Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

I haven't used it since the first time only because the button was a pain in the ass to hold in and use at the same time. You got any suggestions here or am I destined to contort to use it?

While it 'does grow on you' I think, there has been a LOT of effort put in here. One of the more popular schemes is to use a rubber cap of some sort. Here's my version:

That's the cap as it comes from the hardware store on the right. I cut it down to half height (on left) to make it easier to put on and off. In the middle is a washer (could be cardboard as some use) holding a much smaller cap in the center. Some guys use a cork or just about anything.

It works well, but I found that for EO use it was not needed. Sometimes, for longer LL sessions, I'll use it. I have two latching switches for Cera, one the last remaining (I think) Beta test one and the other one I made. I haven't used them in some time.

I looked at several videos to see the method and it is good what I'm doing. I dt see where come from the problem;
Have you an idea? Is what that is a problem of manufacturing? Anybody else has the same problem?I think i will contact Thermovape.
I also would like to know if all your ceras, when you shake your Cera a little, do you hear the battery which moves because my cera does not seem to have the battery completely propped up without moving inside?? Maybe its the problème??? Thanks

I'm unaware of any videos showing the correct technique (that is what the maker recommends), can you please provide the link to them? TIA

Are you using '3 steps'? If not, that's most likely your problem. Poor technique, not a problem with the unit. You cannot simply load it up, push the button and expect good results. Nor can you just add XX seconds delay blindly and expect that to substitute for the 3 steps process. This is why I stress it (3 steps) so much, and why others report that it was the key to their learning how.

No, the batteries rattle normally. That's not a problem.

By all means contact TV (and send it in) if you wish, but I bet it's fine........

OF

Cerapops

hi, again
I know where is the problem, its the cartridge.
Now, the cartridge dt want to heat & dt get red anymore
I think its a manufacture problem.
I think the cartridge should heat but not enough & now the cartridge is dead.
I will contact Thermovape to know what to do for the guarantee.

Cerapops,

OF

hi, again
I know where is the problem, its the cartridge.

I think the cartridge should heat but not enough & now the cartridge is dead.
I will contact Thermovape to know what to do for the guarantee.

Your call for sure. I'm not sure why you know this, but it's your call. The history of such non technique problems (including 'my core doesn't get as hot as it used to) is that they are most likely problems with the strap, switch or batteries (in that order?). Carts are pretty robust for the last year or so (since the way the heater coils are wound was changed). Last I checked 'with the guys' anyway.

I suggest if you send the cart in you strongly consider sending the body (with the strap) and end cap (with the switch) as well. Any problem is more likely there.

Good luck, IMO it's worth getting going.

OF

OF,

Cerapops

I m sur its the leaf cartridge because now there is no heat, no red,, it dsnt work any more. Before i could see the cartridge a little red but now nothing.
Even if the product is good quality (what I do not dispute) IT can arrive small problems from time to time, as in any industry.
I have sent an email, im waiting your answer.
I shall inform you of the evolution of the situation.
Thanks to all for your help

Cerapops,
Reactions: OF

thegoo

Has anyone had any luck using a HT or some kind of water attachment with the Cera? I was thinking I could use either the pinnacle WT or the D9 Nibbler but I have not been able to find any chatter about it yet in this thread (I vaguely remember this coming up and think someone posted a video of it in use) ........it says on the D9 website that the nibbler will fit all their vaporizer models except for the persei double top and I know they are all 601 threaded devices......where does that leave me with the EO carts from TET??

thegoo,

clouded vision

Has anyone had any luck using a HT or some kind of water attachment with the Cera? I was thinking I could use either the pinnacle WT or the D9 Nibbler but I have not been able to find any chatter about it yet in this thread (I vaguely remember this coming up and think someone posted a video of it in use) ........it says on the D9 website that the nibbler will fit all their vaporizer models except for the persei double top and I know they are all 601 threaded devices......where does that leave me with the EO carts from TET??

The eo cart willl fit right inside an 18mm female joint with no adapters needed or use the top cap with one of the silicone condoms and just a little pressure will make a seal with any 18mm or a 14mm female joint.

D9 stuff is made to fit around the body of the persei so it shouldn't work on TET stuff but to be honest I've never actually tried so I can't say for sure.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I m sur its the leaf cartridge because now there is no heat, no red,, it dsnt work any more. Before i could see the cartridge a little red but now nothing.
Even if the product is good quality (what I do not dispute) IT can arrive small problems from time to time, as in any industry.
I have sent an email, im waiting your answer.
I shall inform you of the evolution of the situation.
Thanks to all for your help

1) You got this directly from TV recently?

2) it sounds like a strap issue now...but who knows without seeing it?

Two thing you can do to rule out the cart being the issue are 1) take off the switch and use a ball of tinfoil in its place. And 2) press fown on the cartirdge with some force while pressing button/heating (with the switch) and see if it glows when you press down. 1) tests the switch 2) tests the strap.

Also try stretching out the spring. Last thing u could do is get a dmm like i mentioned. Test the body, switch, and cart. I posted how to testt and what the spec should be for all three (copied and pasted from an email with zeki) that way you can rule out whats not the problem and maybe they can work something out where they mail you out a new part (unless its the cartridge)

Last edited:
Mynameismud,

btka

I am very impressed with the cera... i have the ll... first i thought it is not working but after doing the 3 steps (and getting to know my cera) it works wonders (thx OF)... really dense clouds... almost like smoking... (i quit smoking one week ago)... I LOVE THE CERA... I love it so much that i want to purchase another one... so i have a question should i wait are their coming new things from tet for Looseleaf... cera...? thx tet for such an wonderful vape....

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I used the pinnacle wt alot with my cera. It mates well with the ceramic top and mp but you have to hold it.

Current w9tech gear will not work with the cera. The nibbler is designed for the omicron cartridges, and the nibbler xl is designed for the hercules. Both are skinnier than a cera core. G jus mentioned a nibbler T thats in the works for a certain vaporizer made in the USA but could not say which. Not that hard to guess though. ;)I believe he said its a week or so away

OF

I am very impressed with the cera... i have the ll... first i thought it is not working but after doing the 3 steps (and getting to know my cera) it works wonders (thx OF)... really dense clouds... almost like smoking... (i quit smoking one week ago)... I LOVE THE CERA... I love it so much that i want to purchase another one... so i have a question should i wait are their coming new things from tet for Looseleaf... cera...? thx tet for such an wonderful vape....

Several things. First off, welcome to the Forum and congrats on the Cera buy! And good show hanging in with 'the program' until the 3 steps brought you to true enlightenment. In very short order they will become automatic and start to blur together some. When things seem to not 'work right', fall back to them. And always 'keep an eye on' the charge status. With time a real 'feel' for it comes.

I get the urge to have a backup. IMO a guy should have a backup of any mission critical gear, vapes included. If not another Cera, something a guy can count on to see him through. I expect no developments to come in the LL cart, but the thread adapters should be coming along fairly soon. This would let you run your Cera LL carts on 'batteries' like say Persei? I've made a few of these to play with, I think the 18350 based Persei has promise being more compact even if harder to use (gets hot fast) and tougher on battery.

By all means enjoy your Cera LL, you bought a champ for sure.

OF

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@OF -- Where would you put the Cera LL in terms of visible cloud production when you know what you are doing with it? I don't want to chase Solo clouds if that is not to be expected. So far I have found it to be a good puffer, but I haven't' gotten to where it is giving me good, big hits yet. Can you help me manage my expectations here?

OF

@OF -- Where would you put the Cera LL in terms of visible cloud production when you know what you are doing with it? I don't want to chase Solo clouds if that is not to be expected. So far I have found it to be a good puffer, but I haven't' gotten to where it is giving me good, big hits yet. Can you help me manage my expectations here?

I'm not a cloud chaser by nature, but I think it's pretty easy to exceed Solo standards if that's the question?

Dry bud, fine grind, firm pack, fresh battery and pushing step 2 as far as you can before diving in can give some pretty astounding results IMO. As a matter of routine, Solo is easier to get solid performance from I think, but when you want to 'get down' I think Cera can really bring it home under the right conditions. It's a matter of getting the load up to temperature with LOTS of heat still stored in the core.

It holds a lot in the bowl, really, and you can get the entire load 'working' at the same time if you handle the heat well. And learning to do that has it's own rewards.........

OF

OF

Thanks bud... I'll slowly keep at it.

Yer welcome, experiment with it when you're in the mood, I think good things will come to you too.

In some respects it's like dealing with people? Some vapes work easily and the relationship seems to develop linearally. Others involve 'breakthrough moments'. Cera, I think, is in the second group. Like other similar TV products (although perhaps less so here?).

"Come on in, the water's fine".

OF

OF,
Reactions: btka

btka

before cera i had an iolite, then solo (both full of plastic). I brought the solo back because it offgases plastic (open it and you will see its very bad manufactured), and the cera gives me bigger clouds then solo.... you have to heat the cera up first, then it s important to take slow long pulls, then after 10 to 20 sec. you will feel vapor on "throat" then you can breave in stronger... do the 3 steps... try play around and you will be satisfied... first off i wasn t very imressed and the cera was only laying around... and then i played a little bit with it and booom it works really great... beyond my expectations....

yes and grind your herb put 0.07 to 0.1 don t press it to much in the cart... and yea before that grind and let the grinded outside so it gets dry (for an hour or so)... don´t give up!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

do the 3 steps... try play around and you will be satisfied... first off i wasn t very imressed and the cera was only laying around... and then i played a little bit with it and booom it works really great... beyond my expectations....

First off, welcome to the Forum. While I don't agree with you about Solo, I think on Cera you nailed it.

Good post, and I think you relate a very common experience. Sadly, I think many don't try the 3 steps seriously enough, to their own loss. They give up too easy.

I think most of us had that 'this can't be right' feeling early on, once you know how it works and get good results on purpose, you're home free I think. Then it becomes a tool. A mighty tool for good.....

Thanks for the post.

OF

btka

First off, welcome to the Forum. While I don't agree with you about Solo, I think on Cera you nailed it.

OF

thanks...

my solo was empty and was releasing "vapour" "smoke" which smelled like plastic... or do you mean you can get bigger clouds with the solo... if so i have to say maybe thats right... because if i am honest after the plastic smell... i didn t experiment a lot with the solo... maybe with a bit of trying... but i am happy with the vapour my cera is able to produce... some realy big clouds...

btka,

OF

thanks...

my solo was empty and was releasing "vapour" "smoke" which smelled like plastic... or do you mean you can get bigger clouds with the solo... if so i have to say maybe thats right... because if i am honest after the plastic smell... i didn t experiment a lot with the solo... maybe with a bit of trying... but i am happy with the vapour my cera is able to produce... some realy big clouds...

You're welcome.

I disagree with "open it and you will see its very bad manufactured". I've opened up a couple, poked around some, rebuilt a couple batteries, made some measurements and think it's very well designed and made. To the highest standards for consumer electronics, really.

And Solo has a huge owner base, way more than TV (perhaps all TV products together?). IMO well earned. Many owners have thousands of sessions on theirs. Many happily buy another unit (many of us have two). It's a personal call, of course, but I don't discount Solo in the least. I can recommend it without hesitation or reservation. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but such is life.

And you now have Cera to console you.

Life is good?

OF

OF,

btka

You're welcome.

I disagree with "open it and you will see its very bad manufactured". I've opened up a couple, poked around some, rebuilt a couple batteries, made some measurements and think it's very well designed and made. To the highest standards for consumer electronics, really.

And Solo has a huge owner base, way more than TV (perhaps all TV products together?). IMO well earned. Many owners have thousands of sessions on theirs. Many happily buy another unit (many of us have two). It's a personal call, of course, but I don't discount Solo in the least. I can recommend it without hesitation or reservation. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but such is life.

And you now have Cera to console you.

Life is good?

OF
as i told before the first vape i bought was the i-olite... after using it a while i realized that a lot of things are made of plastic which is also getting realy hot and is also in the airpath... so thought i learnd something for the next purchase of a vape... then i saw the solo... and yeah from outside it looks very solid... metal (alu) coating... glass stem... but then i realized its tastin like plastic... and unscrewed the top cap... and what i found in it... heating element is surounded by plastic...
images
also every where there are cables with plastic isolation and so on in the airpath... yea maybe there are more people using the solo but thats perhaps because they are putting the money they earn in to marketing... in my opinion it would be better to put the money in the saftey of their product... and a vaporizer is bought because it should be healthier (so i don t want any plastic crap in my airpath... or in a vaporizer... so i checked the internet for a healthy good manufactured vape and found the cera... and i am now happy... and it was not as easy to get it here in austria... (i have learned that the solos the davincis are not build for your saftey and health its build to make money... and they are strong in marketing and that s because a lot of people own one... if i ask here someone if he/she knews the cera... they don t... but solo davinci pax everybody knows them because of good marketing....) thats my opinion and experience...
DSC_0067-7.jpg

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-160

Last edited:

clouded vision

as i told before the first vape i bought was the i-olite... after using it a while i realized that a lot of things are made of plastic which is also getting realy hot and is also in the airpath... so thought i learnd something for the next purchase of a vape... then i saw the solo... and yeah from outside it looks very solid... metal (alu) coating... glass stem... but then i realized its tastin like plastic... and unscrewed the top cap... and what i found in it... heating element is surounded by plastic (arizer once claimed that the manufacturer in china didn t bake this plastic enough and that you can bake it at home in your oven... also every where there are cables with plastic isolation and so on in the airpath... yea maybe there are more people using the solo but thats perhaps because they are putting the money they earn in to marketing... in my opinion it would be better to put the money in the saftey of their product... and a vaporizer is bought because it should be healthier (so i don t want any plastic crap in my airpath... or in a vaporizer... so i checked the internet for a healthy good manufactured vape and found the cera... and i am now happy... and it was not as easy to get it here in austria... (i have learned that the solos the davincis are not build for your saftey and health its build to make money... and they are strong in marketing and that s because a lot of people own one... if i ask here someone if he/she knews the cera... they don t... but solo davinci pax everybody knows them because of good marketing....) thats my opinion and experience...

You really should stop spreading misinformation about the solo. There are absoultely no cables in the airpath. It goes in through the top of the cup between the stem & a teflon ring then down around a stainless steel heating cup & a high temperature resin. There is absolutely nothing wrong with anything in the solo's airpath. Also Arizer never said a manufacturer didn't bake the resin long enough & never recommended baking the solo at home. Arizer did have a few units that had a battery pack which had not been properly shrink wrapped & some users found baking it helped with the problem. Also the rules say you shouldn't attack companies, state your opinion once & move on. We are all aware of how you feel about the solo.

I do however agree with you that the cera is an amazing device, let's focus on that since we are in the cera thread.

OF

as i told before the first vape i bought was the i-olite... after using it a while i realized that a lot of things are made of plastic which is also getting realy hot and is also in the airpath...

... in my opinion it would be better to put the money in the saftey of their product...

thats my opinion and experience...

OK, like I said, I get it you have an opinion, I just don't share it. Due to my background/training I believe there are plastics appropriate to the temperature and application. What evidence do you have to support your claim that either Iolite or Solo are using dangerous materials? The materials they claim to be using are considered by experts to be safe.

IMO it's lucky for you that you're not using your real name when you call them unsafe, lawyers are out of work these days as well.....lacking any credible evidence you've set yourself up for libel charges and would have to insist that nobody really took your claims seriously?

Just like in Cera and other TV products. I see absolutely nothing to fault in either design or manufacturing (they really are two different things you know.....). I use and recommend both with clear conscience.

You should, by all means, spend your money on gear you will be happy with, just don't expect me to buy into your opinion without something to back it up with some substance. I see absolutely no evidence of "you will see its very bad manufactured". In fact, quite the opposite. I see a well engineered product, with very high standards of workmanship and quality of parts.

You know what they say about opinions, we each have ours, the difference I think is I can back mine up?

OF

btka

OK, like I said, I get it you have an opinion, I just don't share it. Due to my background/training I believe there are plastics appropriate to the temperature and application. What evidence do you have to support your claim that either Iolite or Solo are using dangerous materials? The materials they claim to be using are considered by experts to be safe.

IMO it's lucky for you that you're not using your real name when you call them unsafe, lawyers are out of work these days as well.....lacking any credible evidence you've set yourself up for libel charges and would have to insist that nobody really took your claims seriously?

Just like in Cera and other TV products. I see absolutely nothing to fault in either design or manufacturing (they really are two different things you know.....). I use and recommend both with clear conscience.

You should, by all means, spend your money on gear you will be happy with, just don't expect me to buy into your opinion without something to back it up with some substance. I see absolutely no evidence of "you will see its very bad manufactured". In fact, quite the opposite. I see a well engineered product, with very high standards of workmanship and quality of parts.

You know what they say about opinions, we each have ours, the difference I think is I can back mine up?

OF
sorry if i am wrong correct me the plastics used are stated as food grade.... or am i false... in my opinion there is a big difference if you eat something or if you inhale something... i don t belive that these used plastics are tasted and guranteed to be save if inhaled (specially long term wise)... and as i stated before my solo cleaned and empty was releasing vapour/smoke which smelled like plastic i don t want to inhale any plastic... try it yourself... maybe my solo was defective...

and sorry if you believe if you sucking air in the solo it only flows from the cap directly trough the glasstem and so on... you can be sure you also sucking hot air of the cables the palstic arround the heating chamber and so on... but enough about the solo... it is my opinion...

Last edited:
btka,
Reactions: OF

OF

in my opinion there is a big difference if you eat something or if you inhale something... i don t belive that these used plastics are tasted and guranteed to be save if inhaled (specially long term wise)...

... try it yourself... maybe my solo was defective...

and sorry if you believe if you sucking air in the solo it only flows from the cap directly trough the glasstem and so on... you can be sure you also sucking hot air of the cables the palstic arround the heating chamber and so on...

I agree, 'food safe' is not very useful here. You've not licking it. What is important is the high temperature stability of the materials used. The ones (claimed) used are held to be safe to use at the temperatures involved. That's no doubt why they were selected. Careful testing reveals no degradation of them.....which is why other makers pay the premium prices and use them rather than other (lower temperature) options.

Yes, thank you, I have tried it (several times, as I think others have?). I found no evidence of 'nasty vapors' even after several thousand sessions. There are appropriate plastics for safe use at 400F, that is fact I believe. Not all, but some.

As far as the WARM temperatures the wiring 'sees', how did you decide it was unsafe? Did you know, for instance, that the minimum ratings of most any wire you can buy (let alone the high temp stuff they use) is 70C and there's a cutout in the battery pack (hottest spot low down) at 60C? Ever have your Solo overheat and shut down? Neither have I. It doesn't get that hot. IMO it just doesn't get warm enough down there to be a concern. But that's my opinion, the readers are encouraged to make up their own minds.....informed decisions are the best I think.

Edit: For the curious here's the inside of the battery pack, the white thing on the left side is the thermal cutout switch:

Thanks.

OF

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
yea maybe there are more people using the solo but thats perhaps because they are putting the money they earn in to marketing... in my opinion it would be better to put the money in the saftey of their product...

I think @OF has summed up things nicely but I just wanted to comment on this particular misconception of Arizer. I honestly doubt that Arizer has put a single nickel into marketing. They didn't even add the Solo to their own website for months after it was released. I have never ever seen an ad for any Arizer product that wasn't placed by some vendor. Arizer themselves have always behaved as if the Solo was a big secret.

btka

ok i don t want to talk any longer about the solo...
of you say the plastic parts are made for hot temperatures... as i know yes especially used in cars... but thats does not say anything about if it is save if inhaled in your lung directly (or can you show me long term studies for vaporizers for this issue, which also aren t payed by the owners...)... if they would been stated as "vape grade" it would be mayby a different story...

and pakalolo with good marketing i meant that they pay people blogs and so on (people who seem to give their private opinion) and so on to only say good things about theiit products... its a guess i don t know it, i cant proove it, but if i m only in for profit i would do that too if i want to sell my goods...

Last edited:
btka,
Top Bottom