Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

2clicker

Observer
has anyone tried just running a 18650 cell in their TV body... minus the battery sleeve?

removing the battery sleeve should give enough room for the 18650 to fit and then you can just push the cell itself up instead of a sleeve... think this would work?

is the sleeve necessary for it to work?

2clicker,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
has anyone tried just running a 18650 cell in their TV body... minus the battery sleeve?

removing the battery sleeve should give enough room for the 18650 to fit and then you can just push the cell itself up instead of a sleeve... think this would work?

You are thinking like me :)

I really want to run the 18650. I'd order the appropriate evolution and convert my T1. I'm so incredibly happy with the T1, but I want to upgrade to more sessions per battery. Everything else is fantastic. I mean I COULD spend $30 on the water pipe adapter for it, but at that point its only $30 more for the evo with the water pipe adapter built in. Decisions decisions. I wish I knew more about their 18650 they are testing. I can confidently say that if I order some other e-cig that holds an 18650, they will release theirs immediately after haha. Its a loose loose waiting game, but at least I end up with a nice quality american made vape while I'm waiting.

darkrom,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am curious about the Video-Cast that was mentioned a ways back... I saw a spot on the TV FB page about what questions we would like answered, or addressed anyway. Anyone know the ETA of that?

jambandphan03,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

There are ways to do this but i don't suggest doing so, this risks bypassing the circuity protection on the battery.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
I am curious about the Video-Cast that was mentioned a ways back... I saw a spot on the TV FB page about what questions we would like answered, or addressed anyway. Anyone know the ETA of that?

Oh boy...... we were soposed to shoot it last week but we've been so busy getting these orders out....

It might be a little late..... :/

SameOldTim,

darkrom

Great Scott!
There are ways to do this but i don't suggest doing so, this risks bypassing the circuity protection on the battery.

Cheers,

Tim

Nothing I'm interested in then. Any updates you want to leak on the 18650? Seriously feel free to simply say NOPE but I'm just itching for a fix haha.

Tim for someone like me who has the T1 and loves it, but wants to be able to get 3+ bowls out of 1 charge, what is the best conversion option, or am I correct in thinking I need to just wait? From what I've understood in this thread so far (I'm trying to learn my best as I go here!)...the 18650 is the best battery to use if you want the most bowls per charge correct? Now I know you don't offer that yet, but there are other ecig "bases" I could buy and use those with the Evo (do I want LV or 6V for said 18650?)

Are there other options for the T1? I appreciate the 30w big bowl T1, but I need to supplement it with a device that will let me do a few bowls on the go per charge if that is possible right now.

The reason I'm being such a PITA about the 18650 is because I really want to supplement my hard hitting T1 with a more bowl per charge version. Modular design is what makes you guys so awesome (among other things) but it also adds a bit of confusion for people like me who are trying to figure out all the options.

darkrom,

OF

the 18650 is the best battery to use if you want the most bowls per charge correct?

Not really, if you're going to redesign the unit to take a 1mm larger battery, why not go to 26mm:
http://eliquidplanet.com/imr-26650-rechargeable-battery.html

That's what, three times the capacity of the existing one? Not some fractional part, something you can really get your teeth into. Same length less than half an inch bigger in diameter.

OF

OF,
My understanding is that any alterations that allow the Evo to operate on an 18650 will be retroactive. In other words, any Evo bought today will be able to be modded to function on an 18650 once that happens. That's my understanding of what TV has said in the past and is one reason why I went ahead and bought my Evo rather than waiting for the 18650 announcement.

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
My understanding is that any alterations that allow the Evo to operate on an 18650 will be retroactive. In other words, any Evo bought today will be able to be modded to function on an 18650 once that happens. That's my understanding of what TV has said in the past and is one reason why I went ahead and bought my Evo rather than waiting for the 18650 announcement.

That is correct!!

Even down the line with the T2 and the T3, the main bodies will all work with the older versions.

Cheers

Tim

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just wondering if stacking the batteries in the plastic tubes for storage can cause any discharge from the batteries all touching? I am looking into travel/storage for the batteries, and if the tubes don't make the batteries loose charge over time sitting there stacked, I will stick to using those since I have 4 of them. Otherwise, I am looking into the cr123 storage that lines them up side by side... http://compare.ebay.com/like/150809512762?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

Just wondering if stacking the batteries in the plastic tubes for storage can cause any discharge from the batteries all touching?

No problem in this case. There's no connection between the top and bottom of the stack. It's like batteries in a flashlight, until the connection from top to bottom is completed, no electric drain.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I love the PowerPax battery holders, I got the clear ones :)

I was having trouble finding the clear ones, but I did find glow in the dark, so you know what I am a sucker for...

No problem in this case. There's no connection between the top and bottom of the stack. It's like batteries in a flashlight, until the connection from top to bottom is completed, no electric drain.

OF

Thanks OF, I will stick with the tubes for now since I have them. Funny thing is I bought my tubes over 2 years ago, they just happen to be the same size as the ones TV used for a while.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

karazi

Do I really have to put an additional piece of metal in my air path to successfuly vaporize a smaller load? I thought this thing was supposed to do that on its own without further mods? I am now beginning to worry. Guess we'll see when it comes.

karazi,

2clicker

Observer
Do I really have to put an additional piece of metal in my air path to successfuly vaporize a smaller load? I thought this thing was supposed to do that on its own without further mods? I am now beginning to worry. Guess we'll see when it comes.

you do not have to. you will still evenly vape your material, but the screen will help provide larger hits.

besides its stainless steel... shouldnt affect much other than having to deal with it.

2clicker,

VAPORIZER22

I have tried small amounts with and w/o a screen and was able to get good vapor. Only difference to me is w/o a screen I need to just tap the bottom on my desk to get bits back down a bit and hits were good.

VAPORIZER22,

JoeKickass

I have some catching up to do on FC, but quick ?

I just got my smooth flow filter, is there any way to open it?
Doe sit just pull out or unscrew? (doesn't seem to)
Or do you fill it up by dropping stuff in?

EDIT: Using two pliers I managed to twist it open, damn this ceramic is small! I think it could have been much more substantial! But let's see how it likes Vanilla flavored Stolichnaya... :ko:

JoeKickass,

VAPORIZER22

I have some catching up to do on FC, but quick ?

I just got my smooth flow filter, is there any way to open it?
Doe sit just pull out or unscrew? (doesn't seem to)
Or do you fill it up by dropping stuff in?

EDIT: Using two pliers I managed to twist it open, damn this ceramic is small! I think it could have been much more substantial! Let's see how it likes Vanilla flavored Stolichnaya... :ko:

I just pour cold water through the top and shake off excess and repeat as necessary once it dries out.

VAPORIZER22,
Top Bottom