Discontinued Thermovape Cera

JoeKickass

And if so is there an adapter available anywhere so it can be used with the ultra
I shouldn't tell you this.. but technically, yes, there exists one, in a land far away to the West. A land where time means nothing and there are gardens as far as the eye can see.. a land, of retirement :lol:
Fellow Vapers,

I know this isn't going to help anyone's angst at the delay in shipment but lookie what I just invented:

It's a little crooked (it shifted some as I soldered it up) and the wing nut is unfortunate (but all the local Hardware Store had in 3/8-24 nuts) but that's a chopped down thread adapter (the one for running Omicron carts on TV supplies in fact) soldered on the nut with the center post trimmed to fit.

It's sitting on the Alpha Ultra supply (the one that uses 14500s) making a full blown Cera oil cart rig that's shorter than the Persei body (alone) and smaller in diameter....a tiny bit under 4.5 inches bottom to tip. Anybody want to guess how it hits?

Gotta get TV on board with this. What we really want, I think, is new adapter pieces (complete with switch) threaded for Cera instead of 510 carts for both the T1 and Ultra supplies. That is replace my kluge and the TV piece under it with a new fitting. Give your existing TV gear a new lease on life.....no, an exciting new life is more like it.

Talk about a DART on steroids........

OF

OF

I shouldn't tell you this.. but technically, yes, there exists one, in a land far away to the West. A land where time means nothing and there are gardens as far as the eye can see.. a land, of retirement :lol:

Actually I've made half a dozen or so of them, mostly using brass hex nuts rather than the wing nut I used on the first one. I even made one with a m601 connector to put on Persei. You can see the latest version in my "Tri Cera Tops" photo:

I'm sure TV will produce an improved version in due time. It is a fun little gadget.

OF

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
Hello FC I'm pleased as punch to present v2 of my latching switch mod...

Now with pretty lights! :science:
308z9ew.jpg
261kvvr.jpg

MTV Pimped my cera!:cool:
2wddhxc.jpg

And here's how I did it:
5v7t52.jpg
1qlit2.jpg

v8d3t5.jpg

Thanks to a helpful tip from tim I replaced the steel contact spring I was using with a copper one that can handle the current without getting hot. This is posted for educational purposes only so attempt at your own risk. Enjoy :peace::leaf:

Zuhallem

Wise you are to Vape
Actually I've made half a dozen or so of them, mostly using brass hex nuts rather than the wing nut I used on the first one. I even made one with a m601 connector to put on Persei. You can see the latest version in my "Tri Cera Tops" photo:

I'm sure TV will produce an improved version in due time. It is a fun little gadget.

OF
Hehehe, TriCeraTops

iamn3ko

1st of all OF, I caught it the first time around. I thought it was hilarious. I also caught it this time as well, still just as good.

2nd of all J.D. 420, WHHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!! Sick! Kudos to you. I wish I was tech savvy enough to do stuff like that. I'm creative with what I got. But I could never put together something like that

Incase anyone is wondering at all this is what I do for my ceramic screen, I put the core O-Ring around it (fits perfect), keeps it in place inside the thermal cap.

2552v0p.jpg

Unfortunately my ceramic mouthpieces were apparently "Delivered" but never showed up... :/ so now I have to track this shit down. Now I know what Tweek was going through. ;) ha kidding, no way this compares.

Any ways, I tinker with everything I have, everyday pretty much. And stumbled across this, the EQ heater screen fits nice and snug inside the Cera cap. Random, but good to know maybe?

2ia786q.jpg

Tweek

1st of all OF, I caught it the first time around. I thought it was hilarious. I also caught it this time as well, still just as good.

2nd of all J.D. 420, WHHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!! Sick! Kudos to you. I wish I was tech savvy enough to do stuff like that. I'm creative with what I got. But I could never put together something like that

Incase anyone is wondering at all this is what I do for my ceramic screen, I put the core O-Ring around it (fits perfect), keeps it in place inside the thermal cap.

2552v0p.jpg

Unfortunately my ceramic mouthpieces were apparently "Delivered" but never showed up... :/ so now I have to track this shit down. Now I know what Tweek was going through. ;) ha kidding, no way this compares.

Any ways, I tinker with everything I have, everyday pretty much. And stumbled across this, the EQ heater screen fits nice and snug inside the Cera cap. Random, but good to know maybe?

2ia786q.jpg

I do something similar, except I drop the EQ screen into the bowl, the put the outer cap back on and jam some heat resistant tubing down the center. Lately I have been using a glass adapter with much success. I find I get better cloud production with a more open airpath.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Yep the very same
First off, excellent work there. Very nicely done.
If interested I searched for a similar switch and found almost the identical switch here. This switch has a higher current rating of 10 amp @120 volt where as the switch you used is rated at 3 amp 250 volt.
Also, curious as to how the top of the copper strip picks up the top of battery. Is it a finger type contact?
I assume this is the method which was originally designed into the Cera. Tricky stuff.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
After some other suggestions I devised this set up for LL Cart (works for oil nicely too) It is a 14mm adapter that would attach to silicone tubing. It's like a turkey baster tip!! :nod:
CeraProps.jpg

It fits in pretty snug, but I did insert it thru a small washer on the inside of the cap. (it was airtight even before I did this) I also tucked a pipe screen init as a filter. I have been pre-heating loaded and then drawing very deeply for 20 or so seconds. The increase in airflow seems to really improve the clouds but moreover allows you to taste vapor as it goes in to regulate the hit. It will get ya right medicated this way boys and girls...

iamn3ko

^^ :whoa:

EDIT: whats the airflow like on that thing, compared to a factory cera?

Dude IMHO I love the flow on this, it's A LOT more open flow, not restricted at all. Must have a screen though, it's a hollow drip tip so if you don't you'll get stuff in your mouth, but so far mine works great. Gives me good EASY vapor (with an easily acquired technique of course). The restricted MP that TET supplies is beautiful and awesome so I'm in no way trying to put that on the back burner, it just was not working FOR ME And I refuse to let something like this go to waste, because now it's working like a champ for me.

EDIT: Just realized I'm a "Well Known Member" here now. Cool!

xclarryx

bluntcrush so could you say in theory, a LL cart would be optimised through some glass where you could get a bigger stronger draw going?

Musicslv

My Cera EO arrived today! First impression? It's smaller than I thought it would be, excellent. Second impression was where's the freekin directions? I cant even find the earlyer videos made in the lab on loading procedures. Well, I'm sure it's not all that hard to figure out, you put in the battery, load the oil, push the button, inhale... But... not even a online guide? (or is there?) Ok I'll stop whining now and get busy toking. :)

Musicslv,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I know that it was mentioned there is instructions on line I believe written by the famous OF IIRC.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
First off, excellent work there. Very nicely done.
If interested I searched for a similar switch and found almost the identical switch here. This switch has a higher current rating of 10 amp @120 volt where as the switch you used is rated at 3 amp 250 volt.
Also, curious as to how the top of the copper strip picks up the top of battery. Is it a finger type contact?
I assume this is the method which was originally designed into the Cera. Tricky stuff.

Nice find. Might give one of these a try. The upper contact is formed by folding the copper tape in on itself a few times to make it protrude slightly to contact the battery.

J.D.420,
Reactions: Pipes

OF

I know that it was mentioned there is instructions on line I believe written by the famous OF IIRC.

Yes, I wrote some up a ways back, but that didn't get shipped as I thought was going to happen. Tim said that they were edited and posted somewhere, but not being a Facebook type someone else will have to find them if you can't.

You might also contact them and ask? FWIW no or minimal instructions seem very common in this industry. If lots of guys will hold off on trying to prove me wrong by showing the instructions they like for their favorite vape I can be spared from coming up with examples of other vapes that also don't have lots of instructions? Doesn't fix your problem, of course, just saying it's not uncommon.

Unlike other vapes, this one is not promoted anywhere. One might even think if you weren't reading these threads (and therefore have access to the best and latest instructions) you won't be a customer?

Anyway, if you can't find what you need (either by looking or asking elsewhere) come back and we'll see what we can do...... But I suggest you don't just "put in the battery, load the oil, push the button, inhale..." You want to confirm suitable concentrates, weigh stuff out and melt it in well before hitting.

Best wishes.

Nice find. Might give one of these a try. The upper contact is formed by folding the copper tape in on itself a few times to make it protrude slightly to contact the battery.

I assume you also invert the battery? That is plus down.

OF

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
bluntcrush so could you say in theory, a LL cart would be optimised through some glass where you could get a bigger stronger draw going?
Yes-
It seems to help with the draw...there is no restriction so you can control your first "pulling air thru to warm herbs" a little easier without trying to find the right way to puff on the regular mp (IMO) Nothing wrong with the standard mp and I almost prefer it for oils, but for LL it seems to open up some flow (which by the way is WOLF backwards)

Top Bottom