Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Chill Dude

I hope you didn't get too much of the lame wax, thankfully the bad concentrates I've tried have all been one gram mistakes.

No, fortunately just a .5 gram mistake. I've actually been getting quality concentrates as of late with the exception of this one. Thanks again for the cleaning advice OF.....

Chill Dude,
Reactions: OF

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
So i noticed decreased vapor production while using the cera even with fresh batteries. I just loaded it so I figured maybe i over did it? I ruled out a body issue with the LL cart. Anyway I just cleaned it out, the Ceramic on My EO is back to white, but when I went to do a 20/20/20 burn i could hear a sizzle but could not see any glow whatsoever. Even with the lights turrned out. Is that normal after a while of using?

I'm curious for an answer to this as well! I just received my repaired EO care from TET and when I fired it up for the first time after getting it all squared away, I saw no glow whatsoever. I tried in a dark room, etc...but no glow. It definitely heats up just fine, but no glow :shrug: and IIRC from reading here, both the LL and EO carts should glow, obviously the EO less than the LL?

Anyhow, I loaded it up and it seems to work fine...just wondering why I couldn't see any glow at all in a completely pitch black room when it was freshly rebuilt...

Purpl3_Haz3,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I feel like the carts "degrade" over time. Which sucks, but when you compare it to other vape offerings you get carts that completely fail and need to be replaced. These maybe just need to be rebuilt? My LL cart has been going for a while now and I can say that after coming back from repair, WHATEVER they did, it now glows and lights up the white bowl. I had been using it in a dimmed state for so long I didn't really even notice the performance drop until suddenly I realized the cera wasn't getting me very medicated at all.

I'd love for them to chime in on why this happens and what it is they do in repair to crank the heat back up.

For what its worth this vape is still my favorite portable bud vape, and its currently my only oil vape (the firewood has an oil attachment I have, but why bother trying it when I have an oil cart?). I just think its finicky. It will break down and need maintence. If the company wasn't awesome I'd say avoid it, but the thing is they fix it for a modest price. In my case there was no charge either any of the times its been out for repair. Honestly just keep a backup vape as worst case, but then enjoy this as it is when it functions well. I know we all want it to work forever but that isn't happening, and thats ok. I think of it as a sports car. The cera is like a heavily modified track race car. Sure things will break and need replacing, but think of something like the MFLB as a toyota corolla. It'll run forever and never break, but it can't live up to the race cars performance. You can't have the best of both worlds yet it seems. All I know is I love using my cera very much, but I wouldn't want to have it be my only vape. Its always good to have a backup.

darkrom,
Reactions: Tom Funk

OF

Anyhow, I loaded it up and it seems to work fine...just wondering why I couldn't see any glow at all in a completely pitch black room when it was freshly rebuilt...

That's actually normal, being able to see the heater glow is not a guaranteed feature, even in brand new EO cores. And those you can see rapidly 'disappear' in use. Same as Revolution/DART. When Beta testing cores I typically would not see any glow from rebuilds. If it's heating normally, I wouldn't worry about it.

OF

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
my cera was not producing the way it use too after about 50-60gs of oil. I removed the orings and cart from the base and torched it (titanium cart) then poured iso down the throat of the cart, and repeated this until the alcohol ran clean. it took about 3 cycles like this to get it clean. my ceramic plates were white again! and the vape production was amazing! it was soo good that I thought it was working better than when I got it new.... I'm not saying this is the (OF) approved method, but my cera is kicking ass and taking names again!

nickzzzx

my cera was not producing the way it use too after about 50-60gs of oil. I removed the orings and cart from the base and torched it (titanium cart) then poured iso down the throat of the cart, and repeated this until the alcohol ran clean. it took about 3 cycles like this to get it clean. my ceramic plates were white again! and the vape production was amazing! it was soo good that I thought it was working better than when I got it new.... I'm not saying this is the (OF) approved method, but my cera is kicking ass and taking names again!
Are there any downsides to torching a SS cart?

nickzzzx,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
no clue? if you do try it, take it easy with the torch. use a small one and dont torch it until it glows or even close. just hot enough to get the oil flowing and alcohol to flow through the cart. all of the alcohol will come out of the bottom, so watch your fingers

Soflo,

OF

Are there any downsides to torching a SS cart?

Yes. That's what the Ti cart is for. It should not be needed given normal maintenance.

Doing so carefully a time or two is probably OK, but if you intend to do it get the Ti one. Or so I was told by Noah when I asked. Torching to clean is not part of the official procedure.

OF

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I feel like the carts "degrade" over time. Which sucks, but when you compare it to other vape offerings you get carts that completely fail and need to be replaced. These maybe just need to be rebuilt? My LL cart has been going for a while now and I can say that after coming back from repair, WHATEVER they did, it now glows and lights up the white bowl. I had been using it in a dimmed state for so long I didn't really even notice the performance drop until suddenly I realized the cera wasn't getting me very medicated at all.
For what it's worth, I haven't experienced degraded cart performance and I usually use it daily. The only times I've had to send it in have been due to strap problems, and my latest (2nd) repair is holding up longer than it ever has before.

I agree that TET's CS really softens the blow when it comes to dealing with repairs. With most other companies it would really be a nightmare.

Last edited:

OF

For what it's worth, I haven't experienced degraded cart performance and I usually use it daily. The only times I've had to send it in have been due to strap problems, and my latest (2nd) repair is holding up longer than it ever has before.

I think this is the normal experience. Different from the fellow above who ran 50 or 60 grams through his. That's a lot of money where I get mine......

OTOH, in the Beta testing I sure messed up a couple with very little trouble. I was trying the cheapest junk I could get (including stuffing bubble in it....not recommended). Concentrates can play a huge role I think. When using solvent based extracts (like we are here), solvent should take them out again provided you keep after it. But, like the kitchen over, bake that junk in for too long and you've got a chore ahead......or a trip to the shop.

OF

OF,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I think this is the normal experience. Different from the fellow above who ran 50 or 60 grams through his. That's a lot of money where I get mine......

OTOH, in the Beta testing I sure messed up a couple with very little trouble. I was trying the cheapest junk I could get (including stuffing bubble in it....not recommended). Concentrates can play a huge role I think. When using solvent based extracts (like we are here), solvent should take them out again provided you keep after it. But, like the kitchen over, bake that junk in for too long and you've got a chore ahead......or a trip to the shop.

OF
Sorry, I forgot to add a quote to my post clarifying that I was replying to DR and not Soflo. I edited that in now. Still only LL here (though I should have an EL cart soon!)

I got worried for a bit when you mentioned bubble, wondering what had changed, until I realized where the misunderstanding came in...

Last edited:

OF

Sorry, I forgot to add a quote to my post clarifying that I was replying to DR and not Solo. I edited that in now. Still only LL here (though I should have an EL cart soon!)

I got worried for a bit when you mentioned bubble, wondering what had changed, until I realized where the misunderstanding came in...

Yup, sad to say I was a living test case for 'put the bubble in the LL cart, not the EO one'. Funny how Noah thought that was obvious. When I pointed out that the old rules said 'bubble in Revolution, but not T1' he looked at me like I should have known better anyway. Hopefully this way the rest of you don't have to make a huge mess of your EO carts, too.

Hey, it worked OK for a while......

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm curious for an answer to this as well! I just received my repaired EO care from TET and when I fired it up for the first time after getting it all squared away, I saw no glow whatsoever. I tried in a dark room, etc...but no glow. It definitely heats up just fine, but no glow :shrug: and IIRC from reading here, both the LL and EO carts should glow, obviously the EO less than the LL?

Yeah I think I got worried for no reason. I loaded it up with some wax and blast off! I think i may just have over done it the last time,a nd it was shatter so that probably didnt help...

Also the glow came back(faintly)!!! I did a couple 20/20/20s originally yesterday and there was no glow any ofdthe tims but it did get hot. I recharged the battery and let it dry out over night. Did another 20/20/20 burn and i heard something sizzle after the 20 seconds were up and thenwdhen i fired it back up after that i could faintly see a glow. If you look down at the gap you still see no glow, but if you hold it on an angle and look at the wall under the metal circle that holds the wafer in there is a faint glow. Maybe i had some build u as well...

Mynameismud,
Reactions: OF

420time

Yeah I think I got worried for no reason. I loaded it up with some wax and blast off! I think i may just have over done it the last time,a nd it was shatter so that probably didnt help...

Also the glow came back(faintly)!!! I did a couple 20/20/20s originally yesterday and there was no glow any ofdthe tims but it did get hot. I recharged the battery and let it dry out over night. Did another 20/20/20 burn and i heard something sizzle after the 20 seconds were up and thenwdhen i fired it back up after that i could faintly see a glow. If you look down at the gap you still see no glow, but if you hold it on an angle and look at the wall under the metal circle that holds the wafer in there is a faint glow. Maybe i had some build u as well...
you said u instead of up lol.

Ken-oh

My LL core for daily use just died last night. :cry:

I haven't been on this site in months (sorry!) and decided yesterday to check this thread because my o-rings were degrading slightly faster than I expected. (Probably completely my fault.) After checking the most recent pages, I didn't notice any mention of the o-rings, but I did see a few people mentioning cores starting to fail and reduction of glow at peak temperature. I had noticed my core not glowing quite as bright the past day and a half (I usually start heating it with the cap half-on) but it had been producing vapor fine and I suspected my batteries were finally degrading and put it out of my mind. I figured the o-ring problem was my fault for fiddling with the cap while it's at temp too often and closed my browser. I then decided to watch my empty core's coil heat up just for the hell of it, having used it less than 5 minutes prior. After about 10 seconds I started to worry. No glow, no heat. I tried 4 different batteries with full charge, unscrewed and re-screwed the core into the body, checked for switch interference... no results.

The coincidence stings but I'm not too upset, since the repair/replacement will be free. However, seeing multiple reports of cores of different types fail around the same time has got me a bit worried. I'm going to have to disagree with the corolla/sports car analogy; personally, I was sold on the Cera being reliable and durable above all else. I thought my batteries would need to be replaced at least once before the core. If it turns out cores will routinely fail after 6 months of my style of use, I may have to look into another solution for my LL vaporizing needs, as much as I hate to cut my losses here.

Hempster42Zero

My LL core for daily use just died last night. :cry:

I haven't been on this site in months (sorry!) and decided yesterday to check this thread because my o-rings were degrading slightly faster than I expected. (Probably completely my fault.) After checking the most recent pages, I didn't notice any mention of the o-rings, but I did see a few people mentioning cores starting to fail and reduction of glow at peak temperature. I had noticed my core not glowing quite as bright the past day and a half (I usually start heating it with the cap half-on) but it had been producing vapor fine and I suspected my batteries were finally degrading and put it out of my mind. I figured the o-ring problem was my fault for fiddling with the cap while it's at temp too often and closed my browser. I then decided to watch my empty core's coil heat up just for the hell of it, having used it less than 5 minutes prior. After about 10 seconds I started to worry. No glow, no heat. I tried 4 different batteries with full charge, unscrewed and re-screwed the core into the body, checked for switch interference... no results.

The coincidence stings but I'm not too upset, since the repair/replacement will be free. However, seeing multiple reports of cores of different types fail around the same time has got me a bit worried. I'm going to have to disagree with the corolla/sports car analogy; personally, I was sold on the Cera being reliable and durable above all else. I thought my batteries would need to be replaced at least once before the core. If it turns out cores will routinely fail after 6 months of my style of use, I may have to look into another solution for my LL vaporizing needs, as much as I hate to cut my losses here.

Yeah I hope my EO will last, I get my Cera next month. I use the Davinci for LL.
There's a new device coming out the 23rd of Oct that looks promising: VHIT Boom.
I want to check this one out.

Hempster42Zero,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I cleaned my cera finally , torched her clean and she working wonderfully.
Next is getting the core rebuilt, mine has no glow anymore after cleaning but still produces wonderfully.

BLAZING OG,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Not seeing the glow on used cores is pretty normal. If it "still produces wonderfully" I'm not sure what practical improvement is expected?

Your call, of course, but it sure don't sound broke to me from here.......

OF
Good to know that's normal.
Just statin that with out the glow it still works great.
The rebuild is so I can start fresh and once I load oils in it, juts as quickly iam going to clean it to keep her performing in tip top shape.
My core now i let it get so nasty that boiling or iso didnt do anything , but torching did.

OF

I can't wait to be able to get a CERA EO!

OK, I think you've waited long enough.....we've all got ours already......go ahead.....

Is the "EO" for oils?
Can you use FULL MELT with it?

Yes you can, but depending on the residue you'll end up cleaning more often. No big deal, boiling in water and ISO soaks do fine if you keep ahead of it. Let it get too ugly inside and it gets ugly inside. Easy enough to get fixed of course (free to one year IIRC, $15 after that?), but you'll be without it for a couple of weeks.

Some of the full melts I used in Beta testing were close enough to bubble if you asked me. Not really a big deal, you just loaded less and carefully scooped it out again before loading more. Supermelts do better, but full melt does work. While full on bubble works better in the LL core, I wouldn't put anything that could melt down into the heat core when you power down nose up.

OF

thegoo

Hello FC Community. It has been a while since my last post and I thought I would check in. I was an early adopter of the Cera and received my CEO in early February. I have never had to send my unit in for any reason and other then getting a better grasp on filling methods it has worked like a champion. I have owned most of the first generation products put out by TET and love them. Last week I finally decided to order an LL cart because my Pax is just consuming way too much product. I received my LL cart a few days ago and have spent the last few weeks reading up on techniques for optimal use. Since receiving the cart, I have gone through about 5 loads and have been able to produce wispy very minimal vapor on each bowl. I was wondering if it is possible that my body/strap has an issue that needs to be addressed by TET. I understand that there is a pretty steep learning curve with the LL but I have been able to use my T1/evolution with no problem and produce huge clouds. When I apply the same methods to the CLL i get the best taste of any vape I have ever had but virtually no vapor. I am also getting very medicated. I have spoken to the guys at TET and they tell me that I should never have the power button on for more then 45 seconds which includes a 30 second initial warm up and 15 second initial draw, after that I was told the ceramic would retain enough heat that I could ease on power. This method really did not work for me in terms of cloud production so I decided to go the other route and leave the power full on for 2-3 minutes while doing some test puffs along the way. This method did allow a few wisps of vapor. Basically what I am trying to figure out is whether my methods and use are causing this lack of vapor production or whether my body has not really been in spec the entire time I have owned it and am just realizing now that I have an LL cart and leave the power on for more then 20-30 seconds like I do with the CEO. Thanks for listening and thank you in advance for any input.
-the goo

Czechyourhead

If you have a multimeter you can check the strap (easiest way to check without sending in). I normally preheat at least a minute before checking for vapor. (I always use with a water piece)

Czechyourhead,
Top Bottom