Discontinued Thermovape Cera

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Hey everyone,

Its a foggy Monday for us over at TET, literally! my drive to work gave me all of about 50 of visibility....

I wanted to touch base on the set screws, i feel i may not have been as clear as i should have been. While removing a screw will yield you more airflow, this should not be done on the customer side! There are adjustments to make sure the core is aligned correctly and removing a setscrew without checking these could lead to problems.

Also these cores come with a 1 year limited warranty. But if someone goes and takes their core apart without consulting with us we will not be able to honor your warranty. There are a number of hidden alignment marks to indicate to us weather a core has been taken apart after initial assembly.

If you want to have us take one out then we can do that for you at no charge, you just have to pay shipping.

Every day I'm working on sourcing new switches and trying to get samples here to see what will fit our application. I may have found a line that will work to give a latching option, but i am still waiting for it to get here to try out. Also still thinking about illuminated, but this is a tricky one... might have to wait till the second rendition of Cera (C2?) in the future.

Cheers,
Tim

VapeStL

Just my 2 cents, but I'd bet users will find much more value with the latching switch as opposed to an illuminated one.

I see value in having an LED on the side of a vape, so you can see it while its in use. A light on the bottom wouldn't help, except in those instances where the unit might stay latched ON (on accident), and the lighted switch would alert the user to this error.

Regardless, back to work TET :myday:

VapeStL

Pure Gold for the EQ?

OF reported earlier that the tetra labs pure gold may work best in the ecig core, rather than the oil core. At this time though, doesn't appear that anyone has tried this out.

There are 3 interchageable cores: herb, concentrate & ecig juice. They all work & probably well, but its too early to jump to conclusions.

VapeStL,
Reactions: OF

OF

OF reported earlier that the tetra labs pure gold may work best in the ecig core, rather than the oil core. At this time though, doesn't appear that anyone has tried this out.

There are 3 interchageable cores: herb, concentrate & ecig juice. They all work & probably well, but its too early to jump to conclusions.

Actually that was Tim's suggestion from before the EL core got bumped up in power. It's now above the EO cart so that one is probably the best choice for PG now? His last recommendation is the special low power test core I had him make for my unsuccessful first attempt to run the Cera EO on 'VV e-cig supplies' might be a good call, I'm going to test that idea later. It's doing OK with CO2 oil at 3.7 Volts at about 2/3 power (with longer warm ups of course) so it might be a good way to go.

In terms of 'off the shelf' cores, I think the recommendation is EO for all (melting) extracts, LL for bud and solid concentrates, EL for the e-cig guys?

OF

There was a video review back a few posts. I am not sure if it is available still, but it was a thorough look at the LL cart and it was working quite well.

I saw that while it was up. I wouldn't call that working quite well, I'd call it small amounts of vapor delivered slowly. Not what what I look for in a vaporizer.

josephaltier,

fake name

I saw that while it was up. I wouldn't call that working quite well, I'd call it small amounts of vapor delivered slowly. Not what what I look for in a vaporizer.

Then, perhaps this vaporizer is not for you. I'd suggest a Solo for lots of effortless vapor, though there is a warm up time of a minute or two. Maybe check the Flashvape if you want something to produce lots of vapor quickly from the plant material.

Edit: also, I believe the person that posted the video didn't have much experience with this type of vape, which may mean that the cera wasn't being used to its full potential

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Only so much can be expected out of a battery powered unit though. The technology is not yet advanced enough that a portable unit at this size(one that employs pure convection at that) could properly compete with a home based/ larger "portable" one.

Tweek

Then I guess your work here is done? Plenty of other portables out there that may suit your needs better. OF has been pretty much saying it from the beginning, that the LL core is not for cloud chasers. It clearly got him medicated which is the point of a medical device.

OF

Then, perhaps this vaporizer is not for you.

Edit: also, I believe the person that posted the video didn't have much experience with this type of vape, which may mean that the cera wasn't being used to its full potential

I agree with FN and others here. It may indeed not be what the OP wants in life. If you go check post 669 you'll note the fellow in the video saying he took it down for security reasons, it was indeed his first use of the Cera and since then he's says " The LL works well indeed. I'm getting considerably more vapour now than from my video and I have used it with my large water piece and no more coughing"

Sounds like a customer happy with the performance to me.

Given the doubt, I too recommend something like FV instead. Guys who's first requirement is 'huge clouds' are highly unlikely to stay satisfied with LL Cera IMO. Guys that want a solid vape with outstanding performance, excellent support and top notch materials are more likely to be happy down the road.

OF

I agree with FN and others here. It may indeed not be what the OP wants in life. If you go check post 669 you'll note the fellow in the video saying he took it down for security reasons, it was indeed his first use of the Cera and since then he's says " The LL works well indeed. I'm getting considerably more vapour now than from my video and I have used it with my large water piece and no more coughing"

Sounds like a customer happy with the performance to me.

Given the doubt, I too recommend something like FV instead. Guys who's first requirement is 'huge clouds' are highly unlikely to stay satisfied with LL Cera IMO. Guys that want a solid vape with outstanding performance, excellent support and top notch materials are more likely to be happy down the road.

OF

I'm sure it gets you 'medicated', if you're the kind of person that uses that term. But if I want to get absolutely blitzed, then I don't think I would be a happy customer.

josephaltier,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
This was made as a medical device for people who need it for there ills. It is not meant for partying as far as I know. There are a bunch of us on this forum who have zero interest in getting high and are serious medical users.

This was made as a medical device for people who need it for there ills. It is not meant for partying as far as I know. There are a bunch of us on this forum who have zero interest in getting high and are serious medical users.

If you are getting medicated, you are getting high. It is just a matter of how rapidly the device administers the drugs. In this case, the cera appears to be slow and steady, which makes sense for a solo, lightweight, not-wanting-to-get-high patient. Otherwise, seems not worth it.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I am not going to debate this with you but there is a difference. You can take a vicodine and get rid of pain or you can take three and get high. Those of us who medicate it is more like a time release if that makes sense to you. I don't get high or very rarely. I need to function and don't enjoy being high. I am not a kid anymore and that is not fun for me anymore.

Edit: If I wanted to live high I would go back to the vicodine and all the other drugs the doc gave me...no thanks.

OF

If you are getting medicated, you are getting high.

While I understand what you're saying, I don't agree with it. MMJ folks often aren't recreational at all. We often use topicals and high CBD extracts precisely for that reason. And eatables. We're on the 'dose for effect' plan, not 'toke until you see God' train.

Because of that our tolerances often stay lower than recreational user's, also a factor. And compromised health often puts demands on the process which units like Cera are intended to address. Big clouds are nice, but not the prime goal for us, nor a deal breaker.

Getting stoned is not the goal, really, but as you're not one of us it's understandable you don't understand the idea. Medication for medical needs and 'getting high' are different uses, IMO.

Good luck on finding a vape that suits your wants.

OF

bopper

I am not going to debate this with you but there is a difference. You can take a vicodine and get rid of pain or you can take three and get high. Those of us who medicate it is more like a time release if that makes sense to you. I don't get high or very rarely. I need to function and don't enjoy being high. I am not a kid anymore and that is not fun for me anymore.

Edit: If I wanted to live high I would go back to the vicodine and all the other drugs the doc gave me...no thanks.

Perhaps we all have our own way of medicating. A bit of tolerance for the varied styles of medicating employed by our diverse membership would allow us all to learn from the free exchange of information. Otherwise we risk excluding those with potentially valuable insights just because we take different approaches to self-medication.

One user's experience with the LL Cera cannot give a definitive picture of the range of LL Cera usage possible. That range can best be illustrated by the availability of more videos like the fine effort by buchee which some of us were privileged to see. With sufficient information josephaltier can make up his own mind rather than taking OF's word for it. While OF is honest, thorough and clearly well-intended, he cannot replicate the range of usage styles which will be employed by the many folks who will soon have the LL Cera in hand.

On a related topic, the recent experience of a few members shows that the LV DART, for example, may work better with a regulated power supply of sufficient capabilities. A Cera to 510 adapter would let the individual decide whether the Cera carts might also be preferred with a regulated power supply, while still letting users of the Ultra line try using the Cera carts as well.

Best,

bopper

7upstar

Whatever you want to call it you are both vaporizing the same 'drug.' Maybe for different reasons but in the end it's the same effect we all enjoy :spliff:

7upstar,
Reactions: Nimrod

JCat

Accessory Maker
While I understand what you're saying, I don't agree with it. MMJ folks often aren't recreational at all. We often use topicals and high CBD extracts precisely for that reason. And eatables. We're on the 'dose for effect' plan, not 'toke until you see God' train.

Because of that our tolerances often stay lower than recreational user's, also a factor. And compromised health often puts demands on the process which units like Cera are intended to address. Big clouds are nice, but not the prime goal for us, nor a deal breaker.

Getting stoned is not the goal, really, but as you're not one of us it's understandable you don't understand the idea. Medication for medical needs and 'getting high' are different uses, IMO.

Good luck on finding a vape that suits your wants.

OF
I thought I would chime in briefly on this one ... I consider myself a medical user, but DO enjoy getting high (not stupid can't control myself laughing etc etc) but I do like to get a nice little buzz ... that being said, I very rarely get that as my needs are such that I medicate all day every day so have a tolerance such that the most I would ever get is a very minor buzz that quickly fades ... however, on a whole I just "feel better" and more like myself, and am able to cope with my day-to-day and it helps balance my mood shifts and energy levels and keep me more focused.

I DO like vapes that produce good "clouds" and can quickly take a load from green to toasted as I don't often have the luxury of time to sit around medicating forever. That being said ... my observations of the Cera is that it looks quite effective, just requires a little practice. Will it be the vape I pull out if I have friends visiting for a jam session? No ... probably not ... I have other vapes that would be better suited to this purpose I believe that have zero learning curve. It may well be my perfect "out-and-about" vape though ... I'm hopeful.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Here is the revised Quick Start Guide for Cera
Glad to see that no one should accidentally boil their core in Iso anymore. :)

There is a decided lack of prepositions in the wording, but I'll keep my editorial comments to myself. I did see one more typo. At the very end, in the "C. Loading Cera E-Liquid" section, Item #2, you have an extra "L" in the word "until".

OF

Whatever you want to call it you are both vaporizing the same 'drug.' Maybe for different reasons but in the end it's the same effect we all enjoy :spliff:

That's just not the case. Look into it. Many MMJ users are specifically looking to not get stoned. As I said above.

I understand lots of healthy folks stretch things a little to 'get their cards' and all, but it doesn't change the facts that not all MMJ users are looking for huge doses of THC. In fact, many are trying to avoid the THC and get to the non psychoactive stuff for it's medicinal effects.

Let me ask, how many recreational guys do you know who avoid eatables because they 'don't get off'? Notice they're popular with the MMJ folks, many of whom can't take even light vapor, but some of which wish to dose carefully so they can function without getting stoned. Eatables are quite popular for that exact reason with many.

I agree with Bopper above, different users have different goals, dismissing a group of them as secretly being recreational users or unaware of what the effects of their MMJ use is is also a problem. That door swings both ways. Respect for the other guy doesn't involve telling him he's not being honest about his drug use or is ignorant of the effects of the very drugs he depends on to function daily.

IMO Cera is useful for most all medical users (the primary goal of the project) and at the same time has great advantages for recreational users in many/most cases. Some with high tolerance (or seeking thrills) will 'need' more dense vapor when in a hurry using the LL, and hard as it is for me to get my arms around it, even the EO core is not enough for some appetites. We live in a world of 'gram a day dabbers' and 'seven gram Blunts'. You meet both around here you know?

Trying to be 'all things to all women' destroyed my love life years ago, unfortunately 'the idea vape for all users' is also no doubt a fruitless quest? No matter what, some will not be satisfied at the end of the day.

its a plant... from nature... use it however the fuck you want. just make sure to use it in a Cera :tup:

For a funny looking guy you talk good!

OF

Top Bottom