Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Herbalist23

Hey Herbalist23,

Hope you remembered to clean that razor before you returned it to your 'better half'. Wouldn't want you to be in the dog house when CERA arrives (LOL). Seriously nice setup you have there. Just wondering, do you have a preference regarding your cases? Best wishes with customs....

NN
Thanks,

nothing to worry about, its back in place, nice and clean, everything good:tup:
I'm not sure what you mean with preference regarding the cases. (form, disign...?)

mod note: thanks for noticing. Two posts merged.
Herbalist23

You're welcome, of course. Thanks.

Yeah, I see the grooves but got thrown off since it's the bottom I know, not the top with the (IMO useless) insert. Cool, thanks for the explanation. Also answers the nagging question I had about 'how come their generic case still seems to talk about cigars on the label'.... Very clever.

I didn't ever notice the smell in mine, so I just checked. It smells like hash oil......I kinda like it.....

OF
You're welcome, don't know about how hash oil smells:cry:

EDIT: Sorry for back to back posting!

Herbalist23

NoName

Thanks,

nothing to worry about, its back in place, nice and clean, everything good:tup:
I'm not sure what you mean with preference regarding the cases. (form, disign...?)

Herbalist23

I'm mainly concerned with the air/water 'tightness' of the cases so I was wondering about the latch quality between the 2. I noticed from your photos that the Otterbox' latches seem to be considerably larger than those on the Xikar (you also mentioned that the Otterbox was more difficult to open/close). If you were to venture an opinion, which of the two seem more air/water tight and less likely to 'accidentally pop open'. TIA.

NN

toros23

NN - I own both and the Xicar is a really nice case for the price but it uses a cheap foam in the top portion to make the seal. The material on the Otterbox is much tougher. It is very easy to damage the foam seal on the Xicar if it comes loose, which it has in both of mine. The latches on the Otterbox hold tighter and are less prone to accidental opening IMO. I am a big fan of Xicar for other things and I like my Xicar case, but I think the Otterbox is a bit better build quality.

jepjep13

Hey have there been any issues with the Cera oil cart leaking. I know the rev carts could if over filled I guess out of the air holes at the bottom. Thanks

jepjep13,
Reactions: OF

OF

Hey have there been any issues with the Cera oil cart leaking. I know the rev carts could if over filled I guess out of the air holes at the bottom. Thanks

Yes, you can also do it with Cera EO, although you do have to work a lot harder to do it. Loading .5 generally prevents problems, and in the case of accidental overfills the much larger volume inside the EO cart makes it easier to spread the excess around and keep it from pooling up on the bottom until enough vapes away. Because of it's different construction inside (vertical heater, not horizontal) it'll actually work completely full of wax. I've seen one that way. Not recommended of course, but not possible with Revolution/DART I think?

Just dropping in to leave this here...

Very cool, logical and easy to use. I'm sure it'll help folks a lot. I might even be able to find stuff on the TV site at long last.

Thanks.

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
wowee!!! so i was right. that .250ml difference is HUGE! i have great air flow now, i can pull thru my water piece well. props to whoever pointed out that the old TV WP adapter fits straight into the cera, btw.
i can see why OF and toros23 thought i might've been mistaken. that crack is TINY. am so glad i sent it back tho. holee sheeeiiiiit! no more clogged omi cart feeling. my mobius and dirty rico both reflect airflow when activating, the more flow, the more the percs fire and b4 my dr would only fire 1 or 2 rows, now it's 5 or 6. thick milky hits. much happier camper over here.

Darb

wowee!!! so i was right. that .250ml difference is HUGE! i have great air flow now, i can pull thru my water piece well. props to whoever pointed out that the old TV WP adapter fits straight into the cera, btw.
i can see why OF and toros23 thought i might've been mistaken. that crack is TINY. am so glad i sent it back tho. holee sheeeiiiiit! no more clogged omi cart feeling. my mobius and dirty rico both reflect airflow when activating, the more flow, the more the percs fire and b4 my dr would only fire 1 or 2 rows, now it's 5 or 6. thick milky hits. much happier camper over here.
.250ml difference in what?

JoeKickass

I think he means 0.25mm (ml is liquid), the little gap where the eo cart draws air from.

Bob does your core flow free when it's cold too? Mine is pretty restricted until I melt the oil

JoeKickass,

Herbalist23

I'm mainly concerned with the air/water 'tightness' of the cases so I was wondering about the latch quality between the 2. I noticed from your photos that the Otterbox' latches seem to be considerably larger than those on the Xikar (you also mentioned that the Otterbox was more difficult to open/close). If you were to venture an opinion, which of the two seem more air/water tight and less likely to 'accidentally pop open'. TIA.

NN
You're welcome, just like toros23 said!
I would choose the Otterbox over the Xikar for traveling, hiking, rafting etc., since it is realy hard to open,
I doubt it opens accidently.

EDIT: I have to press the Otterbox to open the latch without hurting my fingers!

Herbalist23

Herbalist23,

NoName

NN - I own both and the Xicar is a really nice case for the price but it uses a cheap foam in the top portion to make the seal. The material on the Otterbox is much tougher. It is very easy to damage the foam seal on the Xicar if it comes loose, which it has in both of mine. The latches on the Otterbox hold tighter and are less prone to accidental opening IMO. I am a big fan of Xicar for other things and I like my Xicar case, but I think the Otterbox is a bit better build quality.

You're welcome, just like toros23 said!
I would choose the Otterbox over the Xikar for traveling, hiking, rafting etc., since it is realy hard to open,
I doubt it opens accidently.

EDIT: I have to press the Otterbox to open the latch without hurting my fingers!

Herbalist23

Toros23/Herbalist123:

Thanks to both of you. Just the info I was looking for. Guess it's time for a little on-line shopping. Now where did I leave my credit card?......Thanks again! Happy vaping!

NN

Herbalist23

Toros23/Herbalist123:

Thanks to both of you. Just the info I was looking for. Guess it's time for a little on-line shopping. Now where did I leave my credit card?......Thanks again! Happy vaping!

NN
You're welcome again, I found mine on amazon;)

EDIT: It is the Otterbox Drycase 3000 BTW

Herbalist23

Barack o-Ganja

Hi everyone, I am really trying to have an enjoyable experience with my cera but there always seems to be a problem. so i just got it back after sending it in for a problem, now my loose leaf heater core will only turn on for a few seconds before shutting off, i don't know if this is the batteries or something with the cera it self has anyone had any similar problems?

The batteries were fully charged

yesterday it was working just fine before i charged the batteries

the screw part of the loose leaf cera is loose slightly, idk if that's normal or not

one of the batteries made a hissing noise when i was testing it

it gets really bright before shutting off

Barack o-Ganja,

OF

I've never had a battery make a hissing noise but it sounds like that particular one could have given up the ghost.

For sure.

This one's got me stumped for now. Sounds like way too much current shutting down the battery protection circuit.....only IMRs don't have them.....

Say, what battery are we talking about? A protected battery and a LL core with a badly distorted heater coil that could short to the wall (raising the current dangerously) might be in play?

OF

OF,

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
Just dropping in to leave this here...
Does this mean the EL core revisions are in effect? I was under the impression that the previous listing was de-activated due to it being no longer for sale until revised but that could be confusion on my part. I need to swap mine out when I get my second EO core and interface back if that is the case tho :p

Cheerful Dub,
Reactions: Tom Funk

Breathemetal

Damn...
This thread! ADKds;flka;lsdDDA

Makes me want to sell my SSV to my buddy and get a Cera for my daily driver!
The MFLB and VB2 don't cut it for me anymore as portables. My tolerance is beyond what they can administer.

Breathemetal,

bill

I have a issue with my Cera. the switch is getting nice and hot. Its only taking 20 seconds or so for it to get noticeably hot. Has anybody else had this problem? Thanks

bill,

TheRobbo

Doesn't sound good at first guess I'd say the switch is breaking down or possibly the connection of the strap to the ring the switch assembly screws into. Either one will cause a point of high resistance, in turn causing heat in the wrong place (Ie: not in the heater).
Have u noticed a drop in production? Increase in time to start seeing a glow?
I'd contact TET and get her looked over.

R

Top Bottom