Discontinued Thermovape Cera

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Does this help?
2013-02-22_15-18-57_174.jpg

2013-02-22_15-19-14_155.jpg

2013-02-22_15-19-07_742.jpg

2013-02-21_14-31-50_201.jpg

These are just some of today's shipments BTW ;)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. is this a lucky post count?
This tempting!

ataxian,

fogbank

Reading more about the bevel on the bottom of the Cera switch reminds me of one of my chief complaints about the TET products I own: they seem to lose sight of "ergonomic" considerations in their designs. The Cera not being able to stand on its end without being "wobbly" is an example. It's almost impossible to set the upper half of the T1 down without it rolling off the table. To stand it up you have to balance it on the end of the switch, which is about 1/4" wide. The original T1 stands on its end fine, but when they designed the PA they did no recess the connector enough, so it becomes very difficult to stand the T1 on its end when the PA is in place. Add to this the difficulty people have in keeping the Cera (and to some degree the T1) activated without the latching switch. I think that putting more thought into these design issues would make TET products that much closer to "perfect" :)

It's good to see some more positive reviews of the LL cart coming in. I feel like I may be changing my mind about getting a Cera. A few people have even commented that it is an improvement on the T1, which makes it very tempting!

Anyway I have a general battery question. I hope it's o.k. to post it in here - it seems like there are a lot of people participating in this thread with pretty deep knowledge on the subject.

I've read many times that it is not good to charge Li batteries when they are still hot from use. How long should I wait before recharging after use? I know the batteries are completely cool to the touch within an hour or so, but could the core of the battery still be warm? Could there still be enough chemical activity in the battery to cause damage if charged?

I have been waiting overnight before recharging, but is that much of a cool down period really necessary?

Thanks!

2clicker

Observer
I've read many times that it is not good to charge Li batteries when they are still hot from use. How long should I wait before recharging after use? I know the batteries are completely cool to the touch within an hour or so, but could the core of the battery still be warm? Could there still be enough chemical activity in the battery to cause damage if charged?

you def dont want to throw them on the charger while they are hot. when i used to run the shit out of my 17670s pushing the Evo they used to get pretty hot, but really only took about 5 mins to cool. what cell are you running that stays hot for an hour?

2clicker,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations FogBank,

...the difficulty people have in keeping the Cera (and to some degree the T1) activated without the latching switch. I think that putting more thought into these design issues would make TET products that much closer to "perfect"...

I'll share a secret with you, don't tell the others: this level of confusion is starting to make me feel unconfortable. The latching option was removed intentionally by the company itself, as a result of their lawyer's own fears... It's definitely not about thumb fatigue!!

:uhoh:

Well, at least not for me anyway.

To me the Thermovape has got it's upper part done well enough to want one - if you're into e-cigar formats using the KISS MLFB-style principle: a heater, a battery, a momentary switch (not a latching one by the way!). I wish for the mini Cera (which will lessen the required heating time, obviously) to have optional protected switches like so many other similar devices, to the very least. I'm not even thinking of the Iris or else, etc. Just basic under-voltage/over-current safety to acknowledge for the manufacturer's safety recommendations, that's all.

:peace:

Egzoset,
Reactions: Kief

Tweek

Salutations FogBank,

I'll share a secret with you, don't tell the others: this level of confusion is starting to make me feel unconfortable. The latching option was removed intentionally by the company itself, as a result of their lawyer's own fears... It's definitely not about thumb fatigue!!

:uhoh:
Well, at least not for me anyway.

To me the Thermovape has got it's upper part done well enough to want one - if you're into e-cigar formats using the KISS MLFB-style principle: a heater, a battery, a momentary switch (not a latching one by the way!). I wish for the mini Cera (which will lessen the required heating time, obviously) to have optional protected switches like so many other similar devices, to the very least. I'm not even thinking of the Iris, just basic under-voltage/over-current safety to acknowledge for the manufacturer's recommendations, that's all.

What level of confusion? I'm not confused...they decided not to go with the latching or pulse switch. Whether they thought it was a safer decision or some other reason, does not confuse or make me afraid one bit. That is what they are selling now and that is that. I trust that they are selling a safe and dependable product. Do I think this would have made an already awesome product even more filled with awesomeness? Of course. But that is life. It took me a few minutes and some research to rig my unit up...now I can vape without having to hold a button down and I have a rough pulse switch I am toying with.

thegoo

Does anyone know where i can find a loading video for the EO core? I am pretty sure noahs old videos have not been replaced yet and although i have made it through 4 loads akready i am not sure i am doing it the right way. I am currently using wax of a pretty high grade. (Approx. 70% CO2) I am taking a ball between .1 and .25 and heating it for 5 seconds letting it drip into the core and repeating until the majority of the wax has been absorbed. At that point i am giving a good 7-10 second warm up before using the cigar puff method. While this seems to do the trick i feel like some of it is left unused under the plate and it is now requiring a harder pull whereas when i loaded it the first time the vapor bellowed out like a monster.

Keeep in mind that i am not very knowledgable or technical when it comes to the science of these vapes.....i just know that i have been enjoying them especially TET products for a while now and would lve to know more. Anyone who could shed some lght on the subject at all would b greatly appreciated.

thegoo,

nickzzzx

Does anyone know where i can find a loading video for the EO core? I am pretty sure noahs old videos have not been replaced yet and although i have made it through 4 loads akready i am not sure i am doing it the right way. I am currently using wax of a pretty high grade. (Approx. 70% CO2) I am taking a ball between .1 and .25 and heating it for 5 seconds letting it drip into the core and repeating until the majority of the wax has been absorbed. At that point i am giving a good 7-10 second warm up before using the cigar puff method. While this seems to do the trick i feel like some of it is left unused under the plate and it is now requiring a harder pull whereas when i loaded it the first time the vapor bellowed out like a monster.

Keeep in mind that i am not very knowledgable or technical when it comes to the science of these vapes.....i just know that i have been enjoying them especially TET products for a while now and would lve to know more. Anyone who could shed some lght on the subject at all would b greatly appreciated.
Is the vapor production consist or is production decreasing? Are your batteries charged? Do you need to reload the cart?

What's the word on efficiency on the EO? I know it can produce a lot at once but how often are you guys reloading it?

nickzzzx,

Tweek

The ceramic is pretty thirsty and has to be loaded up pretty well. When I first got mine, I filled it with about a half gram of oil and chugged away. I get vapor within seconds of activating and it chokes me.

thegoo

Is the vapor production consist or is production decreasing? Are your batteries charged? Do you need to reload the cart?

What's the word on efficiency on the EO? I know it can produce a lot at once but how often are you guys reloading it?

In the situation i am talking about the vapor is consistent and really dense....the battery is also fully charged and the core has just been loaded but i feel like i have to pull and rather hard at that to to get it going whereas in the first two times i used the core as soon as i turned the unit on the vapor began pouring it. I dont believe its clogged because i have been loading relatively small amounts less then .25 each time and waiting until vapor production slows significantly before reloading. So far i have loaded it 4 times and gotten around 8-10 real dense hits beforr noticing a downturn in production.

thegoo,

NoName

I made a thumb activated momentary switch that can be latched, check it out :

Hi jdee,

Very nice! Looking forward to more info please! I see you've also 'lightened your load' by replacing the bottom switch. I enjoy the reduction in weight as well as the fact that my CERA can 'stand up' more reliably. Happy vaping!

NN

Edit: Similar in principle to the mechanism found in a retractable ball-point pen?

NoName,

jdee

After noticing that the positive end of the core makes contact with whatever passes through the safety pin hole, I just had to try it.
The rod is non conductive, one end is wrapped in something conductive (part of the spring from a pen), pushing the button completes the circuit between the battery and the core. To lock in place tighten the bolt. The outer spring is from my t1.

iamn3ko

Jdee, that's fucking sick!

Couple questions, is the actual button you're pressing, like a plastic screw that screws into the bolt?

And what is the plastic piece between the body and outer spring?

When you press the button, does the bolt holding it together, pop out a little? Like from the body?

Just trying to understand how this one works, seems sweet, this is my favorite so far.

I just don't want to be screwing/unscrewing anything though. But overall it's sick. Covers pretty much all bases, and looks wayy easy to use! Anyone with serious medical hand issues might want to consider something like this.

iamn3ko,

Tweek

Just be sure to make a note of your temps...I was toying with a pulse switch myself, and it caused a surge of heat in the core.

Tweek,
Reactions: leetmode

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
C1-EOV-SS.jpg

Shipping only Essential Oil Orders as we are building more Loose Leaf Cartridges. Some people who have an Essential Oil order will be getting it ahead of some of the remaining Loose Leaf orders, just as a heads up.We are going in order but want to ship as much as we can when possible.

Thanks again for your patience. More will ship early next week. We will have another batch ready to go by Tuesday or Wednesday. Also keep your eyes out on the blog as I will be updating it more often for shipping and parts news as we get it.

Enjoy your weekend!
ThermoVape
(Z)

OF

I ordered CEO & CLL. Do both cartridges have to be ready for TET to ship?

My guess would be yes, that's the normal procedure? Absent an agreement, of course. Otherwise I don't think they can be making decisions about partial shipments for us.

I doubt it'll be more than a few days before whichever is not ready is, if you're at the top of the list but don't want to wait for the rest and are willing to pay the extra shipping, why not contact them and ask them to split your order? Nobody here will know for sure I think.

OF

OF,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Tweek,

...this level of confusion is starting to make me feel uncomfortable. The latching option was removed intentionally by the company itself, as a result of their lawyer's own fears... It's definitely not about thumb fatigue!!

What level of confusion?

Thermovape won't assume responsability for providing the means to use a Cera-LL in latched mode.

So, again:

The latching option was removed intentionally by the company itself, as a result of their lawyer's own fears...

Let me guess, it's my use of the "F" word near the end of this quote which causes you to object, right?...

:shrug:

I can as well use the "R" word then, if you prefer. Just let me know!

I trust that they are selling a safe and dependable product.

I'm not stating otherwise here! Please read, interpret and respond correctly.

Egzoset,

SMELLYcat

My name is SMELLYcat and I like to Party!
Ok Everyone agrees the EO carts are incredible.! Now the other animal. LL cart.

My first attempt at the LL was a success. I played with the LL cart for a while. Just watching the beautiful glow with the cap off. In the dark you can see a nice glow through the ceramic. So i was heat soaking it the whole time. That was why I had success the first time. It was heated up. Nice vapor clouds.

My second was not? too fine ground. At least 5min playing with it holding it on. drawing on it. Checking for vapor. More heat. Even More heat. . Almost non existing vapor clouds. invisible. (got medicated but, only slightly) Pack was browned nicely when done. But , I didn't heat soak Cera so no clouds.

Third very little vape. I did the same thing as the second time. Still learning.

Forth , Fifth, got good vapor again (HEAT SOAKING) but very HOT mouth piece.

It is a lot of work to get it to make vapor. Too finely ground not good.

All the time using the LL cart is spent heating up the Cera. The whole thing HOT not just core. By the time I get the heat I need, the mouth piece is just shy of unusable. (Very Hot). (not trying to look like a crack head with burned lips). I still need to master this thing. The time and effort into getting vape is getting to me. My MFLB has tasty vapor in 3-4 sec. . I am finding that my patience is wearing thin.

Whats happening is after every long attempt at LL vapor. I turn to my newest best friend EO cart and its the finisher.

Now I have a lot to learn about getting this LL cart down. The learning curve getting me down. Any advice would be great.

SMELLYcat

My name is SMELLYcat and I like to Party!
I made a thumb activated momentary switch that can be latched, check it out :science:
thumbrlqy.jpg
Please a break down of the mechanics.!! Sweet I hope all the Macgyver smokers are hard at work. The Original design Latching Switch w/Thumb on/off is the best design by far. Thanks Looks Sweet.

SMELLYcat,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations SMELLYcat,

The whole thing HOT not just core. ...learning curve...

If you don't fear answering a question from me i'd like to know if it looks like the battery could reach an operating temperature of, say, 60 °C (140 °F) or maybe even 100 °C (212 °F) for example, whatever...

Egzoset,

Tweek

Salutations Tweek,

Thermovape won't assume responsability for providing the means to use a Cera-LL in latched mode.

So, again:

Let me guess, it's my use of the "F" word near the end of this quote which causes you to object, right?...

:shrug:

I can as well use the "R" word then, if you prefer. Just let me know!

I'm not stating otherwise here! Please read, interpret and respond correctly.

You-Dont-Say.jpg

Top Bottom