Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

2clicker

Observer
Hmmm I'm trying to cut costs so I will probably pass and go with ugly for now as long as it doesn't effect me using it as a waterpipe adapter.

I don't get how it will connect to my T1 without the adapter. I'm just trying to be sure I know what I'm getting before I order.

if you wanna cut costs you can just order the SV core and run it w/out the teflon sleeve. get a nice OD oring for it and youll still have your waterpipe compatibility. that will save you around $20 which may then pay for most of a new interface...?

I have a T1 (not LV) and I have an evolution but no interface. If I order the liquid vaporizer kit can I use the interface that comes with that with my revolution?

all of Revs/Darts and Evos will work on either interface. most like the insulated interface as it will help with residual heat. and some think it just looks better.

2clicker,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Darkrom, if you have the Revolution interface you can use that but if you don't have an adapter you can remove the bowl from your T1 and screw the Evo directly into the ThermoCore Interface.

t-dub,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Darkrom, if you have the Revolution interface you can use that but if you don't have an adapter you can remove the bowl from your T1 and screw the Evo directly into the ThermoCore Interface.

I guess I'll play with it until I see what that looks like LOL. I stopped checking FC often enough to keep up with the stuff going on with all these portable developments!

darkrom,

1love

Thanks 2clicker for the helpful information, much appreciated, also thank you to T-dub for answering a question I had last week. Sorry for the delayed thank you.

1love,

darkrom

Great Scott!

Are you saying unscrew JUST the bowl itself and the evo will screw into that? The bowl with the black o-ring around it?

darkrom,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yup, the threads under it are 510. There is a pic somewhere I'll find it . . .

ThermoVapeEvolutiononT11.jpg

t-dub,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Here ya go buddy. It doesn't look ideal, but doable. ^^^

Thanks man. Looks fine to me for now. Maybe sometime when I have more money I'll get the adapter. I'm wondering are people finding it easier to "finish" a bowl in the evo than the T1? I can get it pretty dark but I'm sure the bud could vape darker.

darkrom,

1love

Question, will the AVA-HR resistance atomizer work with the Evolution vaporizer interface? I have the Evolution but no interface. I want to be able to do liquids and just want to make sure I get the right/best interface for the Evolution and the atomizer. Thanks

1love,

2clicker

Observer
Yup, the threads under it are 510. There is a pic somewhere I'll find it . . .

ThermoVapeEvolutiononT11.jpg

this makes me wish TV offered the T1 upgrade kit in pieces. they already sell the bowl by itself, but what about the interface and cap sold individually...?

2clicker,

darkrom

Great Scott!
this makes me wish TV offered the T1 upgrade kit in pieces. they already sell the bowl by itself, but what about the interface and cap sold individually...?

Upgrade what an evo to a T1? Funny then we'd be doing the exact opposite right now.

darkrom,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
i wanna play too!

i ditched the sleeve. still running the rubber mouthpiece and instead of the core sleeve im currently using oring/s and thinking about trying some high temp tubing to fit tightly around the Evo core. just enough to take the edge off the heat for when its in my pocket.

im not running any filter or smooth flow, but im really liking that its shorter now. im not very interested in adding any length there. the air is dry, but not too bad IMO and i find that for whatever reason my Evo core heats faster and is ready to go quicker than ever. maybe its because the sleeve is not absorbing/stealing heat from it...? seems to be helping me get a little more outta my cells to boot.

oh and my hits have gotten noticeably heavier. im also liking the look a bit better. pretty compact unit that packs a helluva punch.

3238d390.jpg
Glad to hear it's been a positive experience (so far). I want to get involved in new mouthpieces, but I just got a bunch of new stuff from TV, so it will probably have to wait until next week. If you happen to also have a T1, you might not know that you can make your Evo "rig" even shorter. If you replace the Evo adapter with the standard T1 top, and then remove just the heater-core-bowl-assembly, you'll see that you can screw the Evo core in where the T1 core used to be. t-dub posted a picture of it later in this thread. It's gonna be hot to use though...

Haywood,
I was able to get the evo disk into my drip top. I just took a hammer to the top of the drip tip and hammered it in. It works nicely in the Evolution but it doesnt fit into my t1 anymore.

VaporBoxed,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Holy cow, Haywood, you just completey altered my perception of this vape. I tried your method of warming up for the first "primer" hit and then keeping the slider on through the second hit, and I got a HUGE hit, about busted my lungs it was so powerful. This is well beyond anything I've been able to get thus far. It also gave me an instantaneous head rush from the size of the hit. Very nice.

I wondered how it would work using the same method with the cover, so I popped in a fresh battery with a fresh chamber and ran the same method. The results were definitely better than what I had been getting, but not as strong as what I got without the cover.

Just to be sure, I tried another fresh chamber but on the same battery this time without the cover, and I got a huge hit on the second draw again, much heavier than with the cover on, and this was on a partially drained battery. So there definitely does seem to be some loss with the cover, I guess still some air leakage even with the o-ring? Man, the sucker does get hot, though, and I was also getting some particulate through the stem. Maybe too fine a grind, though.

You have definitely given me a lot to play with here, though. Thank you!

I'm delighted to hear you found success!!! And just for the record, it's not really "my" method, it's a bunch of people's method. I'm just the one that was lucky enough to mention it. I got a bunch of goodies today from TV to play with, including a second evo core which seems to heat up twice as fast as the one I have been using. Just started playing with the new core, and with using a glass adapter as the mouthpiece instead of the extended delrin one. I haven't gotten around to trying to insert one of the UFO disks into one of my mouthpieces yet. Nor have I gotten around to chopping up one of the insulators to see if that effects things (positively).

I am also enjoying all the playing around; I keep winding up stoned out of my mind...

I figured out a good way to insulate the heating core and stem so that you don't burn the shit out of yourself if using the Evo without the cover. This idea was spurred by someone else who mentioned hemp. Anyway, I went and bought some 1/8" black leather strips today at Hobby Lobby ($4.99 for 8 yards, so plenty to replace when this one gets worn). I wrapped that around the stem, tying off at both ends. Then, I took the UFO from my cover and put it into the extended mouthpiece. So far, this has solved both the hear problem and the particles problem. I decided not to use the smoothflow in this case in order to keep the stem short.

The leather does a great job insulating the heat. I can grasp the heated stem at full heat, and it is just warm to the touch. It also helps to gage the temp of the heating element. Also, I'm not getting too much heat at the mouthpiece with this setup. It's perfectly comfortable to use.

I'll experiment more, but I am liking this so far.

003.jpg

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
To solve one of those "down sides" you could do a little bit of Frankenstein, i just came up with this after reading your post.

The ID of the insulator cap where the "UFO" goes is the same ID as a standard mouthpiece, this means that you can press a UFO into a mouthpiece and it will act like a removable screen/deflector.....

UFOmouthpiece.jpg

This will be a future addition to our online shop, till then just get the UFO and it doesnt take much to push it into a mouthpiece (only a 1/2 ton arbor press :-/ ) . This should take care of any particulates in your mouth.

Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim,

I think I may have an old pneumatic hash press in the garage that will allow me to squeeze the UFO into the extended delrin mouthpiece. Trying by hand was an exercise in futility, though the cats had fun chasing the pieces around every time they flew out of my hands. If I can't find the press, I have a short tfe to try the UFO in as well.

Give my thanks to the people who fill your orders. I requested, if possible, two Evo Insulating Sleeves without the UFOs. Not only did they honor the request, they threw in the two UFOs loose, so I now have them to play with as you suggested! (Or maybe it was your hand in things, in which case thank you directly).

Have you any thoughts about our experiments with and without the insulating core? I haven't had time to experiment much yet, so I don't know how much the apparently superior experience is due to the direct connection of the mouthpiece to the top of the evo heater core, or whether it's due to the lack of an insulating core surrounding the heater (or a little of both). I also have to experiment to see if the metal smooth-flow connected to the core makes a difference from just connecting a delrin/tfe mouthpiece directly.

I'm using the new evo core now. It responds very differently from my first core (both are std 6v cores). Heats up twice as fast (15 seconds to fully glowing heat chamber versus 30+ seconds for the first core). Not sure what's up, but I'm putting figuring it out on the back burner until I play a lot more with everything else I just got. The new core just makes everything better, and was a worthwhile investment.

My first test tonight was to put a new delrin glass adapter on top of the smooth-flow in place of the extended delrin mouthpiece. It is nicer to use, more protective of me burning my mouth by absent mindedly putting too much of the standard mouthpiece in my mouth and getting my lips near the hot smooth-flow or the top of the core. The ID of the glass adapter is smaller than the ID of the standard extended mouthpiece, and I notice the difference in the draw. It's minor, but it's the only thing I prefer about the extended mouthpiece. I may bore out (drill) the glass adapter a little, but not right away.

In any case, my evo in its current sleeveless setup (that I pictured in the original msg) is probably the best portable vape experience for me to date. It just works better. It's absolutey predictable. It requires almost zero maintenance. It surpasses the T1 in battery life, and in number of great hits per same amount of load (the T1 holds almost twice as much as the Evo, as you know, but doesn't provide nearly double the number of hits). The Evo heats up faster, it's more consistent in hit quantity, and it tastes better too. It doesn't clog. It doesn't need to be stirred. It's just easier to use.

:D

Haywood,
Reactions: t-dub

2clicker

Observer
took a minute today to add the textured rubber thumb pad to my TV base. it helps tremendously. looks ok. the adhesive is sticking better than i thought, but when you want it pulls off easily and isnt leaving any residue on the nickle plating. im gonna run it on there to see how long it stays on. seems to be only a temporary help.

thumbpad1.jpg
thumbpad2.jpg

im loving all the new ideas being thrown around in this thread. ive got an idea for the UFO as well.

Dude... i like your leather wrap idea. i been thinking about getting some tubing to line the outside of my Evo core. something high temp of course.

2clicker,

ManicMaurice

As far as other ecig mods go, I've been having great success with my Silver Bullet and Omega. I've only run them at 3.7v, but I just placed an order for a SV Evo Heater Core and a couple 3v Tenergy batteries, so I will be able to comment on 6v in a few days. AltSmoke doesn't officially support either the Silver Bullet or the Omega running at 6v, but in actual practice both mods are more than capable of handling it.

I've also been told that the following ecig mods will also work; PureSmoker Legacy, The Empire Mod, The Helix, Super T Precise, Super T Shockwave, The Megalodon, and the InnoVapor Apex UltaMax. I was also told that Vapor Moon's Saber Touch 3.7v/6v would also work, but that the passthrough won't.

Also as far as variable voltage goes, I've been told that both the Darwin and the ProVari are out because they aren't capable of outputting more than 3 amps.

Addendum; The Empire Mod is threaded for 901s and not 510s, so it needs an adapter to use the TV Evo.

Just a couple more thoughts on ecig mods that will work with the TV Evo ...

A friend and I discovered that any mod that has a 510 connection that is recessed in a drip cup won't work with the Evo Heat Shield. The Heat Shield usually fits too tightly in the drip cup and creates a seal that keeps you from being able to draw air through the Evo. Right now the only mod with a drip cup and recessed 510 connection that we have tried this on is the Reo Grande. The Heat Shield is almost the exact same size as the Reo Grande's drip cup and creates a great seal.

Other mods with drip cups or recessed 510 connections are The Helix, Super T Precise, Super T Shockwave, and The Megalodon. The Megalodon might work because it looks like the top of the 510 connection is flush with the top of the drip cup and not recessed like other mods and The Helix's drip cup appears to be shallow enough to not cause a problem. But I haven't personally tested either The Megalodon or The Helix, so as always YMMV.

Also, you can still use the TV Evo on any of these mods by not using the Heat Shield.

I still say my personal favorite ecig mods to use the TV Evo on are the Silver Bullet and the Omega. But be aware they're big hunks of aluminum and as such they make great heat sinks. So I'm not entirely sure they're the most efficient mods because they do seem to wick away a lot of the heat from the Heater Core, but they sure are built like tanks.

ManicMaurice,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

ManicMaurice

I don't really think there is any argument at this point for T1> Evo

Really? How do you figure? I haven't tried the T1, only the Evo SR and the Evo LR, so I can't personally comment, but from what I've been reading it seems that people on here are enjoying the Evo's better battery life and it's ability to efficiently vape a bowl without needing to stir.

Thought?

Mods: Sorry for the back to back posts. My mistake. :uhoh:

ManicMaurice,
Really? How do you figure? I haven't tried the T1, only the Evo SR and the Evo LR, so I can't personally comment, but from what I've been reading it seems that people on here are enjoying the Evo's better battery life and it's ability to efficiently vape a bowl without needing to stir.

Thought?
Well the Evo has a more compact design, along with the fact that the battery life is better for the evo. Also the TV1 needs to be stirred after almost every hit, the evo doesn't. The EVOs design allows bud to be vaped more efficiently. The EVO is the future IMO. If I had to guess TV designed the TV1 and then realized the design flaws and started designing a vape that didn't need to be stirred and could vape bud more efficiently. Even though the TV1's bowl is bigger they advised that you only fill it up 2/3rds or 1/2 of the way with bud so it didn't really matter. Also from the videos I'm seeing there is a VERY MINIMAL difference in cloud size between TV1 and Evo.

Futuretvowner,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
This thread has me tinkering. I just used a small press I have in the garage to put the UFO in an extended mouthpiece. Next, I'm removing the mouthpiece holder portion of my delrin sleeve and drilling it out, so it will simply slide over my core. The goal is to make it hit like I'm not using the sleeve, but still having the heat retention and safety benefits because I DO have the sleeve :brow: So many good ideas thrown around in here.

Peloton,

Cinnamonster

Well the Evo has a more compact design, along with the fact that the battery life is better for the evo. Also the TV1 needs to be stirred after almost every hit, the evo doesn't. The EVOs design allows bud to be vaped more efficiently. The EVO is the future IMO. If I had to guess TV designed the TV1 and then realized the design flaws and started designing a vape that didn't need to be stirred and could vape bud more efficiently. Even though the TV1's bowl is bigger they advised that you only fill it up 2/3rds or 1/2 of the way with bud so it didn't really matter. Also from the videos I'm seeing there is a VERY MINIMAL difference in cloud size between TV1 and Evo.

Ahhh, then don't you mean Evo > T1? Seems like you think the Evo is better (or greater) than the original T1...
I hope I'm not wrong. >.<

Cinnamonster,
Reactions: darkrom
Top Bottom