Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Indeed! An extra dart may be the way to go. I bought the low voltage Evo, and I don't think Thermovape sells the extra batts for that one, do they? That would be the way to go if they did. And by the way, I do appreciate Jennifer and Co. giving me that coupon for future use. They certainly did not have to do that, and it just goes to show what I suspected already: great customer service.

Speaking of batteries, if Thermovape does not sell the batts for the LV Evo, where should I get them. I want the best batts I can get.

We do sell the batteries for the EVO-LV kit.

AW 17670 Protected 1600 mAh Li-Ion rechargeable batteries

Hope that helps, cheers.

ThermoVape

That does help, TV. Thanks! Incidentally, I did not think you sold the extra batteries because they are not linked on the LV Evo page. I noticed the regular voltage links to extra batts, which is why I assumed you didn't have them.

Okay, so batts it is. Question for you who have had the Evo for awhile. What other extras might I want? What about the extended mouthpiece? Anything else?

TheDudeNextDoor,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The smoothflow is pretty nice, you can get it moist, and it helps cool the vapor a bit more. If it dries, just add a little water and blow out the excess, and it's good to go.

jambandphan03,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I'm all about the extended mouthpiece on my T1, but it's just too tall on the Evo. I'm finding I like the standard mouthpiece on it.

Peloton,
TheDudeNextDoor,

2clicker

Observer
ok i just had a major fuggin breakthrough with my Evo. i was getting mixed results and sometimes loved it and sometimes took it off to reach for my Dart to get where i wanted w/out much fuss. both are the LV flavor. anyway, ive been experimenting with screens in my Evo. a screen at the bottom... a screen at the top of the sleeve... neither of which seems to make much of a difference. i left the one in the bottom cuz i feel like some herb bits can still get through the holes in the Evo, but tonight i felt like taking it out again to see if it was impeding any vapor production. as soon as i popped it out i got an idea. the idea was to load the Evo like normal. loading it to the brim w/out packing. then pushing the small domed screen on top of the herb pushing it down to a light pack. the screen is domed and holds itself in there w/out moving, but you do need a poker to get it out.

now i know what your thinking... that now im eliminating the "no stir" function of the Evo. and i very well may be, but let me tell you... whoa nelly! i was getting GIANT rips. in fact the first rip i took with this setup was with a mostly kicked bowl. then i hit it and it blasted me with vapor. i couldnt believe it. 10 times the amount of vapor of my largest hit with this puppy. so right away im thinking i combusted it by keeping it pushed down near the heat. so i popped the top off quickly and unloaded it to find some very evenly browned ABV. no charring at all. i could have swore that i combusted by the cloud i blew out, even though i could tell i didnt taste combustion.

oh and not only were the rips way better, but the warmup time has decreased a bit. before i was looking at 25-30 secs before the "prime hit" and then getting to the "real hit". that process is now over for me. i waited for 20 secs and started to pull slowly and got a decent cloud right away. i waited another 5-7 secs and gave it hell... and it gave it back to me. lung buster no doubt. then i quickly grabbed my tube and started milking it pretty well. not super chalk, but def got some nice big pulls through it. not only does this allow me to rip it sooner than before, but that also accounts for longer battery life. i was getting about 2 full bowls evenly vaped on one cell charge. considering how quick and easy these rips are coming now id say ill get closer to 3 full loads vaped.

all you having trouble getting decent clouds please try this! im telling you it works perfectly. in fact its working sooooo well that i would suggest that TV take a look at a screen option or something maybe inside the sleeve... like a screen on a spring or something...? i think with the herb being held up at the top of the sleeve its a tad too far away from the heat. with all my experimentation with Hakko mods and how to harness that heat i have found that the smallest amount of space in either direction will drastically change vapor production. it has to be perfect to get really good production. in this case i believe that pusshed down (and held down) to the bottom of the Evo bowl is a winner. :rockon:

i was so excited that i totally forgot about the boiling pot of water on my stove and lost my white Evo sleeve and a black mouth piece... water totally evaporated completely and the mouthpiece was melted to the pot. the white teflon sleeve looked good still, but its a tad warped and doesnt hold on the Evo well enough to trust. so dumb :doh:

time to pack another i suppose

ManicMaurice

Hi gang ...

So I just read through this entire thread! Lots of great info in here!

I went ahead and ordered the $60 TV Evo LV setup and plan to use it on my 18650 mods.

I noticed that TV is working on an 18650 model. Is there any word on when it might be released?

ManicMaurice,

JoeKickass

Hi gang ...

So I just read through this entire thread! Lots of great info in here!

I went ahead and ordered the $60 TV Evo LV setup and plan to use it on my 18650 mods.

I noticed that TV is working on an 18650 model. Is there any word on when it might be released?

Nice avatar :tup:

Can your mod handle 6-7 amps and do you have an imr battery?

JoeKickass,
ok i just had a major fuggin breakthrough with my Evo.

Dude no way, are you sure you didnt see my video i posted yesterday on youtube? I didnt share this info yet because i wanted to see if i won the contest or not. If you did come up with this yourself this is one hell of a coincidence. :clap: Well i told T-dub i would be sharing my vid. I covered the screen mod in the end of the video. Also another plus to the screen is you can load smaller loads to be finished with less battery. And i got bits in my delrin cover but the screen now fixes that problem. Less cleaning and the cover doesnt clog up!

VaporBoxed,
Reactions: NoName

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ok i just had a major fuggin breakthrough with my Evo. i was getting mixed results and sometimes loved it and sometimes took it off to reach for my Dart to get where i wanted w/out much fuss. both are the LV flavor. anyway, ive been experimenting with screens in my Evo. a screen at the bottom... a screen at the top of the sleeve... neither of which seems to make much of a difference. i left the one in the bottom cuz i feel like some herb bits can still get through the holes in the Evo, but tonight i felt like taking it out again to see if it was impeding any vapor production. as soon as i popped it out i got an idea. the idea was to load the Evo like normal. loading it to the brim w/out packing. then pushing the small domed screen on top of the herb pushing it down to a light pack. the screen is domed and holds itself in there w/out moving, but you do need a poker to get it out.

now i know what your thinking... that now im eliminating the "no stir" function of the Evo. and i very well may be, but let me tell you... whoa nelly! i was getting GIANT rips. in fact the first rip i took with this setup was with a mostly kicked bowl. then i hit it and it blasted me with vapor. i couldnt believe it. 10 times the amount of vapor of my largest hit with this puppy. so right away im thinking i combusted it by keeping it pushed down near the heat. so i popped the top off quickly and unloaded it to find some very evenly browned ABV. no charring at all. i could have swore that i combusted by the cloud i blew out, even though i could tell i didnt taste combustion.

oh and not only were the rips way better, but the warmup time has decreased a bit. before i was looking at 25-30 secs before the "prime hit" and then getting to the "real hit". that process is now over for me. i waited for 20 secs and started to pull slowly and got a decent cloud right away. i waited another 5-7 secs and gave it hell... and it gave it back to me. lung buster no doubt. then i quickly grabbed my tube and started milking it pretty well. not super chalk, but def got some nice big pulls through it. not only does this allow me to rip it sooner than before, but that also accounts for longer battery life. i was getting about 2 full bowls evenly vaped on one cell charge. considering how quick and easy these rips are coming now id say ill get closer to 3 full loads vaped.

all you having trouble getting decent clouds please try this! im telling you it works perfectly. in fact its working sooooo well that i would suggest that TV take a look at a screen option or something maybe inside the sleeve... like a screen on a spring or something...? i think with the herb being held up at the top of the sleeve its a tad too far away from the heat. with all my experimentation with Hakko mods and how to harness that heat i have found that the smallest amount of space in either direction will drastically change vapor production. it has to be perfect to get really good production. in this case i believe that pusshed down (and held down) to the bottom of the Evo bowl is a winner. :rockon:

i was so excited that i totally forgot about the boiling pot of water on my stove and lost my white Evo sleeve and a black mouth piece... water totally evaporated completely and the mouthpiece was melted to the pot. the white teflon sleeve looked good still, but its a tad warped and doesnt hold on the Evo well enough to trust. so dumb :doh:

time to pack another i suppose

I was getting similar results when I put a spring into the inside top of the cap. It was pushing my load down a little, and I was getting solid hits every time. I could even load 1/2 a bowl and get several good hits. I took it out after a while, to see if I could hone my skills with out it, and got used to not having it in there... but I do load more in the chamber now, to fill it up completely. Only a few times I got a little bit of combustion with the spring in, but it was tiny bits, peppered in with nice brown ABV. That was at first when I wasn't used to working with the heat up times yet.

jambandphan03,

ManicMaurice

Can your mod handle 6-7 amps and do you have an imr battery?

I have a Silver Bullet and an Omega. From what I've read the SB button isn't rated for 6+ amps, so I'm going to stick with the Omega for now. The Omega has a mechanical contact very similar to TV's design, so I'm pretty sure it will be able to handle it.

I use ecigs and had an Apex Alpha UltraMax 17670, but sold it because I prefer 18650s.

As soon as they release the TV 18650 model I'm buying one.

ManicMaurice,
Thanks t-dub. Im glad you liked it. Hopefully it will help some people who are having difficulties working their unit. I know with the big orders they got this weekend were eventually gonna have some new posters asking some questions that have been answered countless times and we can give OF a break. :p

VaporBoxed,
Reactions: B.
I have a Silver Bullet and an Omega. From what I've read the SB button isn't rated for 6+ amps, so I'm going to stick with the Omega for now. The Omega has a mechanical contact very similar to TV's design, so I'm pretty sure it will be able to handle it.

I use ecigs and had an Apex Alpha UltraMax 17670, but sold it because I prefer 18650s.

As soon as they release the TV 18650 model I'm buying one.

I dont know anything at all about amp ratings and the such but check out my video i just posted. I am using a BEAUTIFUL silver vein SB. It works just finee... :tup:

VaporBoxed,

2clicker

Observer
Dude no way, are you sure you didnt see my video i posted yesterday on youtube? I didnt share this info yet because i wanted to see if i won the contest or not. If you did come up with this yourself this is one hell of a coincidence. :clap: Well i told T-dub i would be sharing my vid. I covered the screen mod in the end of the video. Also another plus to the screen is you can load smaller loads to be finished with less battery. And i got bits in my delrin cover but the screen now fixes that problem. Less cleaning and the cover doesnt clog up!

lol no i havent seen that yet, but nice video! and your right about not having to clean the inside of the teflon sleeve anymore. the screen idea it just hit me as i was removing a screen from the bottom of the Evo bowl. my screen is just about identical to yours. i think i will be running a screen in the bottom and one for the top. its all about the temp and the distance from the heat.

I was getting similar results when I put a spring into the inside top of the cap. It was pushing my load down a little, and I was getting solid hits every time. I could even load 1/2 a bowl and get several good hits. I took it out after a while, to see if I could hone my skills with out it, and got used to not having it in there... but I do load more in the chamber now, to fill it up completely. Only a few times I got a little bit of combustion with the spring in, but it was tiny bits, peppered in with nice brown ABV. That was at first when I wasn't used to working with the heat up times yet.

yeah i remember you talking about the spring. how did you attach the spring to the sleeve? im thinking that you could pop out the little metal piece in the Evo shell and press fit a spring in there... then a small domed screen at the end of the spring. just the right diameter for the Evo bowl.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I just stuck the very end of the spring right into one of the air holes on the side of the disk in the cap. It locked in, because the rest of the larger end of the spring curled out towards the edges. I gave it a little twist and it torqued the spring into the disk, and it stayed put until I removed it. There was bits of used herb collecting up there, so that was a little messy, but it kept my load down, and I got thicker hits. I haven't tried the screen yet, I will give it a go. I do the same technique with my solo stems.

This is taking it back to what I was saying about my herb pulling up away from the heat and I was getting wispy hits, that's why I inserted the spring to begin with... glad I wasn't just having a crazy moment back there...:mental:

Just tested it out and yes, its pulling big puffs, and I don't have to work quite as hard to get them. Nice simple mod.

I bet this will make putting some dry concentrates in there so much more rewarding, along with some herb of course.

Top Bottom