cheers,

Tim

OF

Everyone,

For those of you worried about the top cap getting loose when hot, we have your solution!!!

For those of you who want one please e-mail us at sales@thermovape.com and we will send you one free of cost. For anyone looking to pick up a Evolution, the O-ring is now a standard part of the core and will come with each one.

Great news. I'm not sure it's a problem, but if so nice there's a simple solution. I'll get one and give it a try. Chicken soup, right? "Can't hurt, might help".

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Funny, I tried to go that rout, with an O ring from my drip tip the other day, but it was just not thick enough to make contact with the sleeve.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

Funny, I tried to go that rout, with an O ring from my drip tip the other day, but it was just not thick enough to make contact with the sleeve.

I'm not sure why it's not choking off the air flow myself but figure I'll sort that part out later.

Hey, maybe it's not the size? Bet you didn't have that pretty color???

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:rofl:yeah, those O rings on the drip tips (510) are pretty thin, it did seem to help a little, but I bet those pretty red ones fit nicer, they look at least twice as thick as my little black one.

jambandphan03,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I am starting to wonder what is up, my tracking info has not gone past the electronic notification from Saturday. I hope my package didn't get set aside...
Just PM OF,,,,with all your requests, wonders, bitches, or just plain old druthers regarding the said apparatus. He is the 'go to' down and around the corner. :wave:

Jeppy,
Also, if I have no reason to choose 3.7 or 6.0 specifically, I'm still a little confused about which choice would be better. If this is my first TV and I have no other components that I am trying to match, which one do I want?

Afraid I might have gotten buried at the bottom of the last page. Anybody have any input on this?

TheDudeNextDoor,

elpaso420

sorry kinda noobish, if I wanted the Evolution kit, which im assuming is strictly for flowers, then I would need which conversion kit for concentrates?

elpaso420,

Dj Bass

YES! I do. You should totally go with 3.7 on all these devices in my experience. They seem to work just as well, but with more battery diversity, and handle compatibility (posibility for more hits/better prices) Hope this helps.

Dj Bass,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so far, my only advice in 3.7v vs 6v is possibly the battery choices are better for 3.7v... I don't have any point of reference for performance one, against another. I am sure OF will have a good response, since he has both.

**and the diversity of other 3.7v parts working with your battery

jambandphan03,

B.

War Criminal
If you're going with the evolutution, it seems the LR is the better option as it gives more hits. The rev and the dart come in both if you want to add them on later, and I don't there's a huge difference for these two besides maybe warm up time. If I didn't already have the 6v, and I were ordering today I'd get the LR because of the better performance with the evolution.I'm not 100% on this, but I'm fairly certain the T1 only comes in the HR, so if you want that to be an option you'd have to go HR,but with the evolution in play seems the T1 may be a bit redundant.

Either way you go yer gonna be happy, these are super great tools.

B.,

OF

Afraid I might have gotten buried at the bottom of the last page. Anybody have any input on this?

I think I've answered this several times since first getting the test unit a week or so back. My recommendation continues to be 3.7 Volts. It seems most of the existing 'batteries' (power supplies really, the battery is inside....) are pegged out current wise by this guys thrust for power. 3.3 Amps for Six Volt systems is too much for most, 5 and a half at 3.7 Volts more so. Existing gear is unlikely to help. If you're getting the entire system, this doesn't matter which leaves you with the advantages of longer battery life, simpler charging and lower cost (slight). There's probably more 'other stuff' out there for 3.7 than 6.0 for when you get bored.

OF

PB88123

Vaporist
Also, if I have no reason to choose 3.7 or 6.0 specifically, I'm still a little confused about which choice would be better. If this is my first TV and I have no other components that I am trying to match, which one do I want?

Right now,

3.7V EVO means you can get roughly 25 hits after a 10-15 second warm up.
6V EVO means you can get roughly 15 hits after a 5-10 second warm up.
The T1 means you can get roughly 10 hits after a 5-10 second warm up but you can hold more (twice as much)

sorry kinda noobish, if I wanted the Evolution kit, which im assuming is strictly for flowers, then I would need which conversion kit for concentrates?

You will need to decide on the 6V or 3.7V EVO. Then you can get a LV dart or a 6V dart for $54.99. The LV means a longer warm up time but you will get more hits.

NewVape

What a guy!
@jambandphan03: Thanks for the quick repose. I was confused and don't have much experience with vaping and portables. And just an FYI; I ordered a Evo from TV on Saturday and my tracking went "live" yesterday and my package is in route and currently is in Redwood City CA.

I am sad to say that I have not gotten any responses to similar inquiries I've sent to TVs email. I sent them one with similar questions on Saturday. I realize that they wouldn't respond until Monday, but here it is Tuesday afternoon and I have not even received a "Thanks for emailing us" confirmation. I'm still going to try their product based on all you're recommendations, but I am now wondering about the Customer Service IRL.

NewVape,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Keep in mind, they are probably getting swamped right now, releasing the EVO just a week ago and then having 4/20 weekend, I imagine things are running a little slow right now, at least we got some response from them here in FC about the loose caps. Maybe another email is in order if you really need to hear from them, it was a busy weekend for many vendors. I know I have had the impatient bug too, waiting for my shipping to update. Thanks for sharing your status, I am sure it's a USPS lag. I bought some shoes from ebay last month, they never got past the electronic notification stage, even after they were delivered... hang in there, I have been around for a while, and things may take a little time to work themselves out, but the TV guys try to stay on top of things from what I have seen so far.

jambandphan03,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I think I've answered this several times since first getting the test unit a week or so back. My recommendation continues to be 3.7 Volts. It seems most of the existing 'batteries' (power supplies really, the battery is inside....) are pegged out current wise by this guys thrust for power. 3.3 Amps for Six Volt systems is too much for most, 5 and a half at 3.7 Volts more so. Existing gear is unlikely to help. If you're getting the entire system, this doesn't matter which leaves you with the advantages of longer battery life, simpler charging and lower cost (slight). There's probably more 'other stuff' out there for 3.7 than 6.0 for when you get bored.

OF
does the persei at 3.7v w/ IMR batt meet those needs for the LV?

Bob Loblaw,
Excellent responses everyone. Makes perfect sense now. Thanks for the info.

OF, you probably did post that info in some of the reviews you have added. Trying to learn this vape from the ground up is a bit overwhelming. I was not even conscious of the T1 when the Evo was announced, so I've had a bit of information overload when this suddenly came into the mix in my hunt for a stealth portable.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Mflbparox

Everyone,

2012-04-24_09-32-19_555.jpg

Cheers,

Tim
hey tim check the messages man

Mflbparox,

OF

Excellent responses everyone. Makes perfect sense now. Thanks for the info.

OF, you probably did post that info in some of the reviews you have added. Trying to learn this vape from the ground up is a bit overwhelming. I was not even conscious of the T1 when the Evo was announced, so I've had a bit of information overload when this suddenly came into the mix in my hunt for a stealth portable.

You're very welcome. You bet it's overwhelming, and widespread lack of manuals and on line help doesn't help at all. And add to that the 'mix and match' of various makers parts to make a 'personal best' unit that seems to be evolving (a great thing, IMO, keeps the makers sharp) this will get harder and harder to navigate.

It's kinda like figuring out how to roll joints when you find a lid and papers and have never watched John Wayne roll one. With batteries and chargers and stuff.

The important part is once you short it out you pay yourself back in spades.

Good luck in your quest,

OF

nowonknows

I want one of these, your site doesn't seem to like international customers though. Nate, check your emails :wave:

nowonknows,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
oh good golly geez... still nothing updating on the tracking for my order... I really hope this is just a glitch w/ USPS... I did send TV an email, and still waiting to hear back from them too. Sitting here in limbo....waiting for the time to roll....sitting here in limbo....got some time to search my soul....

Top Bottom