Discontinued Thermovape Cera

ThermoCarloTV

Thermo Essence Technologies
Company Rep
We have received a few phone calls and e-mails regarding ship dates-

I'd like to update exactly where we are on orders as of today, 3/21/2013.

• As of today, 3/21/2013, all cera orders placed BEFORE 1/28/2013 have either been shipped out or are on deck to be shipped out. There are NO cera orders placed after 1/28/2013 that have been shipped- nor has any shipping notifications been sent out for those orders.
  • In the event you DID have a shipping notification and your order was placed AFTER 1/28/2013, then it was either a glitch or your order does not have a Cera.

WTF?? I ordered my Feb 4th! And Carl got email with shipping info and Carl ordered his feb 14!!! TET will expect a call from me at 9am pacific time and I have Zekie on speed dial. That is some bullshit. No offense Carl, more power to you with receiving your Cera. Yeah I am being a hater right now. I am pissed off and have been patiently waiting and will continue due to wanting to get my highly anticipated Cera! I am running low on my kolatopins to keep my anxiety down! I need a tool to start smoking these oils I've been storing since Feb 4th, the first day I ordered. Anyways, I'm just venting but I will be making a call this morning for sure. Any suggestions on not letting my tongue loose when I call TET today??? I am open for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Howdy, welcome to the Forum and the (soon to be) Cera owner's club. Good choice for a first vape, but it's gonna spoil you on the next one. Good timing as well, lots of guys have waited way longer than a month. Hopefully those days are behind us now and lead times will get shorter and shorter from here out.

That's not exactly what Noah said, really. He said 'concentrates with more than 20%', a VERY big detail. Putting say 30mg of bud in with 120mg of oil is asking for a flood out, perhaps even before it gets warm. IMO the other way about is closer. Put 30mg of oil in with 120mg of bud, being sure the bud is on the bottom, and you're probably fine.

Cera LL is a conduction (let's make that convection vape....I knew better, really I did...) vape designed for herbs that just happens to handle bubble hash pretty well. The material and construction prevent stuff from sticking and the bubble doesn't contain enough 'liquid THC' in any one place to give melting a chance. It just quietly evaporates from the trichome or cell it happens to find itself in when the heat comes on.

"Real concentrates", solvent refined ones that aren't locked up in little bundles, are best done in the EO cart for a whole host of reasons.

My advice is to depend on the foil test to guide you. If it melts quickly and easily, flows freely and evaporates off cleanly (or nearly so) you have to soak it up in something. EO carts use built in porous ceramic 'sponges' to do this, with LL you need to do that. Remember it flows easier when hot and gravity will try to let it drain down into the heater between tokes.

Take is slow, stay attuned to the results you're getting and follow the results you like and you'll do fine. Keep an eye on your battery charge, too. Swapping out batteries early is a good plan when you're learning the little rascal.

Best wishes with your new best friend. IMO you'll thank yourself years from now for switching from blazing to vaping......that putting burning weed fumes into your one and only body will kill you off early if you let it.

OF

Oh Shit!... I just opened the forum and saw this response to my post... I hope you didn't give TET too hard a time because I TOTALLY SCREWED UP and said I ordered my Cera on February 15th, when I actually meant JANUARY 15TH!!!
Been crossing my fingers so long waiting for my shipment... I totally understand feeling chapped when others seem to be 'cutting you in line'!!

So sorry for the mix-up... I know the folks at TET have their hands full, and hope this hasn't caused too much drama!

xclarryx

will the ones shipped in todays batch have the new wrapper on the battery they were talking about a few pages back?

xclarryx,

OF

Oh Shit!... I just opened the forum and saw this response to my post... I hope you didn't give TET too hard a time because I TOTALLY SCREWED UP and said I ordered my Cera on February 15th, when I actually meant JANUARY 15TH!!!
Been crossing my fingers so long waiting for my shipment... I totally understand feeling chapped when others seem to be 'cutting you in line'!!

So sorry for the mix-up... I know the folks at TET have their hands full, and hope this hasn't caused too much drama!

Not a bit of it! Confusion spoken here. Cera can do that.....even before it gets shipped. Talk about powerful......

Bottom line's still the same. Welcome to the show. Same stuff still applies.

FWIW I really liked January better anyway I think?

OF

OF,
Howdy, welcome to the Forum and the (soon to be) Cera owner's club. Good choice for a first vape, but it's gonna spoil you on the next one. Good timing as well, lots of guys have waited way longer than a month. Hopefully those days are behind us now and lead times will get shorter and shorter from here out.

That's not exactly what Noah said, really. He said 'concentrates with more than 20%', a VERY big detail. Putting say 30mg of bud in with 120mg of oil is asking for a flood out, perhaps even before it gets warm. IMO the other way about is closer. Put 30mg of oil in with 120mg of bud, being sure the bud is on the bottom, and you're probably fine.

Cera LL is a conduction (let's make that convection vape....I knew better, really I did...) vape designed for herbs that just happens to handle bubble hash pretty well. The material and construction prevent stuff from sticking and the bubble doesn't contain enough 'liquid THC' in any one place to give melting a chance. It just quietly evaporates from the trichome or cell it happens to find itself in when the heat comes on.

"Real concentrates", solvent refined ones that aren't locked up in little bundles, are best done in the EO cart for a whole host of reasons.

My advice is to depend on the foil test to guide you. If it melts quickly and easily, flows freely and evaporates off cleanly (or nearly so) you have to soak it up in something. EO carts use built in porous ceramic 'sponges' to do this, with LL you need to do that. Remember it flows easier when hot and gravity will try to let it drain down into the heater between tokes.

Take is slow, stay attuned to the results you're getting and follow the results you like and you'll do fine. Keep an eye on your battery charge, too. Swapping out batteries early is a good plan when you're learning the little rascal.

Best wishes with your new best friend. IMO you'll thank yourself years from now for switching from blazing to vaping......that putting burning weed fumes into your one and only body will kill you off early if you let it.

OF
Hey OF!

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum, and for your always-useful feedback!

Regarding my literal interpretation of TET's general distinction of the LL being appropriate for use with products containing '20%> plant matter' ... I totally understand and agree with what you're saying.

With all of the amazing concentrates available nowadays... I am starting to see an EO cart in my near future!! ;–) When I ordered my Cera and started following this forum, I must admit that I thought all of you folks who ordered multiple carts were a little nuts... Now I envy your foresight!! :-D

As to being spoiled by owning the best straight off... I can live with that!
I have been combusting in various forms for 20+ years (as well as smoking cigs for much of that time) and I really wanted to get a device that could help me commit to switching once and for all. As I mentioned before, my experiences with the Atmos was less than inspiring.

YeeeBuddy

I'm finding one of my biggest problems with getting consistant LL vapor seems to be the load "coming loose" from its nicely packed position and lifting up when i inhale, when this happens it seems like the hot air is going more around the load than through it. I can tell when this happens when in the middle of my inhale i feel the load move and the draw becomes alot less restricted and the vapor gets inconsitant . Packing it down in between hits helps but is kind of annoying, anyone got any suggestions? Pack it tight as hell so the load cant move around?

Edit: going back to a half packed bowl seems better, I think my herb is too sticky and when i pack it pretty tight I'm forming it into a little weed ball that then moves around as one.

OF

With all of the amazing concentrates available nowadays... I am starting to see an EO cart in my near future!! ;–) When I ordered my Cera and started following this forum, I must admit that I thought all of you folks who ordered multiple carts were a little nuts... Now I envy your foresight!! :-D

You're welcome, of course. Glad to contribute as I think most are. You included.....

If you have good concentrates available and didn't order an EO cart, ya missed it. Seriously. LL is a very good vape. EO is in a class by itself. All alone. Nothing like it.

And just because you've finally figured out which month it is you ordered doesn't mean you can't be wrong with that 'I guess you guys weren't nuts after all' stuff......prove it!

OF

iamn3ko

Whatt up guys. Here are the videos I promised, please dont mind the fact that Im super stoned in the videos. But what you see is what you get. Both of the videos are one full shot, I just cut my face out of a few shots.

Please try and watch in highest quality you can.

Hope you guys like it!

The first video is the Close up of the Cera and 2 shades of abv. I love taking these super macro shots of my weed, beautiful. I liked the close up views inside the oil core and the LL core.

This second video is a demo of my open EQ style mouthpiece/ extendo MP (portable whip style).
Im really happy with how this is working now, I personally enjoy larger clouds as I am still a smoker (sorry), and this is giving me exactly what I want. This is very easy to use, starts up quicker and I feel like Im getting my hits quicker. Like I said I ordered ceramic mouthpieces and ceramic screens to try and keep with the all ceramic vapor path (will be here in next few days, will post pics).

coffinoff

I was kinda hoping the "Feb 14th" rumor going around meant mine would be on the way really soon. At least the confusion got cleared up but... fuck. I'm probably still a couple weeks out at least.

Oh well. Could be worse, right? At least they're not telling us there's a delay. Things have been pretty consistent so far.

Edit: iamn3ko-- That's bad-ass.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Nice videos iamn3ko, thanks! In the first video, when you were shooting the closeups of the ABV, even the brownest of the ABV still had appreciable visible trichomes. The greener ABV had lots more, including some that still had their bulbous tops. You can get way more out of your loads before relegating them to the ABV pile...

iamn3ko

Nice videos iamn3ko, thanks! In the first video, when you were shooting the closeups of the ABV, even the brownest of the ABV still had appreciable visible trichomes. The greener ABV had lots more, including some that still had their bulbous tops. You can get way more out of your loads before relegating them to the ABV pile...

Thanks!

Yeah totally, thats why i mentioned it could get wayy lighter and wayyy darker. I usually run it til it gets pretty dark. Then i throw it in that jar full of my abv, and do something with it. lol. Those were just some examples. I know how it looks after it's processed is kind of a big thing around here. heh ;)

The uneven-ness is totally due to the fact that I don't have my grinder right now, notice the bigger nugs (of the abv) are the darkest pieces compared to the smaller leaves.

iamn3ko,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Whatt up guys. Here are the videos I promised, please dont mind the fact that Im super stoned in the videos. But what you see is what you get. Both of the videos are one full shot, I just cut my face out of a few shots.

Please try and watch in highest quality you can.

Hope you guys like it!

The first video is the Close up of the Cera and 2 shades of abv. I love taking these super macro shots of my weed, beautiful. I liked the close up views inside the oil core and the LL core.
Man, that stabilization effect on your phone makes things look so trippy. :o
There were some great shots in that first video, always fun seeing the LL core glow. The wax looks so tasty… That mouthpiece setup you got going is very cool, nice job incorporating the screen and everything. I'm interested to see those ceramic mouthpieces you mentioned.

iamn3ko

Man, that stabilization effect on your phone makes things look so trippy. :o
There were some great shots in that first video, always fun seeing the LL core glow. The wax looks so tasty… That mouthpiece setup you got going is very cool, nice job incorporating the screen and everything. I'm interested to see those ceramic mouthpieces you mentioned.

Ha thanks, yeah YouTube complained my video was too shaky and did that for me. It's weird huh?

I'm really liking this mouthpiece. I really like the extended piece on it too, it's like having a portable whip vape, it's nice for chillin on the couch with.

As for the glowing core, I loved seeing that, but I am interested in what that wire/ rod is thats in there, I believe I mentioned "what is that?" When I saw it

iamn3ko,

hooperbell

Is it just me or does it seem like there are an unusually high amount of problems with Cera's? Regardless of whether it's a simple fix or has to be sent back in, I'm kind of shocked that so many people have reported issues. Kind of makes me question why Nate left again?

:nope:

hooperbell,

PB88123

Vaporist
A lot of these vaporizer companies are doing something for the very first time. It's how you handle the issues and what the final product is like.

PB88123,

hooperbell

A lot of these vaporizer companies are doing something for the very first time. It's how you handle the issues and what the final product is like.
Yeah I agree. But this is not TV's first time around 'the block' and they did have a perfect product launch with the T1. I agree with you that it's how the issues are handled and what the final product is like. But the issues were terribly handled for the first ~2months~ and the product appears to be unrefined.

hooperbell,
You're welcome, of course. Glad to contribute as I think most are. You included.....

If you have good concentrates available and didn't order an EO cart, ya missed it. Seriously. LL is a very good vape. EO is in a class by itself. All alone. Nothing like it.

And just because you've finally figured out which month it is you ordered doesn't mean you can't be wrong with that 'I guess you guys weren't nuts after all' stuff......prove it!

OF
Challenge accepted!

Now to figure out how to order a EO cart solo... Doesn't seem like the website will let me order without the body.

Didn't say you guys weren't nuts... Just that I wanted to join the mix! ;-D

OF

Challenge accepted!

Now to figure out how to order a EO cart solo... Doesn't seem like the website will let me order without the body.

Didn't say you guys weren't nuts... Just that I wanted to join the mix! ;-D

Call or email TV. Lucky for you your unit hasn't shipped yet, they can just add it to the order without shuffling deliveries.

As to becoming an official nut, it's like the Masons....only different. IMO with a first message like yours' you're showing exceptional promise for a new guy.....

Or maybe it's more like the Clampers?

OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm finding one of my biggest problems with getting consistant LL vapor seems to be the load "coming loose" from its nicely packed position and lifting up when i inhale, when this happens it seems like the hot air is going more around the load than through it. I can tell when this happens when in the middle of my inhale i feel the load move and the draw becomes alot less restricted and the vapor gets inconsitant . Packing it down in between hits helps but is kind of annoying, anyone got any suggestions? Pack it tight as hell so the load cant move around?

Edit: going back to a half packed bowl seems better, I think my herb is too sticky and when i pack it pretty tight I'm forming it into a little weed ball that then moves around as one.
This is exactly the issue I've discussed in some detail in some earlier posts ... I'd even say its the most likely candidate for being the biggest issue for effective LL use for most users .... I still haven't decided on my best method to prevent this yet ... Moving more air through faster and in higher volume produces the most vapor but if the load lifts its all wasted energy (just a bunch of hot air)

OF

If you want to keep it packed down, then insert a solo screen. It will hold it down nicely.

I find if mine is dry enough it doesn't cake up in the first place. It shrinks back some but comes out in basically the same size pieces that went in.

Then again, I'm not a big clouds kinda guy which may also be a factor. I'll pack it tight sometimes, but don't honk on it to be seeing how much it can give.

OF

OF,

sneaky101

So I finally ordered my Cera EO a couple of weeks ago with one battery and charger (still waiting of course) and decided to order the 4 batteries from amazon for $26. Got my order confirmation number and got the package today, but something didn't feel right with it. When I got in and opened the envelope, which was clearly marked "lithium ion batteries", it had the DVD "Black Women Work Out Too". WTF!!! Man, gotta deal with amazon again over a f*%k up! Just hope I can get my spare batteries in stock before I get my Cera. Good luck to all those who ordered some batteries from there.

Top Bottom