Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Hmmm. Still doing testing but not a bad idea... Possible liability though if someone starts a fire or injures themselves I think? This thing gets seriously hot when left on for too long , I now understand why TET decided to can the idea. In the end its convenience vs safety trade off I guess but for me it was worth it.
This whole thing is one liability after another! Every breath you take or lungful of vape a liability somehow... You seem like you have a good idea and you are on the right track! Just make sure all of the most important elements are accounted for (like Tim suggests) and grab some biz fer yerself!!! :clap::nod::bowdown::evil:

****Edit****
Speaking of latching switches is there anything else (neat) to put inside Cera other than tinfoil? Someone mentioned dimes once. Is this feasible? The replacement switch that TET sent sorted out the LL for me, just don't like having to hold the switch so much. As others have said for EO and EL it's a not needed.
Back to vaping...
:nod:

2ndSight

Has anyone extensively used the delrin drip tips on their Cera? I ask because i received my whip attachment from TET and used it maybe a handful of times, really not much at all, and now i notice there's what appears to be a few burnt/melt marks on the tip of the attachment where it was fitted into the Cera cart.

I've stopped using it for now until i investigate further. The whole point of dishing out the dough for the whip (as well as buying a drip tip) was that it would be a safe option with the PTFE and such, so this sucks. Trying to snap a decent pic but my camera ain't great at macros. It IS possible (though from what my eyes/fingers are telling me unlikely) that it's some caked/burned on oil residue or something, as the surface of the tip gets coated with oil from the cart when you plug it in (since it's recessed into the cart and usually pretty oily all over the place down in there)...

Wiki tells me the melting point of PTFE is 620F, with pyrolysis being detectable at 392F. I'm not sure how hot the SS Cera cartridge itself gets (i know the core inside gets very hot, but does the SS cart itself get above 300F??), my laser thermometer is only showing around 150F on the steel and the ceramic wafer after hitting the Cera a buncha times and getting it fairly hot....

Heading out of town and was looking forward to showing off the whip attachment, but now i'm more concerned about why i just spent money on this stuff if it melts...to be fair it does say 'not for use with cera' on all the delrin stuff on TET's site, so i guess i shoulda known better. :doh: My hope is that i'm trippin and it's just oil marks, but the surface texture appears slightly marred at 4 intersecting points like in a + shape around the very tip which is consistent with some amber discoloration that i can't scrub off. don't really wanna use it more and find out if it gets worse though, what a predicament lol!

On an unrelated note, the thermal cap for the ceramic MP is interesting. Sadly there is NO mistaking the dildo factor once you pop that baby on haha. Seems to do the job well though which is great. Anyone have any tips for REMOVING that sucker? Gosh i had to take off the whole mouthpiece and pop out the tip and then pry and wiggle and pry and wiggle....VERY snug fit...almost like...a....condom bwahaha! :rofl:

Okay back to work. TIA if anyone has input!

OF

Has anyone extensively used the delrin drip tips on their Cera? I ask because i received my whip attachment from TET and used it maybe a handful of times, really not much at all, and now i notice there's what appears to be a few burnt/melt marks on the tip of the attachment where it was fitted into the Cera cart.

Yes, I've used them a fair bit. I have not seen or detected any problems, but you might be hitting it harder than I am. I know for sure it's under 400F since oil is condensing all over the place.....

I tend to leave the cover on, but you might try wedging up a spot with a toothpick and putting a few drops of something like ISO in there. That often breaks the friction in such cases and ISO (or even water) will evaporate off easily.

OF

OF,

SMELLYcat

My name is SMELLYcat and I like to Party!
I am sure this has been covered just cant find posts. Are these good for use on Cera? I found them for $13.95 each :
Panasonic 18650 3400mAh NCR18650B Li-ion battery Thanks

SMELLYcat,

OF

I am sure this has been covered just cant find posts. Are these good for use on Cera? I found them for $13.95 each :

Probably OK, but not good OMO. At least not relative to the two similar but higher current recommended types:
http://www.orbtronic.com/batteries-...0a-18650-rechargeable-battery-cell-high-drain
http://www.orbtronic.com/batteries-...li-ion-battery-button-top-panasonic-orbtronic

$11 and $14 respectively, shipping included.

OF

J.D.420

420th Dragoons

I've used the protected version of this cell as well as the NCR18650PD that TET ships with the cera. Warm up time is roughly a few seconds whereas with the TET batts the core is glowing hot almost instantly. Plus side of this battery is that you can get about 5-10 minutes of extra use compared to the green panasonics. FYI the second link OF posted is just a protected version of the TET battery.

SMELLYcat

My name is SMELLYcat and I like to Party!
I've used the protected version of this cell as well as the NCR18650PD that TET ships with the cera. Warm up time is roughly a few seconds whereas with the TET batts the core is glowing hot almost instantly. Plus side of this battery is that you can get about 5-10 minutes of extra use compared to the green panasonics. FYI the second link OF posted is just a protected version of the TET battery.
Thanks. What is the difference : protected and non protected?

SMELLYcat,

YeeeBuddy

Picked up some goodies for when cera arrives, really hope she ships this week. I think the bud tender was overly medicated he forgot to charge me for my .5 of pure gold, oh well. Not bad for 135$.

MmMm

attachment

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Pipes: Orb sells three versions of the PD. Flat top unprotected, Button top unprotected, and protected. One can buy whichever they desire. (Though I seem to recall that TET recommends only a button top for the Cera).

2ndSight: I'm a little confused. With edits to remove extraneous stuff, you say:

Has anyone extensively used the delrin drip tips on their Cera? [...] The whole point of dishing out the dough for the whip (as well as buying a drip tip) was that it would be a safe option with the PTFE and such, so this sucks. [...] Wiki tells me the melting point of PTFE is 620F, with pyrolysis being detectable at 392F. I'm not sure how hot the SS Cera cartridge itself gets. Okay back to work. TIA if anyone has input!

Delrin ≠ PTFE. (PTFE is the generic name for Teflon).

They are two completely different materials. TET used to sell both, with the Delrin mouthpieces available in multiple sizes and in black or white. The PTFE mouthpiece that TET used to sell was a shorty, and only in white. I don't know what the melting point for Delrin is, but I think it's less than PTFE. You might give TET a call or send them an EMail and see if they have one PTFE mouthpiece laying around that they can sell you.

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Just a little protection circuit added to the battery for extra safety. Should be fine without it. TET didn't think it was necessary

The PD's are a very safe Chemistry, the primary reason PCB's are added are for the "low volt cutoff" to extend the life of the cell. We decided this was unnecessary after testing the them, the vapor falls off much higher than the Low Volt Cutoff therefore the batteries shouldn't be negatively affected.

Well.... after checking the tracking it looks like the batteries are pushed back a day till tomorrow.....

We are going to try to get some shipped out in the AM as soon as they arrive but we know we are going to have a big shipping day tomorrow!

Cheers,
Tim

togepi258

After reading through the thread, it appears some people are having trouble with the LL. Could someone enlighten me on this? It's what's keeping me from pulling the trigger. I cannot get medicated, unless I get one big hit. The T1 was able to do this.

togepi258,

PB88123

Vaporist
After reading through the thread, it appears some people are having trouble with the LL. Could someone enlighten me on this? It's what's keeping me from pulling the trigger. I cannot get medicated, unless I get one big hit. The T1 was able to do this.

If you read the reviews from previous T1 owners they say the Cera works just as well and is an improvement over the T1 in areas. When you read the new people trying to figure it out you get mixed results till they get the technique down.

togepi258

If you read the reviews from previous T1 owners they say the Cera works just as well and is an improvement over the T1 in areas. When you read the new people trying to figure it out you get mixed results till they get the technique down.

Thanks for the quick response! It's hard to take in 73 pages of information in such little time haha.

Tim, you can thanks these guys for convincing me on pulling the trigger! I was leaning toward the Inhalater XP or the Pinnacle, but I trust ThermoVape =) The T1 was a great introduction to portable vaporizing.

mlo4sho

Hello. I have a ThermoVape Evolution and have enjoyed it very much as long as I have owned it (I believe I got one when it first came out). I just recently got back into vaping after a little break and now I see this new model, the Cera. I still love my Evolution and is currently my only vaporizer. My question is what is the difference between the Evo and the Cera? I've compared the two and know of the basic differences such as vapor path and materials used in construction but can anyone tell me how the two compare in terms of performance? Would I benefit in upgrading to the Cera? Any help you may provide is much appreciated.

mlo4sho,

bopper

Pipes: Orb sells three versions of the PD. Flat top unprotected, Button top unprotected, and protected. One can buy whichever they desire. (Though I seem to recall that TET recommends only a button top for the Cera). ...

IIRC the button top is no longer needed without the upper switch.

bopper,
Reactions: OF

Sonics420

I got my cera and man its nice.
Before i go on.. i cant get much vapor out of it right now.
Preheat 30 sec. Load den put mp and hold for another 10 seconds and gettin nada, no flavor either.

This is the ll cart and i also tried 2 fresh batts. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sonics420,

PB88123

Vaporist
I got my cera and man its nice.
Before i go on.. i cant get much vapor out of it right now.
Preheat 30 sec. Load den put mp and hold for another 10 seconds and gettin nada, no flavor either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You load.

Hold power on for 30 seconds.

While still holding power inhale for 3-5 seconds. Exhale. Inhale 3-5 seconds. Exhale. The material should be dried out and start producing vapor.

While still holding the power start a longer inhale.

Exhale into a light to see amount of vapor.

Work on technique to get denser vapor.

PB88123,

Sonics420

Did step by step on what u said and nothing still
This thing is hot as hellll even da bottom switch..cant hold it atm.. Is that right?

Tried a bunch of different things and i cant get get even a wisp.. gotta be something with the cart? I see it glowing red though thats for sure.

Sonics420,

PB88123

Vaporist
Did step by step on what u said and nothing still
This thing is hot as hellll even da bottom switch..cant hold it atm.. Is that right?

Tried a bunch of different things and i cant get get even a wisp.. gotta be something with the cart? I see it glowing red though thats for sure.

What kind of batteries are you using?

PB88123,
Top Bottom