Discontinued Thermovape Cera

bopper

Have any of the Macgyvers out there have checked out http://www.e-switch.com the PV1 Series Long Life, Water Resistant Anti-vandal Switches look promising. Or the PV4 switch illuminated. I am unsure of how difficult it would be to mount the spring onto switch. I know that epoxy keeps it in place inside a fiber tube. The switches also have different options such as soldered mounts or screw style.? What is the right one? The illuminated switch comes in BLACK!! SWEET!!

Thanks SMELLY

All of those switches are rated at 2A which is too low for the application.

Best,

bopper

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I remember reading that cartrdiges and adapters will be available for 510 threading, is this still in the works? Also is there gonna be an LV version so It can be used with the ultra? I keep telling myself to wait but im probably gonna end up buying an entire cera as it doesnt seem like its gonna happen anytime soon

Mynameismud,
Reactions: OF

SMELLYcat

My name is SMELLYcat and I like to Party!
OK, I'll say this just once more, THE ORIGINAL SLIDING SWITCH IS NOT PRACTICAL. Give it up guys, you don't want it, it doesn't work like you think it does. If it did, it'd a different story.

Something entirely different is needed. Period.

OF
I am bummed out. When holding the Cera it doesn't feel natural. Its a two handed event. ( Not that I have used it with the toggle, But) It would be so much more user friendly. Am I wrong?

OF what problems did you encounter while using w/thumb toggle? Are you also against the latching switch also? Thanks

All of those switches are rated at 2A which is too low for the application.

Best,

bopper
Thanks that's what I was thinking.

SMELLYcat,

bopper

I remember reading that cartrdiges and adapters will be available for 510 threading, is this still in the works? Also is there gonna be an LV version so It can be used with the ultra? I keep telling myself to wait but im probably gonna end up buying an entire cera as it doesnt seem like its gonna happen anytime soon

The Cera cartridges are already LV (nominally 3.7v, same as the Ultra). Many of us are hoping for a 510 adapter, for a variety of reasons.

Best,

bopper

bopper,

2ndSight

My Cera SS EO review after my first evening of use:

The awesome stuff:

-As i mentioned in my previous post when i unboxed this puppy, very solid feel, great aesthetic overall.
-Tons of dense vapor, will definitely knock you on your ass! I own a skillet and this is easily giving rips as huge as i could get from dabbing, coughing and all, mucho clouds.
-Easy to clean the mouthpiece and such with just a paper towel. Haven't had any significant clogging of the mouthpiece, just general surface buildup from use.
-Nice long battery life so far, i haven't taken one 'all the way down' (i've been switching off and charging em) so i'll certainly need to do more testing before i can really say much on this front anyhow.
-Oil reservoir is a nice size. Was able to load 0.35g of honeycomb initially with relative ease (intermittent heating and stirring to liquify into ceramic core) and got at least 20-25 solid hits. Has anyone determined the maximum possible load in this beauty? I know it's at least 0.5g but I didn't wanna push it early on...

---

The less than awesome stuff (only been using it a short while so what do i know):

-The heat: it seems that even from somewhat casual EO usage between just 1 or 2 people this thing can get mighty hot quickly and retain a fair amount of that heat. Wasn't expecting it to be quite so toasty since EO usage is much briefer than LL usage. If you ask me I feel like they would be best off to include the thermal mouthpiece cover for all orders and just nudge the price point a few bucks, since it seems fairly vital/good to have for using any cart imo. Does anyone know if they are still planning to release full thermal sleeves in additional to the thermal mouthpiece covers available now?
-The switch: of course, gotta say it. similar to the heat i didn't think the non-latching switch would matter much at all to me as an EO user, but it honestly does make things really awkward. all of my friends who used Cera were offput by the awkward angle of holding the switch and they knew nothing about it.
-I've also noticed (and this could just be me) it's pretty tough to draw air through the full piece in general (high resistance draw). If i take off the mouth piece and just suck through that it seems fine, but when pulling through the core as well it's much more restricted, which i'm still adjusting to. This isn't typically an issue since so much vapor comes so easily/quickly, but when using Cera through various WP's i've noticed it takes a great deal more lung power and technique to get as dense/impactful of a hit as when using without a WP. Any tips/tricks around this would certainly be appreciated. I'm still learning, plenty more practice to be had... :rofl:

---

The cons list might appear longer than the pros but don't let that fool ya one bit! I absolutely love this product, very glad i purchased, and worth the wait. Cera totally floored every test subject she encountered hehe. True high quality feel and function overall, lovin' it so far. I'll hopefully be able to toss up a video soon. In the meantime, all this typing about Cera...i think she's gettin a lil' lonely... :mmmm:

TheRobbo

Hey Dreamer thanks for the kind thoughts, but I'm sure I will never see any of it again, it's ok I'm over it. Can't get too hung up on these things.
On a nicer note my two spare bats arrived today in all done up in shrink wrap in a nice little plastic case even complete with Panasonic paperwork, they look pretty legit exactly the same as the ones from TET, I'm thinking I'll give them a charge, use each one for a bowl which should leave them at roughly 50% and chuck em in a draw for down the track.

R

TheRobbo,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Tweek

Honestly, I don't miss the sliding switch. Can't really see it's benefit now that I have the unit in my hands. For those who find it uncomfortable, try cradling it between your thumb and index finger, near the end of the unit. From there, you can press the button with your thumb in comfort.

nickzzzx

Im not sure what I'm missing but how do I use the safety pin? I can't put it into the cera with the battery in the unit.
Also, I'm finding it very comfortable to hold the cera between my thumb and index finger like a pencil with the button being the writing side. Using your middle or ring finger to press the button in this position feels natural for one handed use.

nickzzzx,

OF

OF what problems did you encounter while using w/thumb toggle? Are you also against the latching switch also?

Look, I'm not against the sliding switch idea, it's just that the original design has some serious issues that mean it's not really a good solution. All the parts have to be carefully fitted to work. Change the cart and a few thousandths of an inch can bind it up (it's a very tight fit). Too much battery pressure (like a different length battery, remember I now have been given six to test) and it also binds or sometimes moves but doesn't switch over inside (wanna guess how hard that one was to run down?). And so on. LOTS of problems, ones they've looked at and I've also looked at and don't believe there's a simple way to recover it (or I suspect they'd do it?). I don't want to be party to an unending string of second guessing that complete with lots of extra problems from upset members expecting someone here (most likely me) to fix for them.

Even more so I really want no part of guys trying to 'get over' here. Three different Members have contacted me now looking for special favors here. One guy innocently wants me to see if I can 'talk Tim out of the parts' he's sure they have in piles (not true AFAIK, mine is hand made and 'one off'). I don't even want to think about the guy who wants me to disassemble it, measure and photograph all the pieces for him...... I declined that. The third fellow, the one that hints heavily if I'll just grab (AKA steal) the parts from TV on some future visit and send them to him he'll send me some oil he makes....... Him I'm just ignoring (something I try to never do). I understand guys are frustrated, they want it all, but I honestly want no part of this BS. I'm not going to be party to spreading information I've been asked not to (I've given them my word.....which means a lot to me at least) and I'm sure as hell not going to steal anything for some fool I don't even know from Adam's off ox. Or take drugs from him through the mails.

I've made a couple of suggestions to TV (and they have at least one promising one of their own). I think something will happen, maybe several solutions, in due time. I don't think it's any version of the system they first tried. And it will have to work through the two holes. It may well call for changing the top plate (where the cart screws in) and therefore be tought to retrofit. Somewhere along there I'd like to see if we can get a power on light going as well.

I'm cool with latching switches I guess, I'm testing my home made one. I also support the experiments with foil, wire, different switches and so on. Latching switches have issues that may make them a problem for the factory to be providing but the risks guys assume modifying their personal units makes that a moot point IMO. As I see it, right now if they were shipping latching switches leading to what we have just recently found out (oil carts can dump their load out the vents if left on too long) it's a matter of time before someone is demanding TV replace the leather seats in their Audi....... Disclaimers all over might offer some protections there, but now that the risk is known it might be best avoiced from their end? Perhaps a 'stand alone' latching switch can be sold by them 'for LL use only'????

Sorry to be so hard headed on this, guys, but there's a lot of factors in play here. I honestly don't see a way around it or I'd be saying so. At least not yet. And I'm sure not interested in any more offers for underhanded shit from my 'friends' on the web. My agreement with TV calls for being honest and open with what I find testing and posting it right here on FC. Good or bad, IME unique for Beta testers? It specifically calls for keeping some confidential IP from TV confidential (which I intend to continue to do) and it surely doesn't involve stealing from them and trading for drugs.

Yes, it's still on the list for TV (as of about two weeks back) but it's scheduled for after the mini Cera and a couple of other 'smaller projects', my guess is late spring?

I'm now on the third version of mine (it turns out there's a lot of variation in 510 connectors depending on compliance in the carts which is why adapters break early Perseis I think) so after hand fitting the first ones I'm now experimenting with a spring inside a PTFE tube (which seems to work surprisingly well). When the time comes I expect something well done from TV.

As another aside I made a m601 version the other day to put a Cera oil cart on Persei with great results. I think there's a huge market there. I took it over to a 'D9 based vape bud' who's seriously into oils for evaluation a few days back......I haven't heard from him since..... I think the Cera oil cart is a winner on it's own.

On the matter of cart capacity I like half a gram or so, but at least one of 'the guys at TV' loads a gram or more, has concentrate standing inside it. Pretty amazing to see, really. He has to heat some just to get it to draw. I see it as an individual level thing guys will need to sort out for themselves? A lot has to do with the specific concentrate too I think. But I'd start with half a gram or so and keep in mind it's about four times bigger than Revolution/DART.

OF

Belgianvapor

I'm having better and better results with my LL.
Not sure if I'm getting the hang of it or that I get better results with less than full battery, although OF said that for the biggest part of battery life it will keep going pretty strong, so hey, I might just getting better at it :brow: ABV is getting more evenly brown and less dark.
Cera needs attention while in use so I'm expecting my results to vary a bit in the beginning untill I really got the hang of it.
I looked up some of the temp settings of my other vapes and I found that I like low vape temps, so that's a technique I'm working on now, to not let the cera get too hot, it's all in the breathing !
I will recieve my mouth piece tomorrow wich will give me the possibility for longer sessions but to be honest, the cera can medicate so good so quick that I only need about 2 minutes of use with it.
What I did found out however is that Cera likes to stay hot/warm for a while, so after use I like to unscrew the button, take out the battery and take of the mouth piece, don't worry future cera owners, this is not somthing you HAVE to do, not at all, I just like to do it, it's fun to take this beauty apart !!

Tweek

So I guess asking you for an autographed poster from the folks at TET is out of the question? :D

Sorry to hear this OF, it is definitely unacceptable of members to make those kinds of requests and suggestions. I was disappointed with the change in switches at first, but now that I have the unit, I LOVE IT the way it is configured.

As to the modding, I would caution anyone out there playing around, to be careful. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I was toying with a side switch mod...until I noticed my oil cart burning up. Enjoy it as it is...and for the love of ganja, stop getting so worked up over a damn switch...yeeesh. :doh:

OF

So I guess asking you for an autographed poster from the folks at TET is out of the question? :D

Sorry to hear this OF, it is definitely unacceptable of members to make those kinds of requests and suggestions.

Oh, I don't know about that poster part. Yours was the first face up on the wall there. There are now 5 or 6 such 'warning notices' on the board, including mine...... Luckily for me without an avitar you have to get close enough to read the name. Otherwise it's like the walls of (criminal) wanted posters at the Post Offices of my youth. You're quite natural in that setting somehow........

What you might have said or done to them to get 'top billing' there I don't want to know.

Thanks for the thoughts on the suggestions I don't like getting. Good people often make poor choices, ones that don't really reflect their values. I prefer to think that's what's going on. I'm somewhat sad that it seems I'm seen as a potential candidate for such unethical BS. I'm not sure if I did a poor job of representing myself or maybe it was a general feeling that 'everyone has his price'? Then again, maybe it was just a 'hail Mary' fishing expedition? I get it other folks have different ethics of course. Whatever the cause, I'll be happier if I get no more such offers.

I'm a big fan of Capitalism. If there is a big enough 'need' (and here I think there is) the market will fill it somehow. We provide the demand, 'the system' provides the supply. In this case I think we are part of the system....which is cool, too. I have faith in Pipes, Ed (of 'Ed's stems'), and the other inventive good sorts that support our efforts so well. I would not sell such folks short.....no, make that 'I'm not selling.....'.

IMO it's a great product, and will be getting better still over time. Just yesterday I was over at TV getting upgraded again and learning to make heater coils. Let me tell you that is a seriously demanding skill there, I made 3 and installed one of them in about 40 minutes. My first one passed QC, much to my relief. I've got it right here, worked great when I got it home. I would not be a good employee to have making hundreds of such precise little coils. In the course of that a local Club Owner came by to pick his Cera up (he was impressed of course) but as side conversation on cases (for purse carry, what other guy thinks of that?), belt cases, hanger mounting on the Cera and so on were discussed. Some seriously cool ideas (like a hemp case?) were thrown around, I'm confident more good stuff is on the way. Much of it stuff we don't yet know we want.

OF

JoeKickass

Yes, it's still on the list for TV (as of about two weeks back) but it's scheduled for after the mini Cera and a couple of other 'smaller projects', my guess is late spring?
Woah! That's much sooner than I would have thought!

The mini Cera must be almost ready then? Have you seen prototypes lying around for testing?

JoeKickass,

OF

The mini Cera must be almost ready then? Have you seen prototypes lying around for testing?

I'm guessing of course. No there are no mini Cera parts 'lying around' but then again there were no Cera parts seen before they wanted me to see them. They kept it under wraps for nearly a year. A hint or two coupled with a few questions was all I got before I was handed a complete unit 'cold'. Given the fairly minor repackaging that needs to be done, my bet is they're waiting on tools to make the parts right now. I hope to see a working Beta unit by Easter and expect folks to be getting their own well before Labor day?

For now, running Cera carts on my Ultra supplies (including the 14500 based one) with my little kluge adapters tells me it's gonna be a winner.

OF

Tweek

For what it's worth, this is how I have been holding my Cera for maximum comfort:

Z8E5dfI.jpg

Hope this helps some of you lovely folks out. :spliff:

2ndSight

On the subject of cases, i went with the medical route and picked up a Dia-pak Daymate (insulin pen case)--gives me just enough room for a spare battery, some wax, a scraping tool, o-rings, etc. The strap for securing the Cera is a bit snug, but you can slide her in with some effort (i might adjust/customize the strap a bit later to fit it better).

Closed:
oXGFuYP.jpg

Open:
OGYPDje.jpg

For those wanting more info such as dimensions (i've found em for even a few bucks cheaper but this listing has a decent picture):
http://www.amazon.com/Dia-Pack-Daym...660&sr=8-4&keywords=medicool+dia-pack+daymate

Overall it's a somewhat cheap feeling case (not highest quality materials or anything), but does the job great for me. I wanted to avoid my case being too bulky, but still have room to store a few things. Also a nifty clip on the outside so i can attach to a backpack and such. :rockon:

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
The Cera cartridges are already LV (nominally 3.7v, same as the Ultra). Many of us are hoping for a 510 adapter, for a variety of reasons.

Best,

bopper

Correct! All of our carts are for 3.7V.

Look, I'm not against the sliding switch idea, it's just that the original design has some serious issues that mean it's not really a good solution. All the parts have to be carefully fitted to work. Change the cart and a few thousandths of an inch can bind it up (it's a very tight fit). Too much battery pressure (like a different length battery, remember I now have been given six to test) and it also binds or sometimes moves but doesn't switch over inside (wanna guess how hard that one was to run down?). And so on. LOTS of problems, ones they've looked at and I've also looked at and don't believe there's a simple way to recover it (or I suspect they'd do it?). I don't want to be party to an unending string of second guessing that complete with lots of extra problems from upset members expecting someone here (most likely me) to fix for them.

Even more so I really want no part of guys trying to 'get over' here. Three different Members have contacted me now looking for special favors here. One guy innocently wants me to see if I can 'talk Tim out of the parts' he's sure they have in piles (not true AFAIK, mine is hand made and 'one off'). I don't even want to think about the guy who wants me to disassemble it, measure and photograph all the pieces for him...... I declined that. The third fellow, the one that hints heavily if I'll just grab (AKA steal) the parts from TV on some future visit and send them to him he'll send me some oil he makes....... Him I'm just ignoring (something I try to never do). I understand guys are frustrated, they want it all, but I honestly want no part of this BS. I'm not going to be party to spreading information I've been asked not to (I've given them my word.....which means a lot to me at least) and I'm sure as hell not going to steal anything for some fool I don't even know from Adam's off ox. Or take drugs from him through the mails.

I've made a couple of suggestions to TV (and they have at least one promising one of their own). I think something will happen, maybe several solutions, in due time. I don't think it's any version of the system they first tried. And it will have to work through the two holes. It may well call for changing the top plate (where the cart screws in) and therefore be tought to retrofit. Somewhere along there I'd like to see if we can get a power on light going as well.

I'm cool with latching switches I guess, I'm testing my home made one. I also support the experiments with foil, wire, different switches and so on. Latching switches have issues that may make them a problem for the factory to be providing but the risks guys assume modifying their personal units makes that a moot point IMO. As I see it, right now if they were shipping latching switches leading to what we have just recently found out (oil carts can dump their load out the vents if left on too long) it's a matter of time before someone is demanding TV replace the leather seats in their Audi....... Disclaimers all over might offer some protections there, but now that the risk is known it might be best avoiced from their end? Perhaps a 'stand alone' latching switch can be sold by them 'for LL use only'????

Sorry to be so hard headed on this, guys, but there's a lot of factors in play here. I honestly don't see a way around it or I'd be saying so. At least not yet. And I'm sure not interested in any more offers for underhanded shit from my 'friends' on the web. My agreement with TV calls for being honest and open with what I find testing and posting it right here on FC. Good or bad, IME unique for Beta testers? It specifically calls for keeping some confidential IP from TV confidential (which I intend to continue to do) and it surely doesn't involve stealing from them and trading for drugs.

I'm now on the third version of mine (it turns out there's a lot of variation in 510 connectors depending on compliance in the carts which is why adapters break early Perseis I think) so after hand fitting the first ones I'm now experimenting with a spring inside a PTFE tube (which seems to work surprisingly well). When the time comes I expect something well done from TV.

As another aside I made a m601 version the other day to put a Cera oil cart on Persei with great results. I think there's a huge market there. I took it over to a 'D9 based vape bud' who's seriously into oils for evaluation a few days back......I haven't heard from him since..... I think the Cera oil cart is a winner on it's own.

On the matter of cart capacity I like half a gram or so, but at least one of 'the guys at TV' loads a gram or more, has concentrate standing inside it. Pretty amazing to see, really. He has to heat some just to get it to draw. I see it as an individual level thing guys will need to sort out for themselves? A lot has to do with the specific concentrate too I think. But I'd start with half a gram or so and keep in mind it's about four times bigger than Revolution/DART.

OF

Sometimes people surprise me at the lengths they will go to get something they could just do a little work for, figure a weeks or so worth and you could have 2 Cera's! ;) Thanks for the support OF, sometimes i don't know what i would do without ya! :science:

In regards to how much you can load up in the CEO.... Play with it a little, some may like it with less overall concentrate in it for easier draws, and some may like it a little more full with a slightly restrictive full dense vapor.

I'm having better and better results with my LL.
Not sure if I'm getting the hang of it or that I get better results with less than full battery, although OF said that for the biggest part of battery life it will keep going pretty strong, so hey, I might just getting better at it :brow: ABV is getting more evenly brown and less dark.
Cera needs attention while in use so I'm expecting my results to vary a bit in the beginning untill I really got the hang of it.
I looked up some of the temp settings of my other vapes and I found that I like low vape temps, so that's a technique I'm working on now, to not let the cera get too hot, it's all in the breathing !
I will recieve my mouth piece tomorrow wich will give me the possibility for longer sessions but to be honest, the cera can medicate so good so quick that I only need about 2 minutes of use with it.
What I did found out however is that Cera likes to stay hot/warm for a while, so after use I like to unscrew the button, take out the battery and take of the mouth piece, don't worry future cera owners, this is not somthing you HAVE to do, not at all, I just like to do it, it's fun to take this beauty apart !!

Glad to see your liking it! :)

Sorry to hear this OF, it is definitely unacceptable of members to make those kinds of requests and suggestions. I was disappointed with the change in switches at first, but now that I have the unit, I LOVE IT the way it is configured.

As to the modding, I would caution anyone out there playing around, to be careful. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I was toying with a side switch mod...until I noticed my oil cart burning up. Enjoy it as it is...and for the love of ganja, stop getting so worked up over a damn switch...yeeesh. :doh:

You'll have to contact our fan club for autographed merchandise.... ;)

No prototypes..... yet.....

Update on shipping:

We are working on LL cores to get the LL orders caught up with the EO orders, the EO Vaporizer orders are about 2 weeks ahead of the LL. We switched gears to get the LL orders on the same orders dates. Expecting another 17 orders to go out today alone!!

Were starting to pick up speed assembling, each step is more and more refined and taking less time to complete. Keep bearing with us, its faster every day!

Cheers,
Tim

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Will it be possible to have carts made for 6V? I have this wonderful T1 AC power supply that I'd like to utilize i with the Cera EO cart if possible...

Dangus,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
For now, running Cera carts on my Ultra supplies (including the 14500 based one) with my little kluge adapters tells me it's gonna be a winner.

OF
We really brutalize our batteries. A 15W Cera core draws a little over 4 amps. For a 600mAh 14500 IMR that's almost 7C. It's a wonder our batteries last more than three or four cycles. :)

As JKA mentioned, it's nice to hear that a Mini Cera might be available long before the end of the year. I'm still hoping for a 510 adapter in a reasonable time frame; I don't have your skills in metalworking...

Haywood,
Reactions: OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Will it be possible to have carts made for 6V? I have this wonderful T1 AC power supply that I'd like to utilize i with the Cera EO cart if possible...

I haven't played much with it. After we get caught up ill start trying stuff out more.

We really brutalize our batteries. A 15W Cera core draws a little over 4 amps. For a 600mAh 14500 IMR that's almost 7C. It's a wonder our batteries last more than three or four cycles. :)

As JKA mentioned, it's nice to hear that a Mini Cera might be available long before the end of the year. I'm still hoping for a 510 adapter in a reasonable time frame; I don't have your skills in metalworking...
Battery technology has come a long way! I cant wait for SuperCaps to be in full swing, that's going to change many portables!

Tim

Belgianvapor

Is it just me or do all cera owners have this :
my wife thinks I'm vaping much much more because she sees me holding the cera in my hands whenever I can but I just really really like to hold it, put it down, look at it, take it apart, putting it together, etc etc
this thing is like a lava lamp, you can keep looking at it ! (insert drooling emoticon here)
So buyers be aware...buy more tissues because the drooling doesn't stop when you have yours !

Top Bottom