Discontinued Thermovape Cera

GR

Bumbed I can't keep a Cera working for two weeks. Looks like laser welded needs another repair. I guess having laser welds can't keep me running longer then solder.

I have a two week vacation coming up, Cera is not looking like the travel companion for this trip, I have owned it for 8 weeks and only had it functional for 4 weeks, time to contact TET so I can get another trouble ticket and send it back.

Gotta admit I am frustrated, medical grade materials but if I can't count on it it is useless.

So far I have more time involved in a non functioning unit then a working one. A torch and nail may be loud but it has never failed me.

Can't go on a vacation with a product that won't deliver consistently. I guess health stone and torch lighter and an Omni cart is what goes on vacation. Yes if the Cera is back in time I will take it, but I can't trust it to work for a solid two weeks.

I am pissed off a nail works flawlessly as long as a torch lights, oil vapes as long as there is proper heat ugh,

GR,
Reactions: steama

Darb

Bumbed I can't keep a Cera working for two weeks. Looks like laser welded needs another repair. I guess having laser welds can't keep me running longer then solder.

I have a two week vacation coming up, Cera is not looking like the travel companion for this trip, I have owned it for 8 weeks and only had it functional for 4 weeks, time to contact TET so I can get another trouble ticket and send it back.

Gotta admit I am frustrated, medical grade materials but if I can't count on it it is useless.

So far I have more time involved in a non functioning unit then a working one. A torch and nail may be loud but it has never failed me.

Can't go on a vacation with a product that won't deliver consistently. I guess health stone and torch lighter and an Omni cart is what goes on vacation. Yes if the Cera is back in time I will take it, but I can't trust it to work for a solid two weeks.

I am pissed off a nail works flawlessly as long as a torch lights, oil vapes as long as there is proper heat ugh,
You could put together a copper power supply to get you by.
Luckily I have already made one because my Cera is sent back for repair too. I sent one of my EO cores for a rebuild too. Heat up times were getting slow even with a properly working power supply.

OF

Sorry folks for the drunk posting above, can't edit it now. Cera spring had compressed and needed some stretching, all is fine this morning with Cera but my head hurts.

First off, I'm glad it's not the welded strap and also of course glad you're up again. Be a bit cautious with that spring, it's not a common hardware store thing, it's a fuse of sorts. It's intended to collapse in overloads, but having done so it's weakened and should be replaced.

It's hard to say if it was overloaded or just marginal in length (there's a big variation in battery lengths making this part even more dicey). In either case, bending it is a questionable fix. If weakened it may well collapse again in normal use.

Rather I suggest trying inserting a dime under the bottom of the battery (above the spring) for a while to see if a slightly longer spring will be a good long term fix before messing with it directly.

I had to run one of the Beta switches with two dimes as it came up quite short when I took the sliding switch out. It was a domed version, so it was replaced with the newer flat style for testing (with a longer spring attached) when the new momentary was being tested.

The switch, tube and spring unscrew from the end cap with a little coaxing, you might contact TV and see if you can trade that part with them? They might be willing to ship you a replacement switch insert while you continue using the marginal one you have, sending it back when the replacement comes?

Thanks for the update and good luck.

OF

GR

Thanks OF, I am up to sped from earlier posts of yours about the spring. I only stretched it a few mm, it seems gravity is compressing my spring since I usually stand it up, old Omni habits are hard to break. I will talk with Zeki about getting a replacement spring.

toros23

Even the best customer service becomes pointless after a certain number of returns for repair. :(

With the body failures continuing to be an issue, or so it seems, I can't help but think about the thread adapter for these poor souls who are faced with issue of having to send body in for service...

sneaky101

But holly hell — I think I hate nails and torches even more.

Tell me about it. I we t a week or so just using my Cera and now that I'm back with my curve, the taste with the Cera has really started to show. But I did have an issue while I was away...impatience really. Wasn't in a good spot to let the oil melt down all the way before I started and it ended up overflowing on me and eventually leaked out of the body on me. Quite messy...but lesson learned!

On a side note, I just looked at TET's website and it showed pics of the EO Cera with a drip tip on it...is that how it's coming now? I could definetely see an advantage using it this way just to ensure I don't gunk it up again.

sneaky101,

green2brown

4g Legendary PK CO2 concentrate, 2g Strawberry Shortcake everclear sap-shatter, 1g Golgi Punch everclear sap-shatter, 1g PG, 1g Sour Jack wax, 1g Blue Dream shatter, .5g Alpha Dog shatter, .5g GSC budder, .5g Candy Kush budder, .5g Dr. Grinspoon everclear shatter, and a Cera EO in the mail. See you all next year!

:mmmm:

OF

I feel for you my friend. That really sucks. I have been hating the same type of things. I am just hoping it will stop as I have grown weary. Even the best customer service becomes pointless after a certain number of returns for repair. :(

I agree things should not need service, but it's not really as dark as that....at least this time. There's a follow up post from the next day when the OP realized it was a short spring which he's corrected (at least for now).

I also agree, if they didn't work so well, guys wouldn't keep coming back for another pass. I feel kind of left out since I've had one longer than anyone else I know of, and have loaned it out to several guys who 'rode it hard and put it up wet', and have not really had any trouble along the line. Even my original dome switch got pulled out so I could Beta test the flat version while it was still going fine. Clearly 'the statistics of small groups' is making it hard for guys to get perspective here....or at leas that's what I think I see happening....

OF

NothingToSeeHere

Accessory Maker
Custom MP's are going out today!
KZ2woS1.jpg

Rocco

So this question is for those who have sent in the Cera for repair lately.. What was the best method of contacting TET? Ive emailed the emails on the website and messaged Thermocarlo, its been over a week since the emails I sent using TETs website and I have also contacted Thermocarlo and its been several days no reply....This is quite a drag..
So has anyone else used different or the same ways of contacting TET? and if so how id it work out for you?

Thanks for your time everybody.:peace:

Rocco,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
So this question is for those who have sent in the Cera for repair lately.. What was the best method of contacting TET? Ive emailed the emails on the website and messaged Thermocarlo, its been over a week since the emails I sent using TETs website and I have also contacted Thermocarlo and its been several days no reply....This is quite a drag..
So has anyone else used different or the same ways of contacting TET? and if so how id it work out for you?

Check your spam? When I started my first warranty request with Magic Flight, my gmail decided to tag it as spam, so I didn't see it until I checked. Give them a ring as well, they should have a number on their site. I believe Zeki is in charge of the phone. We're on west coast/PST time, so that's something to also consider.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: NoName

NoName

Check your spam? When I started my first warranty request with Magic Flight, my gmail decided to tag it as spam, so I didn't see it until I checked. Give them a ring as well, they should have a number on their site. I believe Zeki is in charge of the phone. We're on west coast/PST time, so that's something to also consider.

Hey Rocco,

I'm with Q - try giving them a call. TET has been updating their website/software recently - it's possible your email(s) might have been lost/overlooked in the process. I'm sure Zeki can get you back on track. Good luck - hope you get a quick turnaround.

NN

NoName,
Reactions: Rocco

Rocco

I forgot to mention that Calling TET was the first thing I did, I called once or twice a day for two days before emailing them,it all went straight to voicemail or directed you to the website so i didnt leave a message, probably should have. Guess ill try the phone again. Thanks guys

Spam folders arent showing any emails either :shrug:

Rocco,

green2brown

I forgot to mention that Calling TET was the first thing I did, I called once or twice a day for two days before emailing them,it all went straight to voicemail or directed you to the website so i didnt leave a message, probably should have. Guess ill try the phone again. Thanks guys

Spam folders arent showing any emails either :shrug:

Very strange. I received e-mail responses from Zeki on Monday to questions I sent just a day earlier.

green2brown,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Very strange. I received e-mail responses from Zeki on Monday to questions I sent just a day earlier.

Same here...actually same day turnaround! Even with my bad attitude email (I have issues writing "nice" letters) they got me hooked up. I would venture to guess that if its a wait, its waiting on the right person to get the correct answer for you.

Zingbuddah,

druminfected

Just got mine tip already from nothingtoseehere! very awesome indeed! The shipping was super fast and I got everything as NTSH said in description. I personally only have a EO atm, but am getting a LL cart soon but didn't want to pass this up. I'm interested in how well this will work with the EO as well. those lil ceramic screens are pretty kewl!

i wanted to try it but now my EO isn't even working. don't know what's wrong with it, I was just using it and not it won't heat up and i put a full battery in it to see if that was the problem and still no heat. any fixes for this please let me know, I was just starting to fall in love with the EO and now it don't even work! :/

skesseks

Just got mine tip already from nothingtoseehere! very awesome indeed! The shipping was super fast and I got everything as NTSH said in description. I personally only have a EO atm, but am getting a LL cart soon but didn't want to pass this up. I'm interested in how well this will work with the EO as well. those lil ceramic screens are pretty kewl!

i wanted to try it but now my EO isn't even working. don't know what's wrong with it, I was just using it and not it won't heat up and i put a full battery in it to see if that was the problem and still no heat. any fixes for this please let me know, I was just starting to fall in love with the EO and now it don't even work! :/

Wow. Mine won't arrive until tomorrow.

Top Bottom