Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

Polmol

Funny that you mention ritual because that's what I love about the gn0me (sorry if I'm getting off topic). I find it so cool to heat the glass with pure fire, there's something really... ancient about the whole ritual. Electrical vapes tend to take away a lot of zenitude, I think.

Polmol,
I have been considering trying a lighter-based vape. I will have to give the gnOme a try. $32.50 with free shipping? Hell yes.

But okay, back to the Evo...

I agree with SM, it's all in the technique.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I think I prefer the T1 over the Evo currently. Personally, my tolerance level is pretty high. I have to do at least 2 sessions in the Evo to feel medicated. Usually I end up doing three to relive my pain. That burns through the 6v batteries pretty quick. I can get away with doing less in the T1 since it holds more medication. I like the design of the Evo though. I think the mouthpiece part and the heating element are cleverly designed. I kind of want to try the LV Evo adapter in my Alpha Ultralite.

Slightly Medicated,

OF

I'm sure someone's mentioned this already, but I find it so particular how much people on this forum want to see clouds! To me the real goal is getting vaped, so i don't really care if I don't see "huge clouds".. In fact the main reason I bought the evo is for stealth, so if I can get high without making any noticeable clouds it's gonna be a big plus. :brow:

Spot on. I tend to think it's more a recreational rather than medical user thing. No, I'm not asking for piles of 'no, I'm a .....' posts in response, sure there are exceptions. But I think most medical types are in it for the effect, not sport. In fact, I'd say some medical types like milder hits? They're not the guys running dual 3 Ohm Persei carts at 7.4 Volts for the most part?

For sure there's a lot of 'that's not good enough clouds for me' cold water being dumped on other guy's parades from time to time. All honest, no doubt, but I'm not sure it always fits in well. I'm sure guys don't intend to come off high handed or dismissive, but IMO that happens sometimes. Personal opinions can be like that....

Thanks, good point.

OF

Two questions:

1) How much resistance are you all going for with the draw? I find I can pack it down fairly well and still get good airflow. I have not found the "sweet spot" yet, though.

2) Am I correct that it's better for my batteries to recharge after each use, or is it better on a typical basis to drain the batteries more before recharging? I find that I get much better results if I use a fresh battery with each new bowl. I CAN get some decent hits on a second round with the battery, but the results are very iffy. For example, I vaped a fresh bowl on a second-round battery and got everything I could from it. I then took the abv from my Evo (it was a yellow-ish green) and loaded it for my CRZ and got another FIVE (!!) good hits from it. I'm thinking a fresh battery is mandatory each load, but will that drain my batteries too fast?

Anybody got a response to this? I'm afraid it might have gotten buried, and I really need to verify #2 especially.

TheDudeNextDoor,

2clicker

Observer
1) How much resistance are you all going for with the draw? I find I can pack it down fairly well and still get good airflow. I have not found the "sweet spot" yet, though.

i dont get a ton of resistance. i only added that part because of a few times i have experienced more restriction than id like. usually its fine though. as long as you arent jamming it down there i think your golden.

1) On a fresh load, count to full throttle and then draw slowly for about 1/2 - 3/4 a hit, holding the button up to make contact the entire time. Savor the flavor while continuing to maintain battery contact.

2) Still maintaining battery contact, draw again for a full hit. It works for me to start drawing slowly and then increase my draw through the hit. You can break battery contact just before finishing your hit.

3) When you are ready for another hit, repeat steps 1 and 2, but you only need to "warm up" about 10-20 seconds, depending on how long you waited. I find the primer hit really necessary each time if you wait any longer than 30 seconds or so between the first and second true hits.

this is exactly my method as well. been getting great performance.

2clicker,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Spot on. I tend to think it's more a recreational rather than medical user thing. No, I'm not asking for piles of 'no, I'm a .....' posts in response, sure there are exceptions. But I think most medical types are in it for the effect, not sport. In fact, I'd say some medical types like milder hits? They're not the guys running dual 3 Ohm Persei carts at 7.4 Volts for the most part?

For sure there's a lot of 'that's not good enough clouds for me' cold water being dumped on other guy's parades from time to time. All honest, no doubt, but I'm not sure it always fits in well. I'm sure guys don't intend to come off high handed or dismissive, but IMO that happens sometimes. Personal opinions can be like that....

Thanks, good point.

OF

I don't social vaporize/smoke so I never understood the sport smoking. Maybe when I first started I was around people more. I don't really have anyone around me when I medicate though... so taking huge hits for show is not my motivation. I can see how though people coming off as sport smokers/vapers can be annoying and heavy handed.

You might have a point. I get relief from my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with mild medicating. That is why I medicate through the day. I don't get much pain relief though. I tend to have to use a concentrate or something if I want to relive my back pain. I think it just depends on the person, reason for being a medical user, and tolerance. I always am someone who has a high tolerance not just for cannabis but anything. I have to take 3-4 head ache pills in order for it to work. That is why i tend to stay from pharmaceuticals.

I know for me personally the big clouds are just something that is left over from years of heavy water pipe usage. I think medical users tend to settle into a pattern of use that helps their condition. I know for me since I am treating two conditions it can change things. For instance if I was just treating pain I would not be vaporizing all day every day. My tolerance might be lower so I would not need so much when I want to relive pain. Since I medicate through out the day for the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder it raises my tolerance more then some other medical users. I actually try and say at a even level of medicated all day. I don't like to get super medicated... Speaking of which. I just made some BHO out of some northern lights and other strains I had laying around. I tested out to see how good it was. I am super duper medicated. Maybe to much so for how early it is in the day. :doh: I just could not wait till later tonight to test it. A nap might be in my future.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: OF

JoeKickass

I thought I remember reading something about higher concentrations of thc result in increased absorption efficiency. Might explain why some huge rips can take you to the "next level" but if you vaped the same amount in a mflb you would just have a headache...

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
If you ever come across that again please send it to me in a conversation. I am going to look around for it online. That is a very interesting concept. It could be a very good theory as to why I like thicker more concentrated hits.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: darkrom
I would be interested in that as well. The mflb was my first vape, and I liked it. I could get a buzz off it, but I could never get really stoned with it no matter how many "channels" I vaped. I used to have to smoke to get high, and then the mflb would keep me going through the night. Maybe that is why.

With the vapes I have now, I can get plastered as quickly or as gradually as I want. I never use my mflb anymore.

TheDudeNextDoor,

2clicker

Observer
I don't social vaporize/smoke so I never understood the sport smoking. Maybe when I first started I was around people more. I don't really have anyone around me when I medicate though... so taking huge hits for show is not my motivation. I can see how though people coming off as sport smokers/vapers can be annoying and heavy handed.

not everyone looking for clouds does so for the image of it. id say its more of a measurement than anything. or just plain fun at times.

i dont think there is much difference between "medical" users and "recreational" users. cannabis helps so many different ailments... so if your a recreational user you are also getting medical benefits. so really every cannabis user is a "medical" user. i like to say im 'self prescribed". ive def got issues enough to warrant a medical card, but do not live in a medical state. however there is nothing wrong with just enjoying what cannabis has to offer even if your not sick in any way.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
not everyone looking for clouds does so for the image of it. id say its more of a measurement than anything. or just plain fun at times.

i dont think there is much difference between "medical" users and "recreational" users. cannabis helps so many different ailments... so if your a recreational user you are also getting medical benefits. so really every cannabis user is a "medical" user. i like to say im 'self prescribed". ive def got issues enough to warrant a medical card, but do not live in a medical state. however there is nothing wrong with just enjoying what cannabis has to offer even if your not sick in any way.

Sorry I did not mean to over generalize. I did start using the 6 foot water pipes because they were fun. What got me hooked on them was how it cooled the HUGE hits down enough before they entered your lungs. So you have a point about the fun factor of larger hits. I just kind of forgot about it after doing them for so long.

I think allot of poeple start out as recreational. I think the long term users who keep using find something positive from the process of smoking/vaporizing. Like you said they basically are becoming self-prescribed medical users. I think it took me several years to realize that I was medicating my conditions not using to get stoned. I would not have been able to graduate from college with a BFA if I was not medicating through the process.

Speaking of clouds. I just used my Evo with the water pipe adapter and I got some good results! The key was long medium draws after a slow primer draw. The longer I drew the more cloudy the hit was. Give it time to accumulate in the water pipe before you inhale it. :tup:

Slightly Medicated,

OF

i dont think there is much difference between "medical" users and "recreational" users. cannabis helps so many different ailments... so if your a recreational user you are also getting medical benefits. so really every cannabis user is a "medical" user. i like to say im 'self prescribed".

Good point. I think there probably are elements of both in almost all users. Few if any traditional medical users (first exposed to it when older generally and suffering at the time) don't derive some enjoyment and I expect even the most hardcore party animal ever takes a toke or ten when they hurt (many without asking the Doctor about it first).

I like the 'self prescribed' part. What's the W.C. Fields line? "When in the wilderness it's always advisable to carry a pint of whiskey in case of snake bite. It's also a good idea to bring a small snake." Good then, good now. Words to live by.

One thing sure, a guy should enjoy what he pays for, and if clouds are part of it they are part of it. My only issue I guess is implying that lack of clouds is a bad thing for the next guy? And again, I don't think that's all that common.

Good conversation, IMO.

OF

2clicker

Observer
Sorry I did not mean to over generalize.

not at all. i didnt mean to imply that you were. just thought it needed to be said.

Speaking of clouds. I just used my Evo with the water pipe adapter and I got some good results! The key was long medium draws. The longer I drew the more cloudy the hit was. Give it time to accumulate in the water pipe before you inhale it. :tup:

i have also been getting some very nice pulls through my tube. and your right about the steady draw. medium and steady.

2clicker

Observer
My only issue I guess is implying that lack of clouds is a bad thing for the next guy?

for sure. this puppy def medicates with or w/out big visible clouds. how fast you "get there" would be determined by your desired level of medication.

considering how well this device works id say moving forward things are only going to get better.

2clicker,
Reactions: OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've been testing all kinds of different configurations with my Evo today. This led me to have to do several bowls throughout the day (the sacrificies we make for science :science: ). Some bowls gave me decent visible vapor, and some didn't. But they all added up to me getting really, really stoned today. :brow:

All in all, it definately medicates well. I prefer more visible vapor, so the Evo will probably not get as much use as some of my other toys.... but it has it's uses and will get employed as conditions warrant.

FWIW, I did get slightly stronger hits with the protective sleeve removed.... but the difference wasn't huge.

:peace:

Stu,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Evolution field report: Location, P.F. Chang's, Men's room, stall #2. Condition, pre-meal nausea. Easily concealed Evo comes out of pocket, "click" wait 15 seconds, test puff, wait and . . . GO! Disco. Patron in stall #1, none the wiser . . . back to the table with a smile. ;)

OF

for sure. this puppy def medicates with or w/out big visible clouds. how fast you "get there" would be determined by your desired level of medication.

considering how well this device works id say moving forward things are only going to get better.

Hey, how fast you 'get there' is also a function of how much of a rush you're in..... My current jobs include supervising the birds and other critters in the garden, a 20 minute session is nicer than a two minute four hit one....even if I don't end up coughing and scaring the wildlife.

For sure it's mighty good now, and only getting better. To be realistic, nothing lesser will sell? Well, I guess RAW did sell a few, didn't they?

I've been testing all kinds of different configurations with my Evo today. This led me to have to do several bowls throughout the day (the sacrificies we make for science :science: ). Some bowls gave me decent visible vapor, and some didn't. But they all added up to me getting really, really stoned today. :brow:

Right on again, Brother Stu. I've been testing the 8 prototype lately and have been watching my exhaust when lighting permits, but the goods get delivered and the tester gets compromised on schedule anyway.

It's nice to see it, but faith will also get you stoned.....

OF

OF,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Evolution field report: Location, P.F. Chang's, Men's room, stall #2. Condition, pre-meal nausea. Easily concealed Evo comes out of pocket, "click" wait 15 seconds, test puff, wait and . . . GO! Disco. Patron in stall #1, none the wiser . . . back to the table with a smile. ;)

:tup: This is another area I think the ThermoVape line shines. Whether it's at PF Changs, the theater, or at your Memorial Day family outing (me today), it's so easy to bring along and it's ready to go on demand. All you need to do is make a couple seconds for yourself, and you're golden.

Peloton,
Reactions: t-dub

darkrom

Great Scott!
I know this is off topic a bit but on the subject of clouds I have to say this. I'd be ok with 100% cloudless vapor IF I got the same results I get when I do see large clouds. I do not at all. More than one occasion I've been able to "fishbow" my car in my garage with the thermovape.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I know this is off topic a bit but on the subject of clouds I have to say this. I'd be ok with 100% cloudless vapor IF I got the same results I get when I do see large clouds. I do not at all. More than one occasion I've been able to "fishbow" my car in my garage with the thermovape.
fishbow?

Bob Loblaw,

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
I removed the ufo and replaced it with a trimmed NO2 screen in the sleeve near the mouthpiece. I find that this gives me consistent colored abv and better hits. I am seeing vapor on every hit until the load is spent. Battery life seems to be better also. I think I will stay with this setup for awhile to see how it goes.

Vape N Bake,

Peloton

Vapes Hard

I'm guessing here, but I think he was saying "fishbowl" and forgot the L.

Fishbowl_Vision_by_KAL1MAR1.jpg

darkrom

Great Scott!
Indeed forgot the L. "Fishbowl" As in fill the car full of visible thick vapor. It was quite impressive for a portable.

darkrom,
Hmm. Ive never heard of the term fishbowl. Interesting. I too used my evo in my car yesterday waiting for my girl to get off work and it got quite vaporboxed inside.

VaporBoxed,
Top Bottom