Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

bruno13

insomniac
I got my 6v evo today. Here is my video review with me using it for the very first time. Great success! I am sure it will get even better once I learn how to use it. I put in about 0.1 gram and got many big clouds. I also put on an o-ring and I can confirm it helps keep the cover on.

OF

oh good golly geez... still nothing updating on the tracking for my order... I really hope this is just a glitch w/ USPS... I did send TV an email, and still waiting to hear back from them too. Sitting here in limbo....waiting for the time to roll....sitting here in limbo....got some time to search my soul....

I really hate to see youse guys sweating this. Things did get goofed up the other day when spot shortages stopped shipments after the paperwork was cut, but this is the Post Office we're talking about. I bet more packages get to me thorough them still showing missing that are correctly tracked. I've asked carriers, it seems that scanning packages is treated as optional by employees waiting for retirement. They have a lot of those employees, so they all take turns ignoring the packages.

I'm saying I don't put much stock in PO tracking, and recommend that to others. It gets there when it gets there. Usually without ever hitting a scanner again, near as I can tell. I just checked, I have two packages form last week still coming to me as far as the computer knows.....

Maybe it better where you are?

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
actually, I just got word from TV that my package is going out today, w/ O rings included, so there was a snag, that turned into a happy snag, since now I will have O rings with my kit. Just means I will have it this weekend. I do usually keep track of shipping so I know when to be home, and in most cases the tracking is spot on. Once in a while I do see goofs, but in this case, my package was still at TV. Not a biggie... I just have this Evo-LV heat core staring at me and I can't really use it.

nice video Bruno, esp. using it cold, for the first time. Looks much better than my first attempt with my not so powerful mod.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Keep in mind, they are probably getting swamped right now, releasing the EVO just a week ago and then having 4/20 weekend, I imagine things are running a little slow right now, at least we got some response from them here in FC about the loose caps. I know I have had the impatient bug too, waiting for my shipping to update. Thanks for sharing your status, I am sure it's a USPS lag. I bought some shoes from ebay last month, they never got past the electronic notification stage, even after they were delivered... hang in there, I have been around for a while, and things may take a little time to work themselves out, but the TV guys try to stay on top of things from what I have seen so far.
You are right. USPS tracking is for the birds.

Jeppy,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I got my 6v evo today. Here is my video review with me using it for the very first time. Great success! I am sure it will get even better once I learn how to use it. I put in about 0.1 gram and got many big clouds. I also put on an o-ring and I can confirm it helps keep the cover on.

Sweet video, those look like T1 size exhales to me (I know I know, clouds are wasteful, but how else can we judge the "horsepower" of a vape online other than vapor production?). No stirring and a smaller capacity seems like fair trade offs to be made in the case of the Evo, considering it's primary use as a portable solo vaporizer.

For those of you that have it, does it seem to brown the herb fairly evenly?

Peloton,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
ThermoVape Testimonial Round-up

At ThermoVape we are always interested in hearing how you feel about our products - We care so much that EVERYONE who submits a video or written testimonial about one of our Vaporizers will receive a one time use discount code to be used on their next order.

Rules:
  • We ask that written testimonials be a minimum of 400 words to receive a 15% off coupon
  • We ask that your videos are a minimum of 5 minutes, to receive a 25% off coupon
  • No illicit or illegal drugs may be shown or discussed in videos or written testimonials
  • For official entries, please submit all testimonials to info@thermovape.com with the title as “(Your First and Last Name)’s Testimonial”
We also have some other contests going now, the ThermoVape Video Review Contests and the ThermoVape Photo Contests

Cheers,

ThermoVape

SameOldTim,
Reactions: darkrom

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Ohh, Btw we are working hard trying to get all the e-mails answered for the last few days. Its been very busy around these parts with all our new products. Sorry for the delay we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
For those of you that have it, does it seem to brown the herb fairly evenly?
"Fairly" is an appropriate adjective to use. I do get specks of green and specks of black, but all in all, it's not bad at all for a non-stir device.
:peace:

Stu,

2clicker

Observer
"Fairly" is an appropriate adjective to use. I do get specks of green and specks of black, but all in all, it's not bad at all for a non-stir device.
:peace:

i was getting the same results at first. i realized that i was hitting it too slowly after it was properly warmed up. when its really fucking hot you can pull pretty fast and get great vapor. i have found that adjusting my draw speed has given me very evenly browned flowers. the two loads i vaped today came out looking just like my DBV abv.

to those who have charged their 17670 cells... how long are they taking to charge? mine are taking longer than i would have assumed, but i dont know.

2clicker,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
So to answer any of your questions how the O-ring goes on, here is another picture to help you out.

EVOORING.jpg

Also just cuz i like how the picture looks, here is our full family of products..... this picture gives me goosebumps every time i see it!

DSC_0053.jpg

Cheers,

Tim

2clicker

Observer
for those of you who have the whole kit... how hot does the TV body get during a session? do you feel your able to completely vape a load before it gets it needs to cool down?

i find that my device gets rather hot after waiting for 2 or 3 good pulls. oh im running the 17670 LV setup.

2clicker,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
cool, I guess that is some kind of tank system? too bad I don't use e liquids any more... they look sweet.

**Just did a little youtube homework... nice. If e juice didn't mess with me, I would be all over it, but even VG bothers me so I gave it up.

jambandphan03,
Some really encouraging videos.. Will the LV model run as strong? Will a 650 MAH ego battery push it for more than a five minute session? Any chance of ever getting a stainless steel housing, ala the Revolution/Dart?

charliedontsurf,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I really want to stress that the ego style battery will heat the Evo up, but it will likely destroy your battery after just a few minutes of use. Several people (including myself) have tried it and ruined our battery. I have contacted TV about this but there was no response to that part of my email in the reply. I don't know why this isn't being addressed, but it's happening. The ego style batteries just don't have the capacity to handle the heat or the output required by the EVO-LV to truely power it to peak use, and the heat becomes too much for the electronics in the ego style battery. If you read a few pages back there was some discussion about it.

Just hate to see people ruin their ego batteries like I did trying to make it work.

OF

Hopefully people will learn from your mistakes,,,,I know,,I did. :rockon:

Well a subset will. Some will never find the information in time (some of those got bad advice, some got there on their own). Some others will know better than the rest. Some are just plain curious, don't mind the risk for whatever reason or even like to mess stuff up.

Hopefully most will find and heed the warning.

It's all understandable, unfortunate perhaps, but human nature under these conditions I think? Some will approach things from 'what should I do?', others from 'can I get away with this?'.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It just seems to me that some kind of disclaimer should be on the TV website so people can make an informed choice. Listing it as merely run by 3.7v is misleading. I asked about that specifically in my email and did not get anything back for a reply on that subject. It seems clear to me that people would make the mistake if there is no info steering them away from thinking, oh, I can just use my ego battery for this, like I did. I am not shaken by the fact that my PT battery is now in the trash, it was going to happen eventually, but a premature death for another person's ego batt might be a big deal if it's all they have to work with. Just seems like the responsible thing to do.

Top Bottom