Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Tweek

i mean i would like to buy a new EO cera but what really sucks is you have to purchase the battery and charger as an additional fee.

It's been like that since it came out. Old news bro. You can always shop around for a cheaper charger/battery package.

TheRobbo

Doesn't matter how long they have been used for this is a vape for life, and if by chance the heater coil (really the only bit that has a limited life time) needs rebuilding it will only cost I think $15
Like I say I love mine, of course only subjective but I would r recommend the Cera to anyone. Come on sounds like a great xmas present for your self to me start saving now... I am doing the same for a beer keg system for my home brew, but could get three ceras with the price I'm looking at :cheers:

OF

It's been like that since it came out. Old news bro. You can always shop around for a cheaper charger/battery package.

Exactly so. This was something we asked for. Many balked at the cost (still do....) and objected to having to buy another charger and batteries they may already have.

It's unfortunate but being all things to all people never has worked out well.

OF

420time

mind giving ideas of what to purchase and where to purchase for a good price for batteries+charger?

420time,

Tweek

My honest advice, is to buy used if you are on a budget and really want one. There are plenty of perfectly good units, oftentimes being sold simply because a member needs to raise some spare cash.

There are also examples of adapters and whatnot that folks have shared throughout the thread. Give it a search, read up on some of the info and then take it from there.

You may be able to find a set up that saves you money. As to batteries, all the info is in the thread as well.

420time

im just going to buy a new one from the site, what do they ship by? about the batteries im so confused, there are so many different kinds. i just would like to find out which battery performs great/not that expensive/ and heats it up quick i guess. with all the different kinds of batteries people use on the cera it makes me think of all the interchangable e cig batteries and stuff.

also will there be a new version of the cera coming out soon? i dont want to purchase an old one from the site.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
420time,

Tom Funk

@420time, if you want to vape traditional hash or bubble hash, the loose leaf cart is the one you want. Panasonic cgr18650ch batteries are one of the two batteries most recomended for the Cera, and out of those two, the ones that heat it up the fastest.

The new version of the Cera you refer to is just a lighter and maybe smaller handle. It is almost certain to have a better switch placement. In my opinion the current switch is ok if you stick a clear rubber bumper to it and use your little finger to hold it on. The new handle might be a while coming out considering that the e-Liquid cart took a good few months to revise.

TF

OF

@420time, if you want to vape traditional hash or bubble hash, the loose leaf cart is the one you want. Panasonic cgr18650ch batteries are one of the two batteries most recomended for the Cera, and out of those two, the ones that heat it up the fastest.

The new version of the Cera you refer to is just a lighter and maybe smaller handle. It is almost certain to have a better switch placement. In my opinion the current switch is ok if you stick a clear rubber bumper to it and use your little finger to hold it on. The new handle might be a while coming out considering that the e-Liquid cart took a good few months to revise.

I think TF is once again spot on with advice, I suggest listening......

It's very hard to go wrong with the batteries and chargers supplied by TV for the job, they did a lot of careful evaluation and testing to get there (they gave me 5 different batteries to Beta test, only one of which 'made the cut'). Go with confidence using the CGR18650CH or it's successor the NCR18650PD. Chargers are less critical, the 'factory supplied' Tenergy 01269-01, WF188 used on former TV products or the Xtar being good calls IMO. Look for quality units that can supply more than half an Amp.

Also, since the new model is not designed completely, let alone been tested at all as far as we know, it's going to be a while before you can buy one (we still have Beta Testing and design modifications to get past before they can think about making a pilot run even). I'm not sure I'd wait that one out, the current Cera really is an excellent unit.

OF

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
besides, you can’t sit on the side lines waiting in life. Things always change. The merry go-round continues :)

The downside of getting a new freshly released base is less air time and more risk of an issue. Not that TET has poor quality, just the typical risk of new products. The current Cera base is tried, proven and its pros/cons are well known. I wouldn't hesitate to jump on it myself if I could afford it and didn’t have a couple already :) and I am typically an early adopter too

OF

Almost certainly not, at least not well. They're sure to have been investigated and tested if reasonable. The recommendations guys give are based on solid experience, I'd stick with them?

The AW brand IMRs are also contenders, but the capacity (battery life) will be lower. Stick with the AW brand here, 1600 mAh ones are a bit better performance wise over the 2000s.

Hint: I don't think anyone has reported getting suitable batteries in a 'brick and mortar store'......this is an extremely demanding usage. Anyone know of an exception? I'd suggest you plan on ordering them.

OF

420time

i understand i just thought i could have something in hand by when i get the cera, like just go to a store, buy it and few hours later i can use it. besides that the cera ll how much does it load? and how many hits would a bowl last? if i buy the cera alone will i just receive it in a big plastic tube inside a box? or will it be the same kind of container it came on the first launch?

Last edited:
420time,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Almost certainly not, at least not well. They're sure to have been investigated and tested if reasonable. The recommendations guys give are based on solid experience, I'd stick with them?

The AW brand IMRs are also contenders, but the capacity (battery life) will be lower. Stick with the AW brand here, 1600 mAh ones are a bit better performance wise over the 2000s.

Hint: I don't think anyone has reported getting suitable batteries in a 'brick and mortar store'......this is an extremely demanding usage. Anyone know of an exception? I'd suggest you plan on ordering them.

OF
Hmm, I just tried some AW IMR 2000 mah batteries with the cera, and it works great. A little better with the EO than LL but still useable and comparable to the CGR, NCRs performance wise. Havent tested how long they last though.

Havent tried the 1600 mah though, but i am intrigued.

i understand i just thought i could have something in hand by when i get the cera, like just go to a store, buy it and few hours later i can use it. besides that the cera ll how much does it load? and how many hits would a bowl last? if i buy the cera alone will i just receive it in a big plastic tube inside a box? or will it be the same kind of container it came on the first launch?

Havent measured it but i would say I put about .2-.3 in the cera LL at a time. And can get a good 15-20 hits out of that. Possibly more, its just usally too hot at that point (even with silicone tubing around the mouthpiece) so i usually just stop there.

Not sure if they changed packaging, but i believe it comes in a plastic container still. They same one it originally shipped in as well as what the T1 used to ship in...

420time

now i cant wait till i get to purchase it, have half ounce of bho blue dream soon, with 100g of moroccan hash to turn to bho. im so excited! and maybe 5-10g of moroccan hash into iso.

420time,

OF

Hmm, I just tried some AW IMR 2000 mah batteries with the cera, and it works great. A little better with the EO than LL but still useable and comparable to the CGR, NCRs performance wise. Havent tested how long they last though.

Havent tried the 1600 mah though, but i am intrigued.

Yup. The internal resistance of the AW IMRs is right on down there with the top picks. They have sorter lifespans (less cycles) and lower capacity (less sessions per charge) but are IMO are on par performance wise. There's a slight power advantage to the 1600s. Something like .05 Volts IIRC.

OF

Krazzykid

now i cant wait till i get to purchase it, have half ounce of bho blue dream soon, with 100g of moroccan hash to turn to bho. im so excited! and maybe 5-10g of moroccan hash into iso.
If you are using BHO (butane hash oil) or iso then the LL cart is not the one you want. You will instead want the EO cart. The EO cart is for any type of hash that turns into a liquid when heat is applied.

The LL cart is for buds,keef(kief), or any solid hash that doesn't turn into a liquid(such as that Moroccan before you bho or iso it).

You will not be disappointed with the EO cart though, it really is pretty awesome!

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
so i can just place the moroccan hash into the LL without any bedding of flowers?
Yes, it should work great. You should crumble it up so there's lots of surface area for the hot air to contact. The act of drawing on it should sufficiently prevent clogging of the holes, just don't load it full. A small amount across the bottom should be fine for many hits.

Here's a selection from Vaporpedia, written by OF regarding his experience using bubble hash (water extracted hash with a high amount of plant material, like Moroccan hash):
Vaporpedia said:
Water separated concentrate typically called 'bubble hash', a sand like granular solid, can be very effectively used in the Loose Leaf cartridge. Simply load it loosely in the bowl (don't pack) and not quite to the top so it has room to expand, put the cap on, and start the heater. It vapes very similar to botanicals only at a slightly higher temperature, and of course it does so for a longer time before becoming exhausted. Some strains clump together and seem to take more heat while some remain loose and separate. You can mix them with botanicals of course, or line the bowl with botanicals first, but it isn't necessary. If you have this material available then by all means try it, it's quite a treat.

If you haven't read the Cera article on Vaporpedia, I highly recommend it. You can find it here.

Last edited:

Chill Dude

I have a question regarding cleaning the EO Core. So I loaded a half gram of some bad wax in my Cera It tastes terrible and is sizzling quite a bit. I just want to start over and thoroughly clean the core. How do you think I should go about that with a fully loaded core? Do I need to hold the button down for like 10 minutes to burn off most of the oil before ISO soak and boiling, or can you boil and ISO a fully loaded cart? I want yo make sure I get it as clean as possible. Thanks.

From now on I'm only going to use high grade product....

I've only had Cera for a couple weeks, but I love this vape. In fact, I've shelved all of my other vapes. Easy to use, great taste and very effective at getting you medicated. Thermovape Rocks!!!

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I have a question regarding cleaning the EO Core. So I loaded a half gram of some bad wax in my Cera It tastes terrible and is sizzling quite a bit. I just want to start over and thoroughly clean the core. How do you think I should go about that with a fully loaded core? Do I need to hold the button down for like 10 minutes to burn off most of the oil before ISO soak and boiling, or can you boil and ISO a fully loaded cart? I want yo make sure I get it as clean as possible. Thanks.

From now on I'm only going to use high grade product....

I've only had Cera for a couple weeks, but I love this vape. In fact, I've shelved all of my other vapes. Easy to use, great taste and very effective at getting you medicated. Thermovape Rocks!!!
I can't see any trouble coming from cleaning it as is. OF usually recommends boiling first and ISO after, but maybe go for the reverse in this case given the amount of oil inside? That's the way to go if you're trying to reclaim anyways, but you shouldn't have trouble either way.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

OF

I can't see any trouble coming from cleaning it as is. OF usually recommends boiling first and ISO after, but maybe go for the reverse in this case given the amount of oil inside? That's the way to go if you're trying to reclaim anyways, but you shouldn't have trouble either way.

I agree, clean it out, don't try to burn it out.

The logic behind 'boil first' is it clears the most fastest. The water doesn't dissolve the junk, it just floats it away. Unlike ISO where it dissolves. Since there's no salvage in the plans here, I'd start by boiling it for a while.

FWIW, I fouled a few cores pretty badly and they cleaned up to 'taste free' easily.

I hope you didn't get too much of the lame wax, thankfully the bad concentrates I've tried have all been one gram mistakes.

Regards.

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So i noticed decreased vapor production while using the cera even with fresh batteries. I just loaded it so I figured maybe i over did it? I ruled out a body issue with the LL cart. Anyway I just cleaned it out, the Ceramic on My EO is back to white, but when I went to do a 20/20/20 burn i could hear a sizzle but could not see any glow whatsoever. Even with the lights turrned out. Is that normal after a while of using?

before using the EO cart the first time do you have to clean it or something?
No

Top Bottom