Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

just discovered FC today, am a total vape noob, and after reading almost the entire EVO forum, I just gotta say THANK YOU to everybody (especially OF & the folks at TV)! I learned all the diffs between the TV models, detailed technique tips, and so much more, all in one night. Had I relied only on my local store, I never would have known the EVO even existed!

I'm going with the EVO LV + Smooth Flow, and I can't wait! Sad I'm too late for the Mom's day discount, but I'll take my 10% and run =).

thanks again to all of you for all your awesome posts, and thanks to TV for making products designed for your customers to love & enjoy forever (rather than to squeeze every penny out of them), and for providing such incredible support on this forum!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have a question about the temperature this thing should get when in operation. How hot should the outside get? In order to get it to produce vapor it gets very very hot on the outside. I did some readings with my IR Thermometer. The battery/thumb switch area was topping out at 150F. The white cap was reading at 150F. This session I managed to get about 3-4 visible vapor hits which was nice. They were not super thick but I was not expecting them to be. The ABV was a mix of tan and chocolate colors. There was not any black bits or anything. So it was not too hot. Is this a normal operating temperature?

Slightly Medicated,
just discovered FC today, am a total vape noob, and after reading almost the entire EVO forum, I just gotta say THANK YOU to everybody (especially OF & the folks at TV)! I learned all the diffs between the TV models, detailed technique tips, and so much more, all in one night. Had I relied only on my local store, I never would have known the EVO even existed!

I'm going with the EVO LV + Smooth Flow, and I can't wait! Sad I'm too late for the Mom's day discount, but I'll take my 10% and run =).

thanks again to all of you for all your awesome posts, and thanks to TV for making products designed for your customers to love & enjoy forever (rather than to squeeze every penny out of them), and for providing such incredible support on this forum!

FYI, TV folks, I tried purchasing just now & got a 403 forbidden error from Shopify (Ref 591c-57-1d-44-ca371a), and Google Checkout doesn't accept the FC coupon code (Shopify does). Just letting you know in case you want to follow-up with them. Will try again tomorrow!

Cheers!

thermodude,

OF

I notice the yellowing of the top metal where they must have warmed it up too much but after twisting mine apart I was able to press it back together using my palm and a table. I'll leave it together so I don't wear down the metal, but it's very tight.

I haven't posted in the Revolution thread yet, but long story short brakleen (acetone + heptane version) cleaned my rev to running clear in about 5 minutes.

Cool. The yellow metal is brass. This is a brass part under the plating. The base plug is the same material where the threads are, just not plated. With the exception of the fill tool (I think) all the metal machined parts are 6061 Aluminum or some form of non lead free machining brass, usually Electroless Nickle plated.

Good show on the brake cleaner, I'd have probably gone with carb cleaner in a push. Be sure to bake the living hell out of it before you breathe in what's left, they put some pretty nasty stuff in products like that sometimes. Thanks for the update there, good to know it's an option if I ever get in that deep.

I am right there with you, I like them both for different reasons. :) Each has their own personality.

I too have sat with one in each hand, going back and forth between them.....in the end I come up glad I don't have to make a choice between them.

OF

OF,

Polmol

FYI, TV folks, I tried purchasing just now & got a 403 forbidden error from Shopify (Ref 591c-57-1d-44-ca371a), and Google Checkout doesn't accept the FC coupon code (Shopify does). Just letting you know in case you want to follow-up with them. Will try again tomorrow!

Cheers!

Shopify?

Google checkout?

What?

Polmol,

OF

I have a question about the temperature this thing should get when in operation. How hot should the outside get? In order to get it to produce vapor it gets very very hot on the outside. I did some readings with my IR Thermometer. The battery/thumb switch area was topping out at 150F. The white cap was reading at 150F. This session I managed to get about 3-4 visible vapor hits which was nice. They were not super thick but I was not expecting them to be. The ABV was a mix of tan and chocolate colors. There was not any black bits or anything. So it was not too hot. Is this a normal operating temperature?

Yes, sounds like it to me. I've never put the pyrometer on mine, but I used to run tests on gear in a 50 degree C chamber on gear where the controls had about 20 degree rise. That's about 150F, about what I feel going on when I use mine. Hot enough to limit battery life, but not kill them outright. I generally avoid black bits and dump early (often with bubble still producing) and then put it in the HA and crank it up to get the last bits out. So I don't push it in the Evolution or other vapes usually.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country

Cheers!
TV might be having web issues again, did you try the regular check out system, instead of the google checkout? I think there should be 2 options at the check out to pick from. You can always email TV with your order and they can work with you, if the site isn't working properly.

jambandphan03,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

Cheers!

I just did a sample purchase to make sure the system works and it look like its all in order. I suggest trying a different web browser.

Also if the FC coupon doesnt work give my code a try 'Tim10'

Cheers,

Tim

Well, my Evo did not make it today despite having arrived at my state's main hub last night and despite the USPS tracking info still saying expected date of delivery "by May 16." That's today, USPS, and since the mail has already been delivered today, I am willing to bet it does not make it "by today."

I fucking hate the US postal service.

TheDudeNextDoor,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
Well, my Evo did not make it today despite having arrived at my state's main hub last night and despite the USPS tracking info still saying expected date of delivery "by May 16." That's today, USPS, and since the mail has already been delivered today, I am willing to bet it does not make it "by today."

I fucking hate the US postal service.
My tracking says the same thing. I am going to be pissed if it isn't there when I get home!
USPS tracking fucking sucks.

Vape N Bake,

OF

I just did a sample purchase to make sure the system works and it look like its all in order. I suggest trying a different web browser.

Also if the FC coupon doesnt work give my code a try 'Tim10'

Cheers,

Tim

I'm not sure that's really a valid test, Tim. Why not try ordering one of everything on you card and have it shipped to my house? I'll tell you when it gets here......

Sadly, that's not much of a secret. Not to worry, Obama is funneling the odd 25 megabucks a day in to back their lame act up. Must be a great job.....scan stuff when you feel like it, loose stuff when the mood strikes, get lots of overtime for it and the best retirement (other people's) money can buy......

I will agree the uniforms are a little dull and the company cars kind of funny looking and not to flashy, but hey, look at the security and benefits?

Good luck with them, they usually get it right you know.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Our local USPS is almost always a day behind the expected delivery date. I have just gotten used to waiting an extra day or two when expecting a package, and get pleasantly surprised when it shows up on time or early. Deep breaths....

My tracking says the same thing. I am going to be pissed if it isn't there when I get home!

Yeah, I was expecting it when I got home since the tracking confirmed that it arrived at my state's hub at 12:25 a.m. last night and still said delivery "by today." Should have known the postal workers would be too busy sucking at the government teet to actually be on time.

As an example, my local small town post office has four people working in there, and they shut down for an hour in the middle of the day for lunch. Really? Four people in the small office, and you can't stagger your lunches? Gee, I wonder why the USPS is losing money? If they were a private business in competition with other private businesses, do you think they would shut down in the middle of the day so that all workers can go to lunch at the same time. Dumb.

TheDudeNextDoor,
I am still waiting on a CD that was shipped 28 days ago. I have already contacted the shipper and he swears he shipped it on the specified day. I have another package that I shipped to a neighboring state on April 24 that has still not arrived. The last tracking scan was in Memphis on April 25. In trying to track it down, that's when I found out that USPS sometimes scans at hubs and sometimes doesn't. Apparently, like you say OF, they are not required to scan it each step of the way like UPS does, so they do it or not totally on a whim. Great way to run a business.

TheDudeNextDoor,

OF

Gee, I wonder why the USPS is losing money? If they were a private business in competition with other private businesses, do you think they would shut down in the middle of the day so that all workers can go to lunch at the same time. Dumb.

Excellent point. They wouldn't lock customers out in the middle of the day, even with the best Union in town (which PO workers have....). At least they wouldn't do it for long. Right up to the time they applied for work with the guy up the street who treated his customers better, of course.

What we have here is not dumb. It's abusive of the very customers they pretend to serve as best they can perhaps. A protected monopoly. Criminal in some places even. But one can hardly call them dumb......we're the one's paying the bills, right? Now that I see as kinda dumb.

It's kind of sad that their actually doing their job on time is so exceptional as to merit notice.

OF

OF,
What we have here is not dumb. It's abusive of the very customers they pretend to serve as best they can perhaps. A protected monopoly. Criminal in some places even. But one can hardly call them dumb......we're the one's paying the bills, right? Now that I see as kinda dumb.

It's kind of sad that their actually doing their job on time is so exceptional as to merit notice.

OF

Well said and very true. The guy I talked to in trying to find out where my package is. which represents about $550 that I will not get until the package arrives, advised that I use UPS and avoid USPS at all costs. He said they ALWAYS take longer, sometimes WAY longer, and they don't have good tracking controls. This is a guy whose entire business revolves around delivery both ways. How about that as a statement of the pathetic state of this governmental turd?

TheDudeNextDoor,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
How about that as a statement of the pathetic state of this governmental turd?
Amtrak anyone? :lmao:

1332822780212.gif

t-dub,

2clicker

Observer
In trying to track it down, that's when I found out that USPS sometimes scans at hubs and sometimes doesn't. Apparently, like you say OF, they are not required to scan it each step of the way like UPS does, so they do it or not totally on a whim. Great way to run a business.

UPS may be required to scan at each, but this does not always happen. I have WAY better tracking experiences with USPS then i do with UPS. plus USPS will actually take care of your package. this cannot be said for UPS trust me. ive seen packages thrown, kicked, played with like its a football... believe me UPS is well worse than USPS. they usually dont even knock on your door. they just drop the package on my doorstep and walk away. i asked a UPS guy why the delivery guy didnt knock on my door and he laughed. the faster they go the better for them individually so they dont give a rats ass if your package was damaged or not. or if you even know its there. i see it EVERY day from them. USPS still can suck, but not nearly as bad as UPS. i avoid brown like the plague when possible.

Well said and very true. The guy I talked to in trying to find out where my package is. which represents about $550 that I will not get until the package arrives, advised that I use UPS and avoid USPS at all costs. He said they ALWAYS take longer, sometimes WAY longer, and they don't have good tracking controls. This is a guy whose entire business revolves around delivery both ways. How about that as a statement of the pathetic state of this governmental turd?

i find this hard to believe. i find USPS to be much much faster than UPS. every single one of my orders from TV was delivered within 2 days of ordering. all via USPS standard Priority. the only way a UPS package will make it in 2 days is if you request a "2nd day" service... of which will cost you much more than USPS Priority. i also see tons of packages coming to and from and have the exact opposite experience from the guy you spoke with.

DHL, FedEx, etc... they all suck in some ways.

sorry for the off topicness

carry on

OF

believe me UPS is well worse than USPS. they usually dont even knock on your door. they just drop the package on my doorstep and walk away. i asked a UPS guy why the delivery guy didnt knock on my door and he laughed. the faster they go the better for them individually so they dont give a rats ass if your package was damaged or not. or if you even know its there. i see it EVERY day from them. USPS still can suck, but not nearly as bad as UPS. i avoid brown like the plague when possible.

I'm glad you're so fortunate to have good USPS support (since it seems UPS, FedEx and the rest are worse there) but I sincerely believe that is the exception, not the rule.

No doubt others can match you horror story for horror story. I used to work in the Mailing Equipment industry, visited a lot of Postal Places (say that 3 times real fast....) of many sorts, mail gets abused there too. As a tip, don't put anything on a post card you don't want shared if it's good and you want it delivered promptly......

Anyway, to get back to it, glad you have good service, I think folks should decide for themselves based on their experience? Advice is good and all, but experience trumps theory.

OF

OF,

VAPORIZER22

I have had similar experiences 2clicker. I always choose USPS when I can because packages always get to me sooner than UPS or FEDEX. All TV products get here in 2 days and by 10 am most days. Never had a problem with their tracking system either.

Always good to have choices.

OF

I have had similar experiences 2clicker. I always choose USPS when I can because packages always get to me sooner than UPS or FEDEX. All TV products get here in 2 days and by 10 am most days. Never had a problem with their tracking system either.

In that case I'm glad for you too, for the same reasons. But three weeks back the local mail person 'forgot' to leave the little 'sorry we missed you chit' and hid the registered package on a convenient shelf it seems. With no number on it, it just sat for a couple of weeks until they traced it down. By the next day they'd lost track of it again when we went to get it.....the carrier had it again (against procedure....again....). We got it the following day. Good show it was registered. Last week a package got returned to the sender when they couldn't find the house? And right now I'm waiting for a package still estimated to get here Monday. It seems to vary some.......

The best plan is probably to use what works best for you, when you have a choice.

OF

OF,

VAPORIZER22

In that case I'm glad for you too, for the same reasons. But three weeks back the local mail person 'forgot' to leave the little 'sorry we missed you chit' and hid the registered package on a convenient shelf it seems. With no number on it, it just sat for a couple of weeks until they traced it down. By the next day they'd lost track of it again when we went to get it.....the carrier had it again (against procedure....again....). We got it the following day. Good show it was registered. Last week a package got returned to the sender when they couldn't find the house? And right now I'm waiting for a package still estimated to get here Monday. It seems to vary some.......

The best plan is probably to use what works best for you, when you have a choice.

OF

I hear ya, I have had very bad experiences with the the other shipping companies not being able to deliver because they could not "find the house", and I am no where near the Bermuda triangle. Incompetent people and the indifferent find their way into all sorts of occupations.

OF

I hear ya, I have had very bad experiences with the the other shipping companies not being able to deliver because they could not "find the house", and I am no where near the Bermuda triangle. Incompetent people and the indifferent find their way into all sorts of occupations.

Boy, isn't that just it. House is in the exact same place it's been for years. The other mail didn't get lost that day. You can bet the carrier that screwed up and lost the registered package in the works never took any heat for it......great union, you know. The carrier we used to have was very chatty. Some of his stories would get you back to drinking in no time. The wild card seems to be the odd carrier that substitutes on the days off (Wednesdays here usually), they have a tendency to 'recycle mail' (drop it back to be sorted again) and dump the junk mail (which comes back to bite the carrier.....some people like that stuff it seems?).

As a roomie I used to have was fond of saying, 'we all have our crosses to bear'.

OF

Top Bottom