Discontinued Thermovape Cera

TheRobbo

I like to turn it on empty, always enjoy watching the coil heat up and confirms that she is working on all cylinders. But as soon as see a bit of glow (usually within 5 seconds or so) I start tapping in my bud, pop the top on and walk outside by then she has been warming for about 30 seconds or so and I can start on step 2, or I can leave it another 30 till I start to feel a little heat at the set screws and can jump straight into step 3. There is no danger of burnt fingers loading this way as the thermal insulation of the core keeps all that heat were it is supposed to be that early on, be a different situation if I left it for a minute before I touched it though...

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Oh yeah, I actually do turn on the power while the cart is empty sometimes but in my case I do it to check on the level of my batteries. Once you're familiar with your Cera and your batteries, you can count the seconds it takes for the first hint of a glow to appear and use that as a gauge for battery strength. After that I let off the power before loading simply because I don't use a latching mod and so it's much easier to use two hands to load, but if you're dextrous you can indeed load right afterward without risk of finger burning, so as to not waste the few seconds of on time you've invested if you like.

Last edited:

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
I use the rubber furniture end cap with the Sticky self adhesive in the center of the end cap which I picked up both at home depot for $5

At first I didn't see it necessary because well that was at first and I liked getting the feel of my new Cera

After a week or so of vaping for me, I felt
Certain Times I just want a quick satisfying hit before I ran out the door or got back to whatever I was doing. .

So this is what led me to using this method for quick deeply satisfying flavorful hits

Step 1
Find a container with no grooves on the inside. preferably a container from your dispensary or anything of that nature.

Step 2
After grinding up your material use a method to put material into the container

Step 3
I use the end cap to do the leg work for the 20 seconds or so
So if you don't have one yet just hold down the button for around 25 seconds
(I also find its easier to take the mp and top cap off if the core is preheated, I've ripped two o-rings off the core taking off the mp top cap assembly while the core was cold)

Step 4
Take off top cap & mp assembly, Tap in the herb from the container you've chosen in step 1 then put on your top cap & mp assembly

Tapping in herb from a container is better than pinching with your fingers because the bud is allowed to "breathe" meaning air will flow through it better because it's not clumped together by a pinch

Step 5
Give a light draw. You'll be surprised by the amount of flavor & vapor
I inhale for around EDIT: 7 to 10 10-20 Seconds and get 4 amazing hits full of flavor and vapor
I misjudged the amount of draw time. Sorry

I keep the end cap on for 2 bowls
One bowl lasts around 2-4 minutes
If I go for a 3rd ill take the cap off and use the switch because the core is definitely hot enough to make for a quick vaping session

Last edited:

Chill Dude

okay, so I went to Home Depot and picked up a 1" furniture cap and a little metal nut to put inside and activate the switch. It works really well. It fits snugly and easily activates the switch. I feel this is the easiest most practical way to use the Cera LL cart. There's also an added bonus.... With the cap on, I can now safely stand my Cera Upright on a table between hits. Works great!!!

Herbalist23

okay, so I went to Home Depot and picked up a 1" furniture cap and a little metal nut to put inside and activate the switch. It works really well. It fits snugly and easily activates the switch. I feel this is the easiest most practical way to use the Cera LL cart. There's also an added bonus.... With the cap on, I can now safely stand my Cera Upright on a table between hits. Works great!!!

Nice to hear it works well for you too:clap:, the only thing I would change is the metal nut, because it may scratch the button(just my :2c:).

Maybe you can get one of this "Sticky self adhesive" (door stoppers) like VapoRoor mentioned, its also what
I used instead of an nut:tup:

Vape on:rockon:

Herbalist23

OF

This is what I did for my latest version of the 'cap mod'. I used a one inch tube cap and took a smaller one (5/16?), cut it in half and hot melt glued it into a washer (to keep it centered). I then cut the big cap back some to make it easier to get on and off. Works great:

OF

Chill Dude

OF, I found a metal piece that looks exactly like your mod. In other words, it's a flat metal piece with a raised metal piece in the center. It fits snugly inside the cap. However, mine is probably inferior because I have a metal piece pressing against the switch which could scratch the switch over time. I think I'll put some electrical tape over the raised metal piece to avoid scratching up the switch.

Good idea on cutting the cap shorter. Those caps are a little too long and creep all the way up to the Cera body. It would defiantly make it easier to put on and take off...

MadHasher

Getting acquainted with my new favorite piece of gear
LwtVAeL.jpg

I loved my revolution, but this is just something else. :ko:

Chill Dude

So, I just finished my first gram of oil with Cera EO. So far I love this vape! I have a question regarding efficiency. It seems to me that my first gram didn't last as long as I expected. Is that typical for the first gram? Is it because at first the oil has to fully saturate the ceramic pad, therefore, efficiency seems low initially? Will efficiency improve with continued use? Any experienced concentrate users want to chime in on Cera's efficiency as compared to other oil vapes? Thanks.

Last edited:

GR

So, I just finished my first gram of oil with Cera EO. So far I love this vape! I have a question regarding efficiency. It seems to me that my first gram didn't last as long as I expected. Is that typical for the first gram? Is it because at first the oil has to fully saturate the ceramic pad, therefore, efficiency seems low initially? Will efficiency improve with continued use? Any experienced concentrate users want to chime in on Cera's efficiency as compared to other oil vapes? Thanks.

The first load is saturating the ceramic with .2-.3g of oil, after it is saturated all u load is vaped.

The EO cart is capable of going through oil quick if you hit it hard, I can got through .5g easily in an evening without the coughing of dabbing that much. If just heating to produce modest vape then theCera EO is very efficient.

Question, anybody using the reworked E-Liquid cart?
It would be nice to have one to keep it simple at times.

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools

my cera eats oil like the cookie monster at the pilsbury factory. but that is the way I like it!

Chill Dude

The first load is saturating the ceramic with .2-.3g of oil, after it is saturated all u load is vaped.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. So you're really only vaping like .75g of your first gram....

Chill Dude,

Chill Dude

my cera eats oil like the cookie monster at the pilsbury factory. but that is the way I like it!

I never really thought of it like that. It could be since getting my Cera I've been stepping up my game with larger hits than I realize. I mean, I love my cookies, I just wish my bag of Oreos lasted longer.

I went through 25 pages or this thread and the only video there was didn't exsist? So this is mostly a convection vape? Does it suck as much ass in hit quality as the regular thermovape did?

mod note: From the rules page- Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.

VapeNStone,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
:doh:

Check out my sig, and @buchee's last post here.

BTW, the first 25 pages of this thread only cover about a weeks worth of time.

Next time you're looking for videos in a thread, try searching for "youtube" in the bar at the top right and be sure to tick "Search this thread only."

Last edited:

Combustiphobe

Hi folks,

First of all, I want to express my appreciation and gratitude to the long-time members of FC who take time out of their lives to educate the world about the complex world of vape technology. Without you I would have bought many combusting pretenders. I have been reading the forums for years but finally decided to post now that I have something brief to say.

I have tried a few different systems and finally found the one that I prefer the most (Persei with Herc 71 cart=biggest EO clouds yet). I love the Cera but don't have the budget for a huge vaporizer collection, especially now that I am tearing through so much EO haha.

Combustiphobe,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Tweek

I went through 25 pages or this thread and the only video there was didn't exsist? So this is mostly a convection vape? Does it suck as much ass in hit quality as the regular thermovape did?

Come on Mark, you are a nicer guy than that.

That being said, if you are looking for super fat rips, the LL cart is not for you IMO. The oil cart is a beast though.

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Yep. And it has a small bowl. Great taste, but if you are like me and enjoy filling a room with vapour, it doesn't really do the trick.

But it medicates which is what counts for most.
I agree 100%, it works and tastes great, but I prefer a larger bowl. I have not found a portable herb vape I go to yet compared to a home base unit.

Chill Dude

So my EO heater is leaking. It leaked into the chamber below the heater and out those tiny little vent holes in the body and made a mess. Fuck, I've only had Cera a little over a week.. Has anyone else had leaking issues with the heater core? Pretty bummed out...

Chill Dude,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
So my EO heater is leaking. It leaked into the chamber below the heater and out those tiny little vent holes in the body and made a mess. Fuck, I've only had Cera a little over a week.. Has anyone else had leaking issues with the heater core? Pretty bummed out...
Was it durring a fill or in use?

How hot did it get?

My only leaking has been over heating while loading and maybe putting too much in and trying to get it in the cart. Learning curve... After that its good.

Chill Dude

Was it durring a fill or in use?

How hot did it get?

My only leaking has been over heating while loading and maybe putting too much in and trying to get it in the cart. Learning curve... After that its good.

I didn't notice the leaking during fill or in use. I took a few hits last night and everything seemed fine, then in the morning I looked at it and noticed a little oil coming from the little vent holes. So I unscrewed the heater core and there was a mess of oil below. Do you think the heater core is defective? Or, I guess I could have inadvertently overfilled it. I thought if you did happen to overfill the oil would just sit on top of the ceramic pad, not gush out the bottom. BTW, I'm new to these higher end oil vapes. Before Cera I was mainly hitting oil with a dab style vape pen...

Top Bottom