Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

Polmol

Hi guys and girls,

I've been vaping exclusively with the gn0me vaporizer for a while now, for those who don't know it it's an all glass vape, you heat up a section of the glass and then you inhale, air comes in from one end and comes out the other. It really is pure convection.

What I'm wondering about the Evolution and other vapes like it (omicron, Solo, etc) is where does the air come in? I'm jsut wondering if you're inhaling air that has passed through the whole machine, touching the batteries and everthing else along the way?

Polmol,

OF

No, not really. Most of the carts have vent holes just above the threads. Air is drawn in just above the socket, it's drawn down across the bottom of the cart and up the center hole in Omicron and in the side in TV products (never seen Solo). The electronics (when present) and batteries are in another sealed area with it's vent at the bottom of the vape typically.

Not to worry.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ogcook

Polmol

Good to know, thanks!

I'd be curious to get the taste impressions of someone who's used both the Evolution and the gn0me...

Polmol,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The gn0me offers some of the purest taste available. The evolution has very nice taste, too. But I think the edge goes to the gn0me.
:2c:

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am sitting here feeling a bit teased at the moment. I have gone through my supply of e cig batteries, and don't really get to use any of them for the Evolution. The closest contender is the lil'chuck, but it just is not really performing that well either. I guess it's time to bench the Evo until my kit arrives. Unless you have a mod that will work with the AW 17670 Protected Rechargeable Lithium Battery, run on 6v, or if you do not already own a REV/T1 or the like, take my advice, do yourself a favor and get the kit w/ the battery. I can play with it, but it doesn't perform well on anything I have here at the moment... (I know that looks bad :rolleyes:)
I only have myself to blame...:doh: Luckily, I have plenty of other means to medicate proper... :spliff:

**in hind sight, I could have ordered the standard resistance and been able to use it no problem with my 6v battery mod. I had >high< hopes that I was going to be able to use my 3.7 ego batts with it, a day late and a $ short...

jambandphan03,
Reactions: rufrothy

darkrom

Great Scott!
However the Evolution at 3.7V (assuming your are using our kit with a 1600mAh 17670) you could get 50+ good inhalations, not much more then that.

This is where I came up with 50 hits. If that number is pretty accurate I wouldn't mind buying the LV to complement my T1 if the hits are the same. If they are weaker hits because of the lower voltage then I don't know if its for me.

darkrom,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Thermocore Tim said the 50+ puffs in the OP.

EDIT: Nevermind, too late and not entirely right. Blame it on the medicine. :D

vorrange,

JoeKickass

Having just received my tv order, I find this picture comical:
ThermoVape_Evolution_on_Ultra.jpg

The only way to effectively use this combo is to have hands made of heatsink material! :rofl:
(and kevlar pockets!)

But that said, the evolution is impressive on more insulated power sources & the alpha handles the dart and omicron carts beautifully!

JoeKickass,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
exactly why I chose to get a Evo lv + kit, over the Alpha, it would have worked, if it came with a sleeve. I see they could be marketing sleeves as add ons, or to change the color/look of your current device, or as a replacement if you bugger yours up some how... The REV single battery (no kit) shows a sleeve in the picture, as I mentioned earlier, I could have gotten that for $119, but didn't need/want the second REV heat core, as I barely use my first one now that I have the dart. Well, I am sure there are reasons for all of this, but to have to hold anything that heats up too much for very long isn't good.

VAPORIZER22

Having just received my tv order, I find this picture comical:
ThermoVape_Evolution_on_Ultra.jpg

The only way to effectively use this combo is to have hands made of heatsink material! :rofl:
(and kevlar pockets!)

But that said, the evolution is impressive on more insulated power sources & the alpha handles the dart and omicron carts beautifully!

Yea, that is what my set up looks like, Rev with no sleeve. I think for me a sleeve would help a lot with the heat. When I get to temps that produce visible vapor it gets really hot. I ordered my Revolution days after it was released when they came with no sleeves. When I ordered my Evolution I checked to see if I could order a sleeve just in case I may need it but did not see any available.

VAPORIZER22,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, it seems sleeves will be needed for many Rev owners to use the Evolution comfortably...it would be a simple add on for the TV guys to offer on the website :brow: wink wink, nudge nudge...

jambandphan03,

VAPORIZER22

On another note, I packed a bowl last night with my usual herb and some Green Ribbon wax in between. The one bowl had me seriously medicated for hours. I have 3 sets of batteries I cycle through. One of these sets seem to be the "runts" of the litter and last a 1/3 if not 1/2 the length of time as the other two sets. I started with the weak set getting lots of good flavor, little vapor here n there, Rev body was getting plenty hot. I was ready to call it quits looked in the bowl and saw I had more to go. Put in a new set, got 3-4 more really nice visible vapor hits. Was about to pack another bowl when I realized i was I did not need it. Still getting the hang of this thing but with a little trial and error I am finding my sweet spot temp wise getting good hits.

VAPORIZER22,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Alright Stu,,,,I splurged and got the LV Evo. Thanks OF for your neverending fountain of knowledge and bullshit. Jamband,,,thanks for the batt link,,got me squared away.

Jeppy,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yeah, it seems sleeves will be needed for many Rev owners to use the Evolution comfortably...it would be a simple add on for the TV guys to offer on the website :brow: wink wink, nudge nudge...
(and kevlar pockets!)

I'm sure if you guys just shoot the team at TV an e-mail they will get you squared away with Delrin sleeves for your Revolution bodies. If any of you decide to check please report back on the price. TIA.

t-dub,
Reactions: ogcook

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
exactly why I chose to get a second Evo lv + kit, over the Alpha, it would have worked, if it came with a sleeve. I see they could be marketing sleeves as add ons, or to change the color/look of your current device, or as a replacement if you bugger yours up some how... The REV single battery (no kit) shows a sleeve in the picture, as I mentioned earlier, I could have gotten that for $119, but didn't need/want the second REV heat core, as I barely use my first one now that I have the dart. Well, I am sure there are reasons for all of this, but to have to hold anything that heats up too much for very long isn't good.

Please don't hesitate to email us at info@thermovape.com. We want to make sure you got the right set-up and certainly don't want you to be frustrated.

We work to build a range of products that appeal to the preferences of different folks. Some may just be looking for something they can primarily use for their Revolution DART, and they want something small and compact. Then our Ultra Base is a good fit, maybe occasionally they want to take a quick vape, but it is not their main way to medicate. They can throw a Evolution on their Ultra base and be good to go for a few nice vapes. It is also a great 510 ecig platform, very good performance with a AW 14500 IMR bat IMO.

We make the insulated T1 base that excepts 2 X RCR123a Tenergy LiFePO4 batteries for 6V vaping actions, and it will also accept a 17670 (High drain LiMn/IMR or Protected Li-Ion only). This is our heavy hitter in terms of power platforms.This is more geared for folks who want the most out of their vape, it holds the largest batteries and can take the most heat.

I think we should be able to find the right fit fr you, please, we would love to hear from you. It is kind of a holiday weekend fr us, but we will get you taken care of Monday. If you have bought something from us and don't like it, we definitely want to hear from you and see if we can get a product of ours to meet (hopefully exceed) your expectations.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

VAPORIZER22

Hey ThermoVape,

Are there any plans to adding the sleves as an accessory on your site for those who bought the early Revolutions?

Thanks

VAPORIZER22,

VAPORIZER22

Just email us and we will send you one, for Free, on us.Make sure to tell us a color. You can have whatever you want, as long as it is black or white :D

Cheers,

ThermoVape

lol, oh my the choices...Seriously, thanks, you guys rock. The white sleeve will go well with the Evolution.

I am thinking of ordering the pure flow for my Rev and was thinking of using it on the Evolution as well, but as OF explained the smooth flow is better suited. Have you tried either of them on the Evolution yet?

Thanks again!

VAPORIZER22,

JoeKickass

Just email us and we will send you one, for Free, on us.Make sure to tell us a color. You can have whatever you want, as long as it is black or white :D

Cheers,

ThermoVape

He's talking about the sleeves for the ultra-max size body right? There isn't a sleeve for the ultra is there? :ninja:

JoeKickass,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks, TV, I have a feeling I will be pleased with the Evolution kit. I had some pretty good results with my inferior e cig batteries, that gives me hope that the real deal will work so much better. Looking forward to getting it, glad you guys had a good holiday!!

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Jeppy

mestizo

lol, oh my the choices...Seriously, thanks, you guys rock. The white sleeve will go well with the Evolution.

I am thinking of ordering the pure flow for my Rev and was thinking of using it on the Evolution as well, but as OF explained the smooth flow is better suited. Have you tried either of them on the Evolution yet?

Thanks again!
It doesn't surprise me the kind of response you got from Thermovape. My first vape from them was a Revolution and I was pleasently surprised when I saw it with the sleeve on it when I opened the jar, I didn't ask for it but I thought it was nice of them to do that.

Mestizo

Well for my use this absolutely makes my T1 obsolete, I haven't used mine in months due to the constant need to stir and shitty battery life, I am really not stoked on my T1 and the Evolution seems to improve on all of my biggest gripes about it. Then we have the Revolution, I still use mine all the time but the fact that it leaks air into the vapor stream through the window which also likes to seep out concentrate and needs constant wiping makes it much less than convenient, The Dart fixes both of these issues. So while it's great that TV is listening to our suggestions and making better products I can't help but feel like I payed a pile of money to beta test unfinished products and now that the cooler final versions are out I am left with the inferior older models. Before everybody jumps all over my shit for this post, I do understand that this is how several types of product lines work, I just don't like it in this case because it happened really fast and I don't/wont have money to upgrade for a long time if ever.

I agree with you for the most part SF. I also was one of the first to order/test the TV. The BIGGEST gripe that I have with the TV right now is battery life. If I was planning on going to hang out with friends who live far away from me I would definitely not bring the TV considering I wouldn't trust under 4 sets of batteries to vape 2 bowls and it is just a huge PITA carrying around so many different batteries. On the other hand flipping the bowl is not really that big of an issue for me. I wish I didn't have to do it but I found a really easy way to flip the bowl. Basically all I do is dump the herb into the cap, tap the cap a bit, and then hold my tv upside down and insert the bowl directly into the cap and screw it on. (without having to try and dump the herb back into the bowl) The way the TV is designed is so precise that the bowl catches all of the herb that is in the cap without the herb getting stuck on the edges. Then i unscrew the cap quickly, wipe off the herb from the air holes and put the cap back on. The process takes around a few seconds. I really enjoy the TV and I'm hoping that they can do some type of exchange program for the very early adopters once they come out with a new TV1. I know that may sound a bit unreasonable but I'm pretty sure us early adopters generated a decent amount of revenue for them by testing and posting about the device on this forum. For my needs right now I'm very happy with my TV1 but I can definitely see your frustration SF.

Futuretvowner,
Reactions: SF Giant

Thanks again!

Im liking the smooth flow a lot. Jury is still out on the cart, though I won't jump to conclusions(mat) to soon. I guess there is a steep learning curve for new TV owners. Will keep at it.

Top Bottom