Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I need a fainting emoticon...OF that is a lot of pics lately wow and thanks. Whether I understand them or not the fact that you are putting them up I like to look.

Dreamerr,

OF

i agree 100%. latching switch for all cores FTW.

I suggest that was the original plan TV had? Ship all units with the latching then later offer momentary switches for those that want them? It was supply problems with that switch that forced the change?

So, until a suitable alternative (or that one in sufficient numbers) can be found they pressed on rather than further delay shipments. Something a member or two had expressed a little displeasure in lately? Being as that replacement is still not scheduled I don't have much trouble imagining how some folks might feel about that added delay, do you?

As to conjecture about how useful the momentary switch is, I think as others try both they'll agree with me, the momentary switch does have a place with the oil cart, in fact in the 'inverted into the WP' mode it's a natural to work it with your thumb as you 'stab' into the GonG connector. Even on my little bubbler (horizontal connector) I rotate the MP on the bubbler around so the Cera comes in from '2 o'clock' so I can hold Cera palm up and work the switch with my thumb.

The momentary switch is also probably the best call for EL use as well. As I understand it the e-cig guys take quick hits so for them and their cores I don't think they'd be interested in latching at all?

I need a fainting emoticon...OF that is a lot of pics lately wow and thanks. Whether I understand them or not the fact that you are putting them up I like to look.

You're welcome. Yeah, I hope folks don't become too attached to the idea of photos but it seems the only way to really show the idea and progress on the adapter....

IMO, kind of an exciting prospect. We shall see.

OF

7upstar

From the perspective of a T1 owner, two of the biggest attractions of the Cera LL were the latching switch and the toggle on/off slide thing. :D Sometimes I need to give these old fingers a rest. Arthritis is a sad thing :(... Was told I would never be able to work a T1. Mastered it in 2 days. The pain was bad, but the T1 soothed my soul.... and fingers.

7upstar,

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
Another issue is that the "ideal" latching switch is one that stays depressed or has some type of physical difference between the active and inactive states, for the same reason the momentary switch is beneficial on the EO cart. You do not want this running wild in your pocket for any reasons and obviously it is taking time for them to source the correct unit.

Can't really add much at this point other than the fact that you will want to quickly wipe out the mouthpiece/sleeve assembly when changing cartridges, at least between LQ/EO, as the flat "bottom" of the ceramic mouthpiece sits directly on top of the cart. I forgot to wipe it out between changes yesterday and it tasted like a space aged spliff :lol:

Have some ideas for videos but they will have to wait :spidey:

Cheerful Dub,

GR

I am so confused! Not by anything TET has had to say rather just a statement about my general state of mind.

I have been thinking long and hard about the momentary switch and the on/off switch. Most of the time the on/off switch would be fine and for social setting maybe even the best so people don't have to fumble around and just toke and pass. However when I go to town on a session solo I can see myself fully blasted and the cart still on burning up the oil. I need both, good no more thinking, good thing since it was giving me a head ache. Time to celebrate with a dab, or 5.

VapeStL

The more I think about it, the momentary switch will be a good thing to use while mastering the learning curve. Down the road the on/off will be most welcome though.

gotta walk before you can run!!

PB88123

Vaporist
However when I go to town on a session solo I can see myself fully blasted and the cart still on burning up the oil. I need both, good no more thinking, good thing since it was giving me a head ache.

To prevent the cart from still being on and using up oil in your pocket you put in the little safety pin (into the side of the device) which prevents the latching switch from turning the device on. The safety pin has a little attachment that looks like it will fit on a key chain or around a finger. Just keep it around your finger during the session and then put it back into the Cera when done and then back in the pocket.

PB88123,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Needless to say, it [the Cera Oil core] works GREAT due to the Cera's abilities. The obvious next question is 'swell, but will it work on other makers batteries?'. That answer isn't so easy. Of the ones I have, Persei and V2 are the only ones up to the power needs. The additional drops in them (over the TV supplies) lessens their performance relative to Cera or the TV supplies, but they do work. I'm not sure how they'd deal with long term heat build up, though, IIRC there have been issues there in the past.

I had Tim wind me a 'coldest possible' core (lowest power demand) to lessen this problem. That compromise seems to be the best for this use. I still get great volume with Ultra supplies and good performance (at least for a while) from Persei. V2, configured 'right' (low drop top, running the AW IMR 14500), is worth further testing.

Even this custom core is rejected by Iris as a shorted cart, it won't even try to make it work. Likewise other VV e-cigs either come up lame or balk all together.

Getting everything to fit 'just right' (D9 supplies have no compliance in the connectors like TV ones do, they count on the cart for that) is a problem but not with Ultras (so far).

The good news is I think this will be 'just the ticket' for owners who have T1s or the 17670 or 14500 based Ultras who want a truly serious update......

OF
Glad to hear. Since I have this wonderful VV (Variable Voltage) box mod (a little box the size of three AA cells next to each other) that's currently set to put out from 3.0v to 6.0v at up to 6 Amps, and doesn't care what the resistance of the core is, I'm looking forward to getting my first Cera Oil core. I was thinking of asking Tim to wind me one that's 1.4Ω, so it will work on almost any of the VV/VW mods, but that won't be necessary for the one I am currently using (with GREAT success with my DARTs, running at 4.00v, which is 10 watts with my 1.6Ω DART core). Hopefully TET will be making a 510 adapter sooner rather than later, though I am working up on my threatening sweet-talking speech for you and/or pipes if they don't.

As much as I love TET, what they stand for, and the products they make, I don't think a Cera handle is in my immediate future. When they get all the different switches in stock, and things have settled down a bit, maybe. I am currently so sold on constant voltage (or constant wattage) supplies that I don't think I could go back. I am planning on getting an Oil and a Leaf Cera core though, (and I even have one of those very rare TET glass mouthpieces that were made for the T1 core sitting here waiting to go on the Cera core).

As far as your last "or the 17670 or 14500 based Ultras" comment, did you mean a T1 equipped 17670? If not, what's an Ultra that takes a 17670? Can I have one? :rolleyes:

ogcook

Arthritis is a sad thing :(... Was told I would never be able to work a T1. Mastered it in 2 days. The pain was bad, but the T1 soothed my soul.... and fingers.
stonepadholding.jpg
Look into the thermovape Stone Pad. ;)

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
...For everyone receiving your Cera's that may not have had the printed instructions here is a link to the PDF. This should help a lot when you first get it.

Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim! You might want to change two things in the instructions pdf you linked to. One is a silly typo, in the caption for the top right picture, where you say "Depressn and hold switch..." you probably want to remove the trailing "n" in Depress.

The other is more important. And yes, I understand what you mean, and no, I'm not a lawyer, but this:

"*Heating core can be boiled or soaked in Isopropyl alcohol for cleaning"

Some may think you mean "boiled in Iso" or "soaked in Iso". If someone tries to boil their core in Iso, they're probably in for an unexpected explosion and fire...

I would humbly suggest that to avoid any misunderstanding, the wording should be more like:

"*Heating core can be boiled in water or soaked in Isopropyl alcohol for cleaning"

Do you at least get to take a little time off for Superbowl?

:)

GR

To prevent the cart from still being on and using up oil in your pocket you put in the little safety pin (into the side of the device) which prevents the latching switch from turning the device on. The safety pin has a little attachment that looks like it will fit on a key chain or around a finger. Just keep it around your finger during the session and then put it back into the Cera when done and then back in the pocket.

Let me clarify, me sitting on the sofa, I am on gram two of oil and consciousness is only an option, this is when I want a bottom switch that needs to be held on ( the side switch went the way of the dodo a long time ago and was replaced with a functional safety switch) other wise I will be a million light years away and no amount of vapor billowing from my hand is going to bring me back.

The click on and click off switch will be good many other times, especially social setting with oil for me, if I forget to change switches I guess I will just fall back on " cup the balls and stick your finger up the hole" might be funny the first few times it will wear thin the umpteenth time it was said.

OF

I was thinking of asking Tim to wind me one that's 1.4Ω,

I am planning on getting an Oil and a Leaf Cera core though, (and I even have one of those very rare TET glass mouthpieces that were made for the T1 core sitting here waiting to go on the Cera core).

As far as your last "or the 17670 or 14500 based Ultras" comment, did you mean a T1 equipped 17670? If not, what's an Ultra that takes a 17670? Can I have one? :rolleyes:

Actually my request was for 1.5 Ohms for much those same reasons. I turns out to not be possible in it's current configuration, the highest he could take it reads 1.2 Ohms. For now that's all the further it can go with the current coil and lead sizes, you just can't get any more wire into the heater area without shorts. Someday that may change, but a lot of development has to happen again (starting with a new base assembly for the different size wire).

Yes, the glass top (which I think they plan to again offer someday??) works well but needs a different o-ring to fit right. For oil I really like the drip tips, but for herb that's not an option of course. I haven't tried it with herb actually, but suspect a screen will be in order, either laid on top of the load or in the MP?

No, T1s are included in my listing first, not only the LV ones but the SV ones (as were originally shipped long ago) with the battery (and charger) change. However, Ultras in the same battery tube size, minus the plastic insulator sleeves were already being use by TV for their SV e-cig power users as their only SV supply. You could, of course also use the 17670 for LV. But it comes with a normal (smooth) adapter top and is what shipped with Revolution when it came out. Likewise, the smaller two (14500 and 14440 based one) also came over to the MMJ side of it all? I haven't tried the little guy yet, it might actually work for a bit, it does drive DARTs......

Anyway, guys with TV stuff driving T1s, Revolution/DART and Evolution can look forward to effectively using at least all but maybe the little Ultra with Cera oil cores.

Let me clarify, me sitting on the sofa, I am on gram two of oil and consciousness is only an option, this is when I want a bottom switch that needs to be held on ( the side switch went the way of the dodo a long time ago and was replaced with a functional safety switch) other wise I will be a million light years away and no amount of vapor billowing from my hand is going to bring me back.

Boy, I heard that one. And waiting for the battery to run down is not going to help conserve much concentrate is such cases.....these suckers can run a LONG time on a battery charge.....

OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I love the idea of clean vape delivery systems. I could applaud thermovape once every day for the rest of my life for the relief and peace of mind the revolution dart offers me. :clap: Plus the little dabber on the end is amazingly simple and perfect. Will the cera oil core really be able to fit into my lineup of 3 darts in rotation and one for a back up? Like Haywood, I would likely not be intrested in the handle, but in that core. OF, you have both the dart and cera ceo. How would you describe the flavor and end of flavor on a fresh dab from of the revolution direct aplication reloading tool vs. the cera oil core? Minium fill on my dart seems to be just a few bb's. And it takes forever for the ceramic to dry up again. My only cripe with the cera oil is the width of the thing. Does the outside get as hot as the outside of the nickle plated brass of the revolution? I guess it would depend on what type of metal, titanium or stainless steel. I'm assuimg ease of clean is faster in the cera core, what type of cleans do you like to perform? Thank you for your time, Very appreciated all the info you always turn out for everyone. Very helpful mate! :nod:

OF

Like Haywood, I would likely not be intrested in the handle, but in that core. OF, you have both the dart and cera ceo. How would you describe the flavor and end of flavor on a fresh dab from of the revolution direct aplication reloading tool vs. the cera oil core?

My only cripe with the cera oil is the width of the thing. Does the outside get as hot as the outside of the nickle plated brass of the revolution? I guess it would depend on what type of metal, titanium or stainless steel. I'm assuimg ease of clean is faster in the cera core, what type of cleans do you like to perform?

First off, you're welcome. I'm glad I have the ability and opportunity to help folks out. I can easily see myself on the other side, wondering what's up.....

Taste is a tough thing to tie down for me. I find that Revolution/DART can get 'muddy' if you change strains too much. Also you can easily cook the oil and spoil the taste trying to get a full hit when it's running low. I've found sometimes a full on cleaning is needed to correct that. Thus far Cera has performed splendidly in that respect IMO. It runs so hard I just never keep it on long enough to burn anything. For that reason, the much larger body never gets anything like as hot as Revolution/DART, not that someone like Noah couldn't do it I bet? I think what I'm getting to is you don't have to push Cera at all to get seriously slammed so it never breaks a sweat?

For cleaning of Revolution/DART I'm a big fan of boiling first. Most of the concentrate comes out then (ends up as a 'bathtub ring' in the pan) leaving less for the ISO to deal with. I often boil it again then (to be sure the ISO is gone). Then I usually let it air dry, although a time or two I've done 20/20/20 burns but usually not.

OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
For cleaning of Revolution/DART I'm a big fan of boiling first. Most of the concentrate comes out then (ends up as a 'bathtub ring' in the pan) leaving less for the ISO to deal with. I often boil it again then (to be sure the ISO is gone). Then I usually let it air dry, although a time or two I've done 20/20/20 burns but usually not.

OF

Thank you for the info! Sounds like a chimney stack on batteries. I am getting quite good at cleaning the revolution thanks to tips from you and other users! I was asking about the cleaning of the cera ceo. After a batch of oil say would you just torch it? Or would you iso and boil etc? I was just curious if you have begun any kind of cleaning regiment for that cera ceo of yours. Cheers :cheers:

2clicker

Observer
I love the idea of clean vape delivery systems. I could applaud thermovape once every day for the rest of my life for the relief and peace of mind the revolution dart offers me. :clap: Plus the little dabber on the end is amazingly simple and perfect. Will the cera oil core really be able to fit into my lineup of 3 darts in rotation and one for a back up? Like Haywood, I would likely not be intrested in the handle, but in that core. OF, you have both the dart and cera ceo. How would you describe the flavor and end of flavor on a fresh dab from of the revolution direct aplication reloading tool vs. the cera oil core? Minium fill on my dart seems to be just a few bb's. And it takes forever for the ceramic to dry up again. My only cripe with the cera oil is the width of the thing. Does the outside get as hot as the outside of the nickle plated brass of the revolution? I guess it would depend on what type of metal, titanium or stainless steel. I'm assuimg ease of clean is faster in the cera core, what type of cleans do you like to perform? Thank you for your time, Very appreciated all the info you always turn out for everyone. Very helpful mate! :nod:

i agree about the Darts. they are amazing. the Darts loading tool is just well... fucking brilliant.

i would imagine if you were to run the EO cart on your T1 base that you could also still be able to use the Cera top and mouthpiece IF you wanted. its only held on by the 3 orings on the Cera carts. and if you were going to run a standard 510 mouthpiece in the EO that you wouldnt need the orings at all. i would probably just take them off. really only useful with the Cera top.

im REALLY loving the idea of running the CEO cart on either of my T1 bases with a 17670!

cant wait until the thread adapters are ready! i would take the EO cart and an adapter right now if i could order them individually.

OF

I was asking about the cleaning of the cera ceo. After a batch of oil say would you just torch it? Or would you iso and boil etc? I was just curious if you have begun any kind of cleaning regiment for that cera ceo of yours.

I just haven't found a need to clean it, really. Not yet. One night a group of us decided to clean it out to test something special. ISO soaking for 5 minutes or so only did a so-so job since there was a lot in it and we couldn't boil it where we were. It took lots of flushing hot water from the sink and some serious heating empty to get the ISO out. By that time we'd moved on. When I got home I boiled it out and put half a gram of nice CO2 oil in and was off an running.

I might someday get into routinely cleaning it (I usually do Revolutions/DARTs as a group, I have two of each). I doubt I'll be torching it much, I don't think that's a good idea to be doing with the SS version. IMO if you want to do that you should get the Ti version.

HTH?

OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
You wont notice any taste from your core itself, any and all taste in your vapor is produced by the concentrate you are using. You must consider what exactly is happening in the heater surface to understand where any "tastes" are coming from.

You lovely guys and gals at thermovape should be winning medical and scientific awards not just a feature in hightimes. I can't wait to witness the full maturity of your company. I mean a couple years ago I did not even know about fiberglass, silica, chinese made atomizers for dripping e juice. Just never thought about what was working inside my atomizer to make the vapor. And then you come along with medical grade ceramics and solder free, etc. Life saving devices are what your making, simple as that. Thanks for being the gold standard Thermovape. Fan boy rant over.

I just haven't found a need to clean it, really. Not yet.

OF
All I needed to hear :)

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Actually my request was for 1.5 Ohms for much those same reasons. I turns out to not be possible in it's current configuration, the highest he could take it reads 1.2 Ohms. For now that's all the further it can go with the current coil and lead sizes, you just can't get any more wire into the heater area without shorts. Someday that may change, but a lot of development has to happen again (starting with a new base assembly for the different size wire).
My little Beast box will deal with 1.2Ω (and less) just fine, but the heat and mass of the Cera oil core (even the Ti version which is what I'm planning on getting) is more than I want to subject the little plastic box to. It holds up to the DART heat, but it still worries me. The 20W custom wood box mod I'm having made should physically support a hot Cera core (even the SS version), and will work down to 1.2Ω. Still, I may have to beg and plead and cry and whine nicely ask Tim if he can manage a 1.3Ω core if he really, really tries; a little headroom (bottomroom?) for the DNA20 controller in the wood box would be nice (so it doesn't fault out when the core's too cold and its resistance decreases slightly; or visa-versa if the wire is weird). If the Cera Oil core turns out to be as spectacular as all indications are showing, but it can't be wound to higher than 1.1-1.2Ω, I'll just have to come up with a nicer version of my little dual 14500 VV "Beast", something that takes an 18650 or 26500, maybe in metal, uses the same nice 96% efficient switching regulator that works below 1Ω and can put out 3-6V up to 10A... and then I have to con a proper Cera connector out of Tim, hmm, getting ahead of myself...

Yes, the glass top (which I think they plan to again offer someday??) works well but needs a different o-ring to fit right. For oil I really like the drip tips, but for herb that's not an option of course. I haven't tried it with herb actually, but suspect a screen will be in order, either laid on top of the load or in the MP?
Thanks for the tip about needing a different O-Ring. I have a dozen drip tips, but if you remember, the glass mouthpiece extends down quite a bit (so as to cover the T1 bowl), and suspended on the Cera's O-Rings, might act as a natural heat shield from the Cera oil core. And not get too hot right at the mouthpiece end. I burn myself more than I would like on my exposed DART core, even though I know better. With the leaf core, as you suspect, it would need a screen. I wonder if there's room to put the Cera LL UFO/Mouthpiece on top of the LL core, but then use the glass mouthpiece instead of the standard Cera ceramic top. I hate the taste of metal screens. I'll have to dig the glass mouthpiece out and see how long the covers-the-bowl part is.

No, T1s are included in my listing first, not only the LV ones but the SV ones (as were originally shipped long ago) with the battery (and charger) change. However, Ultras in the same battery tube size, minus the plastic insulator sleeves were already being use by TV for their SV e-cig power users as their only SV supply. You could, of course also use the 17670 for LV. But it comes with a normal (smooth) adapter top and is what shipped with Revolution when it came out. Likewise, the smaller two (14500 and 14440 based one) also came over to the MMJ side of it all? I haven't tried the little guy yet, it might actually work for a bit, it does drive DARTs......
I think I understand :) It's the same base I have with my T1 rig, without the delrin sleeve. In which case, I don't need one.

Anyway, guys with TV stuff driving T1s, Revolution/DART and Evolution can look forward to effectively using at least all but maybe the little Ultra with Cera oil cores.

OF

Looking forward to it. Did Tim give you any feeling for when TET might be able to take a breath and actually make some adapters for us 510 users?

woodymax33

My little Beast box will deal with 1.2Ω (and less) just fine, but the heat and mass of the Cera oil core (even the Ti version which is what I'm planning on getting) is more than I want to subject the little plastic box to. It holds up to the DART heat, but it still worries me. The 20W custom wood box mod I'm having made should physically support a hot Cera core (even the SS version), and will work down to 1.2Ω. Still, I may have to beg and plead and cry and whine nicely ask Tim if he can manage a 1.3Ω core if he really, really tries; a little headroom (bottomroom?) for the DNA20 controller in the wood box would be nice (so it doesn't fault out when the core's too cold and its resistance decreases slightly; or visa-versa if the wire is weird). If the Cera Oil core turns out to be as spectacular as all indications are showing, but it can't be wound to higher than 1.1-1.2Ω, I'll just have to come up with a nicer version of my little dual 14500 VV "Beast", something that takes an 18650 or 26500, maybe in metal, uses the same nice 96% efficient switching regulator that works below 1Ω and can put out 3-6V up to 10A... and then I have to con a proper Cera connector out of Tim, hmm, getting ahead of myself...

Thanks for the tip about needing a different O-Ring. I have a dozen drip tips, but if you remember, the glass mouthpiece extends down quite a bit (so as to cover the T1 bowl), and suspended on the Cera's O-Rings, might act as a natural heat shield from the Cera oil core. And not get too hot right at the mouthpiece end. I burn myself more than I would like on my exposed DART core, even though I know better. With the leaf core, as you suspect, it would need a screen. I wonder if there's room to put the Cera LL UFO/Mouthpiece on top of the LL core, but then use the glass mouthpiece instead of the standard Cera ceramic top. I hate the taste of metal screens. I'll have to dig the glass mouthpiece out and see how long the covers-the-bowl part is.

I think I understand :) It's the same base I have with my T1 rig, without the delrin sleeve. In which case, I don't need one.

Looking forward to it. Did Tim give you any feeling for when TET might be able to take a breath and actually make some adapters for us 510 users?

Hey Haywood,

You seem quite knowledgable and I'm lost in a dark wood in all this modular jargon! I recently purchased a thermovape Rev-LV but was shipped a Rev-SV. I don't have a proper battery for the SV, but they are pretty cheap, I think. I do have the proper battery for the LV, which I could exchange the SV for. What I'm asking is, is there any difference b/w the SV and LV Revolution Stems? The LV lasts longer, and I've heard it takes longer to heat up. How much longer? Which one is most ideal for BHO, or are they both the same? Should I keep the SV or exchange it for an LV?

woodymax33,

OF

Hey Haywood,

You seem quite knowledgable and I'm lost in a dark wood in all this modular jargon! I recently purchased a thermovape Rev-LV but was shipped a Rev-SV. Should I keep the SV or exchange it for an LV?

First off, Howdy, welcome to the fun. Good choice, TV stuff is pretty sweet. Many of us are fond of the DART specifically. I'm sure you'll come to like it too.

My advice is to send it to TV and have it rebuilt for LV. $15, cheaper than converting your rig to LV and you'll get longer battery life in the deal. The time difference in heat up isn't really all that big, a fully charged LV will beat a 'fairly used' SV.

Remember the rule: "Load small and often". Get more than about .25 grams total in there and if floods. Less than that can make it slow to get going and less smooth on the draw. I load .05 or a bit more (a BB size bit) and expect 8 or 10 solid hits from it, more if I'm not pushing for lots.

I got the feeling there were a few other things higher up the list, but it's an announced future product. My guess is batteries and switches (at least) are higher?

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

7upstar

Remember the rule: "Load small and often". Get more than about .25 grams total in there and if floods. Less than that can make it slow to get going and less smooth on the draw. I load .05 or a bit more (a BB size bit) and expect 8 or 10 solid hits from it, more if I'm not pushing for lots

EXACTLY. The LL is a vape that should be lightly packed and sipped on like a cup of tea. As the very wise OF said... Cloud chasers are buying the Cera LL with unrealistic expectation for cloud production. If the T1 is a good indicator the Cera will be a slightly improved version of the T1, with better battery life.

woodymax33

First off, Howdy, welcome to the fun. Good choice, TV stuff is pretty sweet. Many of us are fond of the DART specifically. I'm sure you'll come to like it too.

My advice is to send it to TV and have it rebuilt for LV. $15, cheaper than converting your rig to LV and you'll get longer battery life in the deal. The time difference in heat up isn't really all that big, a fully charged LV will beat a 'fairly used' SV.

Remember the rule: "Load small and often". Get more than about .25 grams total in there and if floods. Less than that can make it slow to get going and less smooth on the draw. I load .05 or a bit more (a BB size bit) and expect 8 or 10 solid hits from it, more if I'm not pushing for lots.

OF

Thanks for the info OF. So LV is preferred is what you're saying? Gotcha. I was trying to find a DART too but was having trouble. I've only seen them in big bundle packages of ppl selling lots of TV stuff here on FC. Any tips in that department (they'd need to be able to be shipped to Canada)?

woodymax33,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom