Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

After a few seco ds i let out a very very dense but small hit. Naturally i was super medicated but a little confused. I dont believe that i overfilled the core as i weighed out the shatter and i had justcompleted a full cleaning of the core. I am not sure if my problem is with the quality of the product or my use of the device itself. I figured the resistance was a result of there being too much oil in the core but like ive been reading here for several days, .5 shouldn t be tooo much.

Sounds to me like the inlet holes got plugged with concentrate (since the core was cold when the torch heated oil hit it, it froze there). It's not 'drawing' cold, right? So there's no fresh air being pulled through the core to sweep the vapor out, what you're getting is the 100% pure vapor trapped inside the core (enough of it could suffocate you.....).

The solution is, I think, to heat it without hitting it until it heats the core enough so the material at the very bottom (where the vents are) melts and you can actually draw air through. Do it over time, don't leave power on so long that it starts making vapor, you want to melt not evaporate. Right now you have the shatter in the core area, but it's not absorbed into the ceramic like it's supposed to because the ceramic was cold when you loaded it. That still has to happen.

My advice is, get it hot, clear the vents then let it cool slowly again (perhaps on it's side, since that seems to plug the vents less). All material has to be absorbed into the ceramic to work as designed. Thin stuff does that easily, the harder it is the harder it's gonna be to load.

Torching the outside (alone) is not the solution. I'm sorry if I ever gave that impression, I don't believe I ever mentioned torching a load into a Cera......if I did I obviously didn't do so well.

IMO the key to loading Cera cart is the same as Revolution/DART and Omicron. Preheat properly as needed for the concentrate and melt it in fully before you try vaping it off again.

OF

LOL didn't even catch that! :lol:

7NcOcW0.jpg

Sexy Beast.

Is that the filter that came free with your Cera?

Homecpwork,

OF

Is that the filter that came free with your Cera?

Well it's not actually a filter (it's a moisturizer, it doesn't filter anything out) and it's not free (you have to pay for it.....) and I strongly suspect he had it before. Aside from that I think you're right......

The only thing that could pass for a filter in the product line is the trap built into the ceramic cap and MP assembly. Using the oil core like this (without those parts) means no filtering going on.....hence the quest for a UFO.

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName
Futuretvowner said:
What type of modifications would it take to the T1 to be able to use the Cera Batts in it?​
The type of modifications that would require a miracle. We managed a few prototypes that do this... we moved on. The Cera is the future. The T1 wil always be viable, the World's first portable powered convection vaporizer for your pocket, 30 watts of power, good device. Keep in mind batteries keep getting better and better, capacity will increase. Hang onto it, the performance of the device in terms of battery will continue to improve over time.

MadHasher said:
Is there any chance there will be an adapter to allow the cera essential oil heater core and mouthpiece setup with our pre-existing 510 battery configs? What's the current needs of cera? I can push 15W, or 20W with stacked 3.7V IMRs.​
Yes. We will make these if needed. We have offered this option to a few other small companies in America trying to get into the e-cig adapter business. If they dont want to we will. Piece of M510 to F3/8ths and F510 to M3/8ths. Open source platform.

Power needs of an EO or LL is 15 watts.

Quetzalcoatl said:
That should say .5 Pure Gold no? .05 is off...​

Correct! Thank you, we made the annotation. Keeping us honest.

Quetzalcoatl said:
Was that just the mouthpiece on the video at the end? No heat cover? Like a small silicone whip/mouthpiece extending out.​
Standard ThermoVape Extended Tru-flow drip tip, 510 compatible, white USA sourced Delrin.
We are throwing one in with every EO and VG kit or cart that is purchased for the foreseeable future (after the pre-sale as well) as a thank you. 510 drip tips and mouthpieces only work on the Cera Essential Oil (CEO) Vaporizer, and the Cera Vegetable glycerol (CVG) Vaporizer.
All CEO and CVG models are completely compatible with most 510 mouthpieces and any of our Thermovape first generation accessories that replace the mouthpiece (Like the Rev glass Adapter/whip).
If you remove the mouthpiece it is a perfect 1/2" opening, many, many options. One example is that the tubing we use Advantapure, has an OD the is just a smidge over 1/2" so you can remove the mouth piece and just put a tube in there if you want a whip. Piece of cake.
We made the device hoping people would utilize and benefit from it being the most open source, mod friendly vaporizer ever built.
Cheers,
Noah
Uncompromising Portable Personal Vaporizers. Made in the USA. ThermoVape - Cera - Simply Exceptional
|| www.ThermoVape.com || Youtube Channel || Facebook ||
Cheerful Dub, smokum, marduk and 2 others like this.​
Well I found this and was under the impression that I would be receiving a tru-flow drip tip. ( Dragonflyecigs calls it a filter. But its not a filter) So have they stoppped this offer because it does say "after pre-sale as well)

Futuretvowner said:
What type of modifications would it take to the T1 to be able to use the Cera Batts in it?
The type of modifications that would require a miracle. We managed a few prototypes that do this... we moved on. The Cera is the future. The T1 wil always be viable, the World's first portable powered convection vaporizer for your pocket, 30 watts of power, good device. Keep in mind batteries keep getting better and better, capacity will increase. Hang onto it, the performance of the device in terms of battery will continue to improve over time.
MadHasher said:
Is there any chance there will be an adapter to allow the cera essential oil heater core and mouthpiece setup with our pre-existing 510 battery configs? What's the current needs of cera? I can push 15W, or 20W with stacked 3.7V IMRs.
Yes. We will make these if needed. We have offered this option to a few other small companies in America trying to get into the e-cig adapter business. If they dont want to we will. Piece of M510 to F3/8ths and F510 to M3/8ths. Open source platform.
Power needs of an EO or LL is 15 watts.
Quetzalcoatl said:
That should say .5 Pure Gold no? .05 is off...

Correct! Thank you, we made the annotation. Keeping us honest.
Quetzalcoatl said:
Was that just the mouthpiece on the video at the end? No heat cover? Like a small silicone whip/mouthpiece extending out.
Standard ThermoVape Extended Tru-flow drip tip, 510 compatible, white USA sourced Delrin.
We are throwing one in with every EO and VG kit or cart that is purchased for the foreseeable future (after the pre-sale as well) as a thank you. 510 drip tips and mouthpieces only work on the Cera Essential Oil (CEO) Vaporizer, and the Cera Vegetable glycerol (CVG) Vaporizer.
All CEO and CVG models are completely compatible with most 510 mouthpieces and any of our Thermovape first generation accessories that replace the mouthpiece (Like the Rev glass Adapter/whip).
If you remove the mouthpiece it is a perfect 1/2" opening, many, many options. One example is that the tubing we use Advantapure, has an OD the is just a smidge over 1/2" so you can remove the mouth piece and just put a tube in there if you want a whip. Piece of cake.
We made the device hoping people would utilize and benefit from it being the most open source, mod friendly vaporizer ever built.
Cheers,
Noah

Uncompromising Portable Personal Vaporizers. Made in the USA. ThermoVape - Cera - Simply Exceptional
|| www.ThermoVape.com|| Youtube Channel || Facebook ||

ThermoVape, Dec 8, 2012

Cheerful Dub, smokum, marduk and 2 others like this.

Well I found this and was under the impression that I would be receiving a tru-flow drip tip. ( Dragonflyecigs calls it a filter. But its not a filter) So have they stoppped this offer because it does say "after pre-sale as well)
Well I found this and was under the impression that I would be receiving a tru-flow drip tip. ( Dragonflyecigs calls it a filter. But its not a filter) So have they stoppped this offer because it does say "after pre-sale as well)Its from the first thermovape cera thread and I didnt know how to post it correctly but its page 72 post #1780 from Thermovape.
Thermovape Cera

Homecpwork,

OF

Well I found this and was under the impression that I would be receiving a tru-flow drip tip. ( Dragonflyecigs calls it a filter. But its not a filter) So have they stoppped this offer because it does say "after pre-sale as well)Its from the first thermovape cera thread and I didnt know how to post it correctly but its page 72 post #1780 from Thermovape.
Thermovape Cera

I'm having a lot of trouble following this, please forgive me if I get it wrong.

I think you're trying to say you expect a free filter of some sort? The only 'filter' TV has (aside from the Cera cap) is the Pure Flow, you don't want it IMO, but it's for sale if you want to try.

Here's where I think the confustion comes:
"Standard ThermoVape Extended Tru-flow drip tip, 510 compatible, white USA sourced Delrin.
We are throwing one in with every EO and VG kit or cart that is purchased for the foreseeable future (after the pre-sale as well) as a thank you. 510 drip tips and mouthpieces only work on the Cera Essential Oil (CEO) Vaporizer, and the Cera Vegetable glycerol (CVG) Vaporizer".

To me, the first part is answering the 'what's that I saw' question. It talks about including the drip tip (not the rest). AFAIK that's happening, there's a bin of them in the shipping area and I got one with both the oil carts I bought and the original. One time Travis asked me if I'd rather have a shorter one IIRC.

You should get at tip, but no filter. FWIW I like the tip over the cap mostly.

Right?

OF

OF,
Reactions: Tweek
I'm having a lot of trouble following this, please forgive me if I get it wrong.

I think you're trying to say you expect a free filter of some sort? The only 'filter' TV has (aside from the Cera cap) is the Pure Flow, you don't want it IMO, but it's for sale if you want to try.

Here's where I think the confustion comes:
"Standard ThermoVape Extended Tru-flow drip tip, 510 compatible, white USA sourced Delrin.
We are throwing one in with every EO and VG kit or cart that is purchased for the foreseeable future (after the pre-sale as well) as a thank you. 510 drip tips and mouthpieces only work on the Cera Essential Oil (CEO) Vaporizer, and the Cera Vegetable glycerol (CVG) Vaporizer".

To me, the first part is answering the 'what's that I saw' question. It talks about including the drip tip (not the rest). AFAIK that's happening, there's a bin of them in the shipping area and I got one with both the oil carts I bought and the original. One time Travis asked me if I'd rather have a shorter one IIRC.

Right?

OF

I am not looking for a filter. A filter is not what I mean. When I said filter I was referring to the Standard ThermoVape Extended Tru-flow drip tip.the tru-flow drip tip is called a filter on a different website (dragonflyecigs). I understand this is not a filter. I do not expect a filter. The thermovape post I am referring to is posted in my 2nd response. You can click the bold Thermovape Cera to find the post I am referring to. I'm not confused. I think I confused you with the term filter. However, as you said they are giving the drip tip or filter (jk) with the CEO & CVG. This was my only question. Thank you for being extremely helpful.

Follow up question.
1. Would the smooth-flow drip tip be smoother/better? I might add one to my order.
2. Your preference regarding cera. extended drip tip vs. short drip tip

Homecpwork,

OF

Follow up question.
1. Would the smooth-flow drip tip be smoother/better? I might add one to my order.
2. Your preference regarding cera. extended drip tip vs. short drip tip

The Smooth Flow is separate from any drip tip that might be mounted on it. So there is no "smooth-flow drip tip" but rather a SF with some sort of drip tip like thing attached. Not all such things are really meant to have 'juice' dripped in through them I understand.

I think the moisture from the SF is worth checking out if you're sensitive to the dry vapor one normally gets. I only use mine a few days a month, but when my throat gets raw it's nice to fall back to.

Like the short size but it is hotter and lets more oil past (the longer one has a smaller hole as well). For most guys I think the longer one is a better call. I like to carry the loaded oil cart with a drip tip ready to go in a vial, for that (the vial is short) only the short one fits. Even the long one collects a fair bit of oil over time......which is what is pushing me toward UFOs....

An ever improving, ongoing process. I like that part.

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Wow...............looks awesome
your making the wait harder with all these amazing add on's lol lol
Thanks a million !

Praying the jan and feb orders get closer to shipping out, till then I get to add more to my order!
Happy vaping

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: ogcook

JCat

Accessory Maker
Ok ... so after my first bowl on the Cera LL ... awesome ... packed in about .15g of Afghani/Skunk cross ... held down the button for about 30 sec to preheat and then put on the cap while still holding the button ... and started inhaling ... got some nice big clouds. Similar technique to the Solo to get a bowl going (puffing until bit of vapor than long duration hauls to get some nice thick pulls) ... the Cera has much better airflow more like the INH though ... however, unlike the INH for which my biggest gripe is the temperature of the vapor coming out of the tip irritating my mouth/throat, the Cera cools the vapor with the diffusion tip in a really short distance resulting in nice, abundant, decently thick, cooled vapor a short distance from the chamber.

My only complaint, is when I vaped my 2nd bowl, the mouthpiece got pretty darn hot ... I just fashioned a little 1.5" piece of silicone tubing onto the end so the next session I won't have my lips right on the Cera and I think that will be good enough! (My sessions only last about 2-2.5 minutes and the bowl was decently even and nicely toasted. (ie. the Cera LL did exactly what I want ... quickly heat up and vape a bowl to completion ... awesome!)

As well it's worth noting that just a quick wipe inside the mouthpiece and bowl after each bowl and it seems to clean up REALLY nice and easy.

2ndSight

Sounds to me like the inlet holes got plugged with concentrate (since the core was cold when the torch heated oil hit it, it froze there). It's not 'drawing' cold, right? So there's no fresh air being pulled through the core to sweep the vapor out...

The solution is, I think, to heat it without hitting it until it heats the core enough so the material at the very bottom (where the vents are) melts and you can actually draw air through. Do it over time, don't leave power on so long that it starts making vapor, you want to melt not evaporate. Right now you have the shatter in the core area, but it's not absorbed into the ceramic like it's supposed to because the ceramic was cold when you loaded it. That still has to happen.

My advice is, get it hot, clear the vents then let it cool slowly again (perhaps on it's side, since that seems to plug the vents less). All material has to be absorbed into the ceramic to work as designed. Thin stuff does that easily, the harder it is the harder it's gonna be to load.
OF
Yeah i've been having (i think) this exact issue off and on, it's certainly making for a mixed experience when using various WP's which require more draw pressure, sometimes it's cloudy and amazing, other times doesn't really work even with a ton of pressure---which i suppose is due to the air vents below the core sometimes clogging with concentrate? i keep thinking it's the load being low or not fresh or something, messes with me heh.
This is a valuable process to have solid information on, so it seems to me something like--prime the core with heat, add concentrate slowly with intermittent heat and stirring, a bit of extra heat to ensure it all bubbles/liquifies enough to actually be absorbed INTO the ceramic wafer rather than just melting a bit then re-solidifying on TOP of or around the wafer, eh? Then, in theory, this will prevent the below-core inlet holes to remain clog-free (providing a more consistent vapor experience)...am i on the right track with this logic? TIA sirs!

I didn't receive any drip tip with my Cera order like Noah mentioned they'd be giving out in his earlier post. Kind of a bummer but, so it goes, it was an extra thing anyhow. I don't believe anyone is getting these? At least, i haven't heard mention of it since way back then.

Hey all!

Just wanted to show you something, some of you might like it! (mind you it doesn't have the deflected air path)

Cheers,
Tim

Whoa that looks quite awesome Tim! Would love to hear more about it. Does that say...my god i believe it does say VRIPTECH on there, very nice! ;)

Tweek

Hey all!

Just wanted to show you something, some of you might like it! (mind you it doesn't have the deflected air path)

photobucket-6252-1362093867887.jpg

Just needs two additional o-rings and it fits right over the chamber!

Cheers,
Tim

I fashioned something similar a few nights ago...glad to see you are releasing one (far better than mine!)

MdANmYa.jpg

I find I get thicker clouds with a more open air path.

Edit: For those wondering, I have a small solo stem screen tucked in there.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ok ... so after my first bowl on the Cera LL ... awesome ... packed in about .15g of Afghani/Skunk cross ... held down the button for about 30 sec to preheat and then put on the cap while still holding the button ... and started inhaling ... got some nice big clouds. Similar technique to the Solo to get a bowl going (puffing until bit of vapor than long duration hauls to get some nice thick pulls) ... the Cera has much better airflow more like the INH though ... however, unlike the INH for which my biggest gripe is the temperature of the vapor coming out of the tip irritating my mouth/throat, the Cera cools the vapor with the diffusion tip in a really short distance resulting in nice, abundant, decently thick, cooled vapor a short distance from the chamber.

My only complaint, is when I vaped my 2nd bowl, the mouthpiece got pretty darn hot ... I just fashioned a little 1.5" piece of silicone tubing onto the end so the next session I won't have my lips right on the Cera and I think that will be good enough! (My sessions only last about 2-2.5 minutes and the bowl was decently even and nicely toasted. (ie. the Cera LL did exactly what I want ... quickly heat up and vape a bowl to completion ... awesome!)

As well it's worth noting that just a quick wipe inside the mouthpiece and bowl after each bowl and it seems to clean up REALLY nice and easy.

+10 for the best review to me hehe. Wow that is a short session for getting that hot. I can so visualize your whole review and know I would now love the cera cept for the heat at such a short amount of time. hmmmmmm

Dreamerr,
Reactions: JCat

OF

This is a valuable process to have solid information on, so it seems to me something like--prime the core with heat, add concentrate slowly with intermittent heat and stirring, a bit of extra heat to ensure it all bubbles/liquifies enough to actually be absorbed INTO the ceramic wafer rather than just melting a bit then re-solidifying on TOP of or around the wafer, eh? Then, in theory, this will prevent the below-core inlet holes to remain clog-free (providing a more consistent vapor experience)...am i on the right track with this logic?

I didn't receive any drip tip with my Cera order like Noah mentioned they'd be giving out in his earlier post. Kind of a bummer but, so it goes, it was an extra thing anyhow. I don't believe anyone is getting these? At least, i haven't heard mention of it since way back then.

First off, you're welcome for any help I can offer. This stuff it too keen not to get in on it.

Yes, I think you've got a handle on it. You need to get the goods to soak into the sponge, then heating the mass up forms the vapor in the bulk of the material (LOTSA volume). Keeping the 'right' volume in there is the key. Too much and vents plug and you get leaks and have trouble getting it going fast. Too little and vapor volume suffers, it gets hotter and the taste degrades.....also worth avoiding.

Not sure what to say about drip tips past it's probably an oversight not to include one as Noah said. Thinking back I got one with one of my additional cores but not the other (or maybe I just lost it already....). Not a big deal to me, but if it bothers you (and it seems like it does), I'd email them and ask.

Anyway, back to the task at hand. I think you're on the way to exploring the envelope here. You just need to run some more concentrate through the Cera under differing conditions. Take your time, do a good job........

Best wishes,

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I fashioned something similar a few nights ago...glad to see you are releasing one (far better than mine!)

MdANmYa.jpg

I find I get thicker clouds with a more open air path.

Edit: For those wondering, I have a small solo stem screen tucked in there.
This makes me want one!

ataxian,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
The 710 club is not bad and lot closer then Venice Medical if you're in Sherman Oaks. I just went there recently to pick up some goodies for the Cera.
thankfully iam stocked up, but thanks you i will definitely be checking it out!!!!!

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: iamn3ko

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I fashioned something similar a few nights ago...glad to see you are releasing one (far better than mine!).

I dont know if they are releasing one, if you look at the picture that tim originally posted it says vrip tech around the bottom of the glass where it is connecting to the cera body. Unless vriptech is manufacturing it for thermovape...

Mynameismud,

OF

I dont know if they are releasing one, if you look at the picture that tim originally posted it says vrip tech around the bottom of the glass where it is connecting to the cera body. Unless vriptech is manufacturing it for thermovape...

Actually they've been selling them for a while, only recently ended with the rest of the 'old line' . It's one of the two glass tops sold for T1 originally (the other doesn't have a GonG connector but a round MP, the one I have). It needs a screen to work with bud, no big deal IMO.

No screen is needed for use with oil of course.

Hopefully this means they have a stock of the parts still (or will order more) and will eventually be putting them up for sale. Vrip is the maker, a big noise in local custom glass......US made (of course).

Where can one acquire one of these?

AFAIK it's a custom made part, you'll have to buy one from TV when they offer them. Politely asking them might hasten that time? If enough guys contact Zeki asking, I bet he looks into it? I mean he's not really doing anything like answering phones and trying to keep the shipment orders straight as Tim and company produce more and more units each week......right?

OF

2ndSight

Keeping the 'right' volume in there is the key. Too much and vents plug and you get leaks and have trouble getting it going fast. Too little and vapor volume suffers, it gets hotter and the taste degrades.....also worth avoiding.

This is all great advice, thanks again. I'm thinking i'll try to err on the side of 'more' since then it's nigh impossible to keep up with the vapor production enough to even think about problems or how to solve them. which is a tremendously good thing. heh. :haw:

You just need to run some more concentrate through the Cera under differing conditions.

Say no more! Hahah I am an eager volunteer for more rigorous testing yes, yes...back to the lab!...:science:

I actually pulled the delrin driptip off my friend's thermovape alpha ultralite and tried it on the Cera---holy christ! Now i understand why people like it. The less restricted airflow is fantastic, and physical heat on your lips seems like less of an issue, although the vapor is warmer and potential for leaks high. Definitely going to have to pick up a driptip to experiment further with though.

So far the favorite is using the little hydracirc WP from the vapexhale cloud and plopping that on the Cera. Works great since it keeps the pen totally upright and has very little drag. Hopefully videos soon, once i can shoot a proper one without getting overly medicated first! Cheers :cheers:

EDIT: as for that LL-to-glass adapter (T1 14mm GonG adapter)---this place says they got em, but theyre ~60 bucks after shipping? yowch. maybe there's other options out there... https://vapehead.com/USD/

Rocco

If you look very closely after it says Vrip it has the signature insignia of the lowercase t with a leaf next to it...so I think they may have had a good amount of these made for them recently and probably haven't had the time to mess with them until now or something, thats just a guess though.

edit: oops just noticed OF covered this just a few posts up :doh:

Rocco,

Tweek

I actually pulled the delrin driptip off my friend's thermovape alpha ultralite and tried it on the Cera---holy christ! Now i understand why people like it. The less restricted airflow is fantastic, and physical heat on your lips seems like less of an issue, although the vapor is warmer and potential for leaks high. Definitely going to have to pick up a driptip to experiment further with though.

This is why I enjoy the glass tip I rigged onto mine for the LL cart. When it comes to vaping herb, I like to feel the temperature of the vapor on my tongue. This, as well as a more open air path, seems to help me pull thicker clouds. I find the ceramic mouthpiece, although terrific in its own right, takes away some of that feedback that I like when I vape herb.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
This is why I enjoy the glass tip I rigged onto mine for the LL cart. When it comes to vaping herb, I like to feel the temperature of the vapor on my tongue. This, as well as a more open air path, seems to help me pull thicker clouds. I find the ceramic mouthpiece, although terrific in its own right, takes away some of that feedback that I like when I vape herb.
I like your set up.
I prefer glass!

Tweek

I like your set up.
Does the glass path provides a cleaner flavor profile in your opinion?
I prefer glass!

No, I find the taste the same. The ceramic leaves you with a very clean vapor..the advantage is in the feedback that I am getting. One could say you get slightly better tasting vapor from the glass setup due to the warmth I getting from the wider air path, but it is marginal.

Top Bottom