Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

You were very wrong make it now! :p
^ I need a few of these! Get crackin! :D

All right I'll bring it up again. As it happens I'm going over to TV tomorrow (at least that's the plan), I'll try to bring it up again.

Compared to some of the arm waving we get into, this one's pretty easy to make I think. A cylinder of PTFE with an o-ring groove and a stop shoulder that is a simple screw machine (or even CNC lathe) part, a piece of PTFE rod for a piston (shouldn't need an o-ring seal you'd think, but that's 'doable'), and a cover cap made from most anything (perhaps even a vinyl end cap?). The rub is making a pile of them would be pretty cheap per unit, but a few would be very costly.......

If I don't mention it again by say mid week, someone bring it up again?

Slick stacks are those non stick silicone containers.

The oil can sit in my car all day and get hot and gooey and i just stick the loader in and scoop up some oil with no problem and none of it sticks to the container so i dont have to worry about wax paper anymore

But i would totally buy that contraption you and tim contemplated if it ever became available. Sounds even better than the dart loader

Since you recommend them......

I just ordered a set to try out, thanks for the tip.

As I just said, I'll see if I can get it back on the list again since there seems to be some demand. Shows to go you how easy it is to make bad assumptions with this stuff based on personal experience......like eye glasses, can't shop for friends I guess.....

OF

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
this one looks interesting, have several sizes of the slick containers. They are sweet for the non-stick storage. This one has 6 separate sections...
photo-12.jpg

hanon

Hi, all! I heard that the issues causing all the warranty repairs have been smoothed out, so I'm about to order a CEO, and I'd like to also order some accessories.

Seems like I should get some "slick stacks" and a "dart loader". Any links for where specifically I can find these things, or any other must-have accessories? Maybe 3rd party batteries? Stealth tech?

hanon,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
this one looks interesting, have several sizes of the slick containers. They are sweet for the non-stick storage. This one has 6 separate sections...
photo-12.jpg

Yeah that looks cool, but for me i like the slick stacks because they are about the size of a qtr diameter wise, fit into pockets easily, and the cap can screw on or off as well as pop on or off. Theres also the nogoo containers which are similar but i saw them at a store and they had a funny smell so i went with slick stacks.
All right I'll bring it up again. As it happens I'm going over to TV tomorrow (at least that's the plan), I'll try to bring it up again.

Compared to some of the arm waving we get into, this one's pretty easy to make I think. A cylinder of PTFE with an o-ring groove and a stop shoulder that is a simple screw machine (or even CNC lathe) part, a piece of PTFE rod for a piston (shouldn't need an o-ring seal you'd think, but that's 'doable'), and a cover cap made from most anything (perhaps even a vinyl end cap?). The rub is making a pile of them would be pretty cheap per unit, but a few would be very costly.......

If I don't mention it again by say mid week, someone bring it up again?

Since you recommend them......

I just ordered a set to try out, thanks for the tip.

As I just said, I'll see if I can get it back on the list again since there seems to be some demand. Shows to go you how easy it is to make bad assumptions with this stuff based on personal experience......like eye glasses, can't shop for friends I guess.....

OF
Im sure you are going to love them. Its made my life so much easier and you wont lose anything from sticking absorbing into the wax paper or glass vials and they also dont break. Let me know your feelings when you receive them. They are a must have for all sub 0.5g capacity devices and if your bringing oil/wax out of your house

P.S. sorry for derailing the thread. For future reference the containers can be talked/read about in the oil slick products and nogoo threads found in the concentrates thread(concentrate related equipment subthread)

OF

Im sure you are going to love them.

P.S. sorry for derailing the thread. For future reference the containers can be talked/read about in the oil slick products and nogoo threads found in the concentrates thread(concentrate related equipment subthread)

Thanks, they look worth checking out for sure. And I don't recall you lying to me.....yet.

I don't agree with your apology, I think the Cera thread can stand it, it's useful information and I don't see it as derailing anything.....besides some of us don't get out enough to know such things exist unless you big kids tell us.....

OF

toros23

I just want to add, I purchased some of the oil slick pads and stored them in the same container with a jar of peppermint essential oil. They never came in contact and somehow those pads absorbed the odors from the sealed oil jar like a sponge. I tried cleaning with many different cleaning techniques with no success. I know this is different material than the containers you guys are talking about, but just thought it was worth mentioning. Anyone else had similar experience with the pads absorbing or reacting with other "stuff"?

toros23,
Reactions: Tom Funk

hanon

Dart loader isn't needed really. I do just fine w/o one.

Buy several batteries and a charger. Maybe two EO carts and the base. The water tip is also good. Maybe the O ring spares, but you can wait until needed, if it is.

Thanks! What's the purpose of having multiple EO carts?

Also, is there a consensus on the best batteries to get?

hanon,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I just want to add, I purchased some of the oil slick pads and stored them in the same container with a jar of peppermint essential oil. They never came in contact and somehow those pads absorbed the odors from the sealed oil jar like a sponge. I tried cleaning with many different cleaning techniques with no success. I know this is different material than the containers you guys are talking about, but just thought it was worth mentioning. Anyone else had similar experience with the pads absorbing or reacting with other "stuff"?

Well the oil slick pads looks like they are threaded or have pores from the pictures so i can see how they could potentially trap some aroma.

Ive only had the stacks for a little but but they came with no smell and still have no smell.

The nogoo containers are a little bigger i think. But like i said, at the store they smelled like apricots so I didnt buy them. I believe this was a known issue and they corrected it. It could also be from all the inscense or whatever in the store too. Theres also a brand called slik stacks(not slick) but they are almost identical to nogoo and dont have the threads on the container. The slik stacks also only come with 4 for the same price as nogoo which comes with 5

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Finally had to send my Cera in again! I had to jump on the laser weld bandwagon & I'am not sure if its a placebo effect or the laser weld has made my cera work better, no more hot switches and quicker heat up!!!
I still didn't get the top ceramic wafer replaced after I added a side note about adding one back in!!!
No biggie in my eyes I'am sure TET is busy as heck, so I fashioned a titanium strategically cut screen and added it inside, and now i'am In love all over again!!!
I cut a small enough rectangle's worth of screen rounded off the corner & bent into a V shape, I inserted it in and sits perfectly without moving and it provides a splash guard similar to the original ceramic wafer , also the bottom part of the V screen is actually close enough to the ceramic heating rod element that it vapes off oil but also I dont have half of the oil that i put in the cera on the ceramic ufo mouthpiece from splash-back...................she seems to keep the oil well contained and what does splash up hits the screen & gets vaped, rest that makes it to the flat ufo mouth piece is mi-nute in comparison to not having the ceramic top wafer in the EO core!
Sorry to ramble on!

Cera & Hiking!

Ricardooayee

Finally had to send my Cera in again! I had to jump on the laser weld bandwagon & I'am not sure if its a placebo effect or the laser weld has made my cera work better, no more hot switches and quicker heat up!!!
I still didn't get the top ceramic wafer replaced after I added a side note about adding one back in!!!
No biggie in my eyes I'am sure TET is busy as heck, so I fashioned a titanium strategically cut screen and added it inside, and now i'am In love all over again!!!
I cut a small enough rectangle's worth of screen rounded off the corner & bent into a V shape, I inserted it in and sits perfectly without moving and it provides a splash guard similar to the original ceramic wafer , also the bottom part of the V screen is actually close enough to the ceramic heating rod element that it vapes off oil but also I dont have half of the oil that i put in the cera on the ceramic ufo mouthpiece from splash-back...................she seems to keep the oil well contained and what does splash up hits the screen & gets vaped, rest that makes it to the flat ufo mouth piece is mi-nute in comparison to not having the ceramic top wafer in the EO core!
Sorry to ramble on!

Would you show some pictures of your EO core. My ceramic wafer is also out of the core I just kind of place it there so I have a splash guard. I want to see some other ideas lol

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Would you show some pictures of your EO core. My ceramic wafer is also out of the core I just kind of place it there so I have a splash guard. I want to see some other ideas lol

Ask and you shall receive, sorry I only took 2 pics hopefully you can see what I was trying to explain, but here they are ------------->

EDIT

I hope this helps!!!!!!
Just a temporary fix in my eyes, but I need to buy another EO core Before I get this one sent in again and rebuilt!!!
Now, it took me a few try's to get the right size and shape but you shouldnt have to apply any pressure to the screen inside the core risking breaking the ceramic disks & it should also come out very easily like mine with some hemostats or something similiar if need be!!!

A, V shaped screen or even an M shaped screen, both seemed to work perfectly for me!!!

Sorry pics dont really show much of the v shape, in the pics it looks a bit flat but its not!!!

Edit 2

more pics

hanon

It seems like the two best batteries to get are the following, with the best prices I've found being from fast tech.

• $13.62 shipped - Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack)
  • $11.03 shipped - Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries authentic cells / 2-pack

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
It seems like the two best batteries to get are the following, with the best prices I've found being from fast tech.

• $13.62 shipped - Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack)
  • $11.03 shipped - Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries authentic cells / 2-pack
Indeed, I do believe you have the top 2 batteries on the list , one heats up the unit a bit quicker (2250) & the ones last a tad longer (2900)!

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Don't know, but I would get the red AW cells 2000. They have been tested to be the best series resistance and life. You can get cheap or higher rating protected cells, but they wouldn't match the AW power (in my opinion)

Yeah that looks cool, but for me i like the slick stacks because they are about the size of a qtr diameter wise, fit into pockets easily, and the cap can screw on or off as well as pop on or off. Theres also the nogoo containers which are similar but i saw them at a store and they had a funny smell so i went with slick stacks.

I think there must be over a dozen brands of these containors. I own about 3-5 different brands. Each is different. For travel the smaller ones are nice. I use bigger ones for the home at the dabber station etc. I like the idea of having several types in one spot. I store all my wax in these however if it smells then I don't get it of course. Not sure if I have a nogoo. Slick, Slik Stok, the list goes one. I picked a couple in Germany I haven't seen here.

For the pads I use the cooking pads. The don't absorb anything and take cooking temps.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Don't know, but I would get the red AW cells 2000. They have been tested to be the best series resistance and life. You can get cheap or higher rating protected cells, but they wouldn't match the AW power (in my opinion)

Actually, the Pana 2250 has a lower internal resistance than the AW IMR 2000, and can supply as much (or more, really) current. The real winner in the AW IMR line is the 1600, but that has noticeably less capacity. The Pana 2900 has slightly more internal resistance than the 2250 or the 1600, but makes up for it in slightly longer run time. Shame that the last 800 or 900 mAh in the 2900 all happen below 3.3V; makes it a reasonable choice for an EO or EL core (since they will still work OK with less heat), but not so much for a LL core (which really shines with a fresh battery, but not so much with an almost used up battery).

:science:

If you want to look at a new and upcoming 18650 battery, you should check out the new Sony Lithium Ion Manganese 18650 cell that's very interesting. Like an AW IMR 1600mAh on steroids. Better specs for our use than either of the AW IMRs or either of the Panasonics.

Sony US18650VTC3

1600mAh
12mΩ internal resistance
1C recommended charge current (i.e., 1.5A)
Discharge rated at 30A continuous

With a 30 amp continuous discharge rating the Sony doesn't break a sweat at 5 to 10 amps. (The Cera cores draw just under 5 amps). At 10 amps continuous discharge from full to empty (until the cell drops to 2.5V), the battery temp (from internal heating) goes up less than 10°C (maybe less than 5°C, the graph is too low rez to be sure). So these new batteries will heat up the Cera cores faster than anything else on the market, and contribute less to heating the handle up. Interestingly enough, they will last almost as long as the Pana 2250, and longer than the AW IMRs. Though they're only rated at 1600 mAh, most of that capacity is delivered at above 3.3V, so most of the capacity is useful to a Cera user.

This battery is a great match for a high current, low resistance mech like the Cera. They can be had for $12/pair ($6 each), free shipping, from Fasttech. I already have too many 18650s, so I'm not ordering any; someone else can be the guinea pig this time.

:)

OF

Lots of good battery info.

Once again, Haywood has done his homework, I too find the 1600 to have a slight but useful edge on the 'better' 2000mAh AWs. Much like the 2250s do a little better than the 2900s.

It's also important to remember these guys are very close together at the top of the heap. The 'best' of the lot will be outperformed by the least after a hit or two....you'll be well served by any IMO.

While I've never tried the Sony but have no doubts based on what Haywood relates. My general advice is 'use either of the two batteries TV has shipped'......as Hanon suggests.

Enjoy it, it's why you spent your money, right?

OF

YeeeBuddy

My favorite way of loading the EO core is still a straightened large standard paper clip. Get a nice glob on the end and heat the middle of the paper clip with a lighter and the wax/oil will slide off usually i can get it right on the ceramic wafer without making a mess of the upper loading chamber. Then 5-10 second bursts of power to melt the stuff in.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
So this is for anyone who knows or for a thermovape rep... If someone purchased my unit, is the warranty and such transferable? Would all the info be able to be transferred into their name instead of mine? Or could they use my info to get any warranty work done if that was required?

Porquiplane,

OF

So this is for anyone who knows or for a thermovape rep... If someone purchased my unit, is the warranty and such transferable? Would all the info be able to be transferred into their name instead of mine? Or could they use my info to get any warranty work done if that was required?

The first answer is yes (based on past posts), the details of how that works in the other questions I don't know.

OF

Top Bottom