Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

Thanks OF, I was wondering since it said not for use with cera, but I KNEW I COULD ADAPT it somehow!!
Gotta get one !!!

I use it plugged directly into the EO cart (no MP or cap) or use a piece of hose to connect it. Very nice part, IMO.

Thank you, man it's torture having to wait for Zekis response, I wanna order it now! :)

I know that one well. Sorry to be the one to bring bad news, but Monday is a holiday for us Yanks, in honor of our Veterans who died in Service.....Zeki won't be back on duty until after dinner Tuesday for you?

"This too shall pass"

OF

I know that one well. Sorry to be the one to bring bad news, but Monday is a holiday for us Yanks, in honor of our Veterans who died in Service.....Zeki won't be back on duty until after dinner Tuesday for you?

"This too shall pass"

OF

Ahh ok, memorial Day I suppose? Well patience is a virtue I guess.
Happy holidays to you all:)

Vaporiffic

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I use it plugged directly into the EO cart (no MP or cap) or use a piece of hose to connect it. Very nice part, IMO.

"This too shall pass"

OF

Thats great to know.
click.........buy now......:rockon:

Darb

Just wondering how every bodies stock Cera batteries are holding up?
I got my Cera as soon as they came out and I use it heavily.
I had one battery leak out a couple weeks ago. The other two stock batteries seem to be getting weak.
Still working but instead of being good for all day I'm now usually changing my battery at lunch time.

Darb,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Just wondering how every bodies stock Cera batteries are holding up?
I got my Cera as soon as they came out and I use it heavily.
I had one battery leak out a couple weeks ago. The other two stock batteries seem to be getting weak.
Still working but instead of being good for all day I'm now usually changing my battery at lunch time.
I have the 2250 and the 2900 (not from TET), & they seem strong as ever, I do only use them for a a 4-5 EO session then i put them back on the charger(just a habit), but I took cera to disneyland and had to run them a bit longer and I noticed them going pretty strong all day with out changing up the battery's as often as i normally do!!!
I do run them pretty heavy too!!!
No leaks as of yet!!!!

I noticed a lot of you guys have different mouthpieces than the stock one on the cera, are these better?
And are they simply the tI model also available at thermovape?

Vaporiffic

Vaporiffic,

jepjep13

Hello

I have followed this tread from the first one that got closed. Talked my buddy into buying the cera and he just got it on Friday. Today he said it tasted or smelled funny. So he took off the switch and immediately noticed the spring was distorted in shape and color. There was also some type of liquid on the battery and inside the body. On the battery it looks like sweat, like you took a beer out of the freezer 10 minutes ago. I''m thinking the battery went south. It was from tet. Any thoughts

jepjep13,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I do not know how shipping from China is in Germany but there is a Chinese source provided by FC member Haywood. So far they have the best battery prices I have seen. It is called FastTech and they are 100% legit with reasonably fast FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE. Here is the link for the PD2900 mAh batteries ($15.94 for two cells) and you can get the other 2250 mAh at FastTech too. Cheap charger link below also.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10001980/1233700

Cheap Charger under $6.00
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000969/1080400-218650-lithium-li-ion-battery-charger-eu

As much as I have faith in the batteries and some other things I have purchased from fasttech, I would be VERY wary of an under $6 "no-name" charger. It may be fine, but I have my doubts. I would stick with a recommended charger, not one with no branding at all. I just got back from a week in London working, and I don't have time right now to check fasttech to see if they also sell some of the branded chargers most of us use, but if they do, I would recommend them rather than the one you linked to.

There may be a simple reason why your batteries are weakening so soon. I have read that you can extend these type of batteries life if you do not let them run low before recharging. So I have developed the habit of recharging them after a session. (like Blazing OG).

Not only can you extend the life of these batteries by not fully discharging them (to below ~3.2V), you can really kill their life by discharging them to almost nothing. This is the one danger of a fully mechanical "mod" (which the Cera is); you can hold the button down until you've really killed the battery, and repeated deep discharges can ruin the battery after just a few times.

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day! My Cera will be residing next to my BBQ all day! ;)

Not only can you extend the life of these batteries by not fully discharging them (to below ~3.2V), you can really kill their life by discharging them to almost nothing. This is the one danger of a fully mechanical "mod" (which the Cera is); you can hold the button down until you've really killed the battery, and repeated deep discharges can ruin the battery after just a few times.

I agree completely, Keeping the batteries with more than 3.2V will extend their life tremendously compared to running them completely dead. With the CLL this will be easy to accomplish as the charge is much more noticeable, the CEO will perform all the way to 3.0V but you should take notice when the warm up starts taking noticeably longer and switch out to a fully charged battery.

More work is done on the Vaporpedia page; newcomers can now be directed there to learn more about zirconia ceramic and the stock mouthpiece.

Critique, ideas, and suggestions are welcome as always.

I gotta say.... you have done well, It looks awesome!!! I cant wait to see the future Vaporizers and accessories on there ;)

Man I'd love just clicking buy now, but I'd better wait for Zeki to hit me back though:)

Vaporiffic
Hey, im going to try and help explain the voltage you're worried about.
First lets talk about the Cera itself, It runs on ONE 3.7V (typically is 4.2V fully charged). All the Carts will run off of this 3.7V battery, some with higher Amperage than others depending on the power but all run at 3.7V.

Now the charging system, Its 2 primary components are the "Charging dock", and the "Wall Adapter". The "Charging Dock" has all the charging circutry to maintain the correct Voltage for the batteries (3.7V system but charges fully to 4.2V). The "Wall Adapter" is what plugs into the wall (For us in the USA it tends to be 110VAC or 240VAC) and brings it down to 12VDC to work with the "Charging Dock".

Im not exactly sure about "CE" certification you are talking about but if you shoot us an email at Sales@thermovape.com we can help direct you to the "Wall Adapter" that will work for you if you want to purchase it online, Or you can source the charger locally and remove the "Charging Kit" from your order. It will also work strait to 12V like whats on an automobile, that may be a good option for you.

I hope that helps!
Cheers,
Tim

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Hello

I have followed this tread from the first one that got closed. Talked my buddy into buying the cera and he just got it on Friday. Today he said it tasted or smelled funny. So he took off the switch and immediately noticed the spring was distorted in shape and color. There was also some type of liquid on the battery and inside the body. On the battery it looks like sweat, like you took a beer out of the freezer 10 minutes ago. I''m thinking the battery went south. It was from tet. Any thoughts

The usual cause for the spring to distort and discolor is due to excessive current being passed through it. Indeed, that's the purpose of the type of metal alloy that TET selected for the spring; instead of letting the battery keep pumping out current into a short, which could cause catastrophic failure (kaboom), the spring deforms and stops pushing the battery, which removes the load. I have no idea what caused the problem though, just what usually causes the spring to fail.

If the battery leaked, you need to (1) be careful of the liquid, which is caustic, (2) dispose of the battery properly, and NOT try to charge it, and (3) notify TET on tuesday to ask them what you should do (they may want your friend to send back the Cera to check it out). Does the Cera still work? Does he have a second battery? Did you friend mention anything abnormal in his usage? You don't mention if he has an essential oil core or a botanical core. If he has an EO core, did he perhaps overfill it with very thin oil? Maybe it leaked into the body?

Maybe others have thoughts on this; I don't have a Cera yet, I just know how they work...

Edit: NoName is correct, and it was a bad suggestion on my part. If there is a short in the Cera somehow, you shouldn't fry another battery (or worse) finding out.

Also, I just re-read your message, and it seems like your friend can still use his Cera. (He noticed a bad taste, and then discovered the spring and liquid). Which means it works in its current condition. So I guess I'm confused a bit, as his "distorted/discolored spring" apparently hasn't collapsed, which is how the springs fail to protect things. Maybe whatever leaked in there (either from the battery or from the core) just discolored the spring? Anyway, since some of the possibilities can be dangerous, I would maybe wait until you can talk to TET on Tues.

NoName

The usual cause for the spring to distort and discolor is due to excessive current being passed through it. Indeed, that's the purpose of the type of metal alloy that TET selected for the spring; instead of letting the battery keep pumping out current into a short, which could cause catastrophic failure (kaboom), the spring deforms and stops pushing the battery, which removes the load. I have no idea what caused the problem though, just what usually causes the spring to fail.

If the battery leaked, you need to (1) be careful of the liquid, which is caustic, (2) dispose of the battery properly, and NOT try to charge it, and (3) notify TET on tuesday to ask them what you should do (they may want your friend to send back the Cera to check it out). Does the Cera still work? Does he have a second battery? Did you friend mention anything abnormal in his usage? You don't mention if he has an essential oil core or a botanical core. If he has an EO core, did he perhaps overfill it with very thin oil? Maybe it leaked into the body?

Maybe others have thoughts on this; I don't have a Cera yet, I just know how they work...

Hey Guys,

Only one thought: unless the OP has a multimeter (or other tech skills?) to check for and eliminate the possibility of some sort of short, I'd probably advise against using a second battery in the CERA (if his friend has a second batt) and send it back to TET to be checked out. I'd be wary of using a device whose spring had been "distorted in shape in color". Like Haywood said - prevents BOOM!
Good Luck!

NN

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day! My Cera will be residing next to my BBQ all day! ;)
Thanks Tim!!!
Its going to be a pain free and memorable memorial day extravaganza!!!!!:rockon::nod::rockon:
Long event's kill me with back pain and what not, but not this year!!!!

Happy Memorial Day!!!:wave:

OF

I've got a thought or two for the 'funny smelling battery and melted spring' idea. We've heard of this before (once I think?), not long back. The fellow put the battery in 'upside down' (not that it should matter normally) and the flat end made contact with the strap connection on the screw plate as well as the 'tit' on the heater at the top. The owner reported a tab of strap/solder sticking out next to the center contact of the heater. This uses the flat end of the battery to connect both sides of the heater core together electrically......not good.

This effectively shorts out the heater, there's basically noting to limit the current any more when you power up the switch. The battery put out the 10 Amps plus it can with the results we see (damage to the battery and collapse of the spring (a safety feature as Haywood points out).

If it were mine, I'd plan on sending the body and switch cap back for service eventually. The fit should be corrected so it doesn't happen again and the switch and spring replaced IMO since they've been overloaded and therefore compromised. Such abuse of switch contacts typically leaves a 'pit' on the contact, a flaw that can only grow worse over time. We saw this effect as the original domed switches started failing in service as the minorly 'burned' contacts degraded with further use. The switch might last a very long time or go out at some inconvenient moment.....why take that chance?

For sure dispose of the battery properly. Once the vent opens it's a goner sooner or later, and as Haywood points out the nasty stuff inside won't improve your vaping experience.

OF

Darb

I had a battery leak out as well.
I was using my copper power supply.
I've been using the copper Cera hourly ever since then with no issues.

Darb,
They are individual mods kind of steampunked from pieces from this and that and address the need of the individual making it. Some people do not appreciated the stock restriction style mouth piece and want more airflow. I personally love the stock MP because not even a crumb could make it through. As always different strokes for different folks.

At the end of the day the stock Cera is hard to beat even when comparing to the best of mods.

I see, thx for clearing that up, think I'll start with the stock and check that bad boy out, I like the thought of nothing but vape being allowed through:)

Vaporiffic

Hey, im going to try and help explain the voltage you're worried about.
First lets talk about the Cera itself, It runs on ONE 3.7V (typically is 4.2V fully charged). All the Carts will run off of this 3.7V battery, some with higher Amperage than others depending on the power but all run at 3.7V.

Now the charging system, Its 2 primary components are the "Charging dock", and the "Wall Adapter". The "Charging Dock" has all the charging circutry to maintain the correct Voltage for the batteries (3.7V system but charges fully to 4.2V). The "Wall Adapter" is what plugs into the wall (For us in the USA it tends to be 110VAC or 240VAC) and brings it down to 12VDC to work with the "Charging Dock".

Im not exactly sure about "CE" certification you are talking about but if you shoot us an email at Sales@thermovape.com we can help direct you to the "Wall Adapter" that will work for you if you want to purchase it online, Or you can source the charger locally and remove the "Charging Kit" from your order. It will also work strait to 12V like whats on an automobile, that may be a good option for you.

I hope that helps!
Cheers,
Tim

Thank you for that Tim, I do think I've figured the whole voltage thing out and it will have to be ordered unchecking the charger for sure. The thing I'm most worried about is the CE issue as I'm still not certain customs will let the cera through even without the charger and batteries because of the lack of this.
I am currently corresponding with Zeki about the issue, just let him have his weekend and holiday and I'm sure he'll get back to me ASAP :)

Vaporiffic

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Vaporiffic,

Herbalist23

Thank you for that Tim, I do think I've figured the whole voltage thing out and it will have to be ordered unchecking the charger for sure. The thing I'm most worried about is the CE issue as I'm still not certain customs will let the cera through even without the charger and batteries because of the lack of this.
I am currently corresponding with Zeki about the issue, just let him have his weekend and holiday and I'm sure he'll get back to me ASAP :)

Vaporiffic
Same thing here, I think we will have problems with the customs (espcially me, because they got it once) even though we're unchecking the charger/ wallplug!
Another thing what makes me wondering is, why Tim is'nt sure about the "CE" certification while Zeki told me they had a CE for the T1, a bit confusing.
Last but not least: Happy memorial day!

Herbalist23

Herbalist23,

JoeKickass

I had a battery leak out as well.
I was using my copper power supply.
I've been using the copper Cera hourly ever since then with no issues.
What kind of battery was it? Either there is a short or the battery isn't rated high enough...

JoeKickass,
I do not know how shipping from China is in Germany but there is a Chinese source provided by FC member Haywood. So far they have the best battery prices I have seen. It is called FastTech and they are 100% legit with reasonably fast FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE. Here is the link for the PD2900 mAh batteries ($15.94 for two cells) and you can get the other 2250 mAh at FastTech too. Cheap charger link below also.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10001980/1233700

Cheap Charger under $6.00
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000969/1080400-218650-lithium-li-ion-battery-charger-eu

Well actually I'm from Denmark:) and there is importing fees from china aswell as the US. I have however with help from herbalist23 found a German shop where I can get the right batteries and charger. They might be a bit more than 6 bucks but then again the cera is a high end product aswell:)
Thanks for the advice and link though:)

Vaporiffic

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Hello

Your best bet is to have your buddy contact us at sales@thermovape.com and have it sent in for a service. We can take care of the rebuild and look into why it failed like that, i have a suspicion like OF said but we need to look at it to be sure.

*Also, the battery compartment is separate than the airpath of the heating element so there is no need to worry in that respect

Cheers,
Tim

Well I just got word from Zeki about the whole international dealio. I know this might not concern a lot of you, but since this is sorta the cera encyclopedia I thought the info should be here for future internationals:) (had to write herbalist a pm so he knows)
Now for the update:
Zeki just told me that he does have the CE certification and the necessary paperwork, I do not know if this includes some kind of user manual as this supposedly is a big deal to customs - I will check this however.
Regarding the whole voltage thing, I've asked Zeki to check the exact value for the cera with battery and no charger, so we got that sorted aswell:)
I think that's it, but here will be an update on the issues mentioned and of course the greatest question of them all - will cera ever make the long dangerous way through customs into the promised land of Christiania, Denmark? To be continued....

Vaporiffic

Top Bottom