Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

I know there's plenty of happy users out there but I do see quite a few failed Ceras in this thread, which now includes myself. :doh:

Bummer, I'm sure TV will put it right quickly when they get it for you as they have in all the cases we know about?

I know it's a tough message, but remember the view through the web is highly distorted. For instance the actual number of 'old style' core failures all fit in a coffee cup about a year back, and there were 7000 total units in service at the time I asked and they showed me. Yet, to read the two major threads at the time you'd think the world had come to an end. All sorts of non and other issues got blamed then as now I think?

There are some 'known issues', switch and strap connection issues in the case of Cera it seems; your chances of finding a different failure is small. That is to say it's almost certain that it's a problem there and not in the core. There were "a few" Cera core failures early on when there was lots of fiddly hand labor involved and the coils had to be 'tweaked' a lot, since the new tooling/process there have been none as of my last visit. This change is in roughly half the total cores made, and all those from the last couple of months. The nature of the sort of heater wires used is to get harder and brittle with heat. This makes flaws fail early if they're fatal ones usually, cores that make it a few dozen sessions are probably good for the long haul as they have no human induced flaws or at most very minor ones.

Good luck, hopefully it won't be too long a separation.

Can't you just send in the tube and switch? People don't have to ship in the eo core and mouthpiece and bits that have oil do they?

I agree completely. If it were mine, I would not ship the core (or battery) unless/until the rest tested OK. As I just said, the chances of the problem being in the core are extremely remote.

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I neglected to do a full viewing of my video before my last upload and, wouldn't you know it, my video software had messed up the export in a whole new way. My precious overproduced transitions looked terrible! I got a fixed version uploaded here now. The description also includes the complete music credits now.

Lesson learned, don't rush the last mile!!

Thanks for all the likes, everyone. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ohh boy, am I excited, I just got the last mail from Zeki that I needed, and I'm seconds from ordering:D
One last thing though lol, I remember the talk earlier in the thread about the different wattage outputs between the 3. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was:

EO - 14w
LL - 16w
EL - 16w

Now if my use will be about 80/20 with mostly the LL, would it be best with the 16w or what are your experiences?

Thank you.

Vaporiffic

Vaporiffic,

Herbalist23

Hello nopartofme,

I would like to enjoy your video too, but once again my country is against me!
I couldn't see it because of the music (from EMI?), and the GEMA (Assosiation for publishing rights) hasn't got the publishing rights for this music, not your fault!

Sometimes I feel like I live in the wrong country, especially in relation to cannabis.

BTW, my Cera seems to be still on its way back to TET, almost 20!!!! days now, its a pitty!

Herbalist23

OF

EO - 14w
LL - 16w
EL - 16w

Now if my use will be about 80/20 with mostly the LL, would it be best with the 16w or what are your experiences?

I guess I don't follow. Those are, I think, the correct valuse for EO and LL but EL is on hold (you can't get one) and we don't know what the power will be when the new model comes out (if I was to guess, I'd think it might be a little lower heating a smaller volume?).

However, for now there is no consumer choice on powers. I've tested many levels of powers in both cores, and while not my first choice (I'd opt for lower powers personally) I think those values and suitable and well chosen for the expected users.

It also worth noting that over the useful life of the charge on the battery (first bowl to last before recharge) is quite large. A core delivering 16 Watts at 4.2 Volts on a fresh charge (3.8 Amps, 1.1 Ohms) will draw 3.36 Amps at 'half discharged' 3.7 Volts for 12.5 Watts. Take that down to 3.3 Volts and you're down to 3.0 Amps and 9.9 Watts at 3.3 Volts. From 16 to 10 Watts.

Not to worry, the power shipped was well tested and is IMO a good compromise, favoring 'cloud chasers' if anything.

OF

I guess I don't follow. Those are, I think, the correct valuse for EO and LL but EL is on hold (you can't get one) and we don't know what the power will be when the new model comes out (if I was to guess, I'd think it might be a little lower heating a smaller volume?).

However, for now there is no consumer choice on powers. I've tested many levels of powers in both cores, and while not my first choice (I'd opt for lower powers personally) I think those values and suitable and well chosen for the expected users.

It also worth noting that over the useful life of the charge on the battery (first bowl to last before recharge) is quite large. A core delivering 16 Watts at 4.2 Volts on a fresh charge (3.8 Amps, 1.1 Ohms) will draw 3.36 Amps at 'half discharged' 3.7 Volts for 12.5 Watts. Take that down to 3.3 Volts and you're down to 3.0 Amps and 9.9 Watts at 3.3 Volts. From 16 to 10 Watts.

Not to worry, the power shipped was well tested and is IMO a good compromise, favoring 'cloud chasers' if anything.

OF

Thank you for that, I think I misunderstood the previous posts. I thought the wattage was for the base unit (not the core), I am planning on both the LL and EO core.

Vaporiffic

WoopWoop just ordered it finally (fingers crossed) now for the sweet agony called delivery time - ohh yea, feel the burn!

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Hello nopartofme,

I would like to enjoy your video too, but once again my country is against me!
I couldn't see it because of the music (from EMI?), and the GEMA (Assosiation for publishing rights) hasn't got the publishing rights for this music, not your fault!
I figured someone would run into something like that, really I'm lucky YouTube let my soundtrack remain on the video. In the future, if you've got a video that YouTube isn't letting you watch, I think a website like ProxFree might make it work for you.

TheRobbo

Man I love the support TET offers a few Weeks ago I contacted Zeki with a request to send in my unit for a check up. That's right a check up she was working I was just not convinced on all cylinders, as I really couldn't get more than 1 bowl per battery, and being in Australia I wanted to get things checked out before they went south completely. It is all in the timing really, I had to have some time away from vaping any way so the time away isn't as painful as it could be had it been an unscheduled pit stop :-)

And what do you think the response from the gang was when I asked if they could look at my possibly fine unit??? "Yeah sure not a problem send it in, it is no trouble at all"

It is so refreshing to find a company that actually cares about their customers and stands so strongly behind their product. Thank you TET and thank you Zeki for tirelessly responding to our incessant wants/needs.

R

Tom Funk

Hey Robbo,

Time away from vaping law related? I remember you saying they took your plants. I hope your hassels are working out OK.

TF

Tom Funk,

TheRobbo

Nah not that bad although related. Because the plants came up on a police check (even though I have still not been formally charged yet) for a new job I thought it prudent to stay away for a few Weeks just incase they say anything or want me to piss in a cup. They haven't yet but I'm not 100% out of the woods yet. One thing is for sure when I can welcome Cera home from her check up,she will probably kick me square in the balls as I should have absolutely no tolerance left (been 6 Weeks off now)

Hmmm never thought I'd actually look forward to a kick to the nuts :-P

R

Edit: Just want to say thanks for caring Tfunk and to all FC u guys really feel like family to me!

Tom Funk

Nah not that bad although related. Because the plants came up on a police check (even though I have still not been formally charged yet) for a new job I thought it prudent to stay away for a few Weeks just incase they say anything or want me to piss in a cup. They haven't yet but I'm not 100% out of the woods yet. One thing is for sure when I can welcome Cera home from her check up,she will probably kick me square in the balls as I should have absolutely no tolerance left (been 6 Weeks off now)

Hmmm never thought I'd actually look forward to a kick to the nuts :-P

R

Edit: Just want to say thanks for caring Tfunk and to all FC u guys really feel like family to me!

You're welcome. Hope it goes well with the new job. Let us know when you get Cera back.

I know what you mean about getting kicked in the nuts. I've always had a low tolerance, but when I got my T1 as my first vape, I had been off for 6 years. Took about 5 or 6 pulls, which all produced good clouds thanks to the technique tips of OF, Haywood, Pipes and the crew. Didn't count for the creeper effect. That was a night to remember!

Tf

Herbalist23

Hey guys,
just want to post some pictures, but can't do it, because the post is to long.
I was shorten it several times, but everytime to long?
Any sugestions?

Herbalist23

Herbalist23,
Reactions: OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hey guys,
I was shorten it several times, but everytime to long?
Any sugestions?

Herbalist23

You can post back-to-back if it's absolutely necessary, but if it's that long you really should try to edit it down more. I believe the length limit is determined solely by the character count (10,000 if I recall correctly) but I've never tested that.

OF

Hey guys,

You can post back-to-back if it's absolutely necessary, but if it's that long you really should try to edit it down more. I believe the length limit is determined solely by the character count (10,000 if I recall correctly) but I've never tested that.

I'm not 100% sure those both fit each other.

Including a photo in a post will take up a huge amount of space (making it too long) which may be the issue?

The way to do it is to upload the photo to a hosting site, I use ImageShack but there are others. It's a free account that holds the photo and gives you a link (called a 'forum link') that you include in your posting here (a single line that start "URL=http" with square brackets). Your computer then goes to that site and downloads the photo saving Forum bandwidth.

Is that the issue?

OF

OF,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm not 100% sure those both fit each other.

Including a photo in a post will take up a huge amount of space (making it too long) which may be the issue?

The way to do it is to upload the photo to a hosting site, I use ImageShack but there are others. It's a free account that holds the photo and gives you a link (called a 'forum link') that you include in your posting here (a single line that start "URL=http" with square brackets). Your computer then goes to that site and downloads the photo saving Forum bandwidth.

Is that the issue?

OF

This is off-topic here, but...

The only way to include an image is to link to it. It therefore takes up only the space needed to include the URL. If it's too long, it has too many characters. I say that because if images are the problem, it tells you that you've got too many images (> 20) not that it's too long. He said it was too long.

pakalolo,

OF

The only way to include an image is to link to it. It therefore takes up only the space needed to include the URL. If it's too long, it has too many characters. I say that because if images are the problem, it tells you that you've got too many images (> 20) not that it's too long. He said it was too long.

Sort of. Yes, it's the only way to post photos (that I know of) and only adds the URL link, but the rest doesn't square with my experience.

"Pasting" an image in (as 'text') gets you rejected for being too long, even for a fairly small photo....I've had it happen. That's why I finally caved in and started posting photos here with ImageShack. And it was only one photo, not twenty. There are other ways to put a photo in (or try).

Bottom line is use a hosting service and post the correct link here and it'll work.

OF

OF,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Sort of. Yes, it's the only way to post photos (that I know of) and only adds the URL link, but the rest doesn't square with my experience.

"Pasting" an image in (as 'text') gets you rejected for being too long, even for a fairly small photo....I've had it happen. That's why I finally caved in and started posting photos here with ImageShack. And it was only one photo, not twenty. There are other ways to put a photo in (or try).

Bottom line is use a hosting service and post the correct link here and it'll work.

OF

The only other way to try to add a photo is to paste a graphic from your clipboard. I don't know what happened to you, but by design TinyMCE (which is the editor xenForo uses) recognizes a graphic in the clipboard and simply refuses to paste it. Before anyone jumps in and says that emoticons get pasted: that's because you're pasting the code (:smileycode:) for the emoticon not the graphic.

Bottom line is use a hosting service and post the correct link here is the only way it'll work.
Topic please.

Herbalist23

Hey guys,

I think I got it now (thanks pakalolo,OF), don't want to cause trouble:doh:
Here is my little arsenal, without my Cera though:cry:
Received my last order today: 1x XTAR VP1 charger, 2x CGR18650CH(2250mAh), 2x NCR18650PD(2900mAh), 2x waterproof battery box

cimg2550.jpg

The other 2 CGR18650CH, battery box, Otterbox and Xikarbox I got some time ago.

cimg2551d.jpg

cimg2552n.jpg

cimg2553.jpg

I cut some tiny straps of foam to avoid rattle in the battery box (small below).
The foam of the Otter-/Xikar box is from peli.
I just cut the edges with scissors, then used wifeys "fluff razor" for trimming:brow:

cimg2554g.jpg

The foam for the Otterbox needed some special treatment (its a bit smaller), because I want to keep the original outer edges (since they are thicker).
So I just cut it crosswise, took one line (horizontal and vertical) of the precutted cubes and use carpet tape/Pattex Repair Extreme to put it together again:cool:

cimg2555b.jpg

I will use the Otterbox for traveling (since its hard to open/close it), so only batteries and (hopefully) Cera.
The Xikar box is for daily use, so I added my Space Case jar for goodies:lol:

cimg2556h.jpg

Me and my setup are ready for Cera:rockon:
I hope you all enjoy!?

Herbalist23

OF

I think I got it now (thanks pakalolo,OF), don't want to cause trouble:doh:
Here is my little arsenal, without my Cera though:cry:

I will use the Otterbox for traveling (since its hard to open/close it), so only batteries and (hopefully) Cera.
The Xikar box is for daily use, so I added my Space Case jar for goodies:lol:

Most cool, glad you got it sorted out. Looks like a true happy home you've set up for the Cera.

In a fun way I too use a Xikar case for mine, but it's made for cigars so it comes with a series of shallow grooves in the foam, ideal for the Cera body and batteries and other stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/XiKar-X-treme...d=1370106314&sr=8-1&keywords=xikar+cigar+case

Very tough cases for sure, most secure.

Thanks for sticking with it and getting the photos up.

OF

Herbalist23

Most cool, glad you got it sorted out. Looks like a true happy home you've set up for the Cera.

In a fun way I too use a Xikar case for mine, but it's made for cigars so it comes with a series of shallow grooves in the foam, ideal for the Cera body and batteries and other stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/XiKar-X-treme-Protection-Rugged-Travel/dp/B001CZH7PI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370106314&sr=8-1&keywords=xikar cigar case

Very tough cases for sure, most secure.

Thanks for sticking with it and getting the photos up.

OF

Thanks OF,

I know you are using the Xikar too, just looked for it because of your recommendation(thanks btw)!
If you look carefully, you'll see the grooves too, just on the upper side.
I took out the humidor chip and washed the foam, because it smelled discusting, then put it back on the upper half of the box!

Herbalist23

NoName

Hey Herbalist23,

Hope you remembered to clean that razor before you returned it to your 'better half'. Wouldn't want you to be in the dog house when CERA arrives (LOL). Seriously nice setup you have there. Just wondering, do you have a preference regarding your cases? Best wishes with customs....

NN

OF

Thanks OF,

I know you are using the Xikar too, just looked for it because of your recommendation(thanks btw)!
If you look carefully, you'll see the grooves too, just on the upper side.
I took out the humidor chip and washed the foam, because it smelled discusting, then put it back on the upper half of the box!

You're welcome, of course. Thanks.

Yeah, I see the grooves but got thrown off since it's the bottom I know, not the top with the (IMO useless) insert. Cool, thanks for the explanation. Also answers the nagging question I had about 'how come their generic case still seems to talk about cigars on the label'.... Very clever.

I didn't ever notice the smell in mine, so I just checked. It smells like hash oil......I kinda like it.....

OF

Top Bottom