Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Trever

Sure hoping the glycerin cart works half as well as the ava. Pretty much the only thing holding me out on ordering as of yet. <3 I have faith in TET

Trever,

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
Sure hoping the glycerin cart works half as well as the ava. Pretty much the only thing holding me out on ordering as of yet. <3 I have faith in TET
Unfortunately I think the verdict is still "out" on the LQ core, I have estimated it as not quite half as nice after a week of regular use. The only other user with one in hand, Darb, does not have experience with the AVA or other atomizers so it's going to be difficult for him to make comparative judgements.

Cheerful dub: thanks for the first EL review, albeit not exactly what i wanted to hear. I assume the 'waiting' would be the break-in period? I fi remember correctly, AVA required about avg 2 days before it really gets going. How long has yours been? Can you comment on the vapour production? Any leakage? Capacity?
I was referring to the short waiting period after power-on before taking each hit, which is in the 6-8 second range versus the 2-4 of the AVA. I have broken this unit in over a week now and I am not seeing much improvement in performance. I've filled it to the point of leaking, let it over-dry out the other way, refilled it to back to medium capacity. It has similar performance degradation across these various states as the AVA but when it is in the "sweet spot" it's still not even really half way there.

When the AVA is ripping appropriately the vapor never tastes burnt or peppery on your soft tissue, in fact the vapor generally feels surprisingly "cool", particularly on exhale. I feel as though the glycerin is getting hot too slowly, because the cart and ceramic body has a lot more radiant heat at the end of a few pulls than the T1/AVA ever did. I also imagined that since there is more "room" in the chamber and the material is significantly more viscous than essential oils, it might perform better when oriented as vertically as possible, but it only helps slightly.

Interesting to hear this after they bumped the wattage so much on that core!
Yes I am kind of flabbergasted as well. If the AVA atomizer line was the bread and butter of TET to begin with, why does this core not even remotely compare, particularly when they already have experience with a larger reservoir type system? I am almost to the point of assuming there's something wrong with the core but I guess I need to generate some media for that assessment to be made, ie audio/video comparisons. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time.

If I weren't using a 30mg I would probably be resorting to the AVA. To use e-juice review terminology, in best case scenarios the "vapor production" is only around a third and the "throat hit" feels much higher because it's less dense vapor across warmer air. I am not able to get a "best case" hit every time, maybe only a third at that :argh:

VapeStL

I will certainly be putting the Cera E Liquid cart through its paces, once i receive it. Its the main reason for this purchase. I'll also try pipe tobacco out of the loose leaf cartridge.

During the pre-order I've acquired a Reo VV Grand, which is one of the better ecigs made & should be a good one to compare against the Cera. I've been trolling the ecig forums & there's a lot of angst because the AVA cartridges aren't available anymore. Some in the ecig community are watching the Cera development in the same manner as we are here. They are just a lot quieter about it :lol:

ma7ija

Hello, the Cera goodness came to Europe too :) Tried only the EO core, works good but i have no experience.
I came from the ecig world.
Have a problem.
My switch is so stiff that i went and measure the power to push it, and is way to hard.
I need 1.2 kg to push it in and hold 800 gr to stay pushed. My fingers are red :)
Hope it will get softer over time. Another switch is a must have.

Hello, the Cera goodness came to Europe too :) Tried only the EO core, works good but i have no experience.
Have a problem.
My switch is so stiff that i went and measure the power to push it, and is way to hard.
I need 1.2 kg to push it in and hold 800 gr to stay pushed. My fingers are red :)

Can you tell me did TV ship direct to your country? and which country is that ?

saltway_sweeper,

AirDru

Have a problem.

It was designed for strong American hands. Lol jk

A stiff button sounds no fun. Perhaps it's not functioning properly. iirc there is supposed to be an audible click when u depress the momentary switch.

Do you hear a click when you press the button in?

Can you tell me did TV ship direct to your country? and which country is that ?

Don't fret, me brotha. Cera ships worldwide.

ma7ija

It was designed for strong American hands. Lol jk

A stiff button sounds no fun. Perhaps it's not functioning properly. iirc there is supposed to be an audible click when u depress the momentary switch.

Do you hear a click when you press the button in?

i hear the click.

ma7ija,

OF

i hear the click.

I don't have access to mine right now, but those numbers are probably about right for a switch of that class. IIRC it goes 'over center' as you press and it takes less holding force but it's pretty positive.

You might poke back some, I cobbled up a piece of 'bent coathanger' to hold mine down for long periods although I don't often hold power on for very long (using the oil cart you know...).

Edit: This one:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape-cera.8332/#post-331604

OF

ma7ija

I don't have access to mine right now, but those numbers are probably about right for a switch of that class. IIRC it goes 'over center' as you press and it takes less holding force but it's pretty positive.

You might poke back some, I cobbled up a piece of 'bent coathanger' to hold mine down for long periods although I don't often hold power on for very long (using the oil cart you know...).

OF

Yes, i saw the custom wire. thank's :)
i am waiting patiently for the other switch.
By the way, OF you are great! Thanks for all the good energy :)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Can someone please post a real review of this already with your own hands on impressions...

I told you that you have to adjust your attitude and tone when posting. You expressed disinterest. This post is trolling because you are implying any review up until now was not a real review. You could have asked simply for more reviews but you chose to be sarcastic and provocative. This is therefore the last time you get a pass on a post phrased like that.

Everyone else, please do not respond to trolls! Report them.

leetmode

Not trying to piss anyone off and sorry to keep asking, but any updates with regards to the Ti parts?

leetmode,

KRnoS

Considering picking this up, hopefully it's less smelly than my PAX and most likely requires far less maintenance than the PAX.

Where would I purchase the battery outside of getting it officially from the company? Like will any 18650 do?

KRnoS,

PB88123

Vaporist
hopefully it's less smelly than my PAX and most likely requires far less maintenance than the PAX.

Where would I purchase the battery outside of getting it officially from the company? Like will any 18650 do?

The Cera ceramic won't absorb odors or stains. That should help keep the smell to just what is in the bowl (with the mouthpiece on it should help control the smell of what is in the bowl). Maintenance should be minimal.

These batteries work

https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/batteries/cgr18650chbt-detail

OF

Not trying to piss anyone off and sorry to keep asking, but any updates with regards to the Ti parts?

Last word was all the Ti parts needed for a bunch are in, but only one got built before the ceramic parts ran out again, so like the next batch of SS units Ti ones are waiting for body parts hopefully the end of the week? It takes like a week for the final firing followed by inspection, polishing and so on. Special wizz bang parts, the vendor is having trouble meeting the schedule as is to be expected I guess.

Anyway, last I heard the metal was here (I actually saw most of it last week, it's lovely and very light relative to the same parts in SS), Ti has the same ceramic delay as SS at this point.

OF

7upstar

Have a problem.
Hmmm.......:\ In the LL review that was posted on youtube and then set private, it looked like he too had a tough time pushing up the button. I looked at one point and it looked like he was struggling a lot. OF- any insight?

7upstar,

odbsmydog

I'm curious about the review on Thermovapes site... how did all these people have the CERA's 6 months to a year ago? or are they recycling reviews from the revolution and t1?

LL:
“ After using [loose leaf], I’m still amazed at the unique design and portability, not needing flame, toxic butane, nor tons of pieces to clean and keep track of. Stealth is really good. It’s a healthy alternative to smoking. I’m happy I made the switch to vaping.””

— Sandy J. - 9/13/2012
“First and Foremost, thank you so much for making this product. I absolutely love the Thermovape [loose leaf], it is amazing. I can tell you guys worked really hard to make this wonderful product perfect and for that you have a lifelong customer here.”

— Dan J. - 2/23/12
“I cannot thank you enough for going above and beyond for customer satisfaction. Here’s to Thermo-Essence Technologies becoming one of the best!”

— Nicholas R. - 8/10/2012
EO:
“...I am blown away by how well you guys designed this [essential oil]. It does one thing and it does it very well. Thank you for the quick response and excellent customer service.”

— Elon R. - 7/19/2012

“Thank you for your time I am a huge fan and see the future of oil vaporization in your company for sure over any competition or alternative combustion or vaporization methods.”

— Casey - 8/4/2012
I know this is trivial because the vapes are still incredible looking but it seems kinda odd to me? I doubt they are all workers or friends or testers as some of the quotes even comment about being a customer, they almost sound made up(totally not trying to hate I am loving TV and have become a huge fan the last few days). just thought I'd throw in my two cents though about the fishy comments, anyways. . .

I still can not wait to own one for oil and wax, maybe even herbs if it works well, the LL core looks beautiful when its glowing in the vid. parts look amazing, that ceramic is awesome. I feel like a spokesman on my facebook and talking to my friends now, they are getting sick of my ranting and raving(especially when I kinda hate on the expensive eGo knockoffs that a lot of people around here have). but man, even the website is amazing for a marijuana device, gentlemans brand trys to act like they have a fancy top rate page but man ThermoVape really is a top end product. CANT WAIT!

*EDIT* I also noticed this on the EO page of ThermoVape's store:
The Cera Essential Oil Vaporizer features a robust construction of Stabilized Ceramic, a larger reservoir of porous Ceramic for increased carrying capacity. The core is completely insulated with porous medical grade Ceramic cylinders, and covered with a porous Ceramic wafer that acts as a vaporization surface for your essential oils and concentrates.

I was under the impression that the CERA EO used a SS or Ti heating element/plate? thought I do see a ceramic ring around the metallic inner, I'd imagine the ceramic heats as well. . . just curious. .

odbsmydog,

odbsmydog

I don't see why the titanium one is $250 more when the titanium cartridge is only $100 more? I think I will buy a LL CERA and then a Titanium oil cartridge so that way for $450 I get a titanium CERA and a ceramic LL cart. I assume the extra money goes to making the handle and base titanium but what is the advantage to that? (other than its slightly lighter doesnt set off metal detectors?) seems unnecessary. . .

Any comments on that, ThermoVape?

jdee

Where the end cap as well as the core screw into the body, those bits are either titanium or ss, probably where the extra $ is going. If you wanna spend $250 for a lighter product, save your money for the cera mini is my advice. I also agree with ma7ija sentiment about the latching switch cannot get here soon enough, after having enough time with the momentary switch I can't think of any situation where this type of switch is favorable over a proper latching one. If it was on the side and easy to press that would be another story.

Top Bottom