Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

Ah, you're right. I misread the last part; I thought you meant the opposite for some reason?
Oh nope, the Evo is vastly superior to the T1. A few of us early adopters are just pissed because we feel we were used as beta testers for a flawed product (t1) and now that the new, better, cheaper product is out we are either forced to spend another $100+ or be left in the dust.

Futuretvowner,

OF

Really? How do you figure? I haven't tried the T1, only the Evo SR and the Evo LR, so I can't personally comment, but from what I've been reading it seems that people on here are enjoying the Evo's better battery life and it's ability to efficiently vape a bowl without needing to stir.

Thought?

My thought is it's a personal decision. I see advantages of one over the other in some areas, and the other way around in others. Each has it's strong and weak points.

But then again, I've done a far bit of testing with each model. Including some versions that never made it or are still trying to make the grade.

I figure it depends a bit on who you are, what you have access to, how you like to vape and so on. I think guys should not take the opinion of net.experts if they have to option of first hand experience.....and in no case take them for any more than opinions.

BTW letting the experts pick your beer or Single Malt has the same problems..... And don't get me started on women.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: Dogman

Cinnamonster

I was agreeing that you were correct in that I misread your post. I've never used the T1, thus I'm not really qualified to provide an opinion on it... but! I do love my Evo. :)

And it's not that you guys were beta-testers... You guys just bought their first device. Good companies are always searching for ways to upgrade their previous devices, and the better ones succeed. There will probably be another "upgrade" to the Evo (I hope), but anticipating that doesn't make me mad. I'm very happy at the rate that TV is shelling out their quality products, VERY happy.

And you have a T1, right? You don't have to spend $100 to upgrade to the Evo (upgrade isn't the right word, but yeah..). All you'd really have to do is buy this (the BARE minimum):

http://thermovape.com/collections/b...removape-evolution-heating-core-and-cartridge

You can convert your T1 into an Evo... It'll be less than $45...

Cinnamonster,
I was agreeing that you were correct in that I misread your post. I've never used the T1, thus I'm not really qualified to provide an opinion on it... but! I do love my Evo. :)

And it's not that you guys were beta-testers... You guys just bought their first device. Good companies are always searching for ways to upgrade their previous devices, and the better ones succeed. There will probably be another "upgrade" to the Evo (I hope), but anticipating that doesn't make me mad. I'm very happy at the rate that TV is shelling out their quality products, VERY happy.

And you have a T1, right? You don't have to spend $100 to upgrade to the Evo (upgrade isn't the right word, but yeah..). All you'd really have to do is buy this (the BARE minimum):

http://thermovape.com/collections/b...removape-evolution-heating-core-and-cartridge

You can convert your T1 into an Evo... It'll be less than $45...
Plus the $25 converter interface. But then thats paying an extra $70 to convert my current device into a device that costs 100$ less than what I bought a few months ago. Think about it, If I paid $263 for the t1 and then another $75+ to convert it into an EVo that would be a total of $338 for a device that costs $112 to buy with the discount now. Oh well I'm currently trying to sell my T1 to fund a different future vape. I know others that I have spoken to feel the same way. It doesn't feel good to spend a large chunk of money on something only to have a newer better cheaper version come out a couple of months later. It would be like if Apple decided to come out with an Ipad 4 after the three just came out a couple of months ago, people wouldn't be happy.

Futuretvowner,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Oh nope, the Evo is vastly superior to the T1. A few of us early adopters are just pissed because we feel we were used as beta testers for a flawed product (t1) and now that the new, better, cheaper product is out we are either forced to spend another $100+ or be left in the dust.

Speak for yourself... I actually prefer my T1 at this point in time. Unscrewing the cap, turning upside down and shaking between hits is something I do one handed now without thinking. I do like my Evo, but I haven't been able to pull repeatably good sessions with it like the T1 yet. IMO the Evo has just as much of a learning curve as the T1 does, I'm sure I'll grow to like them both in their own ways (I already do to an extent)

That being said, modifications to Evo are complete! Extended mouthpiece with UFO into Evo core, and I am using a modified stock delrin heat shield around it. It simply slips over the core and is held on by the O-ring, the difference now it is just a heat shield as it doesn't recieve the mouthpiece anymore. Best of both worlds? I think so. Looks like a normal Evo, just a smidge shorter :)

Peloton,
you dont have to buy any converter. the Evo will run on any of the TV interfaces. if you have a T1 then you can run the Evo on it.

just buy the core and your out $35. good to go.
You are missing my point :bang: It isn't really fun paying to convert a more expensive device into a cheaper one. But I guess I'm :horse: at this point. I'm just hoping I can warn some potential vape buyers so they don't make the same mistake as me. This is what this forum is for after all isn't it? :cheers:

Futuretvowner,
As another poster said to me that I will leave unnamed
Yeah no doubt, lowering the price is one thing, I'm used to that happening with stuff I buy, but releasing better versions of both of the products I bought from them (dart>revolution, Evo>TV1) just a couple months later is really fucking frustrating. I will not be buying another one of their products ever. We really got shit on as early adopters and we should be more vocal about it in their threads

Futuretvowner,

JoeKickass

So up until this point you were happy with your devices and had indeed planned to buy their future products?

So why then, when they actually release new products based on feedback that would have been impossible to obtain the first time around, do you shun them so?

Should they just give everyone free upgrades?

edit: You guys didn't get shit on, you bought an iphone 3. So what if the iphone 4 comes out a year later, your phone still works just fine.

Cinnamonster

As another poster said to me that I will leave unnamed

I'm glad they listen to their customer's suggestions and fashion a better device with that information. More companies should do that... I guess if they slowed their progress, you might be satisfied with what you bought, right..?

Cinnamonster,
Reactions: B. and OF

2clicker

Observer
You are missing my point :bang: It isn't really fun paying to convert a more expensive device into a cheaper one. But I guess I'm :horse: at this point. I'm just hoping I can warn some potential vape buyers so they don't make the same mistake as me. This is what this forum is for after all isn't it? :cheers:

maybe i did miss your point. if so my bad. i thought you were saying it would cost more than the $45 suggested by Cinnamonster. i was just pointing out that it wouldnt be the $70-$75 you stated is all.

and really it is a totally different device. so if you want a different device its gotta cost something right? they cant just give them away to users who purchased another device altogether. and IMO $35 doesn't seem that bad.

it sucks that your not satisfied with your T1. im sure you will find someone to take it off your hands though. good luck.

2clicker,
So up until this point you were happy with your devices and had indeed planned to buy their future products?

So why then, when they actually release new products based on feedback that would have been impossible to obtain the first time around, do you shun them so?

Should they just give everyone free upgrades?

edit: You guys didn't get shit on, you bought an iphone 3. So what if the iphone 4 comes out a year later, your phone still works just fine.
A year =/= 2 months. Anyways thats beside the point. This is just a warning to everyone looking to buy an EVO, it will likely be outdated within a month or 2

Futuretvowner,
I'm glad they listen to their customer's suggestions and fashion a better device with that information. More companies should do that... I guess if they slowed their progress, you might be satisfied with what you bought, right..?
Not really I have had a ton of problems with my t1. But I guess my $263 helped fund your new and improved vape so why should you care? I wouldn't.

Futuretvowner,

2clicker

Observer

the iphone analogy isnt very fitting i dont think. the T1 and Evo cant be both considered the ipad. more like you bought and ipad (T1), and then the new iphone (Evo) came out and may outperform it.

i suppose with TV you have to know that something new is just around the corner when purchasing something. im ok with it.

2clicker,
Futuretvowner,
the iphone analogy isnt very fitting i dont think. the T1 and Evo cant be both considered the ipad. more like you bought and ipad (T1), and then the new iphone (Evo) came out and may outperform it.

i suppose with TV you have to know that something new is just around the corner when purchasing something. im ok with it.
Yeah I'm more of the sit and wait for the better version type, I'm the opposite of you so it sucks for me >.>. Also I'm not looking to argue with anyone I'm just voicing my opinion that if you are the type of buyer who doesn't like your purchase to be outdated quickly than you are better off waiting with TV company.

Futuretvowner,

Cinnamonster

A year =/= 2 months. Anyways thats beside the point. This is just a warning to everyone looking to buy an EVO, it will likely be outdated within a month or 2

Sure, and after that month or 2, something new might come out, right? So why not wait 4 or even 6 months instead? If you live by that, you'll never be satisfied with what you have (or won't even have anything to be satisfied with).

i know what you mean. but then you sit around and wait and wait and never pull the trigger. all the while you could have had a great device and getting lots of enjoyment from it.
Yeah I guess my problem stems from the fact that the Evo solved most of the problems I had with the t1.

Futuretvowner,

PB88123

Vaporist
Say you have 100 people. Everyone likes different things.

They come out with the T1. 30 people are interested and buy it. The other 70 don't like it.

The 70 say what they want and they make a new product.

The EVO comes out and 40 people buy it.

The other 30 don't like the T1 or the EVO. So the makers go back and figure out what it will take to get the remaining people a product they want.

They come out with another thing and the remaining 30 people like it.

They are just trying to make different products so that there are more options and people can pick the best device for them.

They can't make everyone happy but they are trying.

In my experience I've had the T1 for 5 months and still using the same 12 batteries. It's working like the day I got it so it's not flawed. There is no reason to warn people about a business getting as many different options out there to reach a large group of people.

Sure, and after that month or 2, something new might come out, right? So why not wait 4 or even 6 months instead? If you live by that, you'll never be satisfied with what you have (or won't even have anything to be satisfied with).
Look I bought an ipad 2 in december and the ipad 3 was scheduled to come out a couple of months later. I was ok with that because I knew the Ipad 2 would suit all of my needs. The T1 does not suit all of my needs so that is why it is just an extra kick in the gut to know there is a newer, cheaper version out that would suit my needs.

Futuretvowner,
Top Bottom