Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm off to the Cannabis Cup. Hopefully I will see some of you there. My product testing companion thought a little photo commentary on the form factor of the Cera was in order, so here ya go:

Demonstration knockers provided by the great Lillith Sinn.
Id hit that...wink wink

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Picture removed.

Mynameismud,

OF

I'm off to the Cannabis Cup. Hopefully I will see some of you there. My product testing companion thought a little photo commentary on the form factor of the Cera was in order, so here ya go:

This is, I think, graphic proof that Cera does not get too hot?

One thing sure, Ms Sinn isn't like any of the Beta Testers I know........ Curse the luck.

OF

OF

The Cera is super easy to use and making her perform comes naturally with a little effort. You just need to play around with your draws and try to keep the crucible hot and you will be off to the vapor races in no time.

Very well put. Even the bad results are still pretty good.....

All you really have to do is start with 'known good' techniques, experiment a little and follow the results you like best. Cera, like a few others, really wants to teach you if you'll just drop the ideas you brought to the party and listen?

OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I'm very certain TV advertises....They SHOWCASED their operation on Techchrunch!!!! I also always get Thermovape Advertisements on webpages I visit so they are obviously paying to target people who visit their site!

No advertising here! Tech Crunch decided to do an article on us, wasn't a advertising campaign. And we definitely don't do any Adds, although there are a few distributors that opt for that type of advertising.

I've never been more dissapointed with a product!
The truth....
This thing is like carrying 5 roles of quarters around, in other words its so heavyy pants fall off!
The battery is garbage, the unit is a nice paper weight, it won't hear up at all!
It's never worked!
If this company doesn't issue me a return its free other then shipping to the first respondent!
If some one can get it to work please let me know and I'll have only a few negative things to say!
The best way to get help with your device is to contact us directly. You can reach us at 888-428-VAPE or email us at sales@thermovape.com

Awesome, Hope you enjoy the show!!! I always have to remind myself to slow down and pace myself, too easy to over do it ;)

Cheers,
Tim

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Picture removed.

scottfree

Tha
winterized oil would be even better due to the ethanol pulling whatever plant waxes the solvent doesn't.

edit: nevermind misread, "absolute" oil is winterized...
That's what I'm talking about... thats Why I said ABSOLUTE Shatter people call it all types of shit but either way its the best and all I make, AdeptExtracts on instagram and I would hope you purge all the ethanol out.

JoeKickass

Just a little update from Joe's workshop:

The new wider mouthpiece is for easier connection to bongs when using silicone tubing...
Oh, and I made a smaller one :evil:
182qeam.jpg

Check out how tiny this new one is:
(and notice on the big one how quickly the copper dulled because I've been handling it, but it'll polish up like new real quick)
xQKFG0f.jpg

My mini uses a smaller AA-size battery (less than half the runtime of the big one but the IMR battery ensures it's still full power!)
mvI2k0J.jpg

JoeKickass

Nice mock up joe! Other than the battery in the tube, is there anything else? (Grroundstrap I mean, not the nut) TIA

The positive button of the battery touches the little positive tip on the cart, so when you squeeze the endcap closed it touches the end of the battery and the copper tube itself completes the circuit (a ground-tube rather than a ground-strap lol).

It's literally a battery, some tubing and the eo cart but I gotta say it hits just like it's bigger brother!
:leaf:

OF

Very cool, Joe.

Have you considered crushing the tube and cap at the bottom enough so it's out of round enough to bind and 'latch' in the on position if you twist it? A soldered in pin and cam slot would be more traditional (and a PITA to do) but I wonder if some playing with the vice couldn't do the same thing?

Just thinking out loud.

OF

timmahsan

treEnt
Dang! My EO core isn't heating up anymore. I've tried 3 different fully charged batteries and tried stretching the spring a little.

I probably have .2 grams in there easily, boo :(. Time to contact TET.

timmahsan,

GR

So I find myself correcting anybody that I use the Cera with. They all ask " what are you doing with a Dildo?" And I have to tell them dildo's don't have batteries, vibrators and/or personal massagers do. They are all very apologetic and suck until they get their white creamy reward.

So is anybody else getting combustion regularly with the LL?

The first few days it seemed I could barely get a wisp of vapor after 5min on the button, then the cart found its heat, now if I stay on the button constant I get combustion every time in less then 2 minutes. If I feather an on/off all is good and I get vape in under a minute now, but to go from vape to pop, combustion sucks. It is worse with a tight pack then a loose load but I can combust a loose load if I draw harder.

GR,

GR

I have made my Cera combust twice...you know playing with the volume knob. When I feel the vapor gets to that certain point right before it ignites I simply back off my draw.

Your LL cart sounds like it is exceptionally hot.

Lol, it went from being cool to hot, when did I become the guy that just wants to be in the middle.
Thank you, like you I have found that volume of vapor just before combustion can help but before that I combusted five bowls in a row to learn. Nasty.

Ok another question.

I did a oil cart cleaning yesterday. Boil for 30min, 15 min 91% ISO soak with agitation, followed by a 10 min boil, 30min or so in a 230f oven. All seemed great but my end weight of the cart was more then when it went in for a cleaning, must still have water in there, another 1/2hr in over, another, another, dry burns, better but still weighed .2 more then when new. Another entire boil, soak, boil, heat....same weight as before this round. So I go with it, something changed but I want my Cera back, I load and use, when I need a refill I am .2g higher then I used to be, so things are consistent, however flavor is way down, I have run close to a gram through since cleaning with no improvement. I feel like the .2 that seems to not have been cleaned out is tainting things now,suggestions very welcomed.

Another question.

How does one go about getting extra cores? I would like at least two EO cores but it is not an option to just buy them.

GR,

toros23

So is anybody else getting combustion regularly with the LL?

Not combusting but on the verge with lots of really dark material in the bottom. I think I have my technique all wrong treating this like a convection piece and failing. It seems like most of the success stories I am hearing with LL cart are with folks using techniques typically used for conduction (i.e. fine grind, slower pulls, dry material). Personally, I don't like running my Cera that hot - pushing 230F+ at the end of the body with 2-3 mins of continual use.

I am not giving up yet but it has been really challenging.. I did have the guys at TET check out my LL cart and they seemed to like the readings they were getting with the MM, so I think these things just run really hot after couple mins. I am sure I will really enjoy the extra heat once I get the technique down.

toros23,
Reactions: steama

JoeKickass

Very cool, Joe.

Have you considered crushing the tube and cap at the bottom enough so it's out of round enough to bind and 'latch' in the on position if you twist it?

That's pretty funny... I just had my cap bind on me but I foolishly kept drawing, and it took me longer than I expected to turn the cap off, there was only the pinnacle tube between me and the eo core's full power for like 15s...

It was the kind of hit that would have destroyed your lungs if you smoked it but with the cera eo I coughed twice and was fine, relatively of course :whoa: I don't even remeber how long ago that was...
That EO cart kicks some royal ass.
It really does!

A soldered in pin and cam slot would be more traditional (and a PITA to do) but I wonder if some playing with the vice couldn't do the same thing?
As nice as a bolt-action cera would look, I'm trying to find a nice switch :ninja:

GR

Thanks Bob! I just booked marked your link after going to TET home and trying to find my way to your link, I failed. Does your computer have extra buttons? Lol

In an email earlier to TET they would not let me buy a LL SS body and add a TI EO cart on, now I can, Muwaha. Disclaimer, threading different metals together, especially under heat can lead to different expansion and contraction rates which could lead to threading problems, I have been advised. However the brilliance of the simplicity of the Cera body and the ease of which the threading bolt on the body of the Cera is swapped has rejuvenated my desire for the TI core.

OF

My beloved Cera has died. No power to either cart and tried tin foil...nothing, she's flat lined.

Oh well, I have had the Cera long enough to be a true believer in just about everything about her. I love the way Cera works when it is working it suits me just fine. I just hope it is fixed perfectly. Not having my Cera is costing me more money because it is so damn efficient.

Gee, too bad you don't have one of my 'garbage' springs and a few 14500s, you'd be vaping on right now most likely. Not to kick a guy when he's down, of course. It's just unfortunate. Having a deep respect for Murphy, borne of long experience, I'm sure that since I have such a fall back handy I won't be visited by the evil copper strap poltergeist. Sounds like it's time for a visit to the shop for your Cera.

It's a pity you have to get in that line but I share your confidence that the turn around will be short and the fix effective. Hopefully you'll be reunited quickly and the nurturing relationship can resume? You've seen the light.....you know how good it can be. No, make that 'should be'.

Or 'will be'?

Best wishes for alternate celebrations of the 4/20 holiday.

OF

OF

Hey OF I would like to thank you for keeping me on straight info regarding the Cera. I have never enjoyed a vape so much as the Cera. I know I got smart with you (regarding batteries) for which I would like to apologize. You have done a few good things for me already. Thanks Pal

Happy 420

You're very welcome, of course. I'm sure you'll be enjoying your Cera again very soon.....soon to us, for you it might be a long white knuckle experience I'll grant.....

I've no idea what you're talking about with the battery thing.....must be two other guys?

Thanks for the good wishes. A day for us to pause and reflect on how well we have it, and how much more progress needs to be made. There are sick people out there that could live better and longer lives being thwarted by misplaces laws trying to do something else. IMO that needs fixing, it's an artificial problem, we made it, it's our (collective) responsibility to set it right. That starts, IMO, with keeping the positive information going out.

Regards,

OF

YeeeBuddy

My beloved Cera has died. No power to either cart and tried tin foil...nothing, she's flat lined.

Oh well, I have had the Cera long enough to be a true believer in just about everything about her. I love the way Cera works when it is working it suits me just fine. I just hope it is fixed perfectly. Not having my Cera is costing me more money because it is so damn efficient.

Bummer, I do agree about its efficiency and this is what has turned me on the most about cera(yes that sounded wrong) How medicated I could get off that little bowl, i wouldn't even pack it full alot of the time. I get some comfort knowing I will be getting back a more reliable cera, I hope they stress test the shit out of them lol. Even when it stopped working I wasn't too upset, Its like a hot chick you just cant stay mad at them :rofl:.

Top Bottom