Discontinued Thermovape Cera

kevin

Thanks OF/Tweek
OF I'm using the technique you explained to me above and that is working so-so kind of a pain but doable.
I'm just looking for any other tips, I think one of my problmes is as Tweek explained when using upside down w/WP the wax comes out of heater and down the walls of chamber to the MP, This is fine but then it cools after hit and wax is now all over the sides and MP not down in the heater, which will vape just need W/more heat.
OF I made up some wax like Noah was using in his video, thick and sticky but not solid and I just didn't seem to get those kind of results, maybe after a few 100 bowls pratice and I'll get that learning curve worked out. OF now that you have a SS and a TI EO chamber have you noticed and difference in loading, I was wanting to know if the Ti chamber seems to cool faster than the SS and this could be why I have more trouble sticking to the sides loading the thick stuff???
Anyway I'll keep reading and working to find the best way to load I know that w/the folks here I will work this out and make this easier.
On a side note then cigar case that OF listed works great small and truff as nails plus it's cheap $15-20!
I had an idea (look out) what if after a few more local Cera owns receive there new toys we could pick a local place to get together for ALL THINGS CERA , loading/ using etc This could maybe help those that are having LL problems and it's always IMO easier to learn w/somebody showing you the right way.
Hell I'll do it at my house if need be,we can BBQ and learn or is that learn then BBQ! Going to SF or a culb I don't think is the best way to many rules etc.
OF I got my Herc replacement parts and would like to do some testing w/you Cera vs Herc? I have a brand new Herc and can boil or torch Cera.

Kevin:cheers:
Whatever works for everybody

NoName

Thanks for the info! I got the Ti unit and thought that's why the different colors..
Got and tips loading the solid waxes?
Kevin

Hey Kevin,

I also have a TI CERA EO (with an additional SS LL Cart). I have used both of the methods (toothpick and loading tool) suggested by OF with success (but if using any type of 'loading tool' be careful not to damage the ceramic 'wafers'). A related method would substitute a heat gun (or hair dryer) for either CERA's heater (when using OF's toothpick method) or a torch (when using the loading tool method). I happen to use the following (it was recommended by several forum members for filling Omicron carts and to them I say "Thank You"):

http://www.amazon.com/ECG-HG-300D-Mini-Heat-Gun/dp/B003N3G4WY#productDetails

Since it's nowhere near as hot as a torch you may not need to remove the o-rings (that being said I always do LOL). I load an appropriate amount depending on whether the cart is 'new/newly cleaned' (empty) vs. 'being topped off' - making sure that I never load the EO cart with more than 0.5 grams. If accuracy is important then weigh the EO Cart when new/thoroughly cleaned to determine your 'empty weight' (TI EO is around 25.0 - 25.25 grams empty; I think OF found the SS EO Cart to be around 42 grams?) and from that point on it's easy to weigh in the future and be certain of how much medication you still have loaded.

Red vs. Black o-rings: Kevin, my TI EO Cart came with black o-rings (yours with the red I believe?). I think ThermoTim posted something about 'how rockin' the EO Cart looked with the black o-rings a while back (and as PB posted) regarding aesthetics. I'm not sure, but I think that the TET-provided RED o-rings have a higher temp rating than the black. Maybe Tim or someone here on the forum can clarify.

"All things CERA Day"??? - F'g Brilliant!!

Regards,
NN

leetmode

Well, I finally got my Cera.
I ordered the titanium EO version Nov. 14.
I've only used it once but I gotta say this is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. In fact I think this could be too much,:spliff::razz::smug::mmmm:.
I can make a more detailed review with pictures but I'm afraid I'll just be repeating whats been said already.

Edit: BTW, OF your loading tips are perfect. I have a question though, you said to use a wooden tooth pic, would a titanium dabber be ok too? Or could that damage the ceramic in the cart?

VapeStL

Has anyone had a chance to compare the taste between the same cartridge made out of both metals? I'm close to re-ordering, but this go around I might splurge & get the Ti oil cera only. My orig order was the SS version of all 3 carts, but i'm nearly thru w/ecigs & probably wouldn't use the LL cart much.

I guess i'm asking if anyone has compared the 2 difft oil carts.

VapeStL,

fake name

Hey everybody, guess what i just got...

This thing is gorgeous!!! I liked the look of it in the pics, but in person it really is very aesthetically pleasing. As others have reported, the first thing I noticed in holding it was the heft, this thing is heavier than i expected. Heavier, in a good way. The second thing I noticed was how good it feels in my hand. The Cera is very comfortable to hold.

The biggest surprise for me was how small it is. This is likely because I have giant hands, but seeing other people handling them made me expect it to be a little bigger. But this thing is the perfect size, I can hold it and hit the button very easily, with any of my fingers or my thumb. I know people wanted the latching switch, but it is easier to hold this and press the button one handed than it is to hold the switch on the T1 line.

Well, I have my battery on the charger, so i cant test it out just yet. My first impression is very positive, though. It even came with a pack of various grommets. I'll be back later with an initial performance evaluation later...

TheRobbo

Well it's official the cops do NOT want to know what Cera is, I tested it out (unintentionally of course).
I had just had a session on my back verandah, set it down on the table and started hanging some clothes out to dry when I heard someone open my gate. Turns out it was mr. police man 6 of his friends and a warrant to search my house, due to growing some plants they thought they were gonna get a mr. big, but I really only had enough to last me a year (I was hoping to get 8 to 10 Oz from 6 plants)
Any way in the process of looking around they walked past Cera multiple times and not once enquired what she might be (I also have a length of clear tube on the cap so it looks more like a pipe than anything else. Unfortunately the did take my plants, my stash and everything in my carry case including 1 battery my CEO cart (which now I have no plants I have nothing to make oil out of)

And now I have to go to court for minding my own business not hurting anyone and deffo not selling to any one... Argh when will the rest of the world catch up and if not legalise then at least give us mmj, I know with my back and wrist I would qualify.

Ok sorry to carry on but you know now Cera's dildoesk looks are a good thing.

R

thegoo

Hey OF, where can I find your instructions on loading. I have given this thread a thorough scan but still cant seem to find it...... a link or post number would b greatly appreciated. Loading for the CERA EO just to clarify.....thanks in advance and congrats to all the new CERA owners!

Edit: also i read that the empty weight of the SS EO cart is around 42 grams....did that include the o rings?

thegoo,

PB88123

Vaporist
Hey OF, where can I find your instructions on loading. I have given this thread a thorough scan but still cant seem to find it...... a link or post number would b greatly appreciated. Loading for the CERA EO just to clarify.....thanks in advance and congrats to all the new CERA owners!

Edit: also i read that the empty weight of the SS EO cart is around 42 grams....did that include the o rings?

You can read this (OF wrote it). http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/ThermoVape_Cera#The_Cera_Essential_Oil_According_to_Forum_Member_OF

If you or someone else wants more in depth instructions just ask here.

PB88123,
Reactions: thegoo

chevelle970

Got my GL version just a few hours ago. I like it! It's heavy, but not in a bad way. Kinda like my concealed carry. Heavy enough to give you the comfort that it's there, but not weighing you down. I use a 36mg unflavored e-liquid from innovapor(100% VG). The taste isn't all that great, but i'm sure the core needs to be properly "seasoned". Vapor production seems instant and lung hits can get crazy. I'm glad there is no latching switch as it is not nessessary for my uses. I would like to figure out a way to bring back the use of the side switch as an off/on instead of the saftey pin. A latching switch would be nice once thats figured out. It seems like a better idea when used as an ecig. The porous plate in the core was a litte chipped, but i doubt t will affect performance. Glad the core has a one year warrenty. I had to wash the mouth peace before use as bits of the plate were everywhere. It's very well built and clevery designed. I can't wait to take it to work tonight and show it off. I ordered Nov 1 and got two of the 2900Mah batteries. They took less than 5min on the charger before they were ready for use. Most of the picture I took were not very good due to lighting, but here are a few.

NweZwAR.jpg

is02hyp.jpg

NoName

Hi thegoo,

OF's post #1473 for the loading tips. Sorry, I tried to put a link to the post but screwed it up. OF can verify the SS EO Cart weight but since he said that he removes the o-rings before loading with a torch - I'm going to 'guess' that the weight was probably without o-rings?? Or not.... After all it would be easier to verify cart weight in the future without having to remove the o-rings. A suggestion: weigh both ways (for reference) and use the 'with o-ring weight' going forward? Good luck vaping!

NN

NoName,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I use a 36mg unflavored e-liquid from innovapor(100% VG). The taste isn't all that great,
That's a pretty high nic level. Will give quite the throat hit. If no flavour added, you might want to add 10-15% distilled water or vodka to dampen the throat hit a bit.

:2c:

Pipes,
Reactions: Tweek

chevelle970

That's a pretty high nic level. Will give quite the throat hit. If no flavour added, you might want to add 10-15% distilled water or vodka to dampen the throat hit a bit.

:2c:
I've been using this same e-liquid for four years now. Never been a problem with any of my PVs. Every device is different tho. I've got some PG stuff on the shelf with a few flavors. I'm in test mode and really buzzed on the nic atm. Wheeee!

chevelle970,

Tweek

I like the taste from the E-Liquid cart. I find I have to be careful how long I hold down the switch, otherwise it can cook a little too much for my liking, but this is where having the momentary switch is really nice.

coffinoff

Il buy one but went would it be shipped that's what's scaring me away
For what its worth, I finally ordered one over the weekend and the confirmation email they sent me said it could take up to 5 weeks to ship. It seems like they're getting a bit faster with filling orders recently but there must still be a backlog that they are trying to catch up on.

thegoo

Hi thegoo,

OF's pos. And #1473 for the loading tips. Sorry, I tried to put a link to the post but screwed it up. OF can verify the SS EO Cart weight but since he said that he removes the o-rings before loading with a torch - I'm going to 'guess' that the weight was probably without o-rings?? Or not.... After all it would be easier to verify cart weight in the future without having to remove the o-rings. A suggestion: weigh both ways (for reference) and use the 'with o-ring weight' going forward? Good luck vaping!

NN

Thanks a lot. I pretty much have the loading of the EO core down and use wax most of the the time. My preferred method is rolling a ball about .3 right on top of the ceramic wafer and toggling the CERA on/off in 5-10 second increments as not to induce vapor production. In my experience that seems to do the trick after 2 or 3 periods in the on position. This load usually gives me 10-15 enormous pulls. After that i find mysekf preheating for close to 20 seconds before i can get a big hit. My biggest problem so far is figuring out when to reload or "top off".a lot of my confusion is due to the fact that flavor doesnt seem to degrade as the load runs low. Anyway thanks for the reply and as soon as i complete my first cleaning i will post the empty weight of the SS EO cart with and wuthout o rings as i feel this is th best indicator to oil level.

kevin

Thanks to everyone for there input, all of these methides work! I'm just looking for the best, never know what someone might come up with, or what a few mixed together.
Kevin

PS: goggle Cigar Humadors (Xikar 5 pack , you can put Cera Batts and all your diff chambers/MP's
and few other goodies) It's small and handy transport, sorry no pics at this time.

funkin

Thanks to everyone for there input, all of these methides work! I'm just looking for the best, never know what someone might come up with, or what a few mixed together.
Kevin

PS: goggle Cigar Humadors (Xikar 5 pack , you can put Cera Batts and all your diff chambers/MP's
and few other goodies) It's small and handy transport, sorry no pics at this time.

Thank you, sir. I've seen pictures of this case, I'm just not very.. uhh.. remote-dimensionally-perceptive? I don't know the right way to describe this, haha. But it'd help me to see the Cera actually in the case rather than trying to imagine it, since I have never seen the case or Cera in person.

funkin,

2ndSight

Woohoo! My Cera magically arrived just moments ago. I never received a shipping/tracking notice, but i could care less at this point! (ordered Dec. 4th for any wondering)

Unboxing impression: Extremely well-crafted. Downright sexy. As others have commented, it seems nice and small compared to what i pictured in my mind. Lovely weight, no wonder Noah destroyed plates, it's a beast! A few super tiny scratches on the outside of my switch housing, but otherwise aesthetically flawless and pure eye-gasm! :bowdown:

More to come later....first these batteries must charge...charge baby charge! :D

Sonics420

jGrNtDT.jpg

Got a piece for my Cera in advanced.. pretty soon I will order the EO cera package and ill be set.
But man it feels nice to hold this.. its really a tease. The cart itself just shows the quality in materials alone..solid and pretty heavy also.

Cant wait til the cera is readily availible for purchase.

Sonics420,
Reactions: SMELLYcat

SMELLYcat

My name is SMELLYcat and I like to Party!
Got a piece for my Cera in advanced.. pretty soon I will order the EO cera package and ill be set.
But man it feels nice to hold this.. its really a tease. The cart itself just shows the quality in materials alone..solid and pretty heavy also.

Cant wait til the cera is readily availible for purchase.
Glad to see you got it Buddy. Hope your happy.

SMELLYcat,
Reactions: Sonics420
Woohoo! My Cera magically arrived just moments ago. I never received a shipping/tracking notice, but i could care less at this point! (ordered Dec. 4th for any wondering)

Unboxing impression: Extremely well-crafted. Downright sexy. As others have commented, it seems nice and small compared to what i pictured in my mind. Lovely weight, no wonder Noah destroyed plates, it's a beast! A few super tiny scratches on the outside of my switch housing, but otherwise aesthetically flawless and pure eye-gasm! :bowdown:

More to come later....first these batteries must charge...charge baby charge! :D

Do you live in norcal? I ordered Dec 6 for the EO.. Have not received shipping notice but I am in socal.

Highnstein,
Reactions: iamn3ko

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Robbo that sucks. I hope all goes well and you get your stuff back.

Kevin I know nothing about this oil stuff but as reading it, it seems to me if you heat it up right side up and then put it on your WP it might work better....just a guess.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom