Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Hey Haywood,

You seem quite knowledgable and I'm lost in a dark wood in all this modular jargon! I recently purchased a thermovape Rev-LV but was shipped a Rev-SV. I don't have a proper battery for the SV, but they are pretty cheap, I think. I do have the proper battery for the LV, which I could exchange the SV for. What I'm asking is, is there any difference b/w the SV and LV Revolution Stems? The LV lasts longer, and I've heard it takes longer to heat up. How much longer? Which one is most ideal for BHO, or are they both the same? Should I keep the SV or exchange it for an LV?

OF has answered most of your questions, I think, but let me make sure I understand what you said. You bought a Revolution LV core, which turned out to be a Revolution SV core. Was the only thing you purchased a Revo core, or did you get a core and "handle" with battery to screw the core into as well?

I agree with OF that you're better off with the LV Revo core. I have both (as does he), and as long as you have a suitable "handle", either will work the same. You mention you can return the SV core to where you purchased it, and get a LV core, implying that they have a LV core to exchange (i.e., it was a mistake; you ordered LV). That's what I think you should do. If where you purchased it doesn't have a LV core to give you, then I would recommend you send your SV core to TET and have them rewind it into a LV core. Even though this is not free (I think it's $10 or $15), it's still better than you having to get a 6V handle to work the SV core. But since I'm not sure if you already have a "handle" or not, I can't really answer properly (until you let us know).

What "handle" do you currently have? You only mention that you have the proper battery for the LV core; what battery is that?

Haywood,
We are only offering a momentary switch for the Cera's, we initially had a latching option with the first of pre-sales but have found that momentary is all that's necessary. This is when we changed our website to show just a momentary switch. For those who purchased it while it still showed a latching switch we are honoring you and are going to peruse a latching switch to fulfill your initial order.

We are not including any latching switches on the first shipments. The pre-orders will get a momentary until we source the appropriate latching switch to send in addition. This is a perk of jumping in right at first with Cera.

Once we sort out the Latching switch and make sure its up to par with our requirements we will offer it as an upgraded switch to the momentary.

Cheers,
Tim

So, why don't you just offer the latching switch as standard, and make the momentary optional. OR, I know this sounds crazy, maybe you could let the customer decide which they want included, instead of setting up a returning customer scheme where the vaporizer comes incomplete.

josephaltier,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Me:
Did Tim give you any feeling for when TET might be able to take a breath and actually make some adapters for us 510 users?
I got the feeling there were a few other things higher up the list, but it's an announced future product. My guess is batteries and switches (at least) are higher?

OF

I thought that the batteries and the latching switches were a delivery problem, not something they had to take any more time designing or building. Since they must therefor have nothing to do, I was hoping the adapters might happen sooner rather than later.

Sigh. Now I'm wishing for reality to coincide with my impatient desires. Wrong thinking like that got the thread closed once already...

Haywood,

OF

EXACTLY. The LL is a vape that should be lightly packed and sipped on like a cup of tea. As the very wise OF said... Cloud chasers are buying the Cera LL with unrealistic expectation for cloud production. If the T1 is a good indicator the Cera will be a slightly improved version of the T1, with better battery life.

Careful there lad, yer mixing quotes. Staying under .25 grams and 'Load small and often' relate to Revolution/DART, not LL Cera. I doubt anyone will load a quarter (nor worry about flooding....). It is better sipped and enjoyed rather than chugged down, but sometimes that's the call. Those that want the most vapor out of LL will grind fine, pack it in hard, and go for high heat.

Thanks for the info OF. So LV is preferred is what you're saying? Gotcha. I was trying to find a DART too but was having trouble. I've only seen them in big bundle packages of ppl selling lots of TV stuff here on FC. Any tips in that department (they'd need to be able to be shipped to Canada)?

You're welcome. Last DARTs I know of are gone a while back. But not to worry, your Revolution is 'the same under the hood'. The only difference is the body, the heater and all the important ceramic elements are exactly the same. Lots of guys don't like the window, I have no problems wiping it off if it leaks a bit loading. You might also ask TV if they have any of the DART conversion tops left (last I knew they did). Ten bucks and then you can top load like with a DART.

Good luck and enjoy your unit.

I thought that the batteries and the latching switches were a delivery problem, not something they had to take any more time designing or building. Since they must therefor have nothing to do, I was hoping the adapters might happen sooner rather than later.

Sigh. Now I'm wishing for reality to coincide with my impatient desires. Wrong thinking like that got the thread closed once already...

No, they're actively investigating other switches. Even when they get the ones they've ordered, that won't keep it from happening again. They want to find and qualify an 'off the shelf' solution. Likewise, the battery testing is continuing on. Last time I was in Tim was trying to fit up an interesting looking switch and we discussed some of the new batteries that they are planning on testing.

I'm being coy as well here, precisely for the reason you point out. Yes, that means I know more than I'm saying. I don't want to touch off another round of second guessing everything they're doing and trash this thread again with negativity. Suffice it to say I personally believe they're using their time wisely?

So, why don't you just offer the latching switch as standard, and make the momentary optional. OR, I know this sounds crazy, maybe you could let the customer decide which they want included, instead of setting up a returning customer scheme where the vaporizer comes incomplete.

Perhaps you missed it, the momentary switch is the only one available at this time. If they had both to offer, they no doubt would.

Ya, I can send back the SV and they'll send an LV as it was their error sending a SV. I have an EM 510 mega battery, 280 mAh, 3.3-3.7 V. This should work with LV, correct? I also have the F510-M601 adapter for like no reason, and a joyetech ego-t2 1000 mAh variable from 3.3-4.15 V (for ego-w).

I don't think 280 mAh is going to cut it. You'll get a few minutes maybe, but it's most likely not up to the current needed. The Ego should work on 'bypass' mode (max Voltage), mine does, although direct supplies like the TV ones will do better usually. This is tough duty.

OF

woodymax33

OF has answered most of your questions, I think, but let me make sure I understand what you said. You bought a Revolution LV core, which turned out to be a Revolution SV core. Was the only thing you purchased a Revo core, or did you get a core and "handle" with battery to screw the core into as well?

I agree with OF that you're better off with the LV Revo core. I have both (as does he), and as long as you have a suitable "handle", either will work the same. You mention you can return the SV core to where you purchased it, and get a LV core, implying that they have a LV core to exchange (i.e., it was a mistake; you ordered LV). That's what I think you should do. If where you purchased it doesn't have a LV core to give you, then I would recommend you send your SV core to TET and have them rewind it into a LV core. Even though this is not free (I think it's $10 or $15), it's still better than you having to get a 6V handle to work the SV core. But since I'm not sure if you already have a "handle" or not, I can't really answer properly (until you let us know).

What "handle" do you currently have? You only mention that you have the proper battery for the LV core; what battery is that?

Ya, I can send back the SV and they'll send an LV as it was their error sending a SV. I have an EM 510 mega battery, 280 mAh, 3.3-3.7 V. This should work with LV, correct? I also have the F510-M601 adapter for like no reason, and a joyetech ego-t2 1000 mAh variable from 3.3-4.15 V (for ego-w).

woodymax33,

PB88123

Vaporist

Sounds like they are trying to source parts for the latching switch. So TET went with the momentary switch as the standard. Once they have the latching switch available they will add it to the web site and let customers purchasing at that time decide if they want to buy a latching switch instead. So in the eyes of TET nothing in incomplete and in the future they will offer more options.

Me:
Did Tim give you any feeling for when TET might be able to take a breath and actually make some adapters for us 510 users?

I think batteries and latching switches are sourcing problems. The adapters are probably on a list of things to do.

As much as I wish everything could happen in a week it isn't looking like it as it has been over a month and we are still waiting for some things.

xclarryx

well I dunno, I preordered mine about a week ago and I think the latest projections from TV (unless I missed something) is all preorders will be shipped by February 10th.

xclarryx,

YeeeBuddy

I'm stoked I pre ordered early enough to get the latching switch also. I wonder when the cutoff date will be? I ordered jan 3 and am positive the whole latching/momentary fiasco had not started yet.

Edit: I hope and pray all the pre orders are shipped by feb 10 but not getting my hopes up.

YeeeBuddy,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Good news then. I suggest you exchange it for the one you wanted (the LV). Also, keep up the conversation with OF about the best handle/battery for your needs. He is much better versed in the different options, and what will work, than I am. As he said, "This is tough duty."

7upstar

I'm stoked I pre ordered early enough to get the latching switch also. I wonder when the cutoff date will be? I ordered jan 3 and am positive the whole latching/momentary fiasco had not started yet.

Edit: I hope and pray all the pre orders are shipped by feb 10 but not getting my hopes up.
All great things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither was the Cera. Both revolutionary for their time, both 'game changers'.:cheers: Cheers- 7upstar

7upstar,
Reactions: OF

TheRobbo

Ok I must get this info out to you all.
I am officially in love with Cera, I had been having a little trouble with the LL cart but after having some decent success on her first outing had been struggling to produce any visible vapour. then last night one of the tiny little set screws worked loose and fell out onto the table, I spent most of the night wondering if this screw beeing loose could have been affecting things, by perhaps diverting airflow away from the little inlet holes in the bottom of the cart, I tryed blowing into the holes and could only blow through the hole with no screw.
The next day I went and got a hex key from the hardware store and put the screw back in, and made sure the rest were nice and tight (but tryed to make sure not too tight?).

This is where it gets good I loaded her up and proceeded to go through the steps, wondering if anything had changed... It sure had I was able to effortlessly produce plenty of vapour redily visible and almost imediatly as well, by roughly the 3rd 5/10 second puff (so probably 45 seconds after firing her up) and heaps after my first long hit.

If any of you are having trouble making visible vapour make sure the set screws are in properly. Although also make sure you dont over tighten.

I believe that you could quite easily medicate to a satifactory level with any kind of hit you want, a succession of short 5/10 second hits would more than easily get her up to temp just as well as one or two 20/above second one.

R

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Looks awesome OF! But that begs the question... LL? Too much for the Ultra? Maybe a reincarnation of the Evolution that would run on the Ultra? I know it's a dated product, but I'm frothing at the mouth just thinking about it hehehe. I'm definitely glad to hear that the CEO cart is working well on the Ultra... just another reason to save money :ko:

I am officially in love with Cera

Glad to hear you got it working for you! Do you have any other vaporizers that you could compare it to? How's the taste? Temperature? Is the technique hard to learn? How are you feeling right now?

Details!!

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: LeTchen

TheRobbo

Nope Sorry no other vapes to compare to Cera is my introduction to this world, after many years of smoking (sorry for the bad word) to medicate, due in no small part because I couldn't find any product simple and well built enough till now. Have been e-liquiding for about 12 months now.
As far as tast it was very nice (I have not smoked anything for a while as I had since new year off to get my tollerance down a bit so my tast sence is pretty much back to normal) very clean and smooth I've never really been a cougher but found it much much much smoother than a joint (sorry I cant compare to anything else really)
Tecnique is pretty much not needed it really was as easy as turn it on wait 30 seconds take two or three 5/10 second hits and you will more than likely be at temp and seeing vapour and ready for as big a lungfull as you want.
The "cloud" wasn't making anything dissapear but it was more than enough to satisfy my e-cig trained eyes to tell me it was working.
Working was what it was doing for sure I felt medicated after 2/3 or so hits and had to put it down after 5 as I was exactly where I wanted to be, my sholder had completely stopped hurting and I could only just feel a dull throb in my knee, which never goes away.

That was a few hours ago now and I can still feel it

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Sounds excellent! Welcome to vaporizing, you'll find that your wallet, stash, and body will thank you for the decision :D Vapor tends to be "smoother" than smoke but it can be dry/super loaded with THC that makes you cough up a lung sometimes (and especially with the big lung-expanding cannabinoid-rich hits!)

Could you post pictures of how thoroughly your load has been vaporized, if you don't mind? imgur.com strips all of the exif data when you upload pictures if it's a concern. Perhaps a video of it through a water pipe if you've got one around? Hardly anyone's talking about the LL cart yet... Interesting tip on the screw as well, seems to go both ways... What e-cig/pvm do you have? I've got TV's Ultra with the AVA and the taste is awesome!! I can only imagine getting the Cera Juice cart on top :freak:

I think with proper technique you could pull some nice clouds, but it's good to hear that the learning curve is simple enough for it to be a viable first vaporizer (albeit one on the pricier, yet quality side.)

No pressure at all either about the pics and vids, I'm just anxious to see some real customer reviews/videos/impressions. I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Flintoli

How do you buy an essential oil cart without getting the cera? On the website if you try to do this it cancels the whole order

Flintoli,

YeeeBuddy

I'm really close to convincing myself i need the LL cart too, I think i need to quit combusting before my lungs get too taxed. If cera isnt shipped by friday when I get paid again I'm gonna have to add the LL, I'm combusting over a gram a day which i doubt would be possible with the cera so hopefully it will pay for itself.

OF or robbo do you remember what size the little baby allen wrench was you used for the cart screws? I think i want to get one just in case.

Also have any of you guys used the thermovape non stick tool? Is it worth the 15, what is the white tip made of? I'm kind of getting sick of using paper clips,knives,etc...

Edit: This is gonna be my first vape as well, I'm excited as shit !!! :rockon:

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Also have any of you guys used the thermovape non stick tool? Is it worth the 15, what is the white tip made of? I'm kind of getting sick of using paper clips,knives,etc...
teflon named after dupont, also called PTFE Polytetrafluoroethylene is a synthetic polymer non stick coating. Works great with oils and in combined with oil slick pads. I love mine, but can melt with high temp so don't dab with it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm really close to convincing myself i need the LL cart too, I think i need to quit combusting before my lungs get too taxed. If cera isnt shipped by friday when I get paid again I'm gonna have to add the LL, I'm combusting over a gram a day which i doubt would be possible with the cera so hopefully it will pay for itself.

OF or robbo do you remember what size the little baby allen wrench was you used for the cart screws? I think i want to get one just in case.

YeeBuddy: Once you switch over to vaporizing you will be healthier.
The CERA may seem expensive however cost in use wise it will pay for it's self not only monetarily.
Don't get suckered into all the cheap vaporizer marketing hype out there.
Start with a high end unit.

Thermovape makes many outstanding products.

I live in one of the beach cities of the OC and find it Ironic that so many so called healthy people still burn?

Vaporizing makes Medicating with Cannabis more effective.

Medicate = Vaporize

Stoned and stupid = burn

harmudge

This is way off topic and against the rules, and since you and I had a long private conversation about it I know you're well aware of this, yet you do it anyway.

It seems we have to explain this over and over again. This is not a democracy. When you registered you agreed to rules, including these:
  • Rules are interpreted and applied at staff discretion.
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
  • If you don’t like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to visit.
You are not entitled to "freedom of speech". You are a guest of vtac, who owns the forum, and in exchange for his hospitality you agreed to be subject to the rules, which include deciding whether you can post, where you can post, and what you can't post.

Lots of threads have gone off topic here and corrected themselves. The original Cera thread seemed incapable of doing that, even after repeated attempts to get people to behave. It got so bad that another thread was opened just to accommodate the off-topic crap, and still there were people who couldn't manage to control themselves and so the thread got closed.

People who post every few minutes or every day about how hard it is to wait and how awful TET is for not giving frequent progress reports are not entitled to an endless stream of complaints. Believe it or not, there are other people who come to this thread looking for help and information, and they have to wade through page after page of useless posts about where someone is in the delivery queue. This off-topic nonsense lowers the value of the thread considerably, to the point where we deemed the original Cera thread worthless. That will not be allowed to happen again.

For your information, Marx never ruled Russia or anywhere else. vtac is a Canadian and so am I. Here's a three day sabbatical to let all this sink in. When you get back from your vacation, if you want to continue calling me or any other mod a dictator (even in a backhanded way like this time) then do it in a PM. Or take a longer vacation, your choice.

I think your comments above are fair and just pakalolo and they have certainly clarified the situation, which I have no problem with.
My original comment that you highlighted in your post was in no way directed squarely at you or any other mod or member, it was a mere generalisation of how things seem to be in here from time to time...to me at least.

harmudge,

TheRobbo

I'm not sure in imperial I bought a set for $20 it had both metric and imperial the imperial went down to 1/16 and had 2 smaller but they were 0.050 and .0.025?. The metric 0.75 fitted (I think) but the imperial 0.050 was the best one for the job. When I get home I'll double check for ya.

TheRobbo,

BlueCloud

I'm not sure in imperial I bought a set for $20 it had both metric and imperial the imperial went down to 1/16 and had 2 smaller but they were 0.050 and .0.025?. The metric 0.75 fitted (I think) but the imperial 0.050 was the best one for the job. When I get home I'll double check for ya.

No need to be concerned if a set screw comes out, it wont hurt the performance and may actually improve it for you! I actually leave one of the set screws out on my CEO to increase the airflow. Its a personal preference thing as some others here dont like the added airflow and leave their screws in. If however you want all your set screws in, you can either send it back to us and we'll send out one with a new crimp lock on the screws or use a .0035 hex driver and tighten it back up, in either case we will take care of it for you.

Hope this helps.

BlueCloud,
Reactions: YeeeBuddy

Flintoli

Can i just buy the oil cart and use it with my ego 3.7 volt battery? is there any reason this wont work?

Flintoli,

TheRobbo

Hope this helps.
sorry I must disagree Tim is talking about the CEO not the LLC different beasts.
I actually think it might help me to remove a screw from my CEO but that is only because my concentrate is very thick, I need to experiment with some better extraction methods...

TheRobbo,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I am officially in love with Cera, I had been having a little trouble with the LL cart but after having some decent success on her first outing had been struggling to produce any visible vapour. then last night one of the tiny little set screws worked loose and fell out onto the table, I spent most of the night wondering if this screw beeing loose could have been affecting things, by perhaps diverting airflow away from the little inlet holes in the bottom of the cart, I tryed blowing into the holes and could only blow through the hole with no screw.
The next day I went and got a hex key from the hardware store and put the screw back in, and made sure the rest were nice and tight (but tryed to make sure not too tight?).

This is where it gets good I loaded her up and proceeded to go through the steps, wondering if anything had changed... It sure had I was able to effortlessly produce plenty of vapour redily visible and almost imediatly as well, by roughly the 3rd 5/10 second puff (so probably 45 seconds after firing her up) and heaps after my first long hit.

If any of you are having trouble making visible vapour make sure the set screws are in properly. Although also make sure you dont over tighten.

I believe that you could quite easily medicate to a satifactory level with any kind of hit you want, a succession of short 5/10 second hits would more than easily get her up to temp just as well as one or two 20/above second one.

R
Now that's what I like to hear!

JCat,
Top Bottom