Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

Has anyone had an issue with restrictive draw on the eo cart.

Cart still empty. Very restricted draw. If I cover 3 screw holes to test draw through each only 2 get slight draw. Other two clogged completly.
Vg cart full has much easier draw.
Any advice on additional cleaning or should I send it in.
Don't want to waste tets time if I can fix it myself.

While it sounds like perhaps a port or two plugged in loading I'm a little lost here. There are four ports into the core, not 3. One each under each mounting screw through the core body into the base socket. They are the same, but more restricted than with the LL core (the body blocks access). They're under the lip above the threaded section, in the angular channel.

Anyway oil and juice cart are more restricted normally, I don't quite understand what you're seeing, however.

OF I am directing this to you and I guess the other guys who know power stuff, is it possible the mods to hold the switch in are overloading it and blowing it out hence why maybe TET dumped the idea of it locking? I mean to say one of the reason cause I know there was the hot and overheating issue as well.

Anything is possible, but I doubt any mechanical 'switch pusher' is a problem. Switches should not care how the pressure is applied to compress the spring.

I think TV faces the same lack of appropriate 'drop in' switches the rest of us are finding. That, probably coupled with run away concerns is what I think is driving the decision. When a suitable latching switch surfaces they may reconsider, but I don't expect a change based on just that much. Could well be wrong there, of course.

What I can say is the taste from the LL cart was very good, it never got too hot or harsh to the point i'd have to cough, it was overall pretty smooth.. I did get a few good puffs, for comparison they were light kind of like the Pax on low or the INH004 on 3-4?? I'm sure its supposed to be able to give me much thicker and dense vapor, as Noah kept saying in his videos.

Also I feel like the thermal cap is a MUST if you use the LL cause that thing gets hot and you dont want to accidently put your lips on there.. I can imagine one of my friends hitting it weird and burning their lips on a 2nd session.. We'll see if its the same once I get a good Cera.

Below my cart got really hot also, where the pin holes were and a little beneath it.. got burned a few times on that area..

Great to hear it's improving steadily (at last it seems so). I get a little lost with all these cases at once, what is 'not good' with the Cera itself at this point? TIA

Looks like we might have are first failed core OF :cheers:

I'm having a little trouble here.....you're celebrating because a Forum Member is having troubles????

Do you really wish TV ill that much? Or is it me?

OF

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
Bummer about the problems some people are having with their ceras, but these kind of things happen with any new product. Happy to report that mine has been running like a champ. After a few days of playing around with the thing I've been able to get dense, consistent vapor. OF was right on the money with his instructions. I kind of like that the cera requires skill to use. it's like a light saber, only a true jedi vaporist can wield one properly :cool: hehehe

The latching switch mod really changes the way you use the cera interestingly enough. With the momentary switch I found myself hunched over it greedily sucking down vapor like some kind of demented stoner golem. After the mod I find I tend to lean back and hold it in my hand like a cigar, taking a leisurely puff every now and the as I melt in to the couch. Night and day difference. Referring to LL core by the way. Probably not as big of deal for EO and EL users though.

Bart

Let me rephrase. If I cover the four holes with the Allen set screws I get zero airflow on eo cart
On eo cart only 2 of the set screw holes allow airflow but extremely restricted.
So around the base is completly clogged. Any ideas to get it opened up.

Bart,

hooperbell

All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
I'm having a little trouble here.....you're celebrating because a Forum Member is having troubles????

Do you really wish TV ill that much? Or is it me?

OF
I think it's you.

Haven't you heard the saying, "failure is good for success?" Now they can inspect that failed core and learn how it happened so they can prevent it in the future. Failure------------>Improvement ;)

hooperbell,

OF

I think it's you.

Sadly, so do I. It was, after all, a comment addressed to me wasn't it?

I understand the 'attack the messenger' thing, suddenly it's all the rage in many places. Here, however, I'm not sure what I've done that's so bad as to merit this except be right too often? Maybe it's trying too hard to defend what I consider sound advice or question what I see as misleading/questionalbe advice out of concern for those who come here seeing reliable information. Whatever, I feel no inclination to change, what I do is too useful to too many to make a few happy that way.

In that vein, no I've never heard "failure is good for success" is such a venue. I've done a more than fair bit of QC and QA over the years. We tend to root cause analysis and other techniques that involve collecting objective data on events, not jumping to conclusions based on partial information. Once it's confirmed the core is actually bad (if so), then the conditions will be investigated which may or may not yield useful information. Someone skilled in the area will make the call then. A potential field problem is never a good thing or any cause for celebration where I come from. It's a Customer Support, Quality Assurance and maybe a QC issue in that order. Where action goes from there depends. Not all such things are inspection issues you know. It's a system that assures quality. It could well be a vendor or design issue, or simply within the bounds of what statistics tells you is normal.

At least that's how I think a smart company handles this. Based on TV up to this point, it's surely what I expect. If there is a problem, they will root it out and take care of it and protect their customers as well as possible. I think most share that view.

OF

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
What symptoms are caused by a loose set screw in an LL core? I took my cart out for fun, just to look at it and where it screws in, and noticed that one of the four screws is indeed a little loose. It's barely recessed from the ceramic, and if I lightly wiggle the bottom it doesn't seem to wiggle directly in tandem, like the other three do.

nopartofme,

OF

What symptoms are caused by a loose set screw in an LL core? I took my cart out for fun, just to look at it and where it screws in, and noticed that one of the four screws is indeed a little loose. It's barely recessed from the ceramic, and if I lightly wiggle the bottom it doesn't seem to wiggle directly in tandem, like the other three do.

No problem at all. In fact, at one point, Tim was experimenting with removing one completely. You probably don't want it backing out if it's really loose so you might want to be sure it's snugged down well. It needs a .035 inch hex key, fairly common but not in all 'corner hardware stores'. Many kits end at .050.

The depth really doesn't mean much, the screws have a dimple for a screw stop, but that's not always two turns up. The other day when they taught me to wind heaters and build the LL cores I found a there was some difference in ending length.

BTW, be careful not to go too far on the tension bit. The stop is pretty small and the tube thin at that point, it's easy to muscle your way past it and screwing the screws in too deep will short circuit the cart out. "Gut und tight" as the Germans say, but no more.

Good luck. IMO a single loose screw is not a big deal....if it is loose?

OF

hooperbell

I understand the 'attack the messenger' thing, suddenly it's all the rage in many places. Here, however, I'm not sure what I've done that's so bad as to merit this except be right too often?
:uhh:

I've never heard "failure is good for success"
Some pretty compelling stuff here... http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-28243713/10-ways-failure-leads-to-success/

The scientific method

. It's built on the concept of making an assumption, experimenting, proving it wrong, and continuing until you can't prove it wrong.

Innovation

. The whole startup innovation loop is a learning curve based on trial and error

Strategic planning

. Any strategic planning process must begin with an analysis of what's working and what isn't. The "W" in SWOT stands for weaknesses, and with good reason.

Post mortems

. If you don't do post mortems on lost customers and failed product launches and marketing campaigns, you're far less likely to get it right the next time.

Mod note: Stop questioning members and quibbling about semantics. And, if you have nothing further that is useful to add to this thread, please move on.

hooperbell,

OF

OF said:
I've never heard "failure is good for success"​

Some pretty compelling stuff here... http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-28243713/10-ways-failure-leads-to-success/

You just can't resist the urge to quote me out of context now can you? It's bad enough when you try to blame me for your misunderstanding the heat issues with Cera by misquoting me and branding me a liar but this one's not even on a different page. Most folks will know what I just said.

Quality Control and Assurance are well developed subjects in light manufacturing. The theory and practice being taught and practiced far and wide (Toyota being a classic example). It is in no way dependent on 'fluff' articles from CBS about general business. It's just not about the stuff in the article you cite.

It's becoming real clear to me you've no real interest in promoting accurate and useful information about Cera which is my goal here. Attacking me isn't helping that. If you have a point to make about something I actually said that relates to Cera information of value, please feel free to bring it up. But for now I'm happy to drop the issue as I think taking it any further does no useful service to the readers.

Thanks.

OF

chevelle970

Would it be possible to use the EO cart for e-liquid? Is it much different than the GL cart? Are the two carts built differently?

chevelle970,

OF

Would it be possible to use the EO cart for e-liquid? Is it much different than the GL cart? Are the two carts built differently?

Did you mean '....different than the EL cart'? The one for 'juice'?

Last word I got was they were the same except for the power. The 'juice guys' want vapor as fast as possible, so they pushed the heater for that cart to the wall. Oil will still work there, but it runs a bigger risk of burning and kills the battery faster. Juice in the oil cart will be fine, just slower to come on by a bit. Be sure the sucker is squeaky clean if you decide to switch from one base to the other, I understand they don't mix at all well in there.

Good luck.

OF

Skored

You know one thing after a other and now its dead in the water it just sucks not even 3 weeks old, and now ya it will be like probably a month before I even see this unit again.

It does suck that you are out of commission. But it won't take one month for you to receive your device back in working order... that is if you live in the states. My experience with TET in regards to returning CERA was pretty good - They received my shipment in two days, repaired and got it out the same day, and I received it two days later. I live in Texas, so that timeline will most likely change depending on where you live. But it's a quick turn around since TET will most likely ship the repaired Cera the day they receive it.

Savilion

Hello FC. I v been following the Cera thread for a while now , I own a Cera....what a beast !!!!!!

Just a quick question, When i boil the cart how do I dry it out? and how long do I let it dry before I can use it again.

Thanks in advance.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Hey all!

Batteries came in nice and early and we were able to send out a ton of Cera's!

A big thanks again to NoName for swinging by and helping us get packaging ready! Forever grateful!

Cheers,
Tim
Thats great news, iam so excited, just wondering if your shipping the january or February orders yet!!!!?????
THANKS TET for all your hard work!!!!!!!!!!
I ordered a cera eo in February with no batteries just the charger and the unit!!!! waiting anxiously!!!!

OF

Hello FC. I v been following the Cera thread for a while now , I own a Cera....what a beast !!!!!!

Just a quick question, When i boil the cart how do I dry it out? and how long do I let it dry before I can use it again.

Thanks in advance.

Howdy! Welcome to the Forums and congrats on you purchase choice. If you're that confident it's a beast, you've clearly met the challenge personally.

When I've boiled mine I had good luck with 'shaking it out' inside a towel while still hot. That seems to get most of the water out. If you don't put it in the toaster oven (200F, maybe an hour) it's still going to have some water in there you need to clear before fresh oil. Once, when in a hurry, I used self heating. I'd run it until I could hear it sizzle inside then slack off and let it coast until it stopped. It still took a while, the toaster oven would probably have been faster.....sure would have been easier. Otherwise, sitting out overnight didn't do it. I think it needs heat or a very long time.

OF

Tweek

I second the oven idea. I can't tell you how long it took me to try and cook out all the water using battery power alone...she really likes to hold onto what you feed her.

Savilion

Thanks OF and thanks Tweek !! I don't own a toaster oven, would a regular oven work just as good? I m cleaning it because Iv ran about 6 grams through it and now the porcelain wafer on the top is black. This is normal?

JoeKickass

Thanks OF and thanks Tweek !! I don't own a toaster oven, would a regular oven work just as good? I m cleaning it because Iv ran about 6 grams through it and now the porcelain wafer on the top is black. This is normal?
Yes and it's good you got 6g before it did! Cleaning will not turn it white. As long as you can still see the pores of the ceramic it shouldn't feel too clogged.

OF

You're welcome.

Larger ovens can work, but sometimes have local hot spots (and therefore cold spots) that can make it OK for a turkey but not so for us. If it's what you have to work with it's what you have to work with. Traditonal work arounds include wrapping it in foil (not useful here since it'll keep the water vapor trapped) and heating the over up, putting the parts in, shutting it down and letting it coast. A time or two of this (say 1/2 each time?) might do just fine?

Otherwise, as JKA correctly says, the dark stain is only cosmetic. If they pores are open it'll function just fine. Such stains were common on Revolution/DART as well. Same thing, cosmetic only, not a functional problem.

My current plan is to only clean the cart when I have to. You're going to loose 1/4 gram or so each time and until it really fouls up it still puts out huge volumes of very tasty vapor.

Glad you're enjoying yours, that's what they're for you know. Enjoying, not fighting them for a hit.

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Just want to give a shout out to the whole TET Team, keep up the good work!!!!!
I just called to confirm an added order & to my pleasure Zeki noted that my Feb. order should be shipping within a week or two, I can barely contain my self!!!!!
Thank you a million Zeki, and the whole TET TEAM!!!!!

Medical Mark

Well hopefully my Cera comes back ready for action made 7 grams of nice oil, but I really don't want to use it it any other vape.
The EO cart is so good, works well but before my cera died I was having a lot of issues getting the EO cart pushing out vapor it seemed like I could keep putting oil in but wouldn't take I would have to kinda push the oil passed the top wafer don't I to the core of the cart just to get it to start producing anything at all, all it did was get warm around the air holes and make it very hot.
I bowled it and dried it but it just won't perform not like its supposed to and my LL cart would get so hot around the intake holes but would not make the element glow red at all but the body would heat up agin around the intake holes, switch spring cold to touch and full charged batteries.
I will miss my EO cart when it worked it worked awesome, now. I didn't have too much success with my LL Cart but I'm beginning to think it was never nworking quite right cause it allways took so much effort to produce any vapor really and at the end of its life it wouldn't even turn the herb color but it would be so hot I couldn't hold it either, so I figured it was time to send her in for some TLC cause was quite discouraged and ready to beat her and toss her out the door initial feelings of frustration and disappointment, but I'm over it now a little bit disappointed but I can't change it so, I guess my oil will sit till she returns to me ready to go and willing to give the vapor up.

I hope my problem solves future issues that may arise or come up.

Cheers, medical mark

Top Bottom