Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

Would metal rubbing against the cermaic body cause scuff marks and scratches as well?

Sure does. In the metal.

This is tough stuff, it scuffs metal off steel if it gets the chance, but the Zirconia itself doesn't get hurt but it can be a PITA to scrub the metal marks off sometimes.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Rocco

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
Got my cera finally!:D This thing is seriously beautiful in person pictures just don't do it justice. And the build quality...Wow you can really tell a lot of time and effort went in to its design. Fantastically engineered little vape. LL core only still getting the hang of it but initial results are promising. Coming from an iolite to the cera is like upgrading from a scooter to a BMW. Bottom line: Me likey:love:

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I wanted to provide a point of reference for some of the e-juice users out there, so I quickly shot and cut this vid of the vapor production I am getting. Hope you enjoy it. It is in HD, so be sure to select that quality level for best viewing on youtube.

Though I have had great successes like that with my 6V RES System and to a smaller degree the HR AVA, I am not experiencing a great deal of thick vapor with the EL cart of yet...I have tried different load styles (first about 10 drops) and then a few more drops every time I throw it in for a test, but I am mostly gitting very dry "feeling" vapor or pushing the button and just getting a wisp...

Think mine is wonky? Thanks in advance...

Bluntcrush,

Furianlord

Though I have had great successes like that with my 6V RES System and to a smaller degree the HR AVA, I am not experiencing a great deal of thick vapor with the EL cart of yet...I have tried different load styles (first about 10 drops) and then a few more drops every time I throw it in for a test, but I am mostly gitting very dry "feeling" vapor or pushing the button and just getting a wisp...

Are you using vegetable glycerin or propelene glycol based e liquid?

Furianlord,

OF

I wouldn't think so unless the metal(doesn't have to be) had sharp points facing the cera.

It depends on how you define damage. I seriously doubt metals (short of a center punch and hammer) are going to dent the Zirconia, shatter it maybe, but no scratches. That takes diamonds.....keep the wife's wedding ring away (unless it's Cubic Zirconia of course.....).

However, the Zirconia will definitely 'file off' material from the metal like a ceramic knife sharpener does (actually more so, we've got 'super ceramic' here....). Dark scuffs on the surface from the metal happen and basically need to be scrubbed back off. My Beta unit came back from a rebuild with lots of this scuffing from the adventure, it's finally mostly gone.

Don't go scraping metal against it and you won't have to clean it up later?

OF

Reflections

Tweek! That should be a promo vid for the cera!! Loved the amount of vapor...I vape e-liquid all day..would the cera be able to handle? wonder how long the battery would last if vaped that way. I originally wanted the cera as my first intro into vaping but couldnt wait for the pre orders going on..then seeing the vid makes me want the cera again!! lol

Reflections,
Reactions: Tweek

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Are you using vegetable glycerin or propelene glycol based e liquid?
I have tried mostly VG, but I have also tried some other mixes that work well in any of my other e-juice devices. :shrug:
Might contact Zeke, and see if he'll do an exchange...

Bluntcrush,

nickzzzx

Anybody else notice the really small grooves that go around the ceramic body of the cera? It gives it a very silky smooth finish, I love it. Another small detail I love is the rainbow effect on the bottom switch and switch housing, very cool to look at.

SMELLYcat

My name is SMELLYcat and I like to Party!
Anybody else notice the really small grooves that go around the ceramic body of the cera? It gives it a very silky smooth finish, I love it. Another small detail I love is the rainbow effect on the bottom switch and switch housing, very cool to look at.
ahahah you sound medicated. I see Cera is working.

Bart

I finally figured out why we don't hear back from people after receiving the CEO.
My guess is they're sitting in a corner trying to remember their name. I can't imagine even the most recreational user needing more than the eo core delivers.
I clogged mine up on the first fill. Ended up using my vg core for oil while it soaked in the reclaim bath.
It works like a champ. I did try vg in it first. Mine was pulling really thick clouds with 50/50 pg vg. Almost to thick.
I do love this thing. Had to leave it home while at work and bring my dart. I need a little more time with the eo before I trust it to not over medicate in public.
Fun times ahead for sure.

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I wanted to provide a point of reference for some of the e-juice users out there, so I quickly shot and cut this vid of the vapor production I am getting. Hope you enjoy it. It is in HD, so be sure to select that quality level for best viewing on youtube.

This is.... AWESOME!!!

Would metal rubbing against the cermaic body cause scuff marks and scratches as well?

Similar Ceramic is used as a knife sharpener, I would say its nearly impossible to scratch the Cera although im sure if you saw marks on the ceramic its probably the metal being left behind. :)

Could you catch the "rainbow" in a photo? i don't really notice it, but it might be from the florescent lights.

Tweek! That should be a promo vid for the cera!! Loved the amount of vapor...I vape e-liquid all day..would the cera be able to handle? wonder how long the battery would last if vaped that way. I originally wanted the cera as my first intro into vaping but couldnt wait for the pre orders going on..then seeing the vid makes me want the cera again!! lol

We might be able to use some of the raw footage for a Promo, shoot me an email tim@thermovape.com

ahahah you sound medicated. I see Cera is working.

She caught me by surprise too this weekend..... I didnt feel bad ;)

Update: We are still assembling, shooting for 15 shipped out today.

Cheers,
Tim

OF

I finally figured out why we don't hear back from people after receiving the CEO.
My guess is they're sitting in a corner trying to remember their name. I can't imagine even the most recreational user needing more than the eo core delivers.

That's about it. I think some of the longer breaks are explained when you consider that sometime after the power company cuts the power for non payment the owner runs out of charged batteries and notices his computer is now dark?

Cera can do that to a guy I bet.....maybe has?

One thing sure, it's not for the weak.

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Silly, you guys are sending 15 brand spankin' new Ceras, and I'm having a borderline anxiety attack waiting for the mail man to hand me my LV Evo...

On-topic: you mentioned Cera Mini not too long ago. Are you guys still projecting to go live with the CM at the end of the year, or did I misread when I saw spring/April-ish? Also, DART adapters are still on the accessory page, that means they're still available correct? Thanks!!

Quetzalcoatl,

Tweek

Can you hear it cooking? Mine sizzles and gurgles. I know another member was not getting any feedback and it turned out to be a faulty core. I loaded mine up with 10 or so drops initially and with top ups its been chugging away since.

I never owned the RES, so I can't say how they compare, but I find I get thicker vapor if I ride the switch a bit, puffing on it like a cigar. Hope this helps!

I think it would do just fine. I will time my usage vs battery life for you just to have some hard data. Thanks for the kind words BTW :)

chevelle970

Can you hear it cooking? Mine sizzles and gurgles. I know another member was not getting any feedback and it turned out to be a faulty core. I loaded mine up with 10 or so drops initially and with top ups its been chugging away since.

I never owned the RES, so I can't say how they compare, but I find I get thicker vapor if I ride the switch a bit, puffing on it like a cigar. Hope this helps!

Could you do a few quick vids of your vg core in action? Inhales, exhales, the sound of the core etc?

chevelle970,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
On-topic: you mentioned Cera Mini not too long ago. Are you guys still projecting to go live with the CM at the end of the year, or did I misread when I saw spring/April-ish?

If Tim actually posts a projected delivery schedule for the Cera Mini I swear I will print out a copy of the entire original Cera thread, fly to SF, and beat him about the head and shoulders with it. :goon:

Tweek

Could you do a few quick vids of your vg core in action? Inhales, exhales, the sound of the core etc?

Sure...will have to wait till I get home tonight though.

If Tim actually posts a projected delivery schedule for the Cera Mini I swear I will print out a copy of the entire original Cera thread, fly to SF, and beat him about the head and shoulders with it. :goon:

:lmao:

Tweek,
Reactions: NoName

leetmode

Is there anyway to buy replacement O-rings for the Ti EO cart? I can't seem to find them on the website.

leetmode,

OF

Care to subcontract that little job out?

My fingers my never recover from that adventure....lots of upset folks, lots or resources spent, lots of posts to answer. Good call, let's don't do that again?

Still, if the company and their products weren't so cool, few would be half that excited I think?

Hey Tweek,

Awesome videos! AND you take requests??? Mmmmm... Would you mind picking up a case of Molson on the way home????(LOL)

Hey, Bro, not sure how to break it to you.....Tweek may take requests, but he doesn't do delivery.

It's OK, 'cuz he likes Molson anyway.

Is there anyway to buy replacement O-rings for the Ti EO cart? I can't seem to find them on the website.

You should have got a set that includes several in your kit? Otherwise, I'd contact TV, I'm sure they can find a few......

OF

togepi258

I've been lurking this thread for quite a while now. I was a huge fan of the T1, and have been using a Log Vape for about 8-9 months now. I sold my T1 a while back, and really miss its portability. The CERA seems INCREDIBLE. I just placed my order. $310 is not what I was wanting to pay for a portable vape, but if it's as good as you guys say it is, I'm biting the bullet.

OF

The CERA seems INCREDIBLE. I just placed my order. $310 is not what I was wanting to pay for a portable vape, but if it's as good as you guys say it is, I'm biting the bullet.

IMO not only is a neat thing, but the closer you get, the neater it is. It's simple (some might say elegant), functional and well made. Consider there's every reason to think it'll be top line gear years down the road, in daily use much as now. A good many of those cheaper vapes can't say that. Consider the value of your year old T1 and most any other year old vape, what's holding value and why?

Long way of saying I don't think you'll regret it. Now begins the wait.

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

nickzzzx

IMO not only is a neat thing, but the closer you get, the neater it is. It's simple (some might say elegant), functional and well made. Consider there's every reason to think it'll be top line gear years down the road, in daily use much as now. A good many of those cheaper vapes can't say that. Consider the value of your year old T1 and most any other year old vape, what's holding value and why?

Long way of saying I don't think you'll regret it. Now begins the wait.

Best wishes.

OF
That's what I love about the cera, its built to last, and the design shows it. It's even more obvious after handling and using it. It's a consistent performer and does exactly what I need it to. I've tried a few other brands, only to be disappointed in their performance, but Thermovape really knows what their customers want. I've only tried the CEO so far, but I can't wait to get the LL down the road.

Top Bottom