Discontinued Thermovape Cera

chevelle970

I haven't had much success with the VG cart on the cera. Can't seem to get much vapor at all. It's difficult for me to tell how much liquid to put in. Too little liquid, little vapor and dry hits. Too much, not much vapor and when I take the cap off there is liquid all over the cap. The cera seems to be a juice spitter. The cap is impressive at how it doesn't let anything through. Although a bit awkward for getting the mouth around it. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the VG cart I have? Any tips out there?

I wouldn't take the cera out in public as it's definitely a two handed device. If a momentary thumb switch can be found, it may be more public friendly. And with holding it in two hands I expect a great deal of pure vapor. Speaking about the Vegetable Glycerin cart for ecig use and not the LL or EO.

When I compare it to the T1 ecig (UltraMax) with AVA atomizer, it's not an improvement in the design for vapor production & ease of use. Hopefully it's just me and someone can enlighten me.
Mine was acting the same way. Call the guys at tet and they will help you troubleshoot. Get a multimeter before you call them tho.

chevelle970,

Tweek

There's hope yet! I'll give them a call. How do you like the VG cart?

I have the VG cart and I love it. I loaded about 10 drops or so the first time and kept it topped off, and it has been producing great vapor. You do have to ride the switch to get the thickness and taste you want, though. You can also hold the unit with one hand quite easily...have a look through my posts, I put up a photo not long ago on how I hold mine.

I have the VG cart and I love it. I loaded about 10 drops or so the first time and kept it topped off, and it has been producing great vapor. You do have to ride the switch to get the thickness and taste you want, though. You can also hold the unit with one hand quite easily...have a look through my posts, I put up a photo not long ago on how I hold mine.

More great news! I can hardly wait to get this figured out. I saw your post and tried the grip... maybe my hands are too big for that grip but it's not very comfortable. There's a difference between can do... and easy to do 100 times a day.

http://www.mit.edu/~jcb/Dvorak/

It's like a keyboard. It can be used to type, but when typing all day, the tiniest ineffeciencies can lead to injury.

I'm in no way discounting your grip... just that it doesn't work well for me. Others may have no problem with it. However, when seen in public, it's going to look a bit weird. The natural grip of holding the cera with the palm should dictate where the buttons go to fire it up.

SpiralVape,
One other observation about a momentary thumb switch that may never happen... :) I believe the unit is too heavy for a momentary thumb switch. Instead it would be a momentary index finger switch.

SpiralVape,
Reactions: OF

chevelle970

There's hope yet! I'll give them a call. How do you like the VG cart?
I sent mine back to tet. It had the same issue your reporting and through their help determined it was a defective unit. It didn't perform anything like my ava Atty. Hopefully I won't have to wait to long to find out how good it is.

OF

Just to make sure we are on the same page, which I believe we are.

The original sliding switch on the Cera... had a conductive end and non-conductive end to toggle turning the Cera on. The idea is to put a small spring around one end of that switch.

I think we are. You'd need a really strong spring to ensure it'll come back under sub optimum conditions (otherwise it's a run away.....), folks rant long and hard about that already at more minor levels. Are you suggesting say ten or 15 pounds? That's easily the pressure I've had to put on the slider when it's bound up on occasion (like when it gets tighter from heat in use....).

Also, again, sometimes you push it to on, it moves but doesn't connect since the clearances are so tight.

A proper switch where the cart and battery don't really make up part of the moving contact sets is needed IMO. After inventing that, you then need to decide how to mount it (not trivial). Best option here is probably replacing the socket plate and mounting the switch to the bottom of it. This (that plate) is, of course, the first thing in. Like the radio in an imported car, everything is built around it. First step is attaching the strip to the plate. Then the plate to the tube, the strip to the wall and connecting the base ring by soldering then epoxy. The rest is screwed on, tested and inspect a final time and sent to you. To modify that plate you literally have to start all over. Also defeating the safety pin as an option will have concerns with some, whatever you substitute should be very positive so you can honestly call it a safety for a latching switch below.

Not easy, or it'd be done I bet. Worth doing, of course.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Rocco

OF

I tried asking in the other thread but didnt get a response, are these suitable for use with the cera? http://www.amazon.ca/UltraFire-3000...1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362252351&sr=8-1-fkmr1

They seem like an insane deal if they can work.

Not IMO. First off, that particular battery is famous for counterfeits (typically used batteries from dead lap top packs as I understand it) and even the genuine ones are not really 3000 mAh. Not as bad as the 4000s of course (which don't really exist....Panasonic and the usual guys can't seem to make one.....but you can sure buy them on the web).

Yes, I have some and have tried them. The do OK in some flashlights and other lower power uses, but they fall seriously short in Cera with it's high current demands. Low heat in Cera, more self heating in the battery. Two steps backward.

The charger, junky as it is, may be the most useful part of the offer. I suggest staying clear, this is not even a second tier choice IMO.....unless you need them for your flashlight, and then there might be better choices.

OF

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
Thanks for the info. I started a convo with you as to not clutter the thread with questions

Skeena,

OF

Thanks for the info. I started a convo with you as to not clutter the thread with questions

Yes you did and I responded. Probably not the best way, really. This way it's our little secret, anyone else who might have been interested is still in the dark.

Then again, this plan gives me the excellent chance to answer the same questions over and over......

OF

OF,

OF

Hey OF (or anyone with some knowledges about batterys) are these batterys the same or almost same as ones TET is shipping? http://www.orbtronic.com/batteries-...li-ion-battery-button-top-panasonic-orbtronic
also they have more of the -ch's you like I think. http://www.orbtronic.com/batteries-...0a-18650-rechargeable-battery-cell-high-drain

Basically yes, the first is the second TV battery with a different top, the second is the first TV battery (now obsolete). I've used both, bought two more of the second from that source the other day to stash. Go for it.

OF

Furianlord

Thanks for the quick response. I already ordered two of each, just making sure I didn't make an expensive mistake. ;)

Furianlord,
Reactions: OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
On my way to Jamaica with my Cera! (Fully sterilized of course)

Forgot my silicone tubing to cover the tip so I don't burn the crap out of my lips :lol:

Ended up buying some earbuds with silicone covers with spares so pretty sure they'll do the job!

Tweek

I wanted to provide a point of reference for some of the e-juice users out there, so I quickly shot and cut this vid of the vapor production I am getting. Hope you enjoy it. It is in HD, so be sure to select that quality level for best viewing on youtube.

Tweek

Are we gonna see versions for the other 2 cartridges?

I plan on doing some short videos for the other two in the near future, most def.

That's the best video shot here yet! :)

Short. Simple and Slow Mo. Vapor.

Thanks for the love.

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the kind words :)

That was great! And come on Tweek in No way did you throw that together quickly... unless you are a professonal.

As a matter of fact...:D

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Something I just had pop into my head. I don't have a cera to test this out so those of you who do may want to try this. It allows momentary function but if it were to be secured in an up position it would be like the locking switch. Construction is easy enough. Just need something that has rigidity to it.

http://www.postimage.org/image/7nsp2cj41/

Image isn't wanting to be posted to the board for some reason. :hmm:

Edit: If anyone has already thought of this, I apologize.

xclarryx

seems to me if you do that though, youd most likely use metal. does the cera's body get hot enough to the point where that metal would get really hot and burn yourself, like you can on the bottom of the pax when youre at the end of an oven?

if not that seems perfect.

xclarryx,

Rocco

Would metal rubbing against the cermaic body cause scuff marks and scratches as well?

Rocco,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
seems to me if you do that though, youd most likely use metal. does the cera's body get hot enough to the point where that metal would get really hot and burn yourself, like you can on the bottom of the pax when youre at the end of an oven?

if not that seems perfect.

That's the beauty of it, if you feel it is getting too hot for your liking you can just push it back down.

VaporEyes,
Top Bottom