Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Sonics420

Im goin to Cali for a week and thinkin of takin Cera with me. If the LL bowl has a brown stain would it still make it through? I haven't really tried to clean it off good yet but I'm sure I can get it squeaky clean with no smell, just wondering about the brown stain in the bowl thats it..Also for others that have brought their Cera LL/EO on flights what were your experiences?

Also I am a happy customer with my Cera, 2 returns and since they used the new welding method on my SS I havent had any problems over a month and half of every day use.. that isn't that long, but the Cera feels really solid now and perfect overall.

Anyone know of any places that would take a WA medical or it doesn't work that way??

Sonics420,
Reactions: steama

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I remember the video of playing fetch with it in a asphalt parking lot with a dog. That was the one that helped me make up my mind to buy the T1.
It was a tough sucker for sure.

JoeKickass

Anyone know of any places that would take a WA medical or it doesn't work that way??
SFO and Oakland are both mmj friendly, I know it's better to have a CA card but I'm not sure if they'd care or not. Washington is pretty local to us though...

I just pack enough for the trip and store it inside clothes, I've never had them unroll my clothes bundles...

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
It is very cool having the opportunity to do this and notice that 'your brain' runs the Cera and will link up to the way your particular Cera functions to achieve your preference of the vapor. I think that is why the Cera keeps getting so much better over time. The user can manipulate everything to maximize their entire experience simply by doing. I love this thing
Great insight. I've also been appreciating the "manual control" that Cera offers. It reminds me in a way of the launch box, which has the same sort of direct control on the part of the user, even though the heating method and other characteristics are very different. The best word I can think of that describes the design of both the launch box and the cera is "intimate", in the sense that the user's own muscle control is a direct factor in what goes on after you press the power button. When I was first beginning vaporizing and learning to use and love the launch box, it felt to me like I was learning to play an instrument.

Cera has a very different aesthetic from the launch box though. I think that the wood body of the MFLB really adds to its "intimate engineering" feel, not to mention its tiny size. I think I remember Tim teasing the idea of using wood for a Cera body. While the Star Trek ceramic makes me "geek out" in the best way, I'd think I might fall in love with a wooden Cera… Only if I can still keep the ceramic core, top cap, and mouth piece, though. You'll have to pry those from my cold dead hands.

I don't dislike digital automation in vaporizers. But, I appreciate at least the option of working directly with the technology in this way and I think I would miss it if I moved to a vape that only functioned in "automatic" mode. I don't think that such a vape with both automatic and manual control exists; I'm only saying I wouldn't be uninterested is such a concept…

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
My understanding as well. There have been a few returns with the strap itself failing up near the screw plate, but the soldered connections themselves were still fine. Initial failures were with crimped (above) and crimped and conductive epoxied (below) connections to the strap. In cases where pushing on the cart after it's made connection with the screw plate (even if not fully in) points to a strap, not connection, failure.

Welding does not seem to offer any direct advantage to the owner. Time will tell. TV is on it.

sweet, I though it was the solder that was the culprit, thanks for this info!!!!!
OF

I'm pretty sure there haven't been any problems with soldered units. Those were V2 after the original Cera straps started failing. V3 is the welded strap, which is a change made for easier manufacturability, not increased durability. DR had to send his back again after receiving a soldered unit, but it's still not clear what the problem was there… There's no reason for people with soldered units to worry I think.

Thank you both for clearing that up
**Edit** Actually My repaired unit I got back way back when is soldered and its been rocking ever since without a hiccup!!!
Its almost like once you break them in they perform even better !!!

Can't wait to try this tip and props for going all out on this project to make the tips. Looks
Iike a second batch of these tips will most likely be made from all the responses and hope they work out great!

I'm happy there's actually some cera videos now on the tube! I would love to see some videos on how you assembled you cera like that blazing OG, among other awesome vids!

I might have to put a video together, once i recieve my new wraps, I can do a DIY wrap video or something !!!
:tup: Thanks for the interest!

Hey there vapors,

So I finally joined the fuck combustion side of smokers and once I get my vape I'm pretty sure I won't be looking back

I'm a complete vaping noob, but as I see it the only way to change that is getting one:)
Now after a lot research and reading through large portions of the 2 cera threads I'm left with 2 questions(btw did I mention I decided to be going with the cera);

I live in Denmark, and I just wanted to make sure the charger is adaptable. The chargers says 120v and the wall sockets here, besides being different shapes, are 220/230v. Now I'm no electrician by a long shot, but I was thinking just going to an electronics store and buying an adapter - but will it work with the different volts?

Secondly have anyone tried to smoke good ol' regular Moroccan hash in the cera? If so how was your experience?

Thanks guys.

-Vaporiffic

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Welcome to vaporizing, welcome to Fuck Combustion, and welcome to the Cera thread! I don't think you'll be disappointed with the choice you've made.

Have you already received your Cera? If you haven't ordered yet then I'd send an email to sales@thermovape.com letting them know you're from Denmark and interested in purchasing. They'll get you set up right for the charger and also let you know about shipping. I'm no electrician either, sorry I can't help you there.

I don't know if it'll be a problem for you, but one person from Germany reported not being able to receive their Cera through customs due to the product lacking CE certification. Hopefully you won't have any issues! That's another good reason to contact TET.

Your hash should work famously in the CLL if you grind it into smaller pieces so that there is lots of surface area for the air to contact. Depending on the material and consistency it may need a poke/stir or two but I think you'll be amazed by the performance once you get the hang of it.

Hey nopartofme,

Thx for the quick reply and welcome:) I'm pretty confident in my choice aswell.
I haven't ordered yet as I forced patience on myself to avoid troubles like the German fellow which would ruin the initial experience.
I'll take your advice and contact thermovape again. Good thing Zeki is such a cool dude he's already answered 10-15 somewhat long emails lol:)
Nice info on the CE certification, that's definitely one thing I wouldn't have thought of. Anyways in worst case thermovape gotta be able to help me find both batteries and charger with the right specs here in Denmark ( and it would be cheaper regarding shipping and import duties ).

Well thx again:)

Vaporiffic

Ahh excellent, I figured that's all I needed, but better safe than sorry as you English tongued dudes say;)

I'll just check with that CE certification and if there is no problems all systems are on go!

Thanks for your input TheRobbo.

Vaporiffic

Herbalist23

Hello Vaporiffic,

I'm the german fellow nopartofme spoke of.
My Cera seems to be still on its way back to TET (Tracking info: Processed through sort facility May 12, ICS New York), so now almost 2 weeks!!!
Thats really dissapointing (just to mention, I purchased on March 2 and my Cera was almost here!!), but Zeki said he will let me know when it arrives and hopefully fix the CE problem!

Another guy from a german vapeshop I asked said we could leave out the charger and AC adapter,so the unit would be under 50 volts and then there is no need for a CE certification.
So maybe you could get another charger (like I did now, the Xtar VP1) and batteries (CGR18650CH or NCR18650PD), both charger and batteries you can get at akkuteile.de, its a german shop though, but maybe worth a try?

Zeki also mentioned they got a CE certification for the T1 and wanted to checkout for the Cera too.

I hope that helps a little, I'm still patient, even its very hard.

Thank you for joining in herbalist, I see my Saturday is gonna consist of research, research and mmm... research:)
Man you guys work fast on this site:) And they say we lack motivation because of cannabis - Meh I call BS on that one;)

Yea I am really considering getting another set of batteries and charger ( though I would prefer thermovapes ) I am however hesitant since I am such a novice on the electrical side of things. As far as I've understood from the forum getting a battery with the same performance doesn't necessarily mean it will work or physically fit in the device. Do you know of anyone who's tried this method?
Ill try finding some info on the whole CE certification thing and if we can actually import under 50 volts - just to make sure:) I'll post what I find later today of course.

Vaporiffic

Herbalist23

Thank you for joining in herbalist, I see my Saturday is gonna consist of research, research and mmm... research:)
Man you guys work fast on this site:) And they say we lack motivation because of cannabis - Meh I call BS on that one;)

Yea I am really considering getting another set of batteries and charger ( though I would prefer thermovapes ) I am however hesitant since I am such a novice on the electrical side of things. As far as I've understood from the forum getting a battery with the same performance doesn't necessarily mean it will work or physically fit in the device. Do you know of anyone who's tried this method?
Ill try finding some info on the whole CE certification thing and if we can actually import under 50 volts - just to make sure:) I'll post what I find later today of course.

Vaporiffic

Dont worry about the batteries I mentioned, the CGR18650CH (2250mAh) will work really good (maybe the best for now?), look at Thermovape Cera-Vaporpedia.
They are also recommended by many FC members, IIRC they were even sold once by TET, but then changed because Panasonic dont built them anymore!
The NCR18650PD (2900mAh) also work good, they will need a bit longer to heat up the core but last longer!

Whould be nice to hear about what you find out about the CE.

Herbalist23

Well I'll have a CE Update for ya later, just gotta do some stuff and read the material thoroughly after that.

Well that's actually pretty reassuring conserning the batteries and I will check it out. I was just checking the batteries at that German seller and noticed the physical dimensions of the two batteries are a tiny bit different but again I'll check vaporpedia - thx for the link.

Vaporiffic

Oh and by the way Herbalist, I'm not the best at German and though I can navigate the site - what is the lotfahne option when buying all about?

Vaporiffic

mod note: 2 posts merged. Use the edit button. Don't post back to back if edit time allows.

Herbalist23

Oh and by the way Herbalist, I'm not the best at German and though I can navigate the site - what is the lotfahne option when buying all about?

Vaporiffic
No problem my friend, Lötfahne is just a metalstrap to connect/solder some batteries in line,you wont need it!
BTW the tiny difference in length should not be a problem for the spring?

Herbalist23,

timmahsan

treEnt
Do you think Dama oil (from MMJ dispensaries here in Seattle, don't know if it's in CA) would work in the CEO?

timmahsan,
Ok I been reading a bit on that whole CE, importing electronics dealio.

So that dude from the vape shop was right most of the way;

"For the purposes of this Directive, ‘electrical equipment’ means any equipment designed for use with a voltage rating of between 50 and 1 000 V for alternating current and between 75 and 1500 V for direct current, other than the equipment and phenomena listed in Annex II."

However according to that annex II you need to check your own European states low current directive, to see if these values are the same;

"The provisions in force in the Member States designed to ensure safety in the use of electrical equipment used within certain voltage limits may differ, thus impeding trade."

And as far as I tell from the Danish directive I'm good to go as long as it does not exceed the 50 volt limit. So does anyone know if its safe to order without the charger and battery - under the 50 volts??
You better check the German yourself as I'm not perfect in German myself:) The quotes are from the;

DIRECTIVE 2006/95/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL

And the link if you wanna check it out: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:374:0010:0019:en:PDF

About that lotfahne which option should I pick?

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Gonna start calling you lungs-o-steel instead of blazing og.. : )

What did you assemble for the end there? Have you shown that before??

hahaha Thanks toro23, that made my day!!!!
I have not show this one yet, only because I cant find that type of silicone grommet Iam using.
basically its a silicone tip for a electric nasal aspirater(lol, I know), it came with multiple tips and this one didnt get used so I cut tip off and added over 510 drip tip to adapt to 14MM.
WORKS PERFECT!! Perfect seal :science:

Herbalist23

First of all, thanks for your research.

"About that lotfahne which option should I pick?"

You should choose "Ohne Lötfahne", what means without Lötfahne!

"So does anyone know if its safe to order without the charger and battery - under the 50 volts??"

Not sure what you mean!

BTW did you ask Zeki about the CE or the order without charger/batteries?

Herbalist23

Herbalist23,

timmahsan

treEnt
I've noticed when I use the CEO on my glass pieces, the air flow is fairly restricted. Am I using too big of a bubbler? (Lev Lattice Bubbler)

timmahsan,
Top Bottom